Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dark nightsky posted:

Lets all drink the coolaid and crush those loving badgers! Glory to the Emporium!

:firstpost::hf::c00lbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Eonwe posted:

i will make this commitment, when I am done with tree of savior and I am looking for another MMO, I will make it EVE

I will be a huge loving idiot because I'm bad at games but I'll try

Aww yeah, getting the band back together.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Also, IIRC we haven't commissared SMA IIRC. Sure if SMA's leadership hosed off with the wallet and disbanded SMA or something we would try to keep member corps from vanishing to the wind, but SMA are definitely not slacking on defense.

I'm probably biting hard on the propaganda troll.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Sperg and you will be heard :spergin::spergin::spergin:

quote:

(3:37:43 PM) directorbot: GREAT WAR GIMMICK DISCUSSION: You cannot hellwar without a proper 40k gimmick; this is an iron law of our people. From the KILLFRENZY of the past to the opening of the Eye of Terror: http://i.imgur.com/dRGF5Oa.gif (thanks Dramaticus for digging THIS IS MOON up) srsbiz war requires this. Father Snuggles has pointed out that we cannot abuse Chaos metaphors as we're the Imperium, so we need something non-Chaos that is as psychopathic and obsessive as only we can get. Current thinking is https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Black_Templars but sound off in Elysium if you have a better idea. Need to have this sorted out before the CEO Update, tia~

~~~ This was a broadcast from the_mittani to opt-all at 2016-04-04 22:37:40.849790 EVE ~~~

:smuggo:

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

It seems to balance out in the end because Amarr and Minmatar battleships are very popular while we are the only people to field Megathrons.

Also when it comes to Hybrid weapon systems you *need* T2 ammo. T1 crystals are alright and T1 projectiles are better still.

Scorch >.>

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

yeah but that means you're in elysium as opposed to our bitching in eg and my bitching in gs_isk or wherever he was afk at the time

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Meta and spin aside, that's an incredible amount of destruction, I just wish Capri had more of a brain to count MBC ceptor losses as well for comparison.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

kiresays posted:

Scorch >.>

Scorch doesn't go into tachyons

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The "CFC loses 1300+ interceptors in one weekend" statistic is somewhat misleading. Really, all it's saying is "Tuxedo Catfish resubbed."

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The "CFC loses 1300+ interceptors in one weekend" statistic is somewhat misleading. Really, all it's saying is "Tuxedo Catfish resubbed."

All 66 taranis were your work i take it?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Zasze posted:

All 66 taranis were your work i take it?

it was a slow weekend

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

kiresays posted:

Scorch >.>

Alright by comparison to for example T1 blaster ammo.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Between that and going back to gallente battleships, clearly the mittani knew

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dark nightsky posted:

Lets all drink the coolaid and crush those loving badgers! Glory to the Emporium!

This post looks like someone tried drunk posting in E/N and accidentally selected the wrong forum

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

It is mindblowing to me that the Megathron is capable of fitting a full rack of 425mms and a decent tank while the Minmatar and Amarr ships struggle to fit T2 1400mms and Tachs.

To be fair, the mega beam lasers with their three muzzles spitting out energy death rays look helluva sweet, so I don't mind this so much. The Minmatar are properly hosed, though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

dragonstalking posted:

Meta and spin aside, that's an incredible amount of destruction, I just wish Capri had more of a brain to count MBC ceptor losses as well for comparison.

So way less then one properly fitted Titan.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's not always about the isk.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A Titan is like one alt for one player, so who cares? Thousands of dead frigates are more impressive from a game health perspective.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

miss you bae

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i killed a bunch of pandemic horde guys they seem like they are really bad

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Necros posted:

:hai:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Necros posted:

we're proud of you xiang, for your service

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Just lol if you didn't go to b-r in a smartbombing interceptor and rub against all of the titans blue or red like the world's friendliest cat. Just. Lol.

I was in B-R with dictors and didn't get on a single titan :smith:

It took me another year to finally get on my first titan killmail.

dragonstalking posted:

So are you but we still like you.

Given I haven't complained about anything, nor to the degree Baki does for hours on end this :iceburn: is pretty weak.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Goons just need to trap PL into another BR and kill 80 Titans and we'll win the war. easy!

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Goons just need to trap PL into another BR and kill 80 Titans and we'll win the war. easy!

Is this the black swan event? Is mittani's ~spaimaster~ level master plan revealed?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Also, IIRC we haven't commissared SMA IIRC. Sure if SMA's leadership hosed off with the wallet and disbanded SMA or something we would try to keep member corps from vanishing to the wind, but SMA are definitely not slacking on defense.

I'm probably biting hard on the propaganda troll.

SMA are good people regardless of what's going on. Kyle Aparthos and the other dudes have always been chill and have on occassion hung out with us on Mumble doing whatever. When Horde moved to Cloud Ring despite being easily able to dunk on them, SMA at least tried to make the fights even in some capacity and create entertaining fights. The Sov fuckery was also pretty mutually enjoyable I think, at least I enjoyed it on my end. Hopefully they don't collapse or anything like that, that'd be pretty lame given how much they've actually improved overall in the past few years.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What the gently caress does any of this mean? I know next to nothing about Warhammer 40k other than "big dudes in giant WoW style armor fight ork aliens."

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Realistically PL is squeamish about anything approaching a fair trade of ships

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is the difficulty in replacing Titans more about logistics and time to build rather than isk at this point?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is the difficulty in replacing Titans more about logistics and time to build rather than isk at this point?

Individual titans, yeah. A titan fleet is going to hurt anyone's finances badly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

evilweasel posted:

Individual titans, yeah. A titan fleet is going to hurt anyone's finances badly.

I figured that losing 50ish Titans today is the equivalent of losing 50ish Dreads back in 2007. A big setback but not necessarily backbreaking. Guess I'm just that out of touch.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You can buy titans for like 100b fairly easily it looks like, so probably more about replacing them than anything.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

supersnowman posted:

What's the point of having systems where nothing ever happen? Why do they even exist? If nobody is using a system, it is be definition useless so doing away with it isn't bad.

In which systems has literally nothing ever happened?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How would that help new groups emerging?

An over abundance of space hasn't helped them. It doesn't necessarily follow that having less space will hurt them.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

After losing B-R. PLs supercap supremacy was shattered and they have been in second place since. Which means they have had to skirt around Imperium space and deployments because they couldn't challenge us on the field.

The purpose of this war for PL is to get a chance to break our supercap fleet so they can take first place and then keep it.

If they could do that and then use PH for subcap support then they could project a lot of power.

However the problem for PL is that it's only right at this very moment where they can field subcap supremacy. Never before and probably never again. The moneybadger coalition is tearing at the seams and they have to catch our supers before the coalition disbands. Because PL + PH will not be enough afterwards if we still maintain our capital fleet and continue to build more while PL have to buy theirs.

They have to take the shot now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mercenary Coalition proved 8 years ago that an alliance based entirely around capital ships (in this case super caps) doesn't work that well.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

After losing B-R. PLs supercap supremacy was shattered and they have been in second place since. Which means they have had to skirt around Imperium space and deployments because they couldn't challenge us on the field.

The purpose of this war for PL is to get a chance to break our supercap fleet so they can take first place and then keep it.

If they could do that and then use PH for subcap support then they could project a lot of power.

However the problem for PL is that it's only right at this very moment where they can field subcap supremacy. Never before and probably never again. The moneybadger coalition is tearing at the seams and they have to catch our supers before the coalition disbands. Because PL + PH will not be enough afterwards if we still maintain our capital fleet and continue to build more while PL have to buy theirs.

They have to take the shot now.

I don't think PL and NC. ever broke CFC numbers for supers/titans, it was just they used them more, thus more experienced with what they could get away with. That and they had a strong core in a specific time zone ready to drop a moments notice and weren't spread out so much.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mercenary Coalition proved 8 years ago that an alliance based entirely around capital ships (in this case super caps) doesn't work that well.

It's going to work better in Citadel but the result is that they are going to bleed supercapitals after every encounter.

Medium sized groups will be able to Dread Bomb and come out ahead a few supers or even a Titan.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

nessin posted:

I don't think PL and NC. ever broke CFC numbers for supers/titans, it was just they used them more, thus more experienced with what they could get away with. That and they had a strong core in a specific time zone ready to drop a moments notice and weren't spread out so much.

The true numbers were never really known. Up until B-R no one was certain which side had the superior numbers to deploy.

But since then the Imperium has lost the whole rusblock. Darknessdot and CO2 have since switched sides and several corporations have left too. Though we have also built supers relentlessly.

On the third hand I doubt that the low sec groups would be willing to field supers next to PL in this conflict.

Also because this thread has been unusually bad as of late. Lets have a reminder of being goony.

a screenshot of some intel channel I was in several years ago. I don't remember where but I remember people chasing this stolen Orca through several systems as they reported where he went next and frantically tried to catch him.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 5, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

On the third hand I doubt that the low sec groups would be willing to field supers next to PL in this conflict.

They've done it before.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Zephyrine posted:

way to invalidate your authority on the discussion of the mbc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
like PL didn't ambush TEST on their way up to Obe

• Locked thread