Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Zephyrine posted:

A flag on a map is important. A visible home. Alliance identity is an important factor to many groups and it helps them stick together and fight. You can't just Merge groups into one another without risk of damaging their internal identity

Provide time estimate for this actually happening, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Kimsemus posted:

We're based in a level 5 hub now, and the capital changes to carriers are going to severely nerf the isk/hour you're going to net out of level 5s. You can downgrade from a carrier to a Vargur or something similar but it goes from 2-5 minutes per mission (I run 3 pullers to not tank my standings on declines on missions I can't get my carriers into) to half an hour or more in a subcap. I mean still decent isk that I think will be around 100m/hour or so but right now I'm cranking about a bil/hour.

People are going to have to figure out how to use faction pullers or grind their own up because declining certain missions that just aren't worth the time or effort, subs or caps, is a regular thing.

This is fascinating to me. Have you tried these same missions using High Angle Gun Dreads on SiSi?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Do Gallente Battleships still use railguns for fleet PVP? And is the Rokh still good for that?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Kimsemus posted:

We're based in a level 5 hub now, and the capital changes to carriers are going to severely nerf the isk/hour .

This is really up for debate, some PL guys are running them faster in Sisi because drone missile volleys melt poo poo.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do Gallente Battleships still use railguns for fleet PVP? And is the Rokh still good for that?

Yes because dps and projection.
No because bombs.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Megathron is back in fashion right now. After being away for over a year.

Dark nightsky
Apr 4, 2016
Lets all drink the coolaid and crush those loving badgers! Glory to the Emporium!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Seeing an Avatar make 85m ticks makes me feel somewhat skeptical of those claims

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

The Megathron is back in fashion right now. After being away for over a year.

What was the battleship being used before? Are Amarr ones still good?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dark nightsky posted:

Lets all drink the coolaid and crush those loving badgers! Glory to the Emporium!

hell of a first post

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Machs, Napocs rule

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dark nightsky posted:

Welcome to SomethingAwful

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
You need to be loving unemployed to read this thread.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zethe posted:

Or have a decent job

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

dragonstalking posted:

This is really up for debate, some PL guys are running them faster in Sisi because drone missile volleys melt poo poo.

I think in theory depending on the mission this can work, but one of the big reasons why I use one carrier per system is because I can warp in and already be finishing align without popping the mission object and not even wait for my fighters. There really isn't more than a 15 second window where I'm able to be probed and killed, I'll have to look more carefully but I think the changes will result in a lot more dead carriers, and I've also had a harder time with the missions that insta scramble on SiSi, but I suppose I need to play with it more. I know some of the dudes whom have been on SiSi a lot more playing with the mechanics really hate it right now though, so I can't say for sure.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

This is fascinating to me. Have you tried these same missions using High Angle Gun Dreads on SiSi?

Well, you'd have to go into siege to get any real results and that is not ideal when the carriers are in and out in less than a minute. The thing about these missions is you need to land, kill, and warp before everything scrambles you, else you're forced to actually run the mission. We might be the "experts" on running L5 in lowsec right now, and our number one strategy is to spawn, finish, and despawn the mission as fast as possible to mitigate risk, and maximize income.

The real shitter to level 5 is the setup -- getting 3-5 carriers (one for each system), then getting 2 or 3 faction pullers bought or ground up and standing buffered because you deny over 50% of missions. Sometimes I get a good run of 4 or 5 carrier missions, other times I decline ten in a row. Some of the guys run them in marauders but that negates the "headshot and run" strategy.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 5, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

the Apocalypse battleship is used as well. So all is well.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

For most groups it's Machariels or GTFO.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
It is mindblowing to me that the Megathron is capable of fitting a full rack of 425mms and a decent tank while the Minmatar and Amarr ships struggle to fit T2 1400mms and Tachs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

For most groups it's Machariels or GTFO.

Is this really the case? Because gently caress training up minimatar from nothing just for that poo poo.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

It is mindblowing to me that the Megathron is capable of fitting a full rack of 425mms and a decent tank while the Minmatar and Amarr ships struggle to fit T2 1400mms and Tachs.

It seems to balance out in the end because Amarr and Minmatar battleships are very popular while we are the only people to field Megathrons.

Also when it comes to Hybrid weapon systems you *need* T2 ammo. T1 crystals are alright and T1 projectiles are better still.

Dark nightsky
Apr 4, 2016

Cygni posted:

hell of a first post

We all have to start somewhere right?

Shut your loving face uncle fucker...

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Are rapid "whatevers" always better than their Regular/Short ranged counterpart?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dark nightsky posted:

Shut your loving face uncle fucker...

:shobon:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Despera posted:

Are rapid "whatevers" always better than their Regular/Short ranged counterpart?

Only if you want to punch down with a vengeance.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

It seems to balance out in the end because Amarr and Minmatar battleships are very popular while we are the only people to field Megathrons.

Also when it comes to Hybrid weapon systems you *need* T2 ammo. T1 crystals are alright and T1 projectiles are better still.

But there's no void for rail guns :smith:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Rhymenoserous posted:

Just did some napkin math and if you put fcon, sma, and the bastion all into the same region they'd still have less nerds in that region than we do in dek. By a large margin.

This came up one or two threads ago. CCP should probably bite the bullet and reduce the total number of systems somehow.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dark nightsky posted:

jesus did all the badposting rip open a hole to 2006

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

This came up one or two threads ago. CCP should probably bite the bullet and reduce the total number of systems somehow.

How would that help new groups emerging?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
This looks like a fun game! Can i kill nerds?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ynglaur posted:

That isn't the issue at all. There are just too many stations left over from the 4 incarnations of sov warfare prior to this one. If Citadel can truly be destroyed it will solve a lot of the issues. There should be huge swaths of unoccupied space all over, but instead we have stations everywhere that force you to hold them or hostiles will.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

And yet, you can always find an idiot with an idea for more space.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6424135#post6424135

capitals running incursions

:getin: :gizz:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cimber posted:

This looks like a fun game! Can i kill nerds?

Hey Cimber, please don't makebelieve post.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

YouTuber posted:

That isn't the issue at all. There are just too many stations left over from the 4 incarnations of sov warfare prior to this one. If Citadel can truly be destroyed it will solve a lot of the issues. There should be huge swaths of unoccupied space all over, but instead we have stations everywhere that force you to hold them or hostiles will.

What's the point of having systems where nothing ever happen? Why do they even exist? If nobody is using a system, it is be definition useless so doing away with it isn't bad.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Dark nightsky posted:

thanks for the :10bux:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Zethe posted:

just lol if you can't easily keep up with this thread and the star citizen thread

buncha casuals

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dark nightsky posted:

:same:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

supersnowman posted:

What's the point of having systems where nothing ever happen? Why do they even exist? If nobody is using a system, it is be definition useless so doing away with it isn't bad.

This is true. It's why designers absolutely hate white space. There's no reason for it. Duh.

Dark nightsky
Apr 4, 2016

Cimber posted:

thanks for the :10bux:

You are welcome suger ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Who is ready for IRONv2? Time to step aside goondom

• Locked thread