Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
UK people, if you have a "Bargain Buys" shop in your town, go check it out for some good deals- I picked up Springer for £14 today, and would've bought Roadbuster too if I weren't moving house soon...

Edit: lol shot one of his missiles under/behind my bed within 20 seconds of having him out the packet. Skillz!

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It's always recorded, but the source can vary widely
Sometimes it's actually less expensive to get the actor in to record some lines than to license a snip from the show/movie

Oh my god I can't imagine the nightmare vortex that has resulted in Hasbro having to pay license fees to use a clip from the show/movie when the show/movie is ostensibly intended TO SELL THE TOYS

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Looks like MakeToys Not Tailgate \w bonus purple things is in stock. Just hit my PoL.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10032&mode=retail

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DisposableHero posted:

Looks like MakeToys Not Tailgate \w bonus purple things is in stock. Just hit my PoL.

I'm still waiting for them to do a set for the other version of Cyclonus.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

DisposableHero posted:

SHIP MY PILE OF LOOT NOW!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

P-X Vulcan is also hitting around now. drat it, it seems like I'll have to miss it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

P-X Vulcan is also hitting around now. drat it, it seems like I'll have to miss it.
Yes I mean it's not like all of PX's dinobots are currently in stock at bbts? You'll have like 4-12 months to order it.

3P stuff isn't drastically underproduced anymore. Also apparently MakeToys is now selling individually packaged Quantron pieces. S'weird.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Out of curiosity, did everyone who wanted a Combiner Wars Viper get one? I'm fishing for my Secret Santee but can't remember if they expressed an interest.

Viper's a cool idea, but I had the opportunity and passed him up; seems I'm mainly saving my personal :tenbux: for MPs these days. That and Sky Lynx. And maybe Bruticus.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Squalitude posted:

UK people, if you have a "Bargain Buys" shop in your town, go check it out for some good deals- I picked up Springer for £14 today, and would've bought Roadbuster too if I weren't moving house soon...

Edit: lol shot one of his missiles under/behind my bed within 20 seconds of having him out the packet. Skillz!

Hahah I did that with Roadbuster 30 seconds after too, and now that missile is gone forever. Only black one I had too :/

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I stored that missile in the end, it just sticks out too far.

Just took Beast Hunter voyager Optimus from the shelf for a bit, I forgot how neat this guy is.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

With the whole merging of Cybertronian and Human tech (and Hasbro owning the brand), I kept expecting things to go full MASK.

I was thinking human tinkering with Cybertronian technology could inadvertently cause sparks to form in a mountainside and give birth to Rock Lords.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Except he isn't human. Nothing like that since Furman.

Also the most important part of Redemption was, in fact, reformated cybertron has new sparks on it

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It's always recorded, but the source can vary widely
Sometimes it's actually less expensive to get the actor in to record some lines than to license a snip from the show/movie
Sounds like a good excuse to revisit the greatest toy sound clip in Transformer history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKEf6oaUSJM&t=79s

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Sick haul.

Living in New Zealand has its perks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Who puts a reserve of 5 dollars on something

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Knormal posted:

Sounds like a good excuse to revisit the greatest toy sound clip in Transformer history.

Peter Cullen reading out the small print choking hazard not for children under the ages of three warning info.

e:

So I put together (and painted, poorly) one of those Astro Plan snap together models from Sirtoys and, well, now I want to do it again except with quality control standards (and less parts forming). Are any of the Gundam models transforming? I mean, I guess I could get a Macross model, but I would feel real bad loving up a 150$ model, I need some painting practice first.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 4, 2015

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Sizone posted:

Peter Cullen reading out the small print choking hazard not for children under the ages of three warning info.

e:

So I put together (and painted, poorly) one of those Astro Plan snap together models from Sirtoys and, well, now I want to do it again except with quality control standards (and less parts forming). Are any of the Gundam models transforming? I mean, I guess I could get a Macross model, but I would feel real bad loving up a 150$ model, I need some painting practice first.

Yeah there's a few but the transformations and alt modes are garbage for the most part. Maybe try the Loto kit, it's a bit small and the transformation isn't very complex but it's got two sets of the kit in the one box.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Other posted:

Loto kit

Could you give me some more details? All I'm coming up for on a loto kit search is lockout/tagout stuff which is unpleasantly close to work.

e: never mind. Those are kinda cute

Sizone fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 4, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sizone posted:

e:

Look up the HGBF Tryon 3, there's a lot of other transforming mobile suits, but I felt that one specifically needed to be brought up

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Captain Invictus posted:

Who puts a reserve of 5 dollars on something

People who want their minuscule margin not entirely eaten by fees?

Edit:

Sizone posted:

e:

Older and simpler Gundam Wing (Wing, Wing Zero, Epyon) kits are fairly easy to build or an old 1/144 Zeta Gundam. The partsforming isn't too horrible and the bot modes will look great on the shelf painted up.

Like Other said the alt modes are pretty much funky folded up robots in a vague future-space-garbage-jet form, but I'd say they're still good for practice and display and shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of for low cost.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 4, 2015

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sizone posted:

drrockso20 posted:

Look up the HGBF Tryon 3, there's a lot of other transforming mobile suits, but I felt that one specifically needed to be brought up

Depends on the standard you want to set on "transforming", I think most transforming Gunpla use parts-forming and replacement. I really like the HG Reborns Gundam, which changes from robot to different robot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sizone posted:

e:

https://www.hlj.com/product/BAN984464/Sci

Way less than 150. Never built one myself though so I can't speak to its quality, but the transformation looks right. The VF-1 is almost a partsformer anyways, with how the legs get down to the nosecone for battroid mode.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Veg posted:

Sick haul.

Living in New Zealand has its perks.

Kind of stoked for you, kind of sad that you've been cursed to never own all the parts without hours of searching and spending way more than what the reissue goes for MISB.

Sizone posted:

I am not a gundam guy but one day I was in a comic shop and I found a really cool model of a gundam robot that turned into a crazy frog beast and he came with two lightsabers and oh yeah he was PINK AND PURPLE which is always awesome in a transforbot. It was only like $25! So I bought him and put him together over a weekend and it was so fun and cool that I was like "hey what other transforming gundams are there?" And after years of looking I can assure you everything else is AWFUL. And bad. And partsformy as gently caress even if they look cool. Just get some Kabaya kits, they are much more fun.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
If you want a gundam that actually transforms, you'll need to look at Master Grades. As already pointed out, bandai's kit valks are legit, but more fragile than gunpla for obvious reasons.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SpikeMcclane posted:

If you want a gundam that actually transforms, you'll need to look at Master Grades. As already pointed out, bandai's kit valks are legit, but more fragile than gunpla for obvious reasons.

Didn't they make an RG Zeta too?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Serperoth posted:

Didn't they make an RG Zeta too?

Yes, however I've mostly heard people say they wish it didn't transform or they would never do it again after the first time.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The rule of thumb for transforming gunpla kits, especially every version of the Zeta that does it, is you pick a mode to have it in permanently and never transform it because they like to have bits fall off for no reason. Some people go so far as to glue the bits to prevent transformation and make the whole thing sturdier. There's a gunpla thread in the anime bit with a combination of nerds that have built just about every kit going and are cool at advice.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, Perfect Grade Zeta was a bitch, though Dr. What would orgasm over it (one book for assembly and one for Transformation). It was a pain in the rear end and even when you had all of the Molecule small connectors plugged in right something would still be loose. Somehow the MG was worse.

If you want some decent transforming Gundams though, look up the ReGZ, ZZ, Superior, and the Ex-S. All of those transform. Also the ZZ and Superior (not Super, that's a different one) have like 3 or 4 modes.

If you just want some non-transforming good models though, the G Gundam ones, God, Shining, Master, and spiegal are all super possable and can stand on one foot while remaining stable.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've bought the Turn A and Heavyarms Kai master grades but haven't assembled them yet, I hear they're really good though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I put together an MG RX-78-2 and MG Char's Zaku II a few months ago. It's pretty fun and they're not terribly difficult kits to assemble. It's something to do while watching dumb TV shows or whatever.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Perfect Grade Zeta, you say? :zoid:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I have the MG Zeta 2.0 and I don't ever want to transform it again. Same with the Unicorn.

Transformers are good at transforming, Gundams are not. Gundam kits are not fun to transform. Maybe if they had more transforming toys, maybe.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I thought I was in the Gunpla thread for a second :psyduck:

Yeah, don't bother with the vast majority of transforming mobile suits, they're all horribly overengineered or partsformery as hell or both. Except for the Asshimar, which transforms from a cool robot into a SPACE DONUT:

(and is the rare HG model that has perfect transformation)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

3 posted:

Except for the Asshimar, which transforms from a cool robot into a SPACE DONUT:

(and is the rare HG model that has perfect transformation)

Leader class Cosmos?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The gently caress are you guys talking about I don't recognize any of those things

BTW my secret Santa's gift will ship tomorrowwwwww! Get hype!

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Well I didn't miss much by skipping those posts.

Whens the next announcement dump for new toys

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Probably nothing till NY Toy Fair now.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

New KO AoE Evasion Prime pics

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

TheDK posted:

The gently caress are you guys talking about I don't recognize any of those things

BTW my secret Santa's gift will ship tomorrowwwwww! Get hype!

There's a pretty sizable crossover between Transformers and Gundam fans. Because well, robots.

I've also noticed a lot of Transformers fans like Mega Man for much the same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I like Mega Man because they are (or were) great games. I don't think it was until MM2 that I found out they were all supposed to be robots. I thought Mega Man was just a kid in a suit at first.