Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Send me free amiibos i also like SMW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I can't believe Lowtax has fallen so far as to send bootleg amiibos attached to bizarre threats to forum posters.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
So what amiibo is it?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pyswagoras posted:

The cross section of Star Citizen posters and Switch posters can't be that large.

I don't think there even is any, I mean except for me and I only showed up cause someone linked me the post. Must be a false flag :tinfoil:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't think there even is any, I mean except for me and I only showed up cause someone linked me the post. Must be a false flag :tinfoil:

Is this an admission of guilt?? Who else would have the power to doxx other than a derek smart moderator

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cog05 posted:

So what amiibo is it?

gave me the mario costume, so I think one of those, nothing else to try it on

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Wow, staying in this thread paid off in spades. If that letter is real, contact the police like other people have mentioned. Since you have a tracking number and address from the sender, you can show them it instead of us. It does not matter if we believe it, just be safe.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

JetpackHowwy posted:

Wow, staying in this thread paid off in spades. If that letter is real, contact the police like other people have mentioned. Since you have a tracking number and address from the sender, you can show them it instead of us. It does not matter if we believe it, just be safe.

Tbh, as psycho as it is I don't really feel unsafe, the address is the other side of the country. I hope it was a "harmless" prank, but considering the amount of people that think I should go and let the police know, I will tomorrow.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nalin posted:

honestly this guy saved him from buying an amiibo off ebay for like $50

Mario is like $13

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Here I'll switch (heh heh heh) the subject to something less creepy but possibly just as puzzling: I just spent real earth money to buy empty Switch game cases from Nintendo so I could make game boxes for my DLC games..

It's me.

I'm the one you should be making fun of.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I own over fifteen amiibo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i bought a roy amiibo.

hopefully it'll do something in Fire Emblem Warriors or #FE 2

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

spit on my clit posted:

i bought a roy amiibo.

hopefully it'll do something in Fire Emblem Warriors or #FE 2

It gives you a better character than Roy.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Internet Kraken posted:

it gives me Harold?! sign me the gently caress up

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nalin posted:

Is this an admission of guilt?? Who else would have the power to doxx other than a derek smart moderator

When you put it that way, it does seem like an airtight accusation...

I don't really like Super Mario Bros. 2 though, maybe my lawyer can work with that for my defense?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gave me the mario costume, so I think one of those, nothing else to try it on

So you used the "illegal" bootleg amiibo and have basically become the thing that you hate? Hahaha

No but seriously that's some creepy poo poo and hosed up.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Tijuana Bibliophile is the only conmon poster I've observed.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Who the gently caress sent me this?

I'm touched I guess, but that's also super "cool" and "fun" that you cared enough to find my address.

Thread redeemed! Good job, Mario2 guy!
Also Shantae is good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm touched I guess, but that's also super "cool" and "fun" that you cared enough to find my address.

Sometimes I forget that goons are also the scum of the internet. :allears:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought Tumbleseed after only watching the eShop trailer.

Whoops.

Does anyone know if you can get a refund for eShop games from Nintendo?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
For what it's worth, I heard the devs are working on a rebalance patch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
come on e3

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

eonwe posted:

come on e3

oh I swear (what he means)

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Sometimes I forget that goons are also the scum of the internet. :allears:

yes but the thing is the switch isnt getting pokemon stars, just a lovely rehash of pokken

obviously this won't make the switch not good, but! could it make it slightly less cool?

just theorycrafting here

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Modus Pwnens posted:

Farthest I've gotten is 400 height I think and there needs to be less holes and less things that home in on you at the same time

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i cant wait for people to get angry once nintendo doesn't live up to the people's unrealistic expectations

please announce codename steam x fed force though, that'd be the funniest poo poo

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Modus Pwnens posted:

Man it would have to be one hell of a patch to fix the game.

Like, I don't mind difficult roguelikes. Binding of Issac is extremely punishing and difficult before you start to figure out enemy patterns and if you get bad items.

But Tumble Seed... oh man. For starters, it's hard as poo poo to control, and just when you think you have a hang on it you twitch your thumb just a little too far and you fall in a hole. Oh, and those three spears you spent your precious crystals on? Gone when you respawn, reserve crystals too. Also the hitboxes are completely unfathomable--after a half hour of play I can't tell how close is too close to the holes (especially the exploding ones) and I still can't figure out how not one but TWO spears managed to miss an enemy right next to me.

...that said I'm gonna make a friend try to play it tomorrow, so hopefully him raging out about it will be worth the $15 I spent on this very pretty, excellently soundtracked experiment on controller durability.

Because I swear if I didn't have my wrist straps on my joycons would be firmly embedded in the television right now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm enjoying reading the E3 rumors and feeling shame for the mentally ill mail-sender.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is E3 tomorrow?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inzombiac posted:

Is E3 tomorrow?

no

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is Tumbleseed really that bad? I thought it might be a fun game to try out because it looks pretty unique.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wake me up when e3 is here

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

Is Tumbleseed really that bad? I thought it might be a fun game to try out because it looks pretty unique.

I like it, but the control scheme will drive anyone insane

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought it might be a fun game to try out because it looks pretty unique.

That's what I thought, too :smith:

Like, with the visuals and soundtrack that it has, I expected something along the lines of Journey or whatever. More about atmosphere and the experience than actual gameplay, the kind of "game" you could play while pleasantly high on a Saturday morning.

Nope, it's closer to the NES Back To The Future game than anything else I've ever played.

[Edit: oh man someone should buy this game for Dunkey, he'd have a goddamn breakdown]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

saying smb2 is better than smw....might be the most hosed up part :eyepop:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo. How is the thread for a childrens toy 100x rougher than any other thread in games

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

saying smb2 is better than smw....might be the most hosed up part :eyepop:

Lets love our children equally.

They are both pretty great.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty sure you won't need an amiibo to use Ike.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
While Dr. Tim Whatley's gimmick is kind of annoying, please don't eat Dr. Tim Whatley, whichever goon did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Has anyone had issues with the screen going dimmer for minutes, randomly?

Because it's super annoying. On Zelda it was ok, but Shovel Knight gets really distracting don't the colors are usually so bright.

This is while docked, too!

This is a setting on a lot of tv's that's often on by default, might want to check that.

• Locked thread