Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

this is my new favorite tenacious d album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

The Covid Belt?

The Infertile Crescent?

Looks gangrenous, better amputate.

Edit:

crepeface posted:

#OpenUpPlaylist brought to you by #CocaCola
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmmtT55uu_o

Four weeks ago.

Four loving weeks.

How is everyone this dumb?

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 05:37 on Aug 14, 2021

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

open biden!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Foo Diddley posted:

if only covid would burn down the fuckin' south

tbh it is doing its best

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Looks gangrenous, better amputate.

no i have 2 go to arbys

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

u can pry my cold dead legs from my roast beef sandwich eyyy love arbys go to arbys

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Stereotype posted:

the civil war caused on average 500 deaths a day. we dipped below 500 deaths a day six weeks ago (and are already back above it again), and have been above 500 deaths a day for the entirety of the 18 months of pandemic.

it's an incredibly large number of deaths.

and yet there are still loving fetid ghouls out there telling people that the vax has killed more people than covid has and gullible rubes that believe them

extremely hosed up my dudes

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

if only covid would burn down the fuckin' south

there are plenty of people in the south that aren't trash/deserve covid death.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why is covid still going? doesnt it understand that we have to go back to normal?!?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

crepeface posted:

#OpenUpPlaylist brought to you by #CocaCola
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmmtT55uu_o

OPEN UP!!!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Zokari posted:

why is covid still going? doesnt it understand that we have to go back to normal?!?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

actionjackson posted:

so for the covid testing, if I'm having symptoms now, I get the pcr test, but if they had previously happened I get the antibody test?

when do you suspect you were exposed? wait at least 3 days after that before a pcr to give it time to incubate. Or yeah if you're feeling symptoms it's probably safe to just get pcr now, if it comes up negative I'd wait 3 days and test again to be sure

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

AppleNippleBOB posted:

there are plenty of people in the south that aren't trash/deserve covid death.

don't you understand that once a state votes 51% red you can write off 100% of its people?

c'mon jack!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zokari posted:

i want to speak with covids manager

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

silicone thrills posted:

lmao I was looking up Biden's vote on NCLB and found this gem from the 2008 VP debate

BTW Joe Biden did vote for NCLB

Wild how he's talking about how they need more money for it and now that he's president he's done dick all to fix it still.

"I SLEEP WITH A TEACHER EVERY NIGHT :haw: is some top tier big league cornpop vibes joe biden poo poo god drat lmfao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Stereotype posted:

i want to speak with covids manager

covid ur fired

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fired up to melt some lungs :smugdon:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's wild how a respiratory virus fries people's balls and their pancreas or something

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dreylad posted:

it's wild how a respiratory virus fries people's balls and their pancreas or something

turns out chronic hypoxia is really bad!!!

!!!!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pokemon covid the polls

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

WampaLord posted:

don't you understand that once a state votes 51% red you can write off 100% of its people?

c'mon jack!

liberals love the idea of exterminating people lower class than they are

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Local story:

All of the various disparate cities in Metro Manila are, in some jurisdictions, considered as a single region, called the National Capital Region.

Because this is the most urbanized, most densely populated region of the country, it gets the lion's share of vaccines.

This is posing a problem for people in outlying provinces, such as Cavite, which is on the southern border of the NCR, and even has thousands of people commuting into the city from there, but is getting treated like all the other more rural provinces in terms of getting vaccine allocations. Imagine if the US was prioritizing vaccine shipments per state, and Virginia was treated as low-priority as, say, the Dakotas, even with all of the people driving into DC from Va.

Because of this, my mother, who lives in the NCR's southern reaches, has now had something like a dozen people register her house as their residency, just so they can sign-up and line up for vaccinations within the NCR, because they've been waiting for months for a dose from the Cavite local government and poo poo just ain't arriving.

I only brought it up because it reminded me a lot of the shenanigans that people in the US had to pull to get a dose in, like, February and March.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
CNN is still advertising a big fuckin' concert in new york every 5 minutes.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Hatebag posted:

Pokemon covid the polls

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
that would take so long to explain to people

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lol a group of my former coworkers all got together today for a "safe" outdoor happy hour. They shared pics and they're all in this outdoor area, unmasked with like 10 other people sitting nearby. :allears: Me and one other were like "hell no, we're not going to that".

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://komonews.com/news/local/watershed-music-festival-linked-to-more-than-160-covid-19-cases-throughout-two-states

quote:

Watershed Music Festival, held in George, Washington, is where Grant County health leaders are saying 160 people have contracted the virus.

All cases have been reported in people from King, Grant, Pierce, Skagit, Kittitas, Okanogan, Whatcom, Kitsap, San Juan, Lincoln and Stevens counties who were at the festival. The festival reportedly had about 20,000 people there.
Officials say an Oregon resident also tested positive and their case has been tied to the festival.

Lmao

Washington state went whole hog moron the moment the CDc said masks off and we ain't goin back

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Dreylad posted:

its cool, balls are like the worst part of human anatomy. and i've been wanting a vasectomy.

hopefully i'm just trippin.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

silicone thrills posted:

https://komonews.com/news/local/watershed-music-festival-linked-to-more-than-160-covid-19-cases-throughout-two-states

Lmao

Washington state went whole hog moron the moment the CDc said masks off and we ain't goin back

wow so amazing that lollapalooza, which had 40x the number of people, only had 200 infections! they must have really done a great job at lollapalooza, good job everyone

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

silicone thrills posted:

quote:

George, Washington

:d2a:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I spent pretty much all last year and most of this year pissed as hell, but not really... worried much, if at all.

But lately I've been anxious as gently caress, and I think I've finally realized what it is. It's the complete lack of decision-making that's evident at nearly every level. Trump's batshit insane press conferences legitimately demonstrated more leadership than anything that's come from Biden or a single state governor this year. It's the kind of thing you can almost write off during a lull (even though we never had a true lull), but we're at 1k+ death days again, hospital systems are overwhelmed, and things are clearly worse than 90% of the pandemic so far.

Like, somebody loving do something. Tell me to inject bleach into my veins, I don't give a poo poo. Desperately paddling directly at the rocks because you don't know what the gently caress you're doing is less disturbing than throwing your paddle in the water and just letting the river take you. The current situation of an out-of-control pandemic that's just going nearly entirely unacknowledged is beyond insane and it's breaking my loving brain.

anyway thanks for my coming to talk

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Stereotype posted:

that would take so long to explain to people

I don't think you'd have to worry about getting the entire explanation out before your subject has thrown a smoke grenade to the ground and escaped

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

when do you suspect you were exposed? wait at least 3 days after that before a pcr to give it time to incubate. Or yeah if you're feeling symptoms it's probably safe to just get pcr now, if it comes up negative I'd wait 3 days and test again to be sure

it could have been last weekend, that was it. but I have no actual evidence that that person had covid. Obviously it's possible, but she's someone that virtually never goes out anywhere - works from home 100%, orders everything online, etc.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

gathering of the juggalos is next week

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

The best thing about going to the gorge is being like "were going to the gorge in George!"

I do miss music fests there. Not enough to get covid tho.

This one time I went to an edm fest there and a guy got into the ferris wheel with my friends and I and he whips out a bag of coke and is like "you folks are cool right" "yah dude u do u" and he ripped off his sunglasses right as the wheel was at the top and jumped up and we all thought he was gonna go over.

It was great.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 06:02 on Aug 14, 2021

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

gay_crimes posted:

lol a group of my former coworkers all got together today for a "safe" outdoor happy hour. They shared pics and they're all in this outdoor area, unmasked with like 10 other people sitting nearby. :allears: Me and one other were like "hell no, we're not going to that".

lol you just reminded me i saw a bunch of maskless people salsa dancing in the park today

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

I spent pretty much all last year and most of this year pissed as hell, but not really... worried much, if at all.

But lately I've been anxious as gently caress, and I think I've finally realized what it is. It's the complete lack of decision-making that's evident at nearly every level. Trump's batshit insane press conferences legitimately demonstrated more leadership than anything that's come from Biden or a single state governor this year. It's the kind of thing you can almost write off during a lull (even though we never had a true lull), but we're at 1k+ death days again, hospital systems are overwhelmed, and things are clearly worse than 90% of the pandemic so far.

Like, somebody loving do something. Tell me to inject bleach into my veins, I don't give a poo poo. Desperately paddling directly at the rocks because you don't know what the gently caress you're doing is less disturbing than throwing your paddle in the water and just letting the river take you. The current situation of an out-of-control pandemic that's just going nearly entirely unacknowledged is beyond insane and it's breaking my loving brain.

anyway thanks for my coming to talk

trump was a better president than Biden if we look at outcomes imo

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

and there goes the whole state

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1426404012908171267?s=21

also hearing that NSW hospitals are no longer coping with the influx of Covid patients as so many staff are either sick or in quarantine themselves due to exposure

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I was away for a couple days, any new videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

gay_crimes posted:

trump was a better president than Biden if we look at outcomes imo

trump's people were too stupid to realize that you could ignore a pandemic if you wanted to and that forced much smarter politicians to actually take action

biden's handlers clearly understand that covid doesn't really exist if you just don't say its name