Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I think the creepiest things was that he would read all of this daughters IMs word for word. I can understand skimming them for certain things but reading entire tween conversations just seems odd to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

How else are you gonna get your rocks off if you aren't jerking off?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I've never understood the John Hein hate, he always seemed pretty inoffensive to me. I mean what's the worst thing that he's done, lied about how many women blew him? eating too much fast food? that's describes a lot of men. I mean I don't get why he still gets up at 5.00 a.m. to do a show when he's a millionaire (and probably gets paid next to nothing) but compared to actual scumbags like DePace and Goodstein, or just plain unfunny people like Shuli and Benjy - Jon Hein's not that bad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I've never understood the John Hein hate, he always seemed pretty inoffensive to me. I mean what's the worst thing that he's done, lied about how many women blew him? eating too much fast food? that's describes a lot of men. I mean I don't get why he still gets up at 5.00 a.m. to do a show when he's a millionaire (and probably gets paid next to nothing) but compared to actual scumbags like DePace and Goodstein, or just plain unfunny people like Shuli and Benjy - Jon Hein's not that bad.

I genuinely like Shuli, he seems like a nice guy. Jon seems nice but incredibly irritating. And Goodstein can go gently caress himself.

I still find Benjy weird. Like his whole life is shtick, and it's rarely actually good.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I still find Benjy weird. Like his whole life is shtick, and it's rarely actually good.

Benjy fashions himself as another Andy Kaufman, and it totally fails. Whereas the latter had jokes with punchlines and innovative gimmicks, Benjy just acts like an attention grabbing rear end in a top hat and thinks that deliberately annoying people is funny. It's not, and it's less pleasing than literal dead air.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I mean I don't get why he still gets up at 5.00 a.m. to do a show

Because it gives him a platform to have exposure to the audience for all his outside projects

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Riosan posted:

Benjy fashions himself as another Andy Kaufman, and it totally fails. Whereas the latter had jokes with punchlines and innovative gimmicks, Benjy just acts like an attention grabbing rear end in a top hat and thinks that deliberately annoying people is funny. It's not, and it's less pleasing than literal dead air.

Well said, both of you. On rare occasions, Benjy will act like a real human being, and I want to like him... for like 2 seconds, and then he switches back into his lovely shtick, and I just want him dead.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I think the comparison to Lisa G is pretty apt. I don't think Jon or Lisa are bad people per se (especially when - like you said - you compare them to people like DePace and Goodstein)...they're just not that interesting, so they seem horribly out-of-pace in the entertainment industry. I've met a ton of people like Jon and Lisa in your typical office setting. Their biggest crime is being in the public eye.

And second agreement on Benjy's harrible Andy Kaufman attempts. Based on everything I've seen and heard, it of course is a shtick, but I don't know if we can really turn it "off" or not. I suspect that he's incredibly annoying in real life.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Riosan posted:

Except this one time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5IGHa_p4C4

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
There is an underlying weirdness about Jon Hein. On the surface he is completely inoffensive and has a typical normcore dad look. But when things come to light, there is just something odd there. You might not have noticed it, but your brain did.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
When they find the half eaten child in Jon Hein's fridge I just want to be able to say I always hated him instead of those tools who just say "Oh but he seemed normal." 80 blowjobs at summer camp, yeah right you loving psychopath.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jon Hein once buttfucked a squirrel in Central Park.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kylej posted:

Jon Hein once buttfucked a squirrel in Central Park.

He's a sick guy... he needs help in the worst way.

EDIT: Well, it happened... I found a video that has a bit of 8-bit music in it. I should say that it's merely a pulse wave, which were also used in the NES, and at any point, anyone with a synth could reproduce it, but still :colbert:

:nws: The video in question :nws:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 14, 2016

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'd trade Jon Hein for ETM in a heartbeat

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

I genuinely like Shuli, he seems like a nice guy. Jon seems nice but incredibly irritating.

Shuli seems like he has a really high opinion of himself as a comedian for somebody that probably wouldn't be able to get booked in firehouses if he wasn't hanging on to the bottom rung of the Stern show. I got douche chills listening to him talk about how he was the headliner of Ronnie's block party.

Jon Hein is a creepy weirdo, but I'll fight anybody that disagrees with his massive list of complaints about Burger King.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Jon Hein is a creepy weirdo, but I'll fight anybody that disagrees with his massive list of complaints about Burger King.

I really want to hear this list, as I literally have no issue whatsoever with BK and kind of miss eating it (don't get the opportunity where I am, specifically, without going out of my way)

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

BobbyK posted:

I'd trade Jon Hein for ETM in a heartbeat
Well duh - yeah!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Burger King has onion rings, so it's not really much of a contest.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Shuli seems like he has a really high opinion of himself as a comedian for somebody that probably wouldn't be able to get booked in firehouses if he wasn't hanging on to the bottom rung of the Stern show. I got douche chills listening to him talk about how he was the headliner of Ronnie's block party.

My problem with Shuli is that he is the worst sycophant on the show, by far. He almost ruins the "Gary is not dependable" saga during Hurricane Sandy when he's in the studio sitting in the"Artie chair".

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

My problem with Shuli is that he is the worst sycophant on the show, by far. He almost ruins the "Gary is not dependable" saga during Hurricane Sandy when he's in the studio sitting in the"Artie chair".

Having recently re-listened to the Hurricane Sandy saga, yeah, pretty much this. I don't hate Shuli all the time, but goddamn if he isn't the most annoying piece of poo poo during those segments.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Because it gives him a platform to have exposure to the audience for all his outside projects

What are his outside projects? He sold Jump the Shark early in the Sirius run...then a decade later he wrote a book. That's a lot of getting up early.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I hate to wish divorce on anyone but part of me hopes this is true.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/howard-stern-wife-beth-ostrosky-fighting-furious-sirius-xm-deal/

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Who the gently caress would want to spend more time with Howard?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Shuli is amazing as the Wack Pack Wrangler and it's great listening to him flirt with Underdog Lady. There was a short period where they'd have him come in and give updates on the Wack Pack and I thought he was pretty well suited for it, or at least tolerated in small bursts like that.

I am listening to a JD pack while I do boring quarterly stuff and holy poo poo I can't believe someone with such a terrible self-image can have such exacting standards. This is the same guy who said he couldn't be more than "99% sure" that it wasn't him who poo poo all over the studio bathroom, but he's not willing to settle for any girl lower than a 10 or accept anyone's help.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
RadarOnline is trash but if even an inkling of that is true, Beth is more of a retard than I ever thought possible

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Somewhere in PA, a former high school principal awoke suddenly with hope

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Who the gently caress would want to spend more time with Howard?

Plus, his TV show deal is over. He kinda does have more time to spend with her. But I'm guessing she's finally sick of him and realizes that he might live for a decade or so and wants out now when she could try for a happy marriage.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is this a tabloid? Because it reads like a tabloid. Like something Mike Walker would fart out.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Somewhere in PA, a former high school principal awoke suddenly with hope

I'll never not laugh at this joke

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Beth O, made famous by portraying skeletons in Dark Souls

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I do not find her attractive :colbert: I'm not saying I needed that terrible-looking gif to decide that, I just don't go for that thin blonde look. I understand that she is, by near-universal standards, attractive, but I just don't like her, looks-wise.

Now, if she had dark brown hair...

EDIT: Also, Benjy vs Dice Clay was loving wonderful :allears: He's earned a better place in my eyes... and my heart :unsmith:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I do not find her attractive :colbert: I'm not saying I needed that terrible-looking gif to decide that, I just don't go for that thin blonde look. I understand that she is, by near-universal standards, attractive, but I just don't like her, looks-wise.

Now, if she had dark brown hair...

EDIT: Also, Benjy vs Dice Clay was loving wonderful :allears: He's earned a better place in my eyes... and my heart :unsmith:

Shes not married to a billionaire attractive, more like married to a high school principle attractive.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I would kill to see Howard go through a divorce again, the fallout would be amazing.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

I would kill to see Howard go through a divorce again, the fallout would be amazing.

Me too, but that article is classic tabloid baloney. Can't prove it, can't disprove it, won't name any sources.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Two Kings posted:

The best part of that saga is when the neon sign the guy builds for Howard shocks him. Golden era Stern all around.
I always thought for sure that he faked the whole thing for a radio bit, but if you notice, the light does dim a little when he touched it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sasquatch! posted:

I always thought for sure that he faked the whole thing for a radio bit, but if you notice, the light does dim a little when he touched it.

I also thought so as well but once I saw the video yea, you can see something happened. I think this was probably no worse than touching a basic electric fence they use for animals but Howard definitely hammed it up some because he could see how to make good radio out of it.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jesus Christ Howard looks like a praying mantis. It's like Woody Allen and Cher had a kid

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

DeadBonesBrook posted:

What are his outside projects? He sold Jump the Shark early in the Sirius run...then a decade later he wrote a book. That's a lot of getting up early.

He hosted a show similar to Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, except only for fast food chain restaurants, so imagine John Hein in the Guy Fieri role taking a huge bite out of a Big Mac without any toppings on it, then later in the episode doing the same for a Baconator (hold the bacon and hold the cheese and hold whatever else comes on it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Keg posted:

He hosted a show similar to Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, except only for fast food chain restaurants, so imagine John Hein in the Guy Fieri role taking a huge bite out of a Big Mac without any toppings on it, then later in the episode doing the same for a Baconator (hold the bacon and hold the cheese and hold whatever else comes on it)

Him and booey also did that lovely collectors show I cant remember the name of.