Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Hobold posted:

Star Citizen: Star Citizen

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

hot balls man no homo posted:

The whales are extinct. The only ones that exist are the ones trapped in tiny pools owned by Croberts and co so that they can be milked for every last dime they have. You're not going to find fresh whales that are just now hearing about Star Citizen and manage to push past the missed dates and lack of progress to spend 15k.

Everybody that will ever buy star citizen has already heard of it. It has been years and everyone that has been paying attention has already formed an opinion. Buy now or wait and see.

Just for shits and giggles. What if the money they are laundering is actually the cash of some kind of drug ring? The counter is poo poo but the vacations and international trips as well as a new show for almost every day of the week is being funded. I think he is seeing the beginning of a subscription reality show about the making of their games. The ultra whales would be regulars on that show as well. Either that or some Saudi prince's have decided they need to play this poo poo. Who knows, I am just some guy on a dead comedy forum.

I can't believe I just said that...

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

DapperDon posted:

Just for shits and giggles. What if the money they are laundering is actually the cash of some kind of drug ring? The counter is poo poo but the vacations and international trips as well as a new show for almost every day of the week is being funded. I think he is seeing the beginning of a subscription reality show about the making of their games. The ultra whales would be regulars on that show as well. Either that or some Saudi prince's have decided they need to play this poo poo. Who knows, I am just some guy on a dead comedy forum.

my worst case scenario for Star Citizen has always been money laundering. Using smurf acccounts to buy tons of ships with dirty money, small purchases from overseas email accounts through hacked web addresses that it won't ever arouse suspicion and then selling those ships while at the same time drawing a salary as a "consultant" to cash out some of your dirty money as a nice clean paycheck.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

Words. Fail. Me

Your funniest post.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Spatial posted:

It's not the thread quality but what was being discussed. Namely that the game seems to be a huge grind fest, and is ultimately shallow despite its size. That there are hundreds of 300+ hour negative reviews on Steam only seems to confirm that view.

Pro-tip: if someone plays a game for 300+ hours and still gives it a negative review, they're retarded.

Or a Star Citizen.

Or a bit of both?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

Pro-tip: if someone plays a game for 300+ hours and still gives it a negative review, they're retarded.

Or a Star Citizen.

Or a bit of both?

Well there are 160 sextillion bazillion miles to explore along with 100 systems so it could take that long.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well there are 160 sextillion bazillion miles to explore along with 100 systems so it could take that long.

If those miles all have fidelity, then ok.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Would you mind if I utilized my Endeavor supercollider module to form the atoms that go into your alien ink?

Can I handcraft the magnets for your supercollider?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Samizdata posted:

Can I handcraft the magnets for your supercollider?

Sure, let me collide some poo poo so you have the materials to help me make my supercollider.

Star Citizen: A Turing Machine gone mad.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Next purchase is a racing drone. It's so cool and I want to get into it.

Same here, but more than you. I will pioneer new frontiers in racing drone usage. I was involved in slot car racing years ago, and even did custom slot cars and did customer rewinds on my slot cars.

Why don't I direct you to my KickStarter - "Buy Samizdata Lots of Stuff Because. No, Just Because."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: The keys to the kingdom are locked inside the ship. gently caress.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What's new?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Nothing, it's more sound and fury signifying nothing.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Meridian posted:

What's new?

Planescape Torment just released. Very high review scores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKwRev64-PI

*edit* I'm downloading it right now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Planescape Torment just released. Very high review scores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKwRev64-PI

*edit* I'm downloading it right now.

Thank you, been waiting for that but I lose track of poo poo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DapperDon posted:

This happened in WoW last decade, Russian mafia groups were laundering money through it by buying game time cards.

Can't see this happening to SC, as you need a market to sell it to, and ships are non-recurring so it can't be forever like game time cards.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://twitter.com/iammoshow/status/820433589556822016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That was the Russian mafia, though.

The way the Swedish mafia do it, is to buy ships through the store, then get the money back out by paying consulting fees/service charges/etc to themselves via one of the many many RSI subsidiaries that exist to shuffle the money around :sandance:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I want this person to be my newest best friend. (Also only best friend). For real though, whoever that is, is a cool dude!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

TheAgent posted:

moma please tell me you aren't an incel holy gently caress dude
This would explain a lot.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
well part of him can be. maybe he's like a transformer and one of his modes is incel

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
What the gently caress is an incel and is it part of Microsoft Office?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

it's literally cuck 2.0 365, do not expose yourself

you're already contaminated

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"involuntary celibate"

It's what people within the "too pathetic to live, too pathetic to die" group call themselves.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Fat guy with really high standards.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Spatial posted:

It's not the thread quality but what was being discussed. Namely that the game seems to be a huge grind fest, and is ultimately shallow despite its size. That there are hundreds of 300+ hour negative reviews on Steam only seems to confirm that view.

It's only a grind fest if you make it a grind fest. Some players seem to be obsessed with getting to the largest ship with the most upgrades as fast as possible, using exploits here there and everywhere and grinding themselves into dust for no real reason (none of that stuff is actually needed). On the other hand I just love pootling about doing what I want in some cool spaceships and racing around planets in my SRV exploring the galaxy.

Phroztee
Oct 30, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Saudi
Sandi

Horry poo poo

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Derek's thread summaries are cool and good o9

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Drone racing is cool and good and pretty much RL pod racing.

Star Citizen: something something

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Haha holy poo poo Toast is a goon, that's amazing

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

his nibs posted:

Derek's thread summaries are cool and good o9

DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Breetai posted:

DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART

gently caress that made me laugh very loudly. :D

:five: at least :bravo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdv_6gl4gk

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-T_YBSKN0A&t=19s

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Looks good :) Nice to see it's kept it's humour too :)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheAgent posted:

moma please tell me you aren't an incel holy gently caress dude

All goons are volcel, citizens are incel.

EDIT: Except Derek, we all know you gently caress :pervert:

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 1, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

That's loving hilarious; it's also detracting from the incredibly dull combat mechanics

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

Tides of Numenera would have made sense as a quiet, indie, choose-your-own-adventure/RPG hybrid set in a strange and fascinating world. A small, indie game for a niche audience. Usurping Torment’s sacred mantle to present a barely competent CRPG with heavy interactive novel trappings that fails to elicit any sort of emotional connection with the player or give any meaningful context to his agency or interactions with the game’s world, will not be taken lightly, or forgotten any time soon, by its backers, this writer included

Lol this dude

He could have written this two years ago.