Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Looks hella rad, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I'll accept this only if they're the same Mooniniites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

"On the Moon, we all have 12 Devil Fruits. And our devil fruits allow us to play guitar perfectly every time without even trying"

Also, since the feedback to my Katakuri was so positive, I thought I'd share a few more pics of the finished product. My knee pads messed up so I had to build a last minute solution, and my makeup for my face scars ended up not working out, but overall I'm pleased with how the whole mess turned out

Bonus Big Mom and Pudding

Awesome.

I love how even though Dogtooth is the cool black-wearing badass of the bunch he still has candy stripes down his body to fit in with everyone else.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I'll accept this only if they're the same Mooniniites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

"On the Moon, we all have 12 Devil Fruits. And our devil fruits allow us to play guitar perfectly every time without even trying"

Also, since the feedback to my Katakuri was so positive, I thought I'd share a few more pics of the finished product. My knee pads messed up so I had to build a last minute solution, and my makeup for my face scars ended up not working out, but overall I'm pleased with how the whole mess turned out

This owns, great job.

Man, I should really go to a cosplay con sometime. Seems like a mix of incredibly cringy nerds and genuinely awesome people I'd like to meet. I'm down. I'd prefer cosplaying as Jotaro, though. Or Kenshiro. Gotta work out first though for the mandatory muscles.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Looks great! I like you even made sure to include the dogteeth

surprised the pudding cosplayer got to bring in a fake gun without any immediate fake-gun-colors attached

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
drat man youre kinda hunk

nice

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Excellent cosplay, rippin bod

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

rannum posted:

surprised the pudding cosplayer got to bring in a fake gun without any immediate fake-gun-colors attached

Probably helps that it's a flintlock. Technically a real weapon design, but one that no one would expect to be functional.

And drat, nice outfit.

I actually get the impression that Shanks is more likely to fake his death and go home to be a family man. But we know very little about him, his crew and his current position, so who knows how he might turn out. I get the feeling if he is a final boss or climactic battle, he'll likely call up Mihawk to join the last dance for a final duel with Zoro. Or if the Warlords do indeed get dissolved, Mihawk might go join up with Shanks' crew anyway. He could probably use the company.

I bet actually getting to Raftel is going to be only the start of it; given how little is known about it and how crazy New World islands are, exploring it is likely an arc on its own. And I bet Blackbeard is likely to be hot on their heels.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

rannum posted:

The Pudding actually had it examined by the staff, and her gun obviously wasn’t a real functional gun, so it was all good

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

This owns, great job.

Man, I should really go to a cosplay con sometime. Seems like a mix of incredibly cringy nerds and genuinely awesome people I'd like to meet. I'm down. I'd prefer cosplaying as Jotaro, though. Or Kenshiro. Gotta work out first though for the mandatory muscles.

I would recommend it. I’ve been going for 7 years now, and I always manage to have a blast. There are of course your typical unwashed creepers you’d expect, but I’ve met a ton of great and talented people over the years. And you don’t have to be in perf shape, people are overall pretty welcoming.

Thanks for all the positive words goons, I put a lot of work into this, and I was pretty proud of it!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the strawhat is too big a part of the series and luffy's character that he won't be giving it back to shanks at all, except maybe as a memento on shank's grave at the end of the series. so obviously blackbeard kills him. ezpz

OR

my boy could upgrade his hat to version 2.0 if you know what i mean.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

This is CHOICE, my good goon. :krad:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lpzie posted:

my boy could upgrade his hat to version 2.0 if you know what i mean.

The Big Hat will go to Emperor Franky, and when not in use will sit on Sunny's head.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The Big Hat will go to Emperor Franky, and when not in use will sit on Sunny's head.

It will be the crown for when the thousand sunny transforms into the mech of Luffy’s dreams.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

who needs a trident with nips that sharp

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Jose posted:

who needs a trident with nips that sharp

Hahahaha! It was cold that morning, so I guess I was using my extra Power Mochi

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I fully believe Shanks and Luffy will be a Davy Back Fight "for fun" and that's how they'll resolve it. Probably have "meaningless" rewards like meat/booze so on and so forth, with the final reward being the Straw Hat to whoever wins a straight duel between them both.

So they'll fight, but it's about Shanks testing and having fun with Luffy.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

There will be a Davy Back Fight, but it will have been between Foxy and Shanks, with Foxy taking all of the Red Hair Pirates.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

So they'll fight, but it's about Shanks testing and having fun with Luffy.
I used to think this too but the past few Shanks appearances in the manga have kinda implied he has some kind of vested stake in the world’s future and I feel like he might be the legit gatekeeper of Raftel or some-such role and isn’t a plain good a guy as we like to think he is. Also keep in mind he has Lucky Roo straight-up ice a guy in the first chapter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well as shanks himself says, they are pirates

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Can we not go down this road?

On topic: I’m curious to when we’re going to hit a stumbling block. We still don’t know Law’s actual plan is or what’s actually up with Hawkins and the other supernovas

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Can we not go down this road?

To be fair, we've already been down this road with Ivankov.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

He's right, we shouldn't be going down roads but instead sailing strips of sea.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
what video game is that weird crown meme from

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

what video game is that weird crown meme from

The Switch port of New Super Mario Bros U. Toadette is playable and has a special item that turns her into Peachette. This mildly inexplicable phenomenon unleashed the internet.

Also, shouldn't be that surprising in a thread for a franchise that has big tits genderswapped official merchandise of Law

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It was somewhat weird that Toadette would look so much like Peach with an item, so naturally someone wondered "but what if Bowser wore it?"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't believe the internet took something and made it weird

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Man this crown meme is behind the times. We’ve had Ivankof for years.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

I can't believe the internet took something and made it weird

Made it awesome.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kaido kind of is the Bowser of One Piece.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kaido kind of is the Bowser of One Piece.

it's actually Wapol

or wait, maybe Wapol is Wario

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Made it awesome.

that's not the word I would use for the bowser thing

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

I used to think this too but the past few Shanks appearances in the manga have kinda implied he has some kind of vested stake in the world’s future and I feel like he might be the legit gatekeeper of Raftel or some-such role and isn’t a plain good a guy as we like to think he is. Also keep in mind he has Lucky Roo straight-up ice a guy in the first chapter.

I think Lucky Roo killing the mountain bandit, like Kuina's death by stairs, mostly just shows that Oda hadn't settled on the implicit narrative rules regarding death in One Piece yet.

I do think that Shanks seems surprisingly invested in the status quo, though. We saw some of that when he stopped the Whitebeard War and when he warned the Elder Stars about Rocks.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 26, 2018

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

blackbeard is a fatalist, he trusts that its his destiny to become king of the pirates and so far its working out.......i think hes going to realize at the end that he has a different destiny and end up helping luffy

I can see him taking a cheap shot at Akainu before dying with a smile.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's not the word I would use for the bowser thing

It is the word that I would use.

Especially for the Boo offshoot.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also, shouldn't be that surprising in a thread for a franchise that has big tits genderswapped official merchandise of Law

... this is a thing that exists? Really?

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000102440/

iva can change peoples sex and therefore its logical and ok unlike bowsette which is just bimbofied peach who is mean in a black dress

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I feel like Shanks and his crew are probably well aware of the end-game and politics of the world and are just waiting for the right person to actually lead the new era. I can see him being pretty disconnected and nihilistic considering how many people made it to the end, know exactly what's going on, and choose to do nothing about it. Luffy is the exact kind of person who would see a lovely situation and say "That's not fun" and turn everything on it's head.

Based on Reviere and Shanks single handedly plowing through Kaido and stopping The Marines and Whitebeard Alliance from fighting, I would guess that he's a whole lot important to the story than what we know so far and if he and Luffy ever go head to head it's going to be less of two old friends sparring and more like Shanks legitimately wanting to put Luffy to a test and seeing if he'll fight to the death for what he believes in. If they fight, it's probably going to be to near death to test each other's ideals. Especially since Luffy's direct rivals are Blackbeard who wants to control the world, and Akainu who believes in absolute lawful justice as dictated by the World Government.

There HAS to be a reason why Gold Roger put his life out for a new generation and why people like Shanks, Raleigh, and Whitebeard had no real interest in rocking the boat outside of inspiring others.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

It is the word that I would use.

Especially for the Boo offshoot.

... Could you excuse me for one minute.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

drjuggalo posted:

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000102440/

iva can change peoples sex and therefore its logical and ok unlike bowsette which is just bimbofied peach who is mean in a black dress

Does make me wonder why it's Law in particular. Well, aside from the bitchin' outfit.

Kinda funny that Law blew up so much in popularity he was written into the main plot, but then again it's not too surprising. He plays off Luffy really well; they're near opposites in powers, aesthetically and personality wise, direct and cartoony force versus indirect and eerie finesse, Luffy's perpetual summer outfit vs Law's perpetual winter outfit, and so on. Gotta have the whole shonen rival thing going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Does make me wonder why it's Law in particular. Well, aside from the bitchin' outfit.

Kinda funny that Law blew up so much in popularity he was written into the main plot, but then again it's not too surprising. He plays off Luffy really well; they're near opposites in powers, aesthetically and personality wise, direct and cartoony force versus indirect and eerie finesse, Luffy's perpetual summer outfit vs Law's perpetual winter outfit, and so on. Gotta have the whole shonen rival thing going on.

I mean there's one for Luffy as well.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...mAT1TrwwUBVqc5h

Julias fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 26, 2018