Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Wait, you mean that Neil Young has been a contemptible Neanderthal feebly clawing at relevance for so long that they made a movie about it? In 1980?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Neil Young is loving awesome.

vvvv you're absolutely right, the Russian title makes it even better.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 26, 2014

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Tim Whatley posted:

The Rocky IV poster is on sale right on http://www.skuzzles.com/. Limited to 150. Also a Russian variant. I bought the poo poo out of one (regular).
awesome Rocky IV poster, and possibly more awesome Russian variant, are both sold out.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Chewy Bitems posted:

awesome Rocky IV poster, and possibly more awesome Russian variant, are both sold out.

Hooray for artificial scarcity 'limited editions'!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pokkn' (Nippls) 4

I hope the poster for the actual new Rocky film is as good (where Rocky trains the son of Apollo Creed).

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The MSJ posted:

I hope the poster for the actual new Rocky film is as good (where Rocky trains the son of Apollo Creed).

what

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haha my boss is on this campaign. He's currently trying to retitle it. I'm getting out just in time to avoid this thing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

Haha my boss is on this campaign. He's currently trying to retitle it. I'm getting out just in time to avoid this thing.

Is it because "Creed" sounds too much like the band?

Edit: How about "The Chronicles of Rocky: Creed"? Then we can do other spinoffs, like "Robot".

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 27, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Halloween Jack posted:

Wait, you mean that Neil Young has been a contemptible Neanderthal feebly clawing at relevance for so long that they made a movie about it? In 1980?

Snore

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

The MSJ posted:

Is it because "Creed" sounds too much like the band?

Edit: How about "The Chronicles of Rocky: Creed"? Then we can do other spinoffs, like "Robot".

I want this for no other reason than it can lead to "The Chronicles of Rocky: Bullwinkle".

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Is the Russian version of rocky IV edited to show Drago beating rocky to death, rightfully winning him the match and turning all watching Americas in that their capitalist system is weak and flawed converting them instantly into honest hard working communists.

because if so, would watch.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

dr_rat posted:

Is the Russian version of rocky IV edited to show Drago beating rocky to death, rightfully winning him the match and turning all watching Americas in that their capitalist system is weak and flawed converting them instantly into honest hard working communists.

because if so, would watch.

No, it's the same movie. In high school (late 90's) we had a Russian exchange student. I poo poo you not, our first question to him was "When you watched Rocky 4, did you root for Rocky or Drago?" He said everyone cheers for Rocky.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

No, it's the same movie. In high school (late 90's) we had a Russian exchange student. I poo poo you not, our first question to him was "When you watched Rocky 4, did you root for Rocky or Drago?" He said everyone cheers for Rocky.

:(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jose Oquendo posted:

But Drago is the hero of Rocky 4?!

Guy just wants to box.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Thanks, Hitler.

Thitler.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That's a spoiler right there.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

GENE-HACKMAN IS ABOUT TO
E • X • P • L • O • D • E

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

Pokkn' (Nippls) 4

Rocky trains Creed's teenage son in the sweet science. Coming Summer 2015: Apollo 13

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Apparently this spent over two years on the shelf after being finished because it was so bad, and this was at the start of MGM's death spiral. Have a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzrjMbBdBo&t=9m56s

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Reindeer Games be damned, John Frankenheimer loving owns.

You know what, gently caress that. Reindeer Games could've been a good movie if Affleck didn't open-mouth breathe his way through the lead role.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Robert Denby posted:

Apparently this spent over two years on the shelf after being finished because it was so bad, and this was at the start of MGM's death spiral. Have a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzrjMbBdBo&t=9m56s

Let's not pretend that there's much in this video that would inspire confidence outside of 2001, Point Blank and maybe Where Eagles Dare.

I've seen a good number of these movies. Legend of Lylah Claire is, like, a hallmark of garbage.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Noxville posted:

Hooray for artificial scarcity 'limited editions'!

Can't be printing any more of those off. We might end up making more money!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Sheldrake posted:

Let's not pretend that there's much in this video that would inspire confidence outside of 2001, Point Blank and maybe Where Eagles Dare.

Ice Station Zebra :colbert:

Dr. Puppykicker
Oct 16, 2012

Meanwhile

Robert Denby posted:

Oh my god this whole thing is a proclick

LIONPOWER

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

ruddiger posted:

Reindeer Games be damned, John Frankenheimer loving owns.

You know what, gently caress that. Reindeer Games could've been a good movie if Affleck didn't open-mouth breathe his way through the lead role.

Frankenheimer's got such an odd career. You've got groundbreaking classics like Manchurian Candidate, Grand Prix, Seconds or Ronin and then utter poo poo like Reindeer Games and The Island of Dr. Moreau (what the gently caress was that.)

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Cacator posted:

Frankenheimer's got such an odd career. You've got groundbreaking classics like Manchurian Candidate, Grand Prix, Seconds or Ronin and then utter poo poo like Reindeer Games and The Island of Dr. Moreau (what the gently caress was that.)

He basically became a director-for-hire at that point. Moreau was him stepping in last minute for Richard Stanley (Or later than last minute really, since Stanley was booted during production). Reindeer Games has bigger issues than Affleck, but Frankenheimer directed the poo poo out of it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Bill Sienkiewicz is one of my favorite artists, and some posters he did for European releases of some movies are gorgeous . Too bad the American poster versions were done by somebody else... (Click on pic to see Sienkiewicz's art, linked because one has :nws: illustrated side boob).

Highway to Hell

Afraid of the Dark

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

My friends and I admired the VHS cover for The Boogens for years before we finally rented it. Trust me, the best part of that movie is whatever they put on the posters.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Some posters for The Guest:

That tagline really sends the wrong vibe for the movie, I think.

Making Dan Stevens look like a loving zombie, what an atrocity. Not to mention how garish the whole thing looks.

All pretty uninspired. Not many fan posters exist, which is surprising considering the movie's fancy neon colors and charming male lead.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Making Dan Stevens look like a loving zombie, what an atrocity. Not to mention how garish the whole thing looks.

Milo Ventimiglia?!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Milo Ventimiglia?!

Does not look like Stallone, mouth too symmetrical.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

What is with all the title fonts for The Guest looking like they came straight out of a 1982 slasher flick?

e: Hell, I dunno, I never heard of it, maybe it IS a 1982 slasher flick

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Allen Wren posted:

What is with all the title fonts for The Guest looking like they came straight out of a 1982 slasher flick?

Exactly

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Allen Wren posted:

Yeah it gives off 80s vibes like crazy. The soundtrack is mostly retro synth stuff.

The Guest ruled. Watch The Guest.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Was this ever used anywhere but Sundance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I don't know but it's the best poster I've seen for that movie.