Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Chicago will be grand. Go to that one. And Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
From 2005, so you don't have to:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TheDK posted:

Chicago will be grand. Go to that one. And Toronto.

Yes, do Chicago.

Good Listener posted:

I plan to try to get to TFCon too in the fall though. Chicago is only 5 hours from here so!

I love Americans and their different attitude to distances. :allears: I'm driving from Orlando to Baton Rouge next week, and that's about a 9 hour drive. The Americans are all 'oh cool, that'll be fun." My Brits are all "bloody hell, that's forever."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I love Americans and their different attitude to distances. :allears: I'm driving from Orlando to Baton Rouge next week, and that's about a 9 hour drive. The Americans are all 'oh cool, that'll be fun." My Brits are all "bloody hell, that's forever."

I have a friend who owns one-hundred and seventy-eight acres of land.

Can you fathom how friggin big that is? Especially when most Brits who own homes end up with something roughly the size of a postage stamp.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
New MtMtE is out...

Cyclonus isn't dead

Other things happen, but goddamnit, that shouldn't have happened

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
The Holiday special comic is loving hilarious, and you owe yourself to pick it up.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Unknownone posted:

The Holiday special comic is loving hilarious, and you owe yourself to pick it up.

yes, yes it is

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

The_Doctor posted:

The classic line is that for an American 100 years is a long time and for a Brit 100 miles is a long way.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I wanted to go to Chicago but didn't get the chance. Maybe I will next year.

I haven't been to Toronto in a couple years, either. I can only do one though.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

New MtMtE is out...

Cyclonus isn't dead

What a surprise!

The Taint Reaper posted:

You're close, apparently they're wanting to start a kickstarter because Hasbro's Legal Department stole their dream out from under them. And they think that any Hasbro sanctioned convention just wont be the real deal because it would be run by soulless corporate suits and not ~real fans~ like FunPub.

They're already in talks with third parties to get ~~~EXCLUSIVE~~~TOYS!!!!~~~~

Maybe you're just taint reaping, but if this is true then that's hilarious and super hypocritical. :lol:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

New MtMtE is out...

Cyclonus isn't dead

I feel like Roberts has been to the regular character appears to die at the end of the issue only to be not as dead as we thought well a little too often. It had punch when it was Rung and Rewind, but I half expected this anyway, because Transformers have been frequently shown to be hella tough and the universe/writer conspires to keep them alive if they're lovable. Not Pipes though apparently. Pipes stays dead. I just wish Roberts would start plotting these nondeaths for the middle of the issue, or straight up avoiding them, cause it's become a bit cheap and the comic is better than that.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Phy posted:

I feel like Roberts has been to the regular character appears to die at the end of the issue only to be not as dead as we thought well a little too often. It had punch when it was Rung and Rewind, but I half expected this anyway, because Transformers have been frequently shown to be hella tough and the universe/writer conspires to keep them alive if they're lovable. Not Pipes though apparently. Pipes stays dead. I just wish Roberts would start plotting these nondeaths for the middle of the issue, or straight up avoiding them, cause it's become a bit cheap and the comic is better than that.

I was bitching about this a few months ago. This has happened so many times in the comic that I probably can't list them all.

Rung got his head blown off but got better.
Red Alert ripped his own head off.
Swerve blew his face off for comedic effect, and disappeared from reality once.
Ultra Magnus "died", but Minimus Ambus had a smaller robot inside.
Rodimus lost half his head, but it turned out to be from an alternate timeline.
Rewind died, but we got the one from said alternate timeline back.
I think Brainstorm "died" too but I can't even remember how.
And I've probably forgotten some.

It's really a terrible crutch and it makes me check out of the storyline because there aren't any stakes. It's become like a Marvel or DC cape book, but instead of taking a couple years for them to return, Roberts tends to bring them back the very next issue. And the sliding timescale and lack of any lasting change or stakes is why I stopped reading superhero comics. I no longer care who lives and who dies, because in MTMTE, death has become meaningless. I think the only characters who haven't come back from "death" are Pipes and Trailbreaker, and they were pretty unimportant.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Having done a good portion of that drive, you're probably more right than wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
To be fair, Rodimus never lost half his head, they just found his quantum double's corpse.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I can't believe I forgot about Trailbreaker. He had a one-shot and everything.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was bitching about this a few months ago. This has happened so many times in the comic that I probably can't list them all.

Rung got his head blown off but got better.
Red Alert ripped his own head off.
Swerve blew his face off for comedic effect, and disappeared from reality once.
Ultra Magnus "died", but Minimus Ambus had a smaller robot inside.
Rodimus lost half his head, but it turned out to be from an alternate timeline.
Rewind died, but we got the one from said alternate timeline back.
I think Brainstorm "died" too but I can't even remember how.
And I've probably forgotten some.

It's really a terrible crutch and it makes me check out of the storyline because there aren't any stakes. It's become like a Marvel or DC cape book, but instead of taking a couple years for them to return, Roberts tends to bring them back the very next issue. And the sliding timescale and lack of any lasting change or stakes is why I stopped reading superhero comics. I no longer care who lives and who dies, because in MTMTE, death has become meaningless. I think the only characters who haven't come back from "death" are Pipes and Trailbreaker, and they were pretty unimportant.

Brainstorm became part of the dead universe way back when and cured himself, so he was never really dead

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

To be fair, Rodimus never lost half his head, they just found his quantum double's corpse.

Yeah, but we thought he was going to die in the future. Like it was his dead future self.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MTMTE felt jerky and fillery to me this week, bleh

Is this book ending or just dragging because he got stuck on #50 being the big deal before the cross over they're probably doing this summer?

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wanted to go to Chicago but didn't get the chance. Maybe I will next year.

I haven't been to Toronto in a couple years, either. I can only do one though.
You do realize the Canadian dollar is a loving joke at the moment, right? You should absolutely be planning to go to Toronto, the trip will be insanely cheap. Also Xenomrph said he might go and probably gets a discount on the room, which is already like $75 USD a night or something ridiculous anyway. I think hamster needs a roommate, and he's not using 2015's filthy newfie again.

I'm hoping to do both this year but if the dollar falls much further it will be a grim procession.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, but we thought he was going to die in the future. Like it was his dead future self.

I don't think anyone actually thought it was going to com to pass.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As long as Bumblebee stays dead, they can revive whoever else they want in my book. :colbert:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Sentinel Red posted:

As long as Bumblebee stays dead, they can revive whoever else they want in my book. :colbert:

I'm pretty sure he didn't actually die.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
We did see alternate universe Brainstorm dead from the DJD which is how Nautica and Nightbeat found out his secret. Though we saw about everyone dead there...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Good Listener posted:

We did see alternate universe Brainstorm dead from the DJD which is how Nautica and Nightbeat found out his secret. Though we saw about everyone dead there...

Does never having existed in the first place and having the universe correct itself count as staying dead?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Anora posted:

Revolver, did you get those caramels things in the package, they should have been wrapped and in a ziplock?

I just want to see the brand name of them posted on an internet forum, where I have given an internet present to another. wink. wink.

My secret santa also got me these lovely candies.

The name and shape make me a bit cautious to try them but I'm sure they're good.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Does never having existed in the first place and having the universe correct itself count as staying dead?

Sure. Dead from time and space itself, why not?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

Don't you plunge into the ocean if you drive nine hours in England?

[quote="Revolver Bunker" post="454177732"

[/quote]

:heysexy:

Real talk though: had my package been stolen or had the delivery truck caught on fire and then rolled into the ocean, I would have been the second most sad about those going missing just for the overall joke.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Anora posted:

I think you just end up where you started, or maybe Scotland.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Anora posted:

No, we have roundabouts for that sort of thing. Just go round, and round, and round.

Found one roundabout in america this year - no one but me knew what to do with the poor thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ Roundsbouts are a regional thing. There's one town in Indiana that completely replaced all traffic lights with roundabouts.

What about the Chunnel? I hear there's a Chunnel.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
That Christmas comic special is real fun haha. I like the Prime style artwork even though I've never watched it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I feel like if this fit it should be the thread title.

Revolver Bunker posted:

My secret santa also got me these lovely candies.

The name and shape make me a bit cautious to try them but I'm sure they're good.
Goetzes caramel creams are great, your SS has good taste

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

/\/\/\ Roundsbouts are a regional thing. There's one town in Indiana that completely replaced all traffic lights with roundabouts.

What about the Chunnel? I hear there's a Chunnel.

Don't spoil my only exposure to the USA being roundabout scaredy auto-driving maniacs.

The chunnel is south and connects us to the french. We don't speak about that.

Also should we recognise most of the new bots in MTMTE? I see a few G2 things I had as a kid in the first scene.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
RID Magnus will FINALLY be here tomorrow. Just in time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Unknownone posted:

Found one roundabout in america this year - no one but me knew what to do with the poor thing.

there are three right next to me. I hate the drat things.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The words will make you out 'n' out

You change the day your way

Call it morning driving through the sound and in and out the valley

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The music, dance and sing, they make the children really ring

I spend the day your way

Call it morning driving through the sound and in and out the valley

In and around the lake

Mountains come out of the sky, and they stand there

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

One mile over we'll be there and we'll see you

Ten true summers we'll be there and laughing, too

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

RID Magnus will FINALLY be here tomorrow. Just in time.

I looked at mine today and his tires literally split before my eyes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Tighclops posted:

I looked at mine today and his tires literally split before my eyes.

This one's still sealed in box. And tires can be replaced, and my RID Prime's tires are in tip-top shape.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorWhat posted:

And tires can be replaced,

With...what, exactly? Would you end up combing the toy vehicles at retail stores with a ruler, trying to find a match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I mean there are junkers and I'm sure some kind soul will make replacements sometime in the next few years, even hard-plastic ones if rubber isn't possible. It's 2016. We're due our homages and recognition, we RID2001 kids.