Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Watching Realm of Fear. Did they use this exact same graphic before? Because I remember commenting on how it looked like supergiant Sol being absorbed by the green sun or whatever in Homestuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Is that my man BARCLAY

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Yesssss, this is a great episode.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol Barclay is Barclayer than ever

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Does he have a transporter phobia or just general anxiety

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

O'Brien: "I'm reading a fluctuation in the energy stream! Oh... no problem."
*A gallon of sweat falls off Barclay's forehead*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This is exactly how I'd be the first time I used a transporter tbh

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Was plexing a thing in the 90s or was it invented by Star Trek. Both seem equally likely

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Does he have a transporter phobia or just general anxiety

Little of column A, little of column B

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Was plexing a thing in the 90s or was it invented by Star Trek. Both seem equally likely

I honestly have no idea. I had never heard of it before seeing this episode, though.

E: After googling, apparently that term is specific to Star Trek, but there's a thing called the "Emotional Freedom Technique" that utilizes pressure point tapping. It's mostly nonsense.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

And apparently the other ship's problem was caused by an explosion at the transport chamber. I wonder how Barclay'll react if he hears about it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That specific thing, Trek invented, but watch Troi closely in future episodes.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Whoa, first person view of transporting

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
This is the first episode of Star Trek to confirm souls exist and it is also the last (because the transporter is a Xerox in every other episode)

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Watching Realm of Fear. Did they use this exact same graphic before?

Yeah, at least once before, in Evolution for sure. The episode with the old guy from Scrubs.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

What the gently caress

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Barclay: "Commande,r has anything strange ever happened to you during transport?"
Geordi: *Thinks about the time he was trapped on another plane of existence for days where someone tried to kill him and he watched his own funeral* "No, not really"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

🤔

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Transportation is metaphor for air travel in every way this episode, from the phobias to the counter-intuitive high safety to seeing monsters during and no one believes you

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Aw christ why's the weird space crap always happen to Barclay

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol watching him go through all the symptoms of Transporter Madness convincing himself he has them

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Even I'm getting anxious watching Barclay

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wish he'd stop being such an idjite and see Dr. Crusher. I understand why he doesn't but god, it's like wanting character to be smarter in a horror movie. Frustrating

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

He called all the regulars to a meeting and he's sticking to his guns :unsmith:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Who needs Dr Crusher when you have voice-interactive WebMD.

Also, WebMD never turned anyone into a spider as far as I know

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Barclay's dead. He d-- nevermind

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

They're asking Barclay to risk his life just to fix their transporter

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The creatures in transporterspace are scary as hell

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
The senior staff are just assholes, really.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Aw Barclay's a goddamn hero

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Haha the end with the tarantula. That was a great episode. Thanks whoever recommended it.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Haha the end with the tarantula. That was a great episode. Thanks whoever recommended it.
You're welcome...maybe! I don't quite remember!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Who needs Dr Crusher when you have voice-interactive WebMD.

Also, WebMD never turned anyone into a spider as far as I know

TNG predicted Dr.Google.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Weird Star Trek dream last night. Was beamed aboard DS9 somehow and explaining to them I was from a universe where this was a fictional show. I was being debriefed on my self, my knowledge of Starfleet history and events by Sisko and Jadzia Dax to determine what I know, and what I had to be sworn to secrecy on, where my skills may be useful in the station, etcetera.

When talking about First Contact I mentioned the crew of the Enterprise E stopping a Borg invasion and ensuring Dr Zephram Cochrane succeeded in first contact then I saw this look on their face and suddenly realized these events hadn't happened yet, I started panicking and saying "Oh poo poo I hosed up" and they were trying to get me to calm down, I ran out of Sisko's office and woke up.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Suddenly, an officer from the 29th century steps out from behind a bulkhead. "You and I need to have a chat about the temporal prime directive."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brawnfire posted:

Suddenly, an officer from the 29th century steps out from behind a bulkhead. "You and I need to have a chat about the temporal prime directive."

I point at him and say "Oh poo poo you're the time officer who gets killed in the Delta quadrant in three years from now while trying to get a message to Voyager to stop evil 20th century Bill Gates from using your tech!"

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Weird Star Trek dream last night. Was beamed aboard DS9 somehow and explaining to them I was from a universe where this was a fictional show. I was being debriefed on my self, my knowledge of Starfleet history and events by Sisko and Jadzia Dax to determine what I know, and what I had to be sworn to secrecy on, where my skills may be useful in the station, etcetera.

This is almost the exact opposite of Far Beyond the Stars.

Would watch spinoff.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I point at him and say "Oh poo poo you're the time officer who gets killed in the Delta quadrant in three years from now while trying to get a message to Voyager to stop evil 20th century Bill Gates from using your tech!"

"'Bill Gates'? Oh, poo poo, you're from the mirror dimension!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would head straight for the holosuite, program a Star Wars scenario and sell it to Quark for %10 rental fees plus first right of refusal on future projects (he negotiated down to this from my initial ask of %50).

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Al Borland Corp. posted:

When talking about First Contact I mentioned the crew of the Enterprise E stopping a Borg invasion and ensuring Dr Zephram Cochrane succeeded in first contact then I saw this look on their face and suddenly realized these events hadn't happened yet, I started panicking and saying "Oh poo poo I hosed up" and they were trying to get me to calm down, I ran out of Sisko's office and woke up.

I never had any dreams where Star Trek is real because unfortunately I don't really have very fantastical dreams. However one time I dreamt I met Avery Brooks shopping in a general store in some touristy place.

I did actually manage to meet LeVar Burton and Brent Spiner at a con earlier this year so that's the first time I ever met any Star Trek people and that was cool. They also had Ric Flair and Justin Roiland at that con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I only dream about video games because I'm not sad enough to dream about star trek