Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Arglebargle III posted:

I don't see a problem with people who buy gun permits being violently murdered in their homes.

Oh you're so edgy. Maybe you and popular thug drink should get a room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mavric posted:

war is peace
freedom is slavery
ignorance is strength
guns bring life

The gun is good, the gun shoots death.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Pauline Kael posted:

Oh you're so edgy. Maybe you and popular thug drink should get a room

You know what would be edgy? If I bought a weapon to kill people with. I'm posting on the Internet.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Arglebargle III posted:

The gun is good, the gun shoots death.

Guys like you and Tezzor, I think I've figured you out. You're outcasts, shunned by society, and any groups that your might otherwise belong. You latched onto this issue because of the obvious camaraderie between most typical gunhavers leaves you feeling even more isolated so you convince yourself that you're morally superior to them, sort of like you do with people who are married, physically fit, financially solvent, not sadbrained and so on. Sorry things are so bad for you, maybe you should consider joining an evangelical church, they're pretty accepting.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Parts Kit posted:

No, their purpose is to prevent hearing damage, which is a common problem in older target shooters and hunters, by decreasing the sound of a gunshot from "immediately causes hearing damage" to "long term exposure will cause hearing damage" levels. Additionally insisting that people who hunt always wear hearing protection in the woods is absurd on its face since in such a situation hearing protection also has the effect of making it more difficult to tell what is going on, which is not good when multiple hunters are in an area.

Here, let's take a look at the advertised figures on a commercial suppressor.
http://silencerco.com/products/omega/

While they didn't specify, 300blk is generally used with subsonic ammo when used with a suppressor. The other two are generally supersonic, and as such louder. Even in the greatest dampening situation where the measured sound level was reduced to 119.5 dB the sound level is greater than that of a emergency vehicle siren. The other two come in at slightly under the level of an air raid siren. That's loud as gently caress either way.

Since you have zero experience, context, or knowledge with these situations you are not qualified in any way to judge what is legitimate.

I'm used to gun otaku spazzing out about the inane minutiae of their collectibles but I think this is the first time one has done so without actually disputing a thing I posted. "The purpose of suppressors is to make gunshots quieter." "Nuh uh!! It's to reduce hearing damage (by making gunshots quieter)"

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

PCOS Bill posted:

gently caress if she should have had a chance to even the odds though!

Maybe she should've gotta a gun without a permit then. :smug:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

-Troika- posted:

PCOS Bill was literally posting as though he was George Zimmerman and none of you noticed and all of you took him seriously :cawg:

He wasn't posting as a gimmick. These are his actual beliefs which he has been posting consistently and without exception for months. They are beliefs that are bog-standard and completely unexceptional amongst gun nuts, to whom George Zimmerman is a hero. Please address the claim that you got into guns because you wanted one you saw in an anime.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Arglebargle III posted:

You know what would be edgy? If I bought a weapon to kill people with. I'm posting on the Internet.

Yeah but that would require you get up from your cum encrusted workstation and find your sweatpants and crocs and by then it'll be Tuesday

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

He wasn't posting as a gimmick. These are his actual beliefs which he has been posting consistently and without exception for months. Please address the claim that you got into guns because you wanted one you saw in an anime.

Says the guy who thinks we should ban alcohol because it doesn't pass the strict utility scrutiny as recognized by Tezzor and other like minded autists

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

punakone posted:

Tezzor, about silencers still, I'd like to offer you an explanation why theyre good and you can evaluate my reasoning then.

I posted earlier that I have suffered a bit of loss of hearing from when I was in the army, but I like to hunt and I think its fun to see how accurate I am with the rifle, especially because for hunting I need as clean shots as possible to not cause suffering for the animal. So, when I am at the range, even with earpro, the stall amplifies the sound a bit due to echo, so with a silencer I can make it even better for my ears, than just with earpro. And during hunting, I cant really wear earpro because I need to hear the animals, the dog and other hunters, stuff like that.

Now, obvious answer might probably be to stop doing those, but I like game meat and its far cheaper to hunt it than to buy it.

The point is, that silencers have a demonstrable use for safety.

i would have a far lesser problem with suppressors if in order to obtain a firearm in the first place in this country you had to go through all the checks required to get one in your country.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

He wasn't posting as a gimmick. These are his actual beliefs which he has been posting consistently and without exception for months. They are beliefs that are bog-standard and completely unexceptional amongst gun nuts, to whom George Zimmerman is a hero. Please address the claim that you got into guns because you wanted one you saw in an anime.

George Zimmerman is an rear end in a top hat who was put in a bad situation due to caring about his neighborhood and made a hard call. You are a little pissant who has no stake in the world so I can understand you not "getting" caring about your neighborhood.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

Not life altering:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit/

Carol Bowne knew her best shot at defending herself from a violent ex was a gun, and not a piece of paper. And it was paperwork that left her unprotected when Michael Eitel showed up at her New Jersey home last week and stabbed her to death, say Second Amendment advocates, who charge local police routinely sit on firearms applications they are supposed to rule on within 30 days.

Bowne, 39, had a restraining order against Eitel when he killed her in her driveway last Wednesday, but she was still waiting for Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check to approve the gun permit she had applied for on April 21. Tragically, she had gone to the township police department just two days before her death to check on the status of her languishing application. In another indication of her fear of Eitel, Bowne had recently installed surveillance cameras around her home, and the equipment recorded the 45-year-old ex-con attacking her as she arrived home and got out of her car.

“She should have been granted that permit in a timely matter, especially given her status as a domestic violence victim,” said Evan Nappen, a New Jersey-based attorney who specializes in Second Amendment cases.

On the other hand

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

George Zimmerman is an rear end in a top hat who was put in a bad situation due to caring about his neighborhood and made a hard call. You are a little pissant who has no stake in the world so I can understand you not "getting" caring about your neighborhood.

Reminder number 2 that this ignorant, vicious and worthless pile of puke is less racist and more reasonable than the average gun nut, and that their cruelty, stupidity and malevolence is a germane consideration when considering the idea to disarm and/or piss all over them.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Pauline Kael posted:

Says the guy who thinks we should ban alcohol because it doesn't pass the strict utility scrutiny as recognized by Tezzor and other like minded autists

I do not want to ban alcohol.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

PCOS Bill posted:

His moms neighborhood. No bank on the planet is loaning Tezzor enough to buy a home, and his, uh, under the table work at Adult World isn't that lucrative.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Tezzor posted:

On the other hand

(Not pictured: larger column including number of times a gun was used for self-defense without killing anyone)

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PCOS Bill posted:

George Zimmerman is an rear end in a top hat who was put in a bad situation due to caring about his neighborhood and made a hard call.

Not sure passive voice is appropriate given that he was actively stalking and harassing the kid of his own volition.

Against the advice of emergency operators.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

I do not want to ban alcohol.

Then you've changed your position since the last gun thread. Also, seems inconsistent given Alcohol's impact on society.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pauline Kael posted:

His moms neighborhood. No bank on the planet is loaning Tezzor enough to buy a home, and his, uh, under the table work at Adult World isn't that lucrative.

That is what I was saying.

Gravel Gravy posted:

Not sure passive voice is appropriate given that he was actively stalking and harassing the kid of his own volition.

Against the advice of emergency operators.

He was attacked as he returned to his vehicle. By someone who had already made it home and then decided to go back out to confront someone who was walking back to their vehicle after investigating a stranger in the neighborhood who was acting suspicious.

various cheeses posted:

(Not pictured: larger column including number of times a gun was used for self-defense without killing anyone)

Guns only count when they get a body.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

George Zimmerman: Saint or Satan? Gunthread decides.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PCOS Bill posted:

He was attacked as he returned to his vehicle. By someone who had already made it home and then decided to go back out to confront someone who was walking back to their vehicle after investigating a stranger in the neighborhood who was acting suspicious.

Personally I don't find someone spending their money wherever they see fit but I suppose that's just where we differ.

If only Mr. Martin had a gun.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

Personally I don't find someone spending their money wherever they see fit but I suppose that's just where we differ.

what

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Pauline Kael posted:

Guys like you and Tezzor, I think I've figured you out. You're outcasts, shunned by society, and any groups that your might otherwise belong. You latched onto this issue because of the obvious camaraderie between most typical gunhavers leaves you feeling even more isolated so you convince yourself that you're morally superior to them, sort of like you do with people who are married, physically fit, financially solvent, not sadbrained and so on. Sorry things are so bad for you, maybe you should consider joining an evangelical church, they're pretty accepting.

Which side do you think he's on?

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
What was suspicious about a black kid walking home through his own neighborhood? I thought gun owners weren't the racist ones.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

quote:

Martin, a Miami native, was visiting his father in Sanford and watching the NBA All-Star game at a house in a gated Sanford community, the Retreat at Twin Lakes. That evening, Martin walked out to the nearby 7-Eleven to get some Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea. On his return trip, he drew the attention of Zimmerman, who was patrolling the neighborhood in a sport-utility vehicle and called 911 to report "a real suspicious guy."

"This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something," Zimmerman told the dispatcher. "It's raining, and he's just walking around looking about." The man tried to explain where he was. "Now he's coming towards me. He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male...Something's wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands. I don't know what his deal is...These assholes, they always get away."

After discussing his location with the dispatcher, Zimmerman exclaimed, "poo poo, he's running," and the following sounds suggest he left his vehicle to run after Martin.

"Are you following him?" the dispatcher asked. Zimmerman replied: "Yep."

"Okay, we don't need you to do that," the dispatcher warned.

Several minutes later, according to other callers to 911 in the neighborhood, Zimmerman and Martin got into a wrestling match on the ground. One of the pair could be heard screaming for help. Then a single shot rang out, and Martin lay dead.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

The wrong side.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

various cheeses posted:

The wrong side.

I got this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Arglebargle III posted:

Tezzor is his own side, but yeah he lost a lot of weight since that pic so well done. It's a good first step.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Tezzor posted:

i would have a far lesser problem with suppressors if in order to obtain a firearm in the first place in this country you had to go through all the checks required to get one in your country.

Understood, thats reasonable by my books.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mavric posted:

What was suspicious about a black kid walking home through his own neighborhood? I thought gun owners weren't the racist ones.

Zimmerman saw someone he didn't know walking through his gated community and investigated, that isn't racist, that's proactive.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Pauline Kael posted:

Tezzor is his own side, but yeah he lost a lot of weight since that pic so well done. It's a good first step.

This is a disappointing post.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PCOS Bill posted:

Zimmerman saw someone he didn't know walking through his gated community and investigated, that isn't racist, that's proactive.

Given that it was night time I doubt he would have recognized much of anyone. Must be a busy job if he has to stop everyone he sees until sunrise.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

Given that it was night time I doubt he would have recognized much of anyone. Must be a busy job if he has to stop everyone he sees until sunrise.

Weird, I can recognize most people in my neighborhood at night, maybe you're just racist assuming everyone looks the same.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Arglebargle III posted:

This is a disappointing post.

Yikes I've gone and disappointed arglebagel I guess I better get my affairs in order

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
You said he was acting suspicious, in what way? Was it because he was walking black like?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Well that's a new one for me. Also you specifically said they were for hiding gunshots and have no legitimate use, dipshit.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PCOS Bill posted:

Weird, I can recognize most people in my neighborhood at night, maybe you're just racist assuming everyone looks the same.

You're the one saying a random kid carrying consumer goods was being suspicious like.

Gunthread II: No, you!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Parts Kit posted:

Well that's a new one for me. Also you specifically said they were for hiding gunshots and have no legitimate use, dipshit.

In his twisted reality, there are no legitimate uses for a gun, let alone anything associated with them.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

PCOS Bill posted:

Right Bill, remember to your typical suburban goon, outside of TV they only see minorities when they have to go downtown to get their fibro meds refilled, so yeah anyone darker than David Bowie might as well all be twins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah, he saw someone he didn't recognize because the person he saw was black and Zimmerman is a racist: Is that difficult to understand?

• Locked thread