Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Lotus Aura posted:

104th platinum down and filling in the E slot (for now?) on the alphaplat is Evoland, a frankly terrible duology who's main gimmick wore out its welcome halfway through the first game and somehow got worse in the second. At least the first one was mostly focused whereas the second one seemed so half-baked with its approximately 1000 different gameplay ideas and none of them fully realised or even frankly feeling finished? The grind to level 30 takes way too long normally so it effectively requires you deal with the terrible beat em up controls where pressing one button makes you jump and either do a spin kick, do a tornado thing thats somehow weaker, do a regular attack or do nothing completely arbitrarily and with no rhyme or reason to it.

It's only an Uncommon too so its only worth 2 points putting me at 67/130. I'll move onto something more fun and enjoyable in-between Balatro grinds now.

That puts you tied with me. Not to make me look any better, but this is the first time we've had two people with the same score, and my plan was always to list first to post the score as the higher in the list. Simply because something had to be used to decide the order so first come, first served and all that. As always, the real competition is ourself.

Current Alphaplat Leaderboard:

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 95/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 79/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 67/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130
Referee - 19/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

My current trophy/gaming goals are a mixed bag.

Helldivers 2. I was playing this obsessively recently, and it's rare these days that a game grabs me by the jaffas and doesn't let go so I embrace the feeling when it happens. Not played much recently, but dove in today and randomly got one of the three remaining trophies. I just need to get 5 super-rare samples and I can get one of the last duo, and then it's a 6 minute level 6 mission (which is the hardest trophy in the game). Waiting for the next major order, but really want to get this plat put to bed so I can just login for a bit now and then for funsies. No alphaplat boost from this one.

Fallout 76 is the current obsession that took over from Helldivers, and thanks to Paying2Lurk I got the “interaction with other players” trophies done so it's just a steady journey towards 100% through normal gameplay. Will be a trek though, game big. So satisfying still though.

Assassin's Creed Black Flag is 2 trophies off plat. Still logging and hoping someone will play the assassinate mode. Actually had 3 people in the lobby this morning for that mode, and it only takes 4 for a match. Literally never seen anyone in there before. I’m level 13, and need to grind to 55, but that's all soloable apart from that one (1) match needed in that game mode. I should try and force myself to do one solo wolfpack match a day to gradually work on the grind and move on. So close, but so far from done.

Assassin's Creed II PS4 replay is about 60% done. I'll likely get all the Florence feathers at some point this week, then it's just forcing through Venice where the game starts to outstay its welcome. I have all the AC games up to Origins installed right now, and I'm wanting to get the whole series done. Dipped into Brotherhood and Revelations and ACIII just long enough to earn a trophy so my dancecard is marked. Might do the same with Rogue, Unity, and Syndicate for the set, just so when I'm looking at PSNP there's an “oh yeah, need to get on with those” pressure.

Dave the Diver I started the other day when my internet was too sketchy for FO76. Should be a fun and easy one to mark off, so long as I get back in before the next shiny thing distracts me. I'm such a gadfly gamer, I so respect those of you who manage to stick with one or two games to completion before moving on because I loving wish that was me.

I also have a dozen hours into the PS4 port of FF7. A game I started on PSOne (mostly on Vita) 4 separate times, before always getting distracted after leaving midgard about… huh, 12 hours in. I'm playing with a guide so I don’t miss any trophies, but it's so hard as right now I don't have a TV so I'm using the PSVR2 headset as a cinema screen and checking the laptop for the guide is… well, it makes me want to avoid any games which need a guide.

Yoku's Island Adventure I stalled on precisely because I need a guide (or at the very least a map) to really get cleaned up on. Lovely game, great rec from this thread, and a Y I desperately need for my Alphaplat. Really need to get it out of the VR headset though, and remote play to my iPad just won't really cut it on my shared network.

Finally, I'm only one trophy away from the plat on Spider-Man, which I'll easily get during the last 1.5 dlc packs I have to finish. I just can't bring myself to play it more through, it's such a chore now I actively despise that game. I'll just bite the bullet at some point as it's the least amount of work needed to finish a game I can delete and free up dozens of GB of disk space. I just… ugh, it's something I just want to be over with. I'll absolutely be saving the NG+/spectacular difficulty combo run trophies for much later. I'm not ready to go through that sorry excuse of a story again any time soon.

I did also restart Battlestar Galactica Deadlock again, having not played for so long I needed a fresh start. I should get back into that before I lose my place again.

Aaaaanyway, those are my short term completion goals. I should be starting a new job next Monday and it has a lengthy bus commute and a full lunch hour so I might throw a Vita game into the mix. Gravity Rush needs finally finishing and it's a G that will boost my score in addition to being seriously overdue unfinished business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
New week, new trashy plats -

#383, 31st completed game of 2024: Dimcom
#384, 32nd completed game of 2024: Flappy Eros

A couple more 9 cent platinums that only take minutes to get. Dimcom was a little confusing at first because it doesn't tell you the controls anywhere in the game. But once you figure them out it's easy enough. Flappy Eros is a flappy bird game, that's it. Two more fillers on the road to 400.

Okay, back to Fallout 76.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Parkingtigers, note the beforeiplay for AC 3 in particular- it’s a bear to 100%.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Discendo Vox posted:

Parkingtigers, note the beforeiplay for AC 3 in particular- it’s a bear to 100%.

Oh I will. Never start any game without a ”what bullshit do I need to look out for?” guide to trophies these days. I think the bullshit that made me wary forever was Red Dead Redemption back when I was on 360. A secret achievement that required you to go twenty missions without changing your hitched horse. Nothing wrong with that, but it was a secret achievement so if you didn’t potentially spoil yourself by looking through the hiddens then you could, as I did, roll credits and discover you need another half playthough just for that nonsense. I've been bitter and untrusting ever since.

Something about this replay of AC2 (my 3rd in total, plus a 25% run in 2019 which got me enough trophies to decide to make it a full replay) is that I think 90% of people's appreciation for the series is based upon fond memories of this game. AC1 was a deeply flawed yet technically impressive proof of concept with a boring AF protagonist. Then AC2 has the incredibly charming Ezio, incredible Renaissance Italian setting, and a solid ”you killed (some of) my family revenge plot. Venice drags on a bit but overall it's a mostly brilliant and surprisingly bullshit free experience.

Brotherhood is where the series starts going wrong, introducing multiplayer which is unique and interesting but a hellish trophy grind for us types. Even in singleplayer it's when they added the 100% sync stuff which makes completion runs so much more annoying. Revelations is more of the same and the point where they're already churning the games out faster than they can be comfortably enjoyed (by me at least).

Then you had AC3 which consensus seems to regard as a low point and full of bullshit busywork. I only played the intro at launch (too many games, and an AC backlog) and liked playing as Haytham though felt overpowered just running up to a patrol of 10 British soldiers and murdering them all in open combat. I did plat AC Liberation on Vita at that time which was a *miserable* experience.

AC4 has all the ship stuff, and pirates, but is still bogged down by MP trophies, stealth missions in my pirate game, and modern day stuff where instead of yo ho ho-ing my way through an adventure I'm in a corporate office hacking a computer. WHY?

There's that weird period when AC games are not sure where to go next, so it's map icon vomit and closing the gap to modern day, before going full RPG looter style and making the games twice (or more) as long while also removing the “how do I get up there?” climbing route puzzles.

Yet why do I want to persist with these series that I love/hate? I swear, it's those memories of good times playing AC2 where it all just hit right and the glimpses of what future games could be, coupled with flashes of what these games used to be, means I do need to see them all. There's now 14(?) mainline games of these including Liberation. That's too many games, in far too short a time period, but I've come full circle now where instead of nopeing out of the series for them being too much, I now need (need I say) to play them all and follow that design and storytelling process through the PS360 to PS4 era. It's now a journey through time both in and out of the game. It's self abuse on many levels, but 2007 - 2020 also happens to coincide directly with a specific period in my life, and AC1 to Valhalla covering that period means I get to work my way through that too. Mirage onwards I don't care about, I can stop there and draw a line under it.

I'd say this need is a sickness, but this is the trophy thread and we're all broken people here.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Despite the formulaic nature of it, I still really enjoy the AC games. I haven't played Mirage yet but will soon. Valhalla was the last game I got all the achievements for on xbox before swapping mostly to ps5. I'm one of the weirdos who wishes they'd go harder on being historically accurate and was irritated how hard they whitewashed the vikings.

I got the achievements for most of them (excluding rogue and the london one, including the 2d stealth spin offs) on xbox. Well, not the MP trophies, other than Unity since you can do them SP. AC3 got a bad wrap and I liked running around the wilderness; it was also the last game where the meta story was relevant at all.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I was able to kick my AC completion habit by learning about the habits of Ubisoft executives.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I actually have three platinums today:

First Reed and Reed 2 for ps Vita. Thanks for mentioning this Paying2Lurk, that's some ratalakia games I haven't finished.

I also finished Carrion, a great short little metroidvania game in which you are the horrible movie monster.

This is plat #660-#662

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Ineffiable posted:

First Reed and Reed 2 for ps Vita. Thanks for mentioning this Paying2Lurk, that's some ratalakia games I haven't finished.

One of the Reeds has a PS5 version, too and it's currently like a buck and some change in the new sale. Ask me how I know. :madmax:

But speaking of Vita, this is another dogsitting weekend for me. So no PS5 but I'm taking my Vita and Switch Lite. Maybe this is the weekend I finally finish Lone Survivor and get another UR on the board. Buuut, I'll probably just play the new Contra DLC for Vampire Survivors.

Didn't have as much extra money as I thought I would this month so no Dualsense Edge or Portal yet, but I was still able to pick up Pac Man Chomp Champs and Crow Country. Plus Animal Well from Extra so lots of new games to get trophies in. The plats for Animal Well and Crow Country don't seem that bad, but I'll probably never get 50 wins in Pac-Man. I managed like 5 on the first day, just like Fall Guys, but now everyone will get better or quit and wins will get tougher.

I also realized I bought the Zombies Ate My Neighbors / Ghoul Patrol remaster at some point. And it's Ultra Rare at that. I'd much rather play that than Zombi for a good Z game. Probably start on that next week as well.

I'm coming for those top spots! ...Eventually...after I'm done with Fallout 76, and the new Diablo 4 season, and all these new games...but THEN, look out! Oh, and after the new FFXIV expansion, and Elden Ring DLC...but then, oh brother, it's ON.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Plat Fallout 4 PS5! Took me ~45 hours total. Not much to say about this one that isn't already known? It's Fallout!

Max happiness in a settlement is a pain, but there's a single-settler strategy that worked well and went pretty quickly. Grinding up to level 50 took a while, that was my last trophy and I couldn't get the infinite xp glitch to work - maybe it's been patched? I considered doing a method where you build a ton of cages to catch raiders and then kill them all at once and keep repeating that, but I figured I'd rather just work through some of the DLC, get those trophies, and save scum idiot savant procs for the exp multiplier.

Also, for those who aren't up to date - if you claimed Fallout 4 through the PS Plus Collection from the early PS5 days, they changed it so you're eligible for the free PS5 upgrade.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Finally finished the story in FF7 Rebirth. Eight of the 61 trophies remain after 121 hours.

I may come back to this after spending some time in a different game as a palate cleanser, as it’s a sub-10% plat on PSNProfiles as I type this. I just need a little time out of the action RPG stuff for a bit.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got the platinum in Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon. The game asked me if I wanted to play roguelite mode or puzzle mode and I figured the latter was easy mode so I picked the first one, only to find the game was ball-bustingly hard. I swapped it to puzzle mode, which gives infinite lives, and that was still hard! Because there's a delay on dying and the board can still fill up. So it's really only +1 or +2 lives. On top of that, you need to get the true ending (think killing heart in slay the spire) for every character to get the plat! I eked out a win with plague knight relatively early then kept losing until I suddenly "got it" and one with King Knight without dying once (meaning the harder difficulty was fine). Then I almost never lost again. I guess it just needed to click.

Cool game. Made me want to pick up regular Shovel Knight again. I got all the achievements for the base game and DLC on xbox already and it's by far my highest true achievements game.

Shortly afterward, I got the plat in Expeditions: a Mudrunner Game. This is a big one...3% psn completion rate so a 5 pointer for my alphaplat score. It's not nearly as good as Snowrunner. It's repetitive and Arizona gets tedious fast. But it's still fun to drive around. If it had more regions like the Carpathians, I would've enjoyed it more, but at the end of the day, scouting is not as fun as hauling.

My previous E was 3, so +2 to my score for a total of 81.

Axiom Verge 2 - 5
Biomutant - 4
Cyber Shadow - 4
Disgaea 5 - 4
Expeditions: A Mudrunner Game - 5
Furi - 5
Ghosts and Goblins Resurrection - 4
Honkai Star Rail - 3
Inscryption - 4
Jusant - 2
Kingdom of Amalur: Rereckoning - 4
Lies of P - 2
Mortal Shell - 4
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl - 3
Odin Sphere - 2...SHOULD be a 5 for olliolliworld
PixelJunk Monsters 2 - 3
Q - 0
Returnal - 3
Snowrunner - 4
Transistor - 4
Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi - 2
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - 3
Wildmender - 4
X - 0
Ys VIII - 3
Z - 0

Total = 81

(the studio who makes olliolli just got closed amidst all these mass studio closures so I'm never getting that plat....)

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Nice.

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 95/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 81/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 67/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130
Referee - 19/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

Meanwhile I finally got my missing game mode in Black Flag MP so that motivated me to grind another 10 levels. Halfway to 55 now. New job looks ok so treated myself to a TV to celebrate so all the games are easier to play now.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Working my way towards an Elex plat. Not too bad, though I'm not a fan of how the game gates almost all the fun stuff behind joining a faction (which I'm putting off until pretty much the end of the game to avoid doing three playthroughs). Want magic? Cool tech? Mind powers? Faction. I wish you could get a taste of the stuff, but if you want the powerful faction-specific stuff, you need to join.

Anyway, anything I should maybe keep in mind as I do this?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just dropping off another batch of platinums

#664: Venba - short but interesting little indie game about cooking and immigrants in Canada.

#665: Apollo Justice Ace Attorney Trilogy (this one has been mostly done for a while but I was saving it if I needed a quick plat during a slow period but I went ahead and got it. Game rules but it's technically three game so it's a very long plat to do

#666: Metal: Hellsinger:rock:

#667: Stellar Blade: really great game, feels like a mash of sekiro and nier.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I like getting platinum in the games i play. Especially in games i like.

Currently trying to 100% destiny 2. Platinumed it way back. B never got around to the dlc trophies.
Also playing rune factory 4 now. A relaxing farming game.
Last game i platinumed was FF7 rebirth. Man, it was pretty tough. Hard mode was no joke.
I joined the truetrophies leaderboard.

The alphaplat challenge sounds fun

A Attack on titan [eu} 5 -4,83%
B BlazBlue: Centralfiction 5 -3,18%
C Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 4 - 8,03%
D Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4) 5 -2,92%
E Elden Ring 2 -38,44%
F Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (ps4) 5 -4,05%
G Granblue Fantasy Versus 4 -8,35%
H Hunter's Arena: Legends 5 -1,92%
I Injustice 2 5 -1,9%
J Jump Force 5 - 2,61%
K Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories 5 -4,76%
L LittleBigPlanet 5- 2,8%
M Monster Hunter World 5 -4,64%
N Need for Speed: Most Wanted 4 -5,45%
O Overwatch 2. 5 -1,81%
P Persona 4: Arena 5 -0,39%
R Rayman Legends 5 -3,93%
S SoulCalibur V 5 -2,68%
T The King of Fighters XIII 5 -0,97%
U Until Dawn 3 -16,4%
V VA-11 Hall-A 2 -31,63%
W Worms Battlegrounds 5 -1%
Y YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World. 2 -38,83%
Z Zero Escape: The Nonary Games 2 39,19%

Total: 103
https://psnprofiles.com/Sisselyn

I think i mathed that out correctly.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
God drat. Straight in at the top of the chart AND as the first goon to break triple digits. And this without even having a full 26 game alphaplat list. That's an unnecessary flex. A gaming god walks amongst us.

Sefal - 103/130 NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET
Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 95/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 81/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 67/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130
Referee - 19/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah well, I also have a new plat to report!

...it's Stop10. :eng99:

The last of the 9 cent plats I picked up in the previous sale. You press a button to stop numbers on the screen when they add up to 10. That's it, that's the game. 33rd game of 2024 completed, platinum trophy #385. Just 15 away from 400!

I did NOT play any Lone Survivor over the weekend, but I did play some Woah Dave! Weird little arcade throwback that was a PS Plus game in like 2015 or so. It's simple and repetitive, but also kinda fun...for a while anyway. It's also hard as hell. I got all the easy trophies done but hit a wall after collecting 200 coins. There's trophies for collecting 300, 400, 500, and 1000 that I'll probably never get. There's a video of someone getting them all in 20 minutes on YouTube but lordy, I know I don't have those reflexes any more. I downloaded the PS4 version to see if it's easier with a controller, but I don't expect to do much better.

I am also totally burned out on Fallout 76 again. Seems like two weeks is my grindy game limit. So, taking another break from that, which should open up some gaming hours for other things. Hoping tomorrow's Diablo IV update fixes the trophies in that. I also picked up the PS5 versions of Reed Remastered and Dungeon Adventure since they're cheap in the current sale. So I'll knock those out this week, plus play more Animal Well, and start on Crow Country. I'm also enjoying Pac-Man Chomp Champs but don't expect to ever get the platinum in that.

Congrats to Sefal! Getting me motivated to take on those ultra rare games. Maybe I'll finally, actually, for real this time, hook up the PS3 and get started on XCom this week.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Now I am feeling bad about being on the bottom half of this bracket. So I went and looked at all my games again to see if they have dropped in rarity. And one did, so I get to add a point. I have several others sitting at 20%, just waiting to dip down to 19...

My totals now:

A - Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (3)
B - Bloodborne (2)
C - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Rondo of Blood (3)
D - Disco Elysium (5)
E - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (3)
F - Final Fantasy XV (2)
G - Gravity Rush (3)
H - Hypnospace Outlaw (2)
I - IQ: Intelligent Qube (2)
J - Jak and Daxter (2)
K - Kentucky Route Zero (2)
L - Life is Strange (PS3) (2)
M - MLB The Show 20 (4)
N - Night Trap (4)
O - The Order 1886 (2)
P - The Playroom VR (4)
Q -
R - Rez Infinite (5)
S - Sea of Stars (2)
T - Tearaway (Vita) (2)
U - Uncharted 4 (4)
V - Virginia (1)
W - The Wild at Heart (2)
X -
Y - Yakuza 6 (3)
Z -

Total: 64!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Always frustrating when some games are *so close* to being a different rarity level. I have a related issue in that I have several games I intend to plat (eventually, because backlog) which are ultra rares. Thing is, so few people have played them let alone platted them that by completing them I'll actually ruin the % so much that they'll not be ultra rares any more. I think that's why I pushed those games further down the backlog for now, because the combo of grind and self sabotage makes it grimly lolworthy.

Sefal - 103/130
Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 95/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 81/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 67/130
GoutPatrol - 64/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130
Referee - 19/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Plat #68, Animal Well. :toot:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
And a nice surprise plat to add - Diablo IV (PS5). Platinum trophy #386, 34th game complete of 2024. 14 games away from 400.

They finally fixed the bugged auto-unlock trophies! My PS5 version is finally complete.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
I’d like to play Diablo IV. But I can’t justify getting the game and having to pay for PS Plus on top of it. I don’t play online enough even when I had Plus to justify it. But just for curiosity’s sake, how much of a pain was getting the PS4 plat since that’s what you did first?

Besides… *gestures at backlog* …I should probably look to clear some more letters at some point.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i know this thread is playstation-dominant, but diablo 4 is included with gamepass if you wanna play it on pc or xbox

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

flatluigi posted:

i know this thread is playstation-dominant, but diablo 4 is included with gamepass if you wanna play it on pc or xbox

That would also require me to not have a semi-baked potato for a PC. :smith: A very low-end i5 is not going to run that I’m afraid.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

ShadowedFlames posted:

I’d like to play Diablo IV. But I can’t justify getting the game and having to pay for PS Plus on top of it. I don’t play online enough even when I had Plus to justify it. But just for curiosity’s sake, how much of a pain was getting the PS4 plat since that’s what you did first?

Besides… *gestures at backlog* …I should probably look to clear some more letters at some point.

I think you can play D4 without PS Plus, you're just locked out of PvP and World Bosses. Maybe some other stuff. The only thing that was a pain with the plat was killing Uber Lilith, but that should be easier now. All the other grindy stuff is pretty easy now as well.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Paying2Lurk posted:

I think you can play D4 without PS Plus, you're just locked out of PvP and World Bosses. Maybe some other stuff. The only thing that was a pain with the plat was killing Uber Lilith, but that should be easier now. All the other grindy stuff is pretty easy now as well.

Well. No Plus required is news to me. I’ll need to look some more into that as a long term thing.

Right now, though, is Live A Live.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I have a really bad habit of not beating games, in part cause I often borrow (or back in the day rented) games and I kinda want to work on that.

Got 14 platinums out of 420 games played.

How does the alphaplat thing work?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

A Sometimes Food posted:

Sign up at PSN Profiles. Choose your best game for each letter of the alphabet. Articles can be used/ignore as you wish. I have The Witcher 3 as my W, our leaderboard topper has The King of Fighters as their T. Things like The Division come under T because it's Tom Clancy's The Division.

Using PSN Profiles stats:

Ultra rare <5% 5 points
Very rare 5% - 10% 4 points
Rare 10% - 20% 3 points
Uncommon 20% - 50% 2 points
Common 50% - 100% 1 point
No entry 0 points

Total it up for a score out of 130 and I'll add you to the leaderboard. It's all just for fun.

edit: Dr E, might be worth adding this to OP at this point to save answering it individually every time.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Thanks Parkingtigers.

My profile.

A-
B- Bloodborne 21% (2)
C-
D- Dragon Age Inquisition 6% (4)
E- Elden Ring 38% (2)
F- Final Fantasy XV 24% (2)
G- Ghost of Tsushima 37% (2)
H- Horizon Zero Dawn 27% (2)
I-
J-
K-
L-
M-
N- Nioh 2 19% (3)
O-
P-
Q-
R-
S- Subnautica 26% (2)
T-
U-
V-
W- The Witcher 3 7% (4)
X-
Y-
Z-

Total 23 points

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I started to figure out my retro achievements alphaplat score and 5 of the 6 games I checked have had revisions. These people are monsters.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

welcome posted:

I started to figure out my retro achievements alphaplat score and 5 of the 6 games I checked have had revisions. These people are monsters.

I was gonna ask how we handled other achievement sources like Steam, but man retroachievements seems like the only reasonable thing would be to snapshot the list when you start and go off that. Since lists can change or even disappear like with the Radical Red romhack I was playing through last year.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

I have a really bad habit of not beating games, in part cause I often borrow (or back in the day rented) games and I kinda want to work on that.

Got 14 platinums out of 420 games played.

Going for platinums is an excellent way to ensure you finish your games. Most of the time they're very definitive finish points, but going for every platinum in every game you own/played is not always sane.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

A Sometimes Food posted:

I was gonna ask how we handled other achievement sources like Steam, but man retroachievements seems like the only reasonable thing would be to snapshot the list when you start and go off that. Since lists can change or even disappear like with the Radical Red romhack I was playing through last year.

I would up going with (my rarest achievement / total number of players) for anything I have a badge for. Surprised that Super Mario World was still worth 5 points, and also I don't even have half of the alphabet lol, need to diversify from Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest badges. Where's the Athena set already.

AlphaBadge (RA profile)
"*"ed games have "DLC" that I didn't play.

A
B
C Castlevania* 12.32% (3)
D Destiny of an Emperor 2.6% (5)
E Earthbound* 4.4% (5)
F Final Fantasy VI 2.7% (5)
G
H
I
J
K King's Quest V 6.13% (4)
L Legend of Zelda 2.2% (5)
M Maniac Mansion 15.8% (3)
N
O Out of this World 23.2% (2)
P Parasite Eve 5.8% (4)
Q
R
S Super Mario World* 4.7% (5)
T
U Ultima: Exodus* 7.7% (4)
V
W Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord 18.18% (3)
X
Y
Z

#1 with a bullet at 48 points until anyone else enters.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake

Parkingtigers posted:

If you've got some completions on Steam that would fulfil all the plat requirements, I don't think anyone would object to looking up the PSNP % and using that number to fill out the list. There's no other way to merge platforms, as we need some metric to judge the difficulty against and PSNP is what we've gone for. A bit of manual lookup to see what the equivalent would be is the only way to do it. This is all on the honour system anyway, nobody is going to check your homework. If the Steam cheevos match the PS trophy lists (or exceed them) then feel free to claim the equivalent plat % I say.

I finally found some free time this morning to take you up on this. I cross referenced my 100% achievements on Xbox and Steam with their PSNP rarities. I removed any game that didn't have a platinum on PS and removed any games that didn't have the exact same lists. I defaulted to using the newest platforms (PS5 > PS4 > PS3) when their were multiple options because that's what I would have played on if I was PlayStation only. The only real judgement call was considering the Steam version of Skyrim: Special Edition as analogous to the PS5 version of Skyrim. They have exactly the same lists and were "released" at the same time. I think that covers everything.

My new list:

MULTIPLATFORM
A - Assassin's Creed: Valhalla [3] [Xbox]
B - Beasts of Maravilla Island [1] [Xbox]
C - Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition [3] [PS]
D - DC Universe Online [4] [Xbox]
E - Elder Scrolls V, The: Skyrim Special Edition (Analogous to PS5 Edition) [3] [Steam]
F - Forgotten City, The [2] [Steam]
G - Grand Theft Auto III [3] [Xbox]
H - Hot Wheels Unleashed [4] [Xbox]
I - Immortals Fenyx Rising [2] [Xbox]
J - Jumping Flash! [1] [PS]
K - Kentucky Route Zero [2] [Xbox]
L - Last Case of Benedict Fox, The [2] [Xbox]
M - My Friend Peppa Pig [1] [Xbox]
N - Nobody Saves the World [3] [Xbox]
O - Omori [3] [Xbox]
P - Persona 5 Royal [2] [PS]
R - Rubber Bandits [4] [Xbox]
S - Shenmue [2] [PS]
T - Torment: Tides of Numenra [5] [Xbox]
U - Undertale [2] (43.5%) [Xbox]
W - When the Past Was Around [1] [Xbox]

Total Points = 53

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Have added new (and amended) players A Something Food and everwake. I'm totally cool with how everwake has compiled a “PSN equivalent list” because I feel this should be as stupid and inclusive as possible. Adding “MP” next to to it for “multiplatform” just in case someone wants to take this more seriously than me. (But c'mon, don't take this more seriously than me.)

Not adding welcome's RA score because that's a super hardcore subgenre of achievement hunting that terrifies me. Clearly you're in a class of your own and I'm thankful I'm too busy to get drawn into that particular rabbithole.

Sefal - 103/130
Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 95/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 81/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 67/130
GoutPatrol - 64/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
everwake (MP) - 53/130 Now multiplatform
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130
A Sometimes Food - 23/130 NEW CHALLENGER
Referee - 19/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130
The Postman - 12/130

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 15, 2024

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Hell, if I went MP I’d only gain one point, and that’s by swapping FF15 out for FFXIII-2. (I got the max 1000 points on the XB360 version.)

Think I’ll just stick to PS for that, lol.

Also…yeah, RA is a huge rabbit hole to go down. I’ve actually abandoned a Suikoden 1 run because somewhere I lost a character and couldn’t get the “recruit all 108 character” trophy, and now I’m hesitant to take my Odin anywhere I’m not connected to the internet because while I may want to play those older SNES JRPGs, part of my brain cries “but you’re missing trophies!”

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Parkingtigers posted:

edit: Dr E, might be worth adding this to OP at this point to save answering it individually every time.

Done!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Well. No Plus required is news to me. I’ll need to look some more into that as a long term thing.

Looked at the trophies again, and there's at least 1, maybe 2, that would require PS Plus:

Master Combatant - Get 5 PvP Kills
Worldly Slayer - Kill any World Boss

You definitely need PS Plus to get the PvP kills. There are two PvP zones, and if you don't have PS Plus no one else shows up there. I'm not sure if the World Bosses still show up without Plus or not. You can eventually get strong enough to solo any of them, but it's much easier with other people.

Everything else is solo-able. It's still an online-only game, but Plus isn't needed for like 90% of it.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
To clarify, I am not a new player. You have my name on the leaderboards twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

everwake posted:

To clarify, I am not a new player. You have my name on the leaderboards twice.

3rd day of new job, and a bitch is tired. Updated the list properly and edited last post to reflect the changes.