Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Abu Dhabi actually.
Close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3br0tDqW3r8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Powershift posted:

But it runs a 12.5 second quarter mile, pulls 0.95 Gs on a skidpad, numbers almost identical to the BMW M2.

It's also comfy as fuuuuuck.

I'm glad we live via excel spreadsheets.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Powershift posted:

Now back to stuff that's actually terrible.

$1 says that the gold "U A E" letters on the back, are actually 24k gold.

That being said, it's awesome.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Powershift posted:

Now back to stuff that's actually terrible.

Unironically better than that poo poo Mercedes.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Hey if wider wheels are good for handling, then double the wheels should be even better, right? Also grip because TORQUE.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Hey if wider wheels are good for handling, then double the wheels should be even better, right? Also grip because TORQUE.

The guy probably owns a double wheeled Silverado.

actually scratch out probably and make it Definitely.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I can't help but wonder what it does to the light pattern.

http://www.skullspiration.com/skull-headlight-covers/

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Uthor posted:

I can't help but wonder what it does to the light pattern.

http://www.skullspiration.com/skull-headlight-covers/

wrong as gently caress thread.

especially on the right car dont give a gently caress

5 year old me says its awesome and so it is.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I mean, I like it in that photo. I just want to know what it does to the light beam!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I'm a fan of the barbed wire grille.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I like the other skull visible in the background, apparently mounted above the other headlight?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's a hood ornament.

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM

Code Jockey posted:

Good lord I cannot imagine having a BAC of .4 or .5 let alone 1% :stare:

I've been "pinballing off the walls laughing to myself at the absurdity of life" drunk a few times, and I'm curious just how bad my BAC was. Do those little personal breathalyzers work reasonably well? Might be fun to get one for next time I get that drunk, to see what I'm at.

[god I hope I don't get that drunk again, or if I do, it's somewhere with a nice comfy, clean bathroom floor]

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

e:fb

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I laughed so wrong thread IMO. :v:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

That wheel simply wants to ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:golfclap:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Not :mediocre:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I dont know where this belongs. Maybe the other thread. Surprisingly well done bed liner and the club.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cakefool posted:

I have questionable taste but I can't find it in me to like this.

Longer, heavier and less practical? Sign me the gently caress up.

I just can't bring myself to hate this.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

:fyh: the car?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Oh that is awful. You just know the owner is a massive twat.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

What are those dots over the headlights?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sequin eyelashes, bro

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Naaaaahhh all I can think about is him leaving a car show and some kid running out in front of it. A slow speed bump turns into a trip to the hospital.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dave Inc. posted:

Naaaaahhh all I can think about is him leaving a car show and some kid running out in front of it. A slow speed bump turns into a trip to the hospital.

This is why I rounded all the edges on my Bricklin!*

*I don't actually own a Bricklin.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Dave Inc. posted:

Because a kid getting hit by any other car leaving a parking lot is just gonna be "walk it off son, stop being a baby"?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

This is why it would be completely illegal in the UK, unless it's rubber or something. No sharp edges allowed anywhere on the vehicle (yes, the edges of rust holes count).

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

Linedance posted:

Because a kid getting hit by any other car leaving a parking lot is just gonna be "walk it off son, stop being a baby"?

I hit a guy on a bike once. Kinda. I was trying to make a right on red, checked both ways and I couldn't see beyond the car to my left. As I pulled up two feet to the white line, I hear a thump and see a guy fly over the hood of my car. He yelled he was ok, got back on his bike, flipped over the handlebars when his bent wheel got hung up on the brakes. I tried to help him up, but he just screamed at me, grabbed his bike and ran off.

Totally surreal experience. That's hopefully the only time I'll ever hit a pedestrian/bicyclist. Ever. I felt so bad.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

davebo posted:

Doesn't some goon's wife have this and doesn't even like driving fast, just wanted to get poo poo mileage puttering around town in the most expensive Mercedes she could get?

Yeah it's probably that goon defending it because of the "nice interior" and the fast quarter mile time.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

th vwls hv scpd posted:

I hit a guy on a bike once. Kinda. I was trying to make a right on red, checked both ways and I couldn't see beyond the car to my left. As I pulled up two feet to the white line, I hear a thump and see a guy fly over the hood of my car. He yelled he was ok, got back on his bike, flipped over the handlebars when his bent wheel got hung up on the brakes. I tried to help him up, but he just screamed at me, grabbed his bike and ran off.

Totally surreal experience. That's hopefully the only time I'll ever hit a pedestrian/bicyclist. Ever. I felt so bad.

he deserved it. feel no remorse.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

PromethiumX posted:

he deserved it. feel no remorse.

Why?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

He was on a bike.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

And riding in a crosswalk or sidewalk, which is illegal in most areas.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
I still felt bad. I think he was hauling rear end down the sidewalk though. I didn't see him on the street and that intersection has a crosswalk, but I was still behind the white line. I ruined his bike and he probably hurt like hell the next day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's why the stop line is set back so far, you're supposed to bring the car to a halt at that point and if you need visibility to take a right, you creep forward slowly until you can see it's clear.

But literally everyone on the planet ignores the stop line and flings their land yachts over the crosswalk blocking everyone's sight lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

xzzy posted:

That's why the stop line is set back so far, you're supposed to bring the car to a halt at that point and if you need visibility to take a right, you creep forward slowly until you can see it's clear.

But literally everyone on the planet ignores the stop line and flings their land yachts over the crosswalk blocking everyone's sight lines.

You must not live in socal. Everyone here stops at least a car length, sometimes two, behind the loving line.

Which is awesome when it's a single magnetic sensor and they are nowhere near it.