Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rubby posted:

HELLO FRIENDS

Since my unemployment runs out tomorrow and nobody at any level of government has talked about extending it COVID MUST WELL AND TRULY BE OVER!!

If you want to celebrate labor day with a capitalism - buy shirt here: :siren::siren::siren:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/open-biden/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front&color=black:siren::siren::siren:

It is also available as a Greeting card! or a ....zip pouch ...I don't know why, that's super loving weird BUT IT MAKES AN INCREDIBLE GIFT FOR THE BRUNCH LIB IN YOUR LIFE to acknowledge and celebrate that COVID IS OVER

I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED to GET BACK OUT THERE secure in the knowledge that there is not a much more transmissible variant floating about and that our miracle vaccines will SAVE THE DAY no this is NOT me having a mental break PRAISE BE TO OPEN BIDEN

Damnit, now all my shirts are CSPAM, cat, or Ghoul Summer themed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
just make psychic fungi spore that seize control of your nervous system through your lungs endemic to our human population at an acceptable loss margin for the number to go up no biggie
\
:coffeepal:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

nice

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ForeignAffairs/status/1434080376209747968?s=20

FOREVER VIRUS

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
https://twitter.com/JenAshleyWright/status/1434275377711562764?s=20

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

remember when there used to be grandparents

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

silicone thrills posted:

I cant stop laughing at this. It's like precut for the eventual documentary

https://twitter.com/accnetwork/status/1433916233599143944?s=20

GIMME FOMITES, GIMME PFIZER
GIMME BIG OL' BOUNCY TITERS, OOH!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chicago loves tempting fate
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1433980261109276672?s=20

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ham Cheeks posted:

GIMME FOMITES, GIMME PFIZER
GIMME BIG OL' BOUNCY TITERS, OOH!

I wanted to go to the strip club at least one more time before I die

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrington_Declaration

quote:

The Great Barrington Declaration is a statement advocating an alternative approach to the COVID-19 pandemic which involves "Focused Protection" of those most at risk and seeks to avoid or minimize the societal harm of the COVID-19 lockdowns. Authored by Sunetra Gupta of the University of Oxford, Jay Bhattacharya of Stanford University, and Martin Kulldorff of Harvard University, it was drafted at the American Institute for Economic Research in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, and signed there on 4 October 2020.

ENHANCE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9098411/Troubled-path-approval-Oxfords-vaccine-professors-jab-make-MILLIONS.html

quote:

Britain today approved the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine, paving the way for millions to receive the jab within weeks and offering hope that the UK could be 'out' of the coronavirus crisis by the spring.

Oxford professors Sarah Gilbert and Adrian Hill - who helped develop the jab - stand to make millions of pounds through start-up Vaccitech, which created the experimental shot alongside experts at the university's Jenner Institute.

Vaccitech is a private firm which owns intellectual property used in the vaccine's development. They together own about 10 per cent of the Oxford-based company, which will benefit both from royalties from the vaccine and 'milestone' payments.

quote:

Her colleague Professor Hill, 62, married Sunetra Gupta, 55, a professor of theoretical epidemiology at Oxford, in 1994.

She hit the headlines earlier this year for calling for herd immunity to fight the pandemic, saying that lockdowns were a bad idea.

Literally the wife of the guy who has ownership of the AstraZeneca vaccine patent

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby
Thanks for the responses, i'm well chuffed! It is proper lucky that covid is over otherwise I will sure look like a prick going out in this! In bright cyan as well!

Epic High Five posted:

could I get this in a cloth face mask

OH BOY CAN YOU

Not only a cloth face mask but an ULTRA PREMIUM cloth face mask!!!

psst just pay no attention to the fine print Note: This mask is NOT intended for medical or healthcare workers, and should not be confused with N95 respirators or other personal protective equipment (PPE). No warranties, either express or implied, are being made that these face masks prevent infection or the transmission of viruses or diseases.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Let's just keep saying "it's endemic" and then "like cold and flu" instead of other previously-endemic diseases with similarly awful long term population outcomes like hookworm or polio that the government eventually dedicated the time and money to eradicate.

And of course "it'll be endemic" (in five years) (after millions more deaths) is a useful red herring in itself.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

great!

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Rubby bought your shirt.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Rubby posted:

HELLO FRIENDS

Since my unemployment runs out tomorrow and nobody at any level of government has talked about extending it COVID MUST WELL AND TRULY BE OVER!!

If you want to celebrate labor day with a capitalism - buy shirt here: :siren::siren::siren:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/open-biden/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front&color=black:siren::siren::siren:

It is also available as a Greeting card! or a ....zip pouch ...I don't know why, that's super loving weird BUT IT MAKES AN INCREDIBLE GIFT FOR THE BRUNCH LIB IN YOUR LIFE to acknowledge and celebrate that COVID IS OVER

I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED to GET BACK OUT THERE secure in the knowledge that there is not a much more transmissible variant floating about and that our miracle vaccines will SAVE THE DAY no this is NOT me having a mental break PRAISE BE TO OPEN BIDEN

that was me yesterday but evergreens right below tree line instead of palm trees on a beach lol

hammock and tarp--highly recommended for when society falls apart further and we have to go live in the woods

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it's not endemic, it's an epidemic

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

LMAO hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha holy gently caress. I knew the Great Barrington Declaration was poo poo but I did not know that

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Stereotype posted:

reported for doom posting

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chamale posted:

LMAO hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha holy gently caress. I knew the Great Barrington Declaration was poo poo but I did not know that

local neighborhood woman discovers one weird trick to make millions

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Thanks, Petey! POWECOM disappoints w/ 90% filtration.

Iron Crowned posted:

Damnit, now all my shirts are CSPAM, cat, or Ghoul Summer themed.

I have a couple from goon Rory Blank, including a Blood Cult shirt that advocates cutting off your dick. Really just putting together a collection of shirts that make people think I’m crazy enough that they’ll gently caress off.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the third rear end in a top hat who authored the Great Barrington Declaration along with Martin Kulldorff and Sunetra Gupta:

https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/status/1434184730790989824

https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/status/1434010331093811202

https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/status/1433878210723319811

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Stereotype posted:

epidemic, endemic

its been en epic pandemic

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Has anyone in the UK tried to get a 3rd shot?
I think they actually take records here so it might be harder but Otoh a lot of our institutions are basically just for show and not real so that may be fake

I don't need one now but in 6 months...

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

a proud boy leader, Tiny, was shot today in Olympia Washington

oops

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

very weird how the guy keeps winding up on the streets with full gear and firearms despite being on like 9,000 probations and court orders to stay away from these confrontations

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Milosh posted:

thanks goons.

we shall get max titered and try again.

Took us four years and finally happened in the middle of a loving pandemic. poo poo sucks and makes you feel like a failure who ruined it and helpless at the same time. Hang in there, I can’t say it will get better because everything with trying to have a kid is devestating. But hopefully it gets better for you.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Bullfrog posted:

a proud boy leader, Tiny, was shot today in Olympia Washington

oops

haha I posted the video in the cool zone thread but I didn't think about the fact that he's going to be waiting a while because of COVID

I love when two threads come together to own CHUDS

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Communist Thoughts posted:

Has anyone in the UK tried to get a 3rd shot?
I think they actually take records here so it might be harder but Otoh a lot of our institutions are basically just for show and not real so that may be fake

I don't need one now but in 6 months...

Not yet (only just got my 2nd last month) but I'm tempted to go to a drop in clinic and make up something about having moved house recently/not being on a GP register. GP practice seems to be how they make the lists so that might be enough of a kludge to get them to shrug their shoulders and wave you through. Particularly if you say you were last registered in Scotland/Northern Ireland (delete as appropriate) ten years ago because gently caress if they'll have records of that.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Thoguh posted:

America has completely surrendered to COVID.

We fought it? :thunk:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
we successfully spread democracy to covid

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the Astrazenca vaccine was also the one Bill Gates convinced Oxford not to make public domain
https://khn.org/news/rather-than-give-away-its-covid-vaccine-oxford-makes-a-deal-with-drugmaker/

quote:

Oxford University surprised and pleased advocates of overhauling the vaccine business in April by promising to donate the rights to its promising coronavirus vaccine to any drugmaker.

The idea was to provide medicines preventing or treating COVID-19 at a low cost or free of charge, the British university said. That made sense to people seeking change. The coronavirus was raging. Many agreed that traditional vaccine development, characterized by long lead times, manufacturing monopolies and weak investment, was broken.

“We actually thought they were going to do that,” James Love, director of Knowledge Ecology International, a nonprofit that works to expand access to medical technology, said of Oxford’s pledge. “Why wouldn’t people agree to let everyone have access to the best vaccines possible?”

A few weeks later, Oxford—urged on by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation—reversed course. It signed an exclusive vaccine deal with AstraZeneca that gave the pharmaceutical giant sole rights and no guarantee of low prices—with the less-publicized potential for Oxford to eventually make millions from the deal and win plenty of prestige.

Other companies working on coronavirus vaccines have followed the same line, collecting billions in government grants, hoarding patents, revealing as little as possible about their deals—and planning to charge up to $37 a dose for potentially hundreds of millions of shots.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aussie families having picnics on state border barricades. ~just pandemic things~

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7004000940315430145

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Rubby posted:

HELLO FRIENDS

make that Covid is over logo into a sticker so I can put it on my respirator like a Vietnam era GI with a peace symbol next to “BORN TO KILL”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mentioned before but watching football was bizarre and crack ping today

like 1 in 100,000 masks. tv didn’t mention covid at all

911 got more mentions !!! 911 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Rubby posted:

HELLO FRIENDS

take my loving money you deserve it more then i do

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1434285419903033352?s=20

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd say COVID is more like the new polio than the new flu.

kids, you see, COVID is like the New Coke, it’ll be here forever heh heh heh

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Computer, show me the worst county in SC right now ..

These posts have become such a disappointment. I initially thought it was right on the threshold of a new category, excited to see what color and name they would come up with. Now I am just reminded of that initial excitement, back when corona was still novel :(

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh the door is open? but I'm not allowed to walk through it? okay thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

stone soup posted:

take my loving money you deserve it more then i do