Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I use my light ships to do trades.

Blockade ability is based on the speed stat so light ships are worth double what heavy ships are for blockades (I think 1 tax base per light ship?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Blockade ability is based on the speed stat so light ships are worth double what heavy ships are for blockades (I think 1 tax base per light ship?)

Yeah you're def right. I just barely played since they made that change so I can't remember.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I didn;t really play much after AoW because there was a bug that annoyed the shoit out of me and I just kinda accepted that I'm never gonna be able to get into EU4 ever again.

which one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably the nationalist rebels one... That one really sucked for the like week it was around.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

I already crushed every European country to the point where everyone else's entire military is the size of one of my stacks i use to carpet siege with. I made sure to break France and Ottos kneecaps before I passed the last reform though.

weep for the slav

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sharmat posted:

weep for the slav

hey, at least the ottos dont have them

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
you know what would be cool?

if EU: Rome had been a good game

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
help whats wrong i cant get the spqr achieve. what am i missing? I combed my counties over and over for any stray baronies.

http://imgur.com/l5sjHnz

edit: Nevermind the event just popped up. phew.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 5, 2015

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I just exported my ck2 game to eu4 and now the eu4 launcher crashes on startup. rofl paradox.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
did the AI actually form Carpathia on its own in that?

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

The Sharmat posted:

Forming Carpathia is really easy for the AI depending on when you start.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Carpathia is probably the easiest empire in the game to form

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm not sure. I remember being pissed about the broken byz events, but that wasn't it.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

The Sharmat posted:

you know what would be cool?

if EU: Rome had been a good game

I liked a lot of the ideas of it. I feel like they could do it right now but they probably never will.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

Yeah. They formed HRE and England as Norse too. It's was pretty cool.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went to 102% overextension and then got that event that spawns rebels every month for 4 years. What the gently caress. I lost 900k manpower.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

they removed the hard limit that was infamy, and replaced it with overextension, another hard limit, because gently caress you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The worst part is that I had like 20 war exhaustion at the time because I was waiting to siege down all of France's lovely colonies to steal them so I could just annex them in the next war. gently caress you France, I'm going to make sure you die.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Still doing my Norway exile game. Colonizing all of North America takes a long time even with 5 colonists since here's a billion provinces there now. I think I'll still be able to take Scandinavia back by game end though. I just now finally kicked all the Europeans who managed to grab tiny colonies out of North America and mostly out of South America.

South America has independent Brazil but I should be able to claim their throne almost anytime I feel like it (same royal family). I need to kick Portugal, France, and Brittany out of Patagonia but I'm kind of tired of fighting them atm.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

Still doing my Norway exile game. Colonizing all of North America takes a long time even with 5 colonists since here's a billion provinces there now. I think I'll still be able to take Scandinavia back by game end though. I just now finally kicked all the Europeans who managed to grab tiny colonies out of North America and mostly out of South America.

South America has independent Brazil but I should be able to claim their throne almost anytime I feel like it (same royal family). I need to kick Portugal, France, and Brittany out of Patagonia but I'm kind of tired of fighting them atm.

I noticed that independent CNs seem to happen way, way more often with the changes. My HRE game has a tiny hosed up Canada, a French Florida USA, and Portuguese Brazil, Chile, and Peru. Brazil is balling hard and stole a fuckload of Portugal's African and East Asian colonies.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

lol

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

way to fulfill your campaign promises, Obama

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I just exported my ck2 game to eu4 and now the eu4 launcher crashes on startup. rofl paradox.

known bug. either click on the mods tab really quickly or disable cloud sync on eu4

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Getting these events as a European with their capital in the new world is cool

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

In this case "deep inside enemy territory" means that they have crossed the Atlantic to raid a city in modern day Angola.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that the Random Nations mode. Lol, I ought to try that out. Does it include formables. Like can I play as Brazil or Prussia directly or something.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

DICKHEAD posted:

In this case "deep inside enemy territory" means that they have crossed the Atlantic to raid a city in modern day Angola.

congrats on your seahorse cavalry

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Is that the Random Nations mode. Lol, I ought to try that out. Does it include formables. Like can I play as Brazil or Prussia directly or something.

No. I literally fled Europe and moved my capital to Panama as Norway

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it fun at all. Usually Exile games are exactly as boring as a native american game, except you don't have to deal with westernizing.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

you get those events if you start in new world with custom nation too, you'll explore london and its like The Tribes of London are fair and peaceful, +50 relation

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Is it fun at all. Usually Exile games are exactly as boring as a native american game, except you don't have to deal with westernizing.

I'd never really done it even in EU3 (always seemed goofy to me). Yeah it's probably more boring than a normal game since even my wars with everyone on earth are pretty small scale things for colonies and a lot of naval battles. Norway has good ideas for doing it though since you can end up with 5 colonists (2 from exploration, 1 from expansion, 1 from Norway ideas, and 1 from the Quantity + Exploration policy). It was more just a thing to try out.

It's funny to have an almost complete autarky economy in the new world though. All my merchants and lightships are focused on funneling money up to the Gulf of St. Lawrence where I have my home node located and the end result is that my production income and my trade income are almost exactly the same (270? somewhere in that range. Trade is a bit more due to trade accumulation from steering and trade income modifiers but not much more due to a leak in the Caribbean).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it as Ireland once but then they patched in the permanent 75% autonomy thing halfway through.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wiz posted:

This bug came with the 1.11 bugfixing patch, not 1.10 and certainly not the DLC itself. Don't let that spoil your DLC-rage though.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
friend of the family wiz returns

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That bug fixing patch? Uhh yeah. Bitch? Your fault. You understand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
don't want any new bugs? stop reporting bugs - friend of the family wiz, 2015