Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah we paid off my wife's car, the payment on my grand marquis is low as hell so its not a huge problem.

itd be nice to find a fun hatchback though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Does the mouthful of cock give it away?

lmbo what you even trying to say here my man?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

subterfudge posted:

New Katy Perry music video(actual music video this time).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7pMggPnug

:magical:

I love it!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
them vulcan eyebrows

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lmbo what you even trying to say here my man?

Just a cheap shot at booblord (which appeared to work). I drive a 14 year old SUV that smells of balls and cigar smoke.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I own two cars one built in 92 and one in 90 smdftb

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Both my cars are old enough to post in gip

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

poo poo I just enrolled a kid born in 1992 in my program, he's been in and out of the military already :cripes:

Did help him get a sweet gig out of state as a contractor.

Edit: also holy lol TAP is just as useless as it was in 2010, kid's resume was a train wreck

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I go to class with a 17 year old dual credit kid who was talking about joining the guard or ROTC.

I think that means he wasn't even sentient yet when 9/11 happened lol

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I go to class with a 17 year old dual credit kid who was talking about joining the guard or ROTC.

I think that means he wasn't even sentient yet when 9/11 happened lol

Push for him to enlist. Continue the cycle.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Pesticide20 posted:

Push for him to enlist. Continue the cycle.

Finish college then enlist under SLRP.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Woof Blitzer posted:

Anybody want to sell me a tiptronic GTI... I got $$$ baby

:spergin: DSG

Mine's a manual, so I guess I'm SOL:shrug:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

MA-Horus posted:

Amos is the GiP spirit animal. He's enlisted as gently caress and awesome.

Amos is hilarious. His nihilistic Zen zero fucks approach to life is just great on the show.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Son of a bitch, I broke another part of my busted rear end wisdom tooth. It doesn't hurt, but it's sharp.

Gonna have to go to the dentist on Friday I think, this is like the 15th time a small piece of it has broken off in the last few years.

Why yes, I did live most of my life without dental insurance, why do you ask?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

Son of a bitch, I broke another part of my busted rear end wisdom tooth. It doesn't hurt, but it's sharp.

Gonna have to go to the dentist on Friday I think, this is like the 15th time a small piece of it has broken off in the last few years.

Why yes, I did live most of my life without dental insurance, why do you ask?

Why didn't you get them taken out in the army?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Pesticide20 posted:

Why didn't you get them taken out in the army?

Because I was told they wouldn't be a problem for years when I was in 43AG, I never saw the dentist in Korea, I deployed and got hand waved through without an exam because I was torch party, I came back and pulled my name from the lists because I was in operations and didn't want to go to a guy nicknamed "the butcher" who would routinely use the absolute minimum anesthesia to "save the government money".

I had one of them pulled in 2012 when I split it open, and it cost like 700 bucks because I had no insurance (and had 200 bucks left to my name after the fact ho ho ho) and I never bothered to get the second one taken care of. I have really good dental insurance now, I just need to take the time off work and get it done with.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
How is The Expanse not a hour long show on Netflix or a premium network. This whole 42 minutes a pop thing is for da birds.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Vasudus posted:

Because I was told they wouldn't be a problem for years when I was in 43AG, I never saw the dentist in Korea, I deployed and got hand waved through without an exam because I was torch party, I came back and pulled my name from the lists because I was in operations and didn't want to go to a guy nicknamed "the butcher" who would routinely use the absolute minimum anesthesia to "save the government money".

I had one of them pulled in 2012 when I split it open, and it cost like 700 bucks because I had no insurance (and had 200 bucks left to my name after the fact ho ho ho) and I never bothered to get the second one taken care of. I have really good dental insurance now, I just need to take the time off work and get it done with.

I was offered to have mine taken out by the military, I declined and paid out of pocket by an actual surgeon that put me under.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you can't/dont get nitrous, you don't know what real fun is.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I got mine yanked in basic and let me tell you the cracking and sucking noise when they rip your teeth out is not a sound you will soon forget.

They gave me really good drugs afterwards that had me high as gently caress and i was limdu for a week so eh.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

orange juche posted:

I got mine yanked in basic and let me tell you the cracking and sucking noise when they rip your teeth out is not a sound you will soon forget.

They gave me really good drugs afterwards that had me high as gently caress and i was limdu for a week so eh.

I got Tylox and 3 days of limited duty.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Holy poo poo that Chrysler Turbine. :stare:

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

them vulcan eyebrows

Mushroom cloud cotton candy

Two Finger posted:

I own two cars one built in 92 and one in 90 smdftb

We havin' this contest? I'm not even sure I've got the oldest in here.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 22, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

Mushroom cloud cotton candy

We havin' this contest? I'm not even sure I've got the oldest in here.

post your corvette

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That link isn't working for me for some reason, is that the car chrysler built back in the 60s that uses a gas turbine?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

not caring here posted:

That link isn't working for me for some reason, is that the car chrysler built back in the 60s that uses a gas turbine?

Yep. Jay Leno has one and it's loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2A5ijU3Ivs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two Finger posted:

post your corvette

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:patriot:

:911:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

:wink:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Dang I though that you had a stingray II

This is much better :buddy:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

Yep. Jay Leno has one and it's loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2A5ijU3Ivs

I once saw one at the Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI. That thing looks cool as hell in person, purestrain art deco.

They actually have some cool non-Ford stuff there. An old Cord, an Oscar Meyer weinermobile, an old land speed record car powered by 4 Chrysler hemis, a huge-rear end steam locomotive and the Lincoln Continental convertible in which JFK had his brains blown out.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 22, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Dang I though that you had a stingray II

This is much better :buddy:

Even though that's the Vette I drooled over as a kid, I completely agree with you now.

The day I bought her, and the last time the hard top was on. The only interesting option this car has is the dual tops.

This is the one I usually post. Reproduction knock-off wheels replaced the steelies and hubcaps, but there are actually lugnuts under the spinner...the cone and spinner are the same as the real ones, but the center of the wheel itself is different to avoid the pesky "holy poo poo my wheel just flew off and took the fender with it" problem that knock-offs tend to have.

I will never get sick of the view down that hood.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 22, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yo g-holio i sent you sweet-rear end bbq sauce can i borrow your vette for the weekend

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think new corvettes are trailer park ferraris but that I like.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Ya that's a p good car

Like, I'd never imagine myself as the owner of a yellow corvette but that looks great.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

You have the best Corvette.

Mr. Nice! has a Stingray C3.
(e: I always thought the c3 was the stingray)

joat mon fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 22, 2017

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

not caring here posted:

I think new corvettes are trailer park ferraris but that I like.
You can buy a used real Ferrari for what a new Vette costs.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos...00000&inv=false

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

You can buy a used real Ferrari for what a new Vette costs.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos...00000&inv=false

and then spend the rest of your life paying for maintenance

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I get the feeling that with ferraris and poo poo that a lot of the problems with them comes from the fact that they get driven like 4 miles a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Like, I'd never imagine myself as the owner of a yellow corvette but that looks great.

I always hated yellow cars, but this grew on me fast. It's a very 60s-looking color, and I've only ever seen it on one other car. Everybody wants red, nassau blue, or black.

joat mon posted:

You have the best Corvette.

Mr. Nice! has a Stingray C3.
(e: I always thought the c3 was the stingray)

That is siiiiiick.

C2=Sting Ray (aka midyear, because 63-67 is in the middle of the decade)
C3=Stingray (old timers call them sharks sometimes)

Two Finger posted:

and then spend the rest of your life paying for maintenance

One good thing about this is that if I want to spend the money to buy the exactly correct reproduction part, I can. If I just want it to work (ie if I need a fuel pump, or a distributor cap, etc) I can go to autozone or rock auto or whatever. 90% of the mechanicals are functionally the same as every other 327 or 350 Chevy built between 1962 and 1998. And if something big ever lets go, I can swap in almost any engine Chevy built for an even longer period of time.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 22, 2017

• Locked thread