Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wouldn't mind seeing a game where Sherman intercepts Wilson 4 times in a game but Seattle squeaks out a victory when OC genius Brian Schottenheimer makes 2nd half adjustments and starts winning with the tried and true strategy of ground & pound and 3rd down curls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing a game where Sherman intercepts Wilson 4 times in a game but Seattle squeaks out a victory when OC genius Brian Schottenheimer makes 2nd half adjustments and starts winning with the tried and true strategy of ground & pound and 3rd down curls.

:bisonyes:

The next McVay? Hah! Who needs it when you have Schotty!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

mike- posted:

Sherman is going to kill the seahawks and make them regret cutting him, guaranteed.

If the 49ers break a 4 year solid loss stream against the seahawks it's definitely not going to be thanks to a single CB no matter how good and fueled by hate he is.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
wilson scrambling and doing two or three dipsy do spin moves before chucking up a game winning td to doug baldwin over sherman is going to suck, but it's all fun right now

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If the 49ers break a 4 year solid loss stream against the seahawks it's definitely not going to be thanks to a single CB no matter how good and fueled by hate he is.

Yeah we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one bud

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. And hate leads to.... elite football

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973355705553039360

Because the Eddie Lacy experiment worked out so well

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

did you guys just forget chris carson exists or what

also
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/973352156949614593
Norwell... please protect Jimmy :pray:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Spoeank posted:

did you guys just forget chris carson exists or what

He has the same injury as Rawls did so we're not too hopeful tbh

Benne posted:

Does he have anything left in the tank? I'm just trying to find some kind of hope in our running game.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
not sure it matters how good of a RB the hawks have if we don't improve our guard play.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This draft is stacked at guard and rb. Should be fine unless we do bonkers poo poo like draft nothing but linebackers

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This draft is stacked at guard and rb. Should be fine unless we do bonkers poo poo like draft nothing but linebackers

I won’t trust a Seahawks oline pick until five years of peer reviewed observations prove competncy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Whatever problems we have, I'm not convinced 2018 DeMarco Murray is a solution

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Benne posted:

Whatever problems we have, I'm not convinced 2018 DeMarco Murray is a solution

I don’t disagree with this per se but comparing Murray to Lacy is a bit unfair.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Apparently the Niners and Sherman were going to break and come back to negotiations on Sunday but John Lynch said "we're at the one, lets punch it in," in direct reference to SB49 and got Sherman on board.

If true lmao that super bowl is the gift that keeps on giving, even though it caused my close, personal friend Richard Sherman great distress.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Spoeank posted:

Apparently the Niners and Sherman were going to break and come back to negotiations on Sunday but John Lynch said "we're at the one, lets punch it in," in direct reference to SB49 and got Sherman on board.

If true lmao that super bowl is the gift that keeps on giving, even though it caused my close, personal friend Richard Sherman great distress.

:laffo: if this is true I can't even be mad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

I want to believe.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Spoeank posted:

It's true now regardless of facts.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
From the MMQB article detailing the negotiations:

MMQB posted:

“We’re on the 1-yard line here!” 49ers GM John Lynch said late Saturday afternoon to the free-agent corner he was recruiting, Richard Sherman. “We can do this! We can put this in the end zone!”

Sherman smiled. “I’ve been at the 1-yard line before,” he said, “and it didn’t go so well.”

Lynch said: “I promise you, we won’t throw it this time.”

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm kinda hoping the Rams pick up Paul Richardson in the 2nd wave of free agency with Watkins gone

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Well I hope y'all like seeing Russ2Baldwin, fellow Hawks fans, because I think those might be the only 2 good players left on offense now assuming Jimmy leaves

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Chris Carson's injury wasn't as bad as the one Rawls sustained though? I know they thought he was a possibility to come back late at the end of the season. Either way, I think Murray is better than Lacy, but that's sort of basically rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
For the love of god, please sign Mike Glennon, Cardinals. The Rams are a drat juggernaut, the Seahawks are still dangerous, and the 49ers are just handsome. The division needs a patsy, and you've been chosen.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/973607307715252225

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 13, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Well, :rip: our passing game I guess. Doug Baldwin is great but after him? Tyler Lockett, Amara Darboh, and *adjusts glasses* Tanner McEvoy? gently caress!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

Well, :rip: our passing game I guess. Doug Baldwin is great but after him? Tyler Lockett, Amara Darboh, and *adjusts glasses* Tanner McEvoy? gently caress!

Good thing we are going back to being a ground and proud team and have a strong running game to mediate. :shepface:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The only ground you'll be pounding is on your escape goat

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Honestly I don't think anyone would care that much that the Seahawks lost it that way, except they lost to the loving Pats

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Coldforge posted:

For the love of god, please sign Mike Glennon, Cardinals. The Rams are a drat juggernaut, the Seahawks are still dangerous, and the 49ers are just handsome. The division needs a patsy, and you've been chosen.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/973625922527129601

We're no longer the stupidest team in the FFC West! :woop:

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 13, 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

bradford on a 2 year deal and drafting a qb is way better than jamming your window shut with your dick caught in it

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, I'm okay with Bradford. He might explode due to our O-line, but that could happen to anyone.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

dont even fink about it posted:

Honestly I don't think anyone would care that much that the Seahawks lost it that way, except they lost to the loving Pats

It's major captain Hindsight material but it's almost like everyone forgot that as much as you love Beast mode everyone on the planet is expecting the run up the middle which makes that play a lot tougher than you'd think.

otoh if I was in charge of the fakery there I would've done some sort of fake handoff to Lynch followed by something that wasn't a pass.

Edit: I still think you have a better chance just letting your hyped up offence go with Lynch but not so much that trying a 2nd option is the mind-boggelling gently caress up everyone refers to it as.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 13, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's major captain Hindsight material but it's almost like everyone forgot that as much as you love Beast mode everyone on the planet is expecting the run up the middle which makes that play a lot tougher than you'd think.

otoh if I was in charge of the fakery there I would've done some sort of fake handoff to Lynch followed by something that wasn't a pass.

Yeah. Also clock and timeout math worked out so they basically had to throw it at least once to get 3 plays.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I will die laughing if bradford turns into palmer/warner though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/973632543235833856

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My honest belief is passing wasn't a bad idea but they should have gone with a read option with Lynch doing a wheel route.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

I will die laughing if bradford turns into palmer/warner though

Warner ‘06 and Palmer ‘14, confirmed.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benny the Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/973625922527129601

We're no longer the stupidest team in the FFC West! :woop:

mbison.gif

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

My honest belief is passing wasn't a bad idea but they should have gone with a read option with Lynch doing a wheel route.

Even a different personelle group would make that play justifyable. But not those guys on that alignment on that play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
NFC West: Sam Bradford lmao

• Locked thread