Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Butt Hurtley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Rodgers can't even stay on the field

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He played one game, looked at the rest of the schedule and saw the Mighty Detroit Lions were on it and went "oh no I'm actually v hurt again, that thing that I injured earlier its in real bad pain now"

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Can't believe Aaron Rodgers quit on his team and went home

the Lions just need improvements on both lines, the defenses main problem is that they have zero pass rush. Watching Case Keenum and Joe Flacco just sit behind the o-line for 50000 years before finding an open WR while the announcers gush about their incredible ability to go through routes gets old fast

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't blame him if he saw the Vikings and went "nah."

Lions don't get to your QB.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Don't worry, we got rid of Larry Warford for 11 games of injured TJ Lang play

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I blame Ron Prince.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My favourite pass this weekend was Mitch comfortable in his pocket scanning both sides of the field before opting to pass to a guy for 2 yard gain and Warner gush about his poise.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Erin Fraudgers, is more like his name.

Also it’s laughable that the Vikings have to try to win still because they might hang 45 points on this team.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

nerve posted:

Rodgers on IR. Good.

Has Dom been placed on IR yet?
:toughguy:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shangri-Law School posted:

I blame Ron Prince.

need to get the power towels

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

rabidsquid posted:

the mic'd up for that play is legit i think my favorite football thing i've ever watched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rvIwyikbRU

Holy poo poo, that was fantastic.

*While lying prone on the ground*

"Hey that's a timeout right I can play, right? Give me the ball"

(everyone else): No no no no

"YEAH, give me- get the gently caress- hey help me up"

(coaching staff looking around doubtfully at each other, MS pushed his way through them onto the field, left hand hanging completely limp at his side)

I'd never seen that before, that was something else. Reminds me of the nasty old days of players routinely playing through horrible injuries.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Now that Rodgers has been established to be a spineless coward we get to talk about the defense right? Clearly Rodgers isn’t good enough to prevent it anymore.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Aaron Rodgers is a Coward, and a Knave, and a Moste Reprehensible Cur

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Apropos of mic'd up and this thread, this Brett Favre one had me laughing pretty drat hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxfnWLRGka0

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Play posted:

Holy poo poo, that was fantastic.

*While lying prone on the ground*

"Hey that's a timeout right I can play, right? Give me the ball"

(everyone else): No no no no

"YEAH, give me- get the gently caress- hey help me up"

(coaching staff looking around doubtfully at each other, MS pushed his way through them onto the field, left hand hanging completely limp at his side)

I'd never seen that before, that was something else. Reminds me of the nasty old days of players routinely playing through horrible injuries.

yeah that whole thing was legit badass and i now respect stafford a bit more.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I mean uhhhh sorry I uhhhhh can’t complain cause we have Aaron??????

Finally he gets it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao literally 8 starts from a non-HOF QB

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Don't worry, we got rid of Larry Warford for 11 games of injured TJ Lang play

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike TJ Lang more than when he played for the Packers but HEEEERE WE ARE.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
my favorite Favre mic’d up is vs the Lions in ‘09, especially at 4:37

https://youtu.be/SwGC9yjvRBk

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Can't believe Aaron Rodgers quit on his team and went home

the Lions just need improvements on both lines, the defenses main problem is that they have zero pass rush. Watching Case Keenum and Joe Flacco just sit behind the o-line for 50000 years before finding an open WR while the announcers gush about their incredible ability to go through routes gets old fast

pretty sure keenum moving around is half of why he has as much time as he does

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Yeah, Keenum surprisingly is very agile and he's at his best when he moves around and makes a play

That is a sentence I didn't imagine to be writing.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

VJeff posted:

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike TJ Lang more than when he played for the Packers but HEEEERE WE ARE.

Yea but he's pretty entertaining on 97.1

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Play posted:

Apropos of mic'd up and this thread, this Brett Favre one had me laughing pretty drat hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxfnWLRGka0

god I love that dumb hillbilly

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I get Bob Quinn. He tried to fix the o-line with proper moves. It's not his fault.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

I get Bob Quinn. He tried to fix the o-line with proper moves. It's not his fault.

The injuries across the line have been ridiculous. I think there's literally only been 2-3 games this season where all the starters actually managed to start.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The injuries across the line have been ridiculous. I think there's literally only been 2-3 games this season where all the starters actually managed to start.

It kinda seems like every team has had to deal with that this year, though. OL seems more about depth than talent these days.

The Raiders were actually using Marshall Newhouse at LT in MNF, and I figured that was immediately game over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Abugadu posted:

It kinda seems like every team has had to deal with that this year, though.

Injuries up across the board...
Level of play down across the board...

Wonder if there's a connection.

Eh. It's probably nothing. Let's talk about kneeling some more.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He played one game, looked at the rest of the schedule and saw the Mighty Detroit Lions were on it and went "oh no I'm actually v hurt again, that thing that I injured earlier its in real bad pain now"

he is in fear of the Lions

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

WHOOPS posted:

my favorite Favre mic’d up is vs the Lions in ‘09, especially at 4:37

https://youtu.be/SwGC9yjvRBk

Find someone to love you the way Brett Favre loves playing football.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
where will it rate in the lions meltdown hall of fame when brett hundley knocks them out of the playoffs

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

VJeff posted:

Injuries up across the board...
Level of play down across the board...

Wonder if there's a connection.

Eh. It's probably nothing. Let's talk about kneeling some more.

Football is going to have to get rid of the pads and helmets eventually and go to rugby style tackling, people should be talking about that now and funding those semi-pro padless leagues to prove its viable.

But lol nah, the owners are making too much money right this split second, therefore they will always be making that much money forever. Until one day they aren't because people don't want to watch terrible quality football where everyone is brain damaged or injured.

This sport is frustrating sometimes, shall we say

nah
Mar 16, 2009

all the build-up for Rodgers to return, then he comes back and lays an egg and is immediately put on IR is extremely funny lol. One of the top stories of 2017 that i hope no one ever forgets

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

HyperPuma posted:

where will it rate in the lions meltdown hall of fame when brett hundley knocks them out of the playoffs

Probably an all timer for the regular season, at least for an individual game. 2013 is probably the worst overall because the division was handed to us on a silver platter. The last game of 2000 where Stoney Case lost a QB battle to Shane Matthews and Paul Edinger knocked us out on Christmas Eve (I think) is also up there.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

all the build-up for Rodgers to return, then he comes back and lays an egg and is immediately put on IR is extremely funny lol. One of the top stories of 2017 that i hope no one ever forgets

1.) it will be forgotten very quickly
2.) nobody with half a brain thought this packers team could beat three better teams, two definite playoff teams, in three weeks after a rusty Rodgers comes back

nah
Mar 16, 2009

1) Wrong
2) Wrong

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Tbh he looked like wet rear end during most of the comeback game in 2013 too, but all anyone remembers is the crazy pass to Cobb at the end

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Good Will Hrunting posted:

1.) it will be forgotten very quickly
2.) nobody with half a brain thought this packers team could beat three better teams, two definite playoff teams, in three weeks after a rusty Rodgers comes back

sure but 2 doesn’t include packer fans so

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Tbh he looked like wet rear end during most of the comeback game in 2013 too, but all anyone remembers is the crazy pass to Cobb at the end

dude it's amazing how people itt/forum are so delusional that they think people will remember anything negative about aaron more than 2 weeks after it happens instead of just talking about him posterizing nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
its pretty hilarious that packers fans are regarded as the most retarded fanbase when you have people literally jumping through tables and lighting themselves on fire

:incoming ironic post about how dope that is:

• Locked thread