Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

2DCAT posted:

It takes 2+ months to press vinyl so it probably won't go up until it gets a bit closer

I’ll definitely be getting one oh man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

twoday posted:

Holy gently caress, can I put this in the book?

of course, but then I might have to illustrate the rest of the saga, in a few more large and complicated drawings, to fill out the book of twoday

DarkEuphoria has issued a correction as of 23:36 on Sep 11, 2020

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

2DCAT posted:

It takes 2+ months to press vinyl so it probably won't go up until it gets a bit closer

speed it up. in two months we cant guarantee there will be an america to lambast via synthwave

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
i demand twoday manually etch the grooves of the 2dcat vinyl

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

DarkEuphoria posted:

It seems weird that the book of cspam doesn't include the story of twoday, in particular the remember sailor block making its way back after being thrown into the sea.

Obviously I'm not going to express twoday better than twoday can, that's the thing about art, but I did draw a picture that fits the theme. It chronicles the moment the remember sailor block was thrown into the ocean. Twoday, you seem like you're probably a William Blake fan, so the image is based off a print of his from Illustrations of the Book of Job. The particular image is cribbed off of "Job's sons and daughters overwhelmed by Satan." I left out Satan's wings and gave him a nice mop of Trunp hair and a plump trump bod. lol. I didn't use a fancy calligraphy pen and paper, so I guess it's less authentic in that way, but I just got a new tablet for drawing and I wanted to test it out. It is all hand drawn, though.

What have I done?!

Here's the original

Here's mine

Amazing

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

DarkEuphoria posted:

of course, but then I might have to illustrate the rest of the saga, in a few more large and complicated drawings, to fill out the book of twoday

The Book of The Scribe as an aside done by another scribe feels very correct

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

DarkEuphoria posted:

:allears:

I am both humbled and flattered, and will happily include what you make

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
So Twoday,
I contacted my bank and told them it wasn't CC fraud and authorized the purchase like 3 times and anyway... they kept canceling my payment.
I would like a leather bound book please, and I'll send you the money through Venmo.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sDsFq6VnU

So I was reading and watching stuff about bookgilding and metalworking and come to this video about ancient curse tablets. I was thinking of making one and scanning it for the book.

It’s short and interesting so I recommend you watch it if you like this thread, but I completely lost my poo poo when he said:

quote:

Have you ever been really ticked off at someone but you don’t know what to do about it? Because of this person, have you ever wanted to unleash some stress, or conjure your army of archangels to release a righteous fury upon them?

So note two things I’ve included on this tablet. These here are actual Greek words, but this line right here is complete gibberish called “Voces Magicae.” The Greeks put consonants and vowels on their curses as a form of divine language. We don’t know exactly why they used Voices Magicae but it must have used as some way to drawn ritual power in a curse.”

TMWPERPT!

Anyway he goes on to say that every proper curse is sealed with a nail that is hammered through it, which “affixes“ the curse. So I’m going to do that to all the fancy books of c-spam now.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

twoday posted:

ancient curse tablets

wikipedia posted:

Scholars from antiquity, like Christian philosopher Clement of Alexandria (ca. 200 CE), believed that human language was not appropriate for addressing the gods.[16] Therefore, some of the inscriptions of these curse tablets are not easily translatable, because they were "invocations and secret names" which would only be understood by the spirits themselves.[16] Another possibility is that curse tablets were produced by professionals who wished to lend their art a degree of mystique through the use of an apparently secret language that only they could understand.[16]

lol ancient gate keeping grifters, hoarding all the magic words for themselves.

steal them and gain their power, so you can then carry on the proud tradition of never explaining anything, to seem mystical and sell cursed items

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

DarkEuphoria posted:

lol ancient gate keeping grifters, hoarding all the magic words for themselves.

steal them and gain their power, so you can then carry on the proud tradition of never explaining anything, to seem mystical and sell cursed items

Mysterious curse tablets! Yours for just $5.99!

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

This was not the reference material I was searching for, but then again, maybe it is? I mean just look at these guys:

Pro click, there are like 40 of these drawings
https://flashbak.com/wilhelm-werner-von-zimmers-dance-of-death-from-1540-431400/

quote:

In the Late Middle Ages, there were illustrated books called Danse Macabre or the Dance of Death which were used to focus the mind on life’s short stretch. These books were heavily illustrated with pictures of Death or a gnarly skeleton fresh from the grave a-coming-up to claim both high and low. The peasant and the King were equal before Death, neither could escape its cold bony grasp.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Were you maybe looking for the more famous Albrecht Dürer danse macabre drawings?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

these are neat

incidentally, those little bumps of glass on their goblets are called "prunts"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

Anyway he goes on to say that every proper curse is sealed with a nail that is hammered through it, which “affixes“ the curse. So I’m going to do that to all the fancy books of c-spam now.

oh no please don't tell me my creepy chronicle of this accursed era handbound in hairy horsehide carries a curse

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dustcat posted:

these are neat

Are they ergonomic bumps to make it easier to grip?

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Dustcat posted:

these are neat

PRUNTS

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Nebakenezzer posted:

Are they ergonomic bumps to make it easier to grip?

yes, but also decorational

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Which college is this?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Which college is this?

All of them right now.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Which college is this?

Knights Hospitalr

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Today in TUPM:

Explosive Trees.

quote:

When a reporter asked him if climate change was also to blame, Trump had this to say: “When trees fall down, after a short period of time, about 18 months, they become very dry, they become really like a matchstick. And they get up, you know, there’s no more water pouring through, and they become very very, they just explode. They can explode.”

Thank you.

Actually I guess in the future Trump will be celebrated as the first American president to destroy suburbs

twoday
May 4, 2005

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
absolutely amazing

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

lmao its magnificent

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

whoa nice, lmao at the gender reveal text

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

:piss:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:captainpop:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol the raisin

twoday
May 4, 2005

wow nice av

twoday
May 4, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol the raisin

future cultures will interpret it as our God of Dehydration

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo

Piiiiisssss

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010
I was always interested in woodblock printing but was inspired to start this year due partially to this thread

twoday
May 4, 2005

oh my god that rules

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Jorge Von Bacon posted:

I was always interested in woodblock printing but was inspired to start this year due partially to this thread

yessssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

the sun will never give a poo poo about you, it has its own poo poo going on on a scale we ca barely comprehend