Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Catholicism ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

What did he go to jail for? I figured somebody as rich/famous as him isn’t going to jail unless it’s serious prison time for something he can’t wiggle out of?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

What did he go to jail for? I figured somebody as rich/famous as him isn’t going to jail unless it’s serious prison time for something he can’t wiggle out of?

I went digging on that very question, and it was "briefly inconveniencing the US military" which is an objective good

quote:

He was arrested for trespassing at Camp Garcia Vieques, the U.S. Navy training facility, where he and others were protesting the use of a section of the island for training. Kennedy served 30 days in a maximum security prison in Puerto Rico.[106] The trespassing incident forced the suspension of live-fire exercises for almost :siren: three hours :siren:.[107] The lawsuits and protests by Kennedy, and hundreds of Puerto Ricans who were also imprisoned, eventually forced the termination of naval bombing in Vieques by the Bush administration.[108]

Honestly one of the cooler things he's ever done, though arguably not the biggest crime (but the heroin bust in the 80s just got him probation)

Javid has issued a correction as of 18:08 on Feb 12, 2024

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Javid posted:

I went digging on that very question, and it was "briefly inconveniencing the US military" which is an objective good

Honestly one of the cooler things he's ever done, though arguably not the biggest crime (but the heroin bust in the 80s just got him probation)

Jfc 30 days is usually just city jail time and they stuck him in a maximum security prison

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

ah here's the actual article I wanted https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2001-jul-07-mn-19562-story.html

quote:

A federal judge in San Juan sentenced environmental lawyer Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to 30 days in jail for trespassing while attempting to thwart Navy bombing exercises on Vieques island.

Several other protesters were convicted along with Kennedy, including New York labor leader Dennis Rivera and Norma Burgos, a senator in Puerto Rico’s legislature.

“You should be a lawmaker, not a lawbreaker,” Chief U.S. District Judge Hector Lafitte told Burgos, sentencing her to 40 days.

Kennedy and the others were among about 180 people arrested during Navy exercises in late April and early May.

I wish he wasn't apparently personally an enormous piece of poo poo because stuff like this would otherwise be a compelling presidential resume

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

holy poo poo

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

He's going to win.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I guess the secret's out

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

admittedly if someone like slid that across the table and was like "this is my sex diary of adultery" I'd be like yeah might be a fun little page turner before bed

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

the sex demons made him take the fall for a racketeering operation

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Buck Wildman posted:

the sex demons made him take the fall for a racketeering operation

Whomst among us....

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

We got a contest tonight?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Doesn't look like anything until south carolina and michigan in a couple weeks

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Egg Moron posted:

We got a contest tonight?

There's a special election to replace George Santos in the House tonight. Might be what you're thinking of.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Azathoth posted:

There's a special election to replace George Santos in the House tonight. Might be what you're thinking of.

I hope he wins

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Fool's errand. Dude is irreplaceable

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Azathoth posted:

is he back yet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i used to think george santos stuff was aids until i saw him on we now i would rise under his banner

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

i used to think george santos stuff was aids until i saw him on we now i would rise under his banner

He has gotten funnier as he's gone along too. Trump needs to make him VP.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al! posted:

i used to think george santos stuff was aids
says a lot about you

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I like George Santos and it's bullshit they got rid of him

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

On one hand it's extremely hosed up that a politician would lie about things but on the other hand he called himself the new Rosa Parks and stole a staffer's baby while having a meltdown so you have to take the bad with the good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Koishi Komeiji posted:

On one hand it's extremely hosed up that a politician would lie about things but on the other hand he called himself the new Rosa Parks and stole a staffer's baby while having a meltdown so you have to take the bad with the good.

don't forget the Iraq war veteran with the dying dog that he scammed

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I’ll say it, I’m glad he stole those dogs from those vets. They had it coming

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Ritchie Torres is a far more problematic rep doing real damage. The argument for getting rid of Santos is the same as Trump, people are just tired of having to pick up their monocles up off the floor after whatever the most recent decorum-based fake outrage is about

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Dokapon Findom posted:

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Dokapon Findom posted:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

there's a soft place in my heart for a consummate huckster

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

didn't Santos manifest a husband as well at one point? he's cool.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

santos running away with the baby cackling was great. what a freak

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hatebag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Hatebag posted:

that video is the best content we've seen in months.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've always liked this moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvRBEPWZFQs

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

A long line of whoremongers? A trafficked woman? *looks at post history to find 1 million posts in the Trump Megathread* ah ok

You didn't know that about Trump?

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1759342263740629487

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

She thinks she downed the 12 of them and not the frontrunner, Donald J. Trump, America's Sweetheart? :thunk:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Oh no lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Enough loser energy to surpass Jeb!... it's more likely than you'd think