Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

nice and cool hobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This one is more self-aware and less racist, maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-3qQ9HIc3o

peanut fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 29, 2019

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDQl89xMyWo

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

I'm a month late but that's a tribute to POWERTHIRST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/UF19Kia.mp4
Sound on

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Everytime I see him, I wonder how someone that looks and sounds that much like a short-order cook from New Jersey got to his level of (minor) fame.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We're making a video guys, everybody look your best! Best faces, best clothes, best hair!!!!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/_madbot_/status/1213902730193985537?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blyad Brothers.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Googled for a map of city districts and found this:

The different gopnik levels are:
* Don't go outside
* You can go outside, but not too often
* Very scary day and night
* Scary at night
* Almost never scary
* Possible to walk outside at night with a phone and a small amount of money

szary
Mar 12, 2014

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

It's so rare to see my worlds collide like this:

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1218925539307769859?s=20

I have a few extended family members and friends of the family that would probably be into this.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ahahhaha

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/DtU30Su.mp4

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Тесла кибергрузовик looking good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elon Rusk

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

From a cover band that plays for tourists

I wouldn't have got it without the "darlin darlin", but after that it makes perfect sense.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's pretty much the most Russian thing to laugh their rear end off at a life threatening situation.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hardcore Henry somewhat less exciting than I remembered.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

e: nm the comments say it’s Ireland...

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Cartoon Man posted:

e: nm the comments say it’s Ireland...

You can tell by the fact that the grass is green instead of gray. Also, the picture shows a total of no potatoes.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

ireland is also a potato country…

oh…

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What's a good gift (or gifts) for an American relative to give to eastern european family he's visiting for a few weeks?

Is a popular American sports team jersey a dumb idea for the teens?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

What's a good gift (or gifts) for an American relative to give to eastern european family he's visiting for a few weeks?

Is a popular American sports team jersey a dumb idea for the teens?
Blue jeans and bubble gum.

Serious answer, they won't know any teams. Maybe Lakers or Bulls if they're older but even then I doubt. Nobody cares about baseball or football (either one) outside a few enthusiasts, though of course they could still appreciate a nice jersey.

Nowadays you can get here anything you want really so maybe try to find out what they're into since there are still certain things that are way better to get in the US. I just had a friend bring me Sennheiser 6xx headphones from massdrop because they're like 3x as much here.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

Blue jeans and bubble gum.

Serious answer, they won't know any teams. Maybe Lakers or Bulls if they're older but even then I doubt. Nobody cares about baseball or football (either one) outside a few enthusiasts, though of course they could still appreciate a nice jersey.

Nowadays you can get here anything you want really so maybe try to find out what they're into since there are still certain things that are way better to get in the US. I just had a friend bring me Sennheiser 6xx headphones from massdrop because they're like 3x as much here.

Got it, thanks.

I get that they won't know the local sports team, but it might be cool to have your American cousin's city's sports team jersey (and it's pretty nice quality too).

What about for grown ups? Would some kind of home decoration be good?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
One of those singing bass clocks is always a surefire hit.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Taco spice and make tacos for the family. I think local team gear is still a good souvenir (grandpa can always wear the hat for yard work.)

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

When I would go to Kiev I had requests for a variety of chewing gum and Reese’s peanut butter cups.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Social Animal posted:

When I would go to Kiev I had requests for a variety of chewing gum and Reese’s peanut butter cups.

Don't they have Amazon Prime in Kiev?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Don't they have Amazon Prime in Kiev?

Maybe they do now but at least a couple of years ago most things wouldn't ship. I think you get around it with those package forwarding services but I don't know much about it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Are there kids?
Lipsmacker's multi flavor packs are cute and easy to share with friends. America also has some wonderful sprinkles, especially Spring designs, that are big hits with my daughter's friends like https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilton-Spring-Mix-Sprinkles-Assortment-6-8-oz/24939352

English children's books :3

MARSHMALLOW PEEPS

peanut fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 24, 2020

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

You can get almost everything else now except perishables, so American candy would be a big draw. I would be wary with clothes, EE sensibilities differ from American and I'm not sure a CITY SPORTS TEAM jersey would necessarily be appreciated, at least by teens whose tastes are always inscrutable to us olds. Electronics is a good idea as they are relatively silly expensive there compared to local incomes!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/84OjHrt.mp4
(sound)

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

spacetoaster posted:

Responses to this are making we wonder who has the worst chocolate out of those two areas? US stuff is like brown soap, but I've no idea what it's like in eastern Europe. Locally-made, that is - I assume they get Twixes like any civilised place.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Slovakia and czech republic have good chocolate in all shapes and forms surprisingly.

Same with other crispy sweets.

You'll only embarass yourself, if you gift them that pressed dogshit from the US

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If they're Russian, contraband Finnish cheeses.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Adidas bein the obvious answer. Maybe a nice rug to hang on the walls

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gromit posted:

Responses to this are making we wonder who has the worst chocolate out of those two areas? US stuff is like brown soap, but I've no idea what it's like in eastern Europe. Locally-made, that is - I assume they get Twixes like any civilised place.
There's a "British and American sweets" store right next to my office. I have no idea who goes there and what do they buy. The peanut butter cup are pretty nice and unique but other than that :confused: I do enjoy a lot of American food but in terms of chocolate or candy nothing ever comes to mind.

I think most EE is pretty decent. Nothing as well regarded as fine Belgian or Swiss chocolate or something but Czecho/Slovakia, Ukraine or Russia have pretty good chocolates and candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lucky Charms cereal and/or the Frozen version with snowflake marshmallows.