Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You have to use aard to knock some boxes over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Damm I missed that too.

I just started messing around with BaW. I love the new area, it's so pretty.

I made the Manticore armor last night, it's perfect for my build (bombs/potions /crits).. But it's kinda ugly.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Forget about the cannibalism, what you really missed is that they fly like 5 meters up in the air if you aard them. It's hilarious. (Or maybe my game just bugged out, I dunno, might also have been with high sign intensity).

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Pellisworth posted:

lol YEP

check in their basement/cellar
It's also the single most horrific basement in the game. It beats the serial killer quests. What's cool is that I was totally expecting the couple to turn into warewolves or vampires but nope they're really just an elderly couple. The real monsters are humans etc.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I finally got around to buying this game! Am I able to just loot people's stuff without impunity?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Someone was talking about Succubi earlier in the thread, and I got thinking about the Succubus from Witcher 2. First time I played the Iorveth path, I wasn't aware of their nonlethal nature in the Witcher series, and I killed it (after that loving idiot went in), but looking back at the quest, I'm not sure if I did the right thing that playthrough. Is there definitive proof if Ely'as was behind the murders and was pinning them on the Succubus?

I'm pretty sure it was the elf but no, who was actually committing the murders is never resolved.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I finally got around to buying this game! Am I able to just loot people's stuff without impunity?

Mostly, you might have to pay some taxes on them eventually though.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Just had my game crash when going to bald mountain with ciri while leaving the palace at vizima which I think was a blessing in disguise because I think I put myself on the crash course for bad end by encouraging her to ditch her magic and poo poo

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Sindai posted:

I remember in Hearts of Stone there's a monster hunt quest that leads through an incredibly creepy almost-abandoned village with a single old couple living in it. I was certain they were some horrible monsters in disguise so I interrogated them and examined every inch of abandoned buildings, finding absolutely nothing. It turned out they were just there and the culprit was some completely unrelated monsters nearby.

Unless I missed something.

Look in the crafting materials section, all of the components are either craftable there or obtainable from dismantling. (Acid extract for example comes from dismantling parts of the new plant monsters.)

I eventually did have to buy a couple plates because I didn't have enough gold and copper nuggets, since those are new materials only found in Blood and Wine caves.

Cheers for the help, its still gonna take some time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nanomashoes posted:

Mostly, you might have to pay some taxes on them eventually though.

I didn't realize this was an Al Capone simulator.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think my favorite detail in this game remains Ciri's royal portrait in Vizima. Just...that face...

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Just did the tourney quest.

"Can you explain it normally?"
"Not a chance."

"Geralteralteralteralt"

Also they really went wild with the Game of Thrones references.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Swedish Horror posted:

Also they really went wild with the Game of Thrones references.

I mean they've got Tywin Lannister and Robert Baratheon's actors voicing major characters already

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

I didn't realize this was an Al Capone simulator.

Source

No idea what happens if you refuse to pay. I'm level 53 with 85,000 crowns thanks to relentlessly selling everything and anything I can get my hands on and haven't been caught by the law yet.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Naming the majordomo Basil Fawlty was so distracting though.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

kim jong-illin posted:

Source

No idea what happens if you refuse to pay. I'm level 53 with 85,000 crowns thanks to relentlessly selling everything and anything I can get my hands on and haven't been caught by the law yet.

Don't know what happens if you owe taxes and don't pay them, but I just lied to him about how I got it and it was fine, I owed nothing as far as he was concerned. He gave me a certificate!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I remember there being a feature earlier that Roach would follow a road automatically, but now he just doesn't want to do it. Do I need to toggle it somewhere? It would help a lot in the tourney race preparation (and I imagine in the actual race too).

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Azazell0 posted:

I remember there being a feature earlier that Roach would follow a road automatically, but now he just doesn't want to do it. Do I need to toggle it somewhere? It would help a lot in the tourney race preparation (and I imagine in the actual race too).

That feature specifically does not work in races.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Just wondering cos so many people seem to consider Novigrad the weakest part of the story... what did everyone think about Priscilla's song?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

nozh posted:

That feature specifically does not work in races.

Oh, boo. Gonna watch myself fail all the parts of the tourney that require precision and crossbow shooting then, if the time limits are not very generous. I'd really like some trophies though.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Shannow posted:

Thirdly, couple of quests that appear broken? Still don't get any gwent cards upon finishing the 'till death..' quest despite Geralt saying he's found them

This means you already have the cards, they aren't unique. It's a lovely bug, but you aren't missing out on anything.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Gosh I love Toussaint and all the quests and people and jokes. The writing and animation and environment teams really did a fab job. I've laughed so many times at this expansion. Even at the really corny stuff like the name of the wine merchant place under the statue (which is a good bonus I've made him pick up repeatedly)

I love how subtle Geralts face animations and responses can be. Just the corner of his mouth pulling up very slightly to show he's disgusted at someone, stuff like that. Geralt got a sexy mouth. (And then they blow it out of the water on the cemetery contract, when geralt is talking to the quest giver)

I'm only halfway through BaW but Geralts dinner date was too cute, it's my favorite part so far. It's great how they can mix dark and sad themes with goofy empathy.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Just wondering cos so many people seem to consider Novigrad the weakest part of the story... what did everyone think about Priscilla's song?
toe-curling

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I started a new game recently, but last year I got through alot of the game so I was skipping alot of dialog. At one point I was talking to Zoltan and we warped inside of his friend's house where you steal the rare Gwent card (this was way before that quest opened up). I did what was, in hindsight, a very dumb thing, and took the card, now Zoltan thinks I'm midquest but it's not on my active quests sheet. Anyone know a way around this or do I have to give up on those three cards this playthrough?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

I skipped it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

skoolmunkee posted:

I love how subtle Geralts face animations and responses can be. Just the corner of his mouth pulling up very slightly to show he's disgusted at someone, stuff like that. Geralt got a sexy mouth. (And then they blow it out of the water on the cemetery contract, when geralt is talking to the quest giver)

There are two main points I tend to make when gushing about the game's facial animations. 1) Geralt has the world's most subtle smirk. 2) They successfully animated the facial expression of "trying really hard not to smile" on Yennefer when you trash Avallac'h's lab.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Friendly HUD has updated to 1.21

Pretty much what I'd consider THE must have as far as mods go if only because of the quick access to oils/bombs/potions.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The wolven storm is like if leliana's song from dragon age was not embarrassing poo poo. I like it, though it's better on the soundtrack because the shot transitions in the game version disrupt the song's flow

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

SirSamVimes posted:

There are two main points I tend to make when gushing about the game's facial animations. 1) Geralt has the world's most subtle smirk. 2) They successfully animated the facial expression of "trying really hard not to smile" on Yennefer when you trash Avallac'h's lab.

Okay but, the wink in BaW

I'm also loving the Aard mutation, bad guys exploding into icicles in slo mo is so satisfying

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think my favorite detail in this game remains Ciri's royal portrait in Vizima. Just...that face...

Ahahaha, I had completely forgotten about that. It's just glorious.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The face is funny because it reminds me of when triss tried to teach her to be lady like at kaer morhen

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,think I'm pretty close to the Siege of Kaer Morhen. I've been able to recruit most of my bros,including Letho,but when I talk to Triss,the game tells me to help her with some unfinished business in Novigrad. But talking to her doesn't bring up any new dialogue options.
Any ideas? Or is my game bugged?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Skellige is just continuing to be great. How on earth would I have imagined that a run of the mill succession of kings would culminate in bear assassins transformed by tripping on mead and shrooms. Now it's a goddamn murder mystery!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
drat it people posting about their first playthroughs makes me want to run through a NG+ on Death March...

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Nanomashoes posted:

I skipped it.

Mind saying why?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Firebert posted:

drat it people posting about their first playthroughs makes me want to run through a NG+ on Death March...

Do it. It's so loving good.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
My first playthrough I still had a 660, and there were like 5 second pauses between each of the lines. It sounded so much like someone fumbling to move their fingers into chords that I thought the joke was that she was really bad at playing the lute. Pretty good song though.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Aw, Crach is AOK. He keeps giving me magic swords, I can't help but like him.

Pity they all do less damage than the poo poo Hattori gave me.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

This means you already have the cards, they aren't unique. It's a lovely bug, but you aren't missing out on anything.

Ah, great, thanks for letting me know. Plz feel free to throw a scrunched up bit of paper at the persons responsible for that and the unusable rope, in a light hearted way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Quote-Unquote posted:

Do it. It's so loving good.

Hell yes, I've been working on a NG+, beat the game through one and a half times after release and HoS, I've just been lurking this thread and living vicariously through the new player experiences.

There is so much game and it's all great, very much worth another playthrough after you've given yourself some time to forget some of the details.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 2, 2016