Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ZearothK posted:

New Moon.

[Edit]You can find it while looking through the points of interest added by Hearts of Stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ZearothK posted:

New Moon.

[Edit]You can find it while looking through the points of interest added by Hearts of Stone.

Unless you fail to actually look at the stats on the gear you find and then sell the loving trousers so you can never complete the set god DAMMIT

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Helith posted:

Either I've been very unlucky or bugged because in my game I have never seen an oil recipe at a vendor. Plenty of bomb, potion and decoction recipes, but never an oil one. I'm missing about 3 superior recipes. Maybe a patch changed things.
Which vendor in Toussaint? The alchemist I found in the city only sold formulas for changing mutagens and not the oils I'm missing.

I think I bought some off my missing base oils from the sorceress you can buy stuff from before her quest in Velen. I found everything else in the wild, except superior draconid, beast, and vampire oil, which an alchemist in Toussaint just happened to have, and no others so I guess it's supposed to fill out what you have missing. I can't remember the city name... The one near the armorer with the new master armor quests.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Super Bunny Hop discusses the Hearts of Stone Expansion of Witcher 3

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Ok, I'm stumped, after installing B&W, I suddenly cannot use the left bomb quick slot. I have tried different bombs and none of them appear in the slot while the right one works fine. It's a fresh reinstall and no mods. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You need to highlight the bomb on the right and press left or right to cycle to the next bomb. The left slot is for the crossbow.

e: Or other pocket item I mean.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Noirex posted:

Ok, I'm stumped, after installing B&W, I suddenly cannot use the left bomb quick slot. I have tried different bombs and none of them appear in the slot while the right one works fine. It's a fresh reinstall and no mods. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

Your bombs are kept under the same tab now. You can mouse scroll between them.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

voltron lion force posted:

You need to highlight the bomb on the right and press left or right to cycle to the next bomb. The left slot is for the crossbow.

e: Or other pocket item I mean.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Your bombs are kept under the same tab now. You can mouse scroll between them.

Welp, don't I feel like a moron. I swear the old UI was different in that both bombs were displayed in the quick slots.

Thanks!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They were, and it was better that way. A lot of the UI changes are bad to me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

drat it, I was just gonna post this.

Really good video, recommended viewing.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Nope, fight in yrden thing is ridiculously powerful, especially once you get the mutation that allows you to literally spam standard signs for no stamina.

e:Wait a second that's not even a mutation, that's the three piece bonus for Griffin armour! Yeah it's OP as gently caress.

It seems like the best possible ability I could have for my swords/signs/alchemy hybrid I got going on right now (though the signs are just "enough Aard intensity to knockdown reliably" and "enough Igni intensity to burn reliably" and alchemy is just Synergy and Acquired Tolerance), but I don't wanna wear the silly-lookin' Griffin gear :smith:

Anyone know how strong the "add your sword damage to your sign intensity" mutation is yet? I'm really stuck between that one and the "gain a ton more damage and sign intensity for having toxicity" one.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Noirex posted:

Welp, don't I feel like a moron. I swear the old UI was different in that both bombs were displayed in the quick slots.

You are right. But, something ends, something begins, my friend.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Man what the gently caress, I ran across the Extreme Cosplay quest while running around, and saw that it was too high level for me, so I went off to come back to it later.

Now I leveled up a bunch and came back, and the quest just failed because I left it. At least loving make it fail as soon as I run off so I know that I have to do it right then, not when I come back hours later and can't reload a save.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I did the quest for the painter to do Geralt's portrait. Unfortunately I didn't have the gold at the time to buy it. Now that I do where can I find it?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
So, couple more small things.

For some reason, placing mastercrafted witcher swords (and only these swords) gives them levitating scabbards.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/JtYTgUn.jpg

Secondly, I'm disappointed that the pink dye isn't the wild hot gay pink i was hoping it was going to be but the red on the viper armour is p sweet.

Thirdly, couple of quests that appear broken? Still don't get any gwent cards upon finishing the 'till death..' quest despite Geralt saying he's found them, and a hidden treasure spot in the far south gives me a gardeners key and instructs me to check a workshop within a small area, unfortunately the key opens neither door in the vicinity.

Fourth - I laughed enough to nearly wake my child, good work. (minor spoiler I guess?)

5th - Don't mix your drinks and go swimming. Killerwhale/Cat combo not reccomended.

6th - It seems I can't hang my portrait of Olgierd and his wife in my house, and this makes me sad.

And finally, - god loving drat this place is pretty

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Someone was talking about Succubi earlier in the thread, and I got thinking about the Succubus from Witcher 2. First time I played the Iorveth path, I wasn't aware of their nonlethal nature in the Witcher series, and I killed it (after that loving idiot went in), but looking back at the quest, I'm not sure if I did the right thing that playthrough. Is there definitive proof if Ely'as was behind the murders and was pinning them on the Succubus?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Nanomashoes posted:

Grandmaster cat set sucks until you realize wearing any piece of headgear will make Geralt put the hood down, so you can run around in the professor's specs and look great.
oh thank god

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Harrow posted:

drat it, I was just gonna post this.

Really good video, recommended viewing.

It seems like the best possible ability I could have for my swords/signs/alchemy hybrid I got going on right now (though the signs are just "enough Aard intensity to knockdown reliably" and "enough Igni intensity to burn reliably" and alchemy is just Synergy and Acquired Tolerance), but I don't wanna wear the silly-lookin' Griffin gear :smith:

Anyone know how strong the "add your sword damage to your sign intensity" mutation is yet? I'm really stuck between that one and the "gain a ton more damage and sign intensity for having toxicity" one.

My experiences with the whole "Sword into intensity" trait is that it makes the burning from the fire stream hit a whole lot harder while the "your spells can crit" one makes it so your standard spells can crit and stack harder. Like if Im using the stream as my primary murder tool using the sword spec more sense. If I just want to kill things with the standard one then I use the crit one.

The crit one is hilarious though. Since everything can crit including your shield counters. And everything blows up with magic. So it causes people to slam into your shield and blow up in the process into a fine mist of gibs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i hope this heist in Hearts of Stone is as awesome and badass as the setup indicates.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

i hope this heist in Hearts of Stone is as awesome and badass as the setup indicates.

Same, I just got to that part too. I only just got to the "we're doing a heist" intro so I dunno what's gonna happen but I like that, at least so far, it appears that I have the choice to let the retired guy just enjoy a quiet life :unsmith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wrapped up the quest on Fyke Isle this morning, with the curse, and I'm curious, is there a way to resolve that that DOESN'T end with a plague spectre on the loose?

It was amusing how nonchalant both Geralt and Keira were about that result, I'd be a bit more worried, me

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ciaphas posted:

I wrapped up the quest on Fyke Isle this morning, with the curse, and I'm curious, is there a way to resolve that that DOESN'T end with a plague spectre on the loose?

It was amusing how nonchalant both Geralt and Keira were about that result, I'd be a bit more worried, me

If you go to the town and talk to the ghosts boyfriend, you can convince him to come with you to the island. He will prove his love to her by kissing her, which kills him, however she disappears. Him dying seems bad until you notice there is a noose hanging from the rafters of his house, so he was gonna be dead soon anyway.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Yes, if you pay attention and poke holes in the pestas story while talking to it you can go on a path to destroy it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well, poo poo. I thought the answer was gonna be "no, the plots of these sidequests are pretty linear".

Now I wanna see if I have an earlier save to get a better resolution on this one measly little sidequest this is a bad idea isn't it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

please don't trust crazy ghost ladies who try to kill you with rats and won't stop screaming about vengeance

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

She seemed alright to me! She wasn't trying to kill me with rats either! I had no idea she was evil! :saddowns:

(I mean yeah world of Witcher is a bit poo poo and all but I really didn't see any reason not to trust her, and I thought I exhausted her dialogue tree)

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Now I wanna see if I have an earlier save to get a better resolution on this one measly little sidequest this is a bad idea isn't it

Nah that's pretty much the point of the Witcher. It was a cool enough story you care about the outcome, even though there's no loot reward or any "tangible" difference to loading an earlier save so you get a better ending.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

She seemed alright to me! She wasn't trying to kill me with rats either! I had no idea she was evil! :saddowns:

(I mean yeah world of Witcher is a bit poo poo and all but I really didn't see any reason not to trust her, and I thought I exhausted her dialogue tree)

She loses her poo poo if you poke holes in her story or try to leave prematurely.

Never trust ghosts. Unless it's an especially dandy one.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

That's the biggest thing in the main game I'm angry about - that I was completely fooled and didn't suspect a thing was wrong.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ciaphas posted:

If you pay attention to her dialogue she changes her story subtly. its been a minute so I forget the details, but she changes her version of the timelines i think, and a couple other inconsistencies.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Pellisworth posted:

Nah that's pretty much the point of the Witcher. It was a cool enough story you care about the outcome, even though there's no loot reward or any "tangible" difference to loading an earlier save so you get a better ending.

Yeah tangible reward be damned I want to go back with the power of hindsight and see how obvious the clues really were. At the time things seemed totally aboveboard: a poor pitiable woman who got rather badly screwed and just wants a way out.

I guess part of it was I wasn't really expecting the possibility of variable results in a minor side quest--not too familiar with the Witcher games at all--but the other part was probably that I'm really easy to emotionally manipulate and a bad lie detector IRL :v:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Azazell0 posted:

That's the biggest thing in the main game I'm angry about - that I was completely fooled and didn't suspect a thing was wrong.

What's cool is that not everyone in the game is trying to deceive you, so sometimes you'll do a quest where you think someone's trying to pull one over you, so you pre-emptively gently caress them over, but then it turns out that they were on the level after all and it is you who should feel bad.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
I think I got the best ending I could for Blood & Wine.

Syanna and Anna both survived and reconciled, but we had to put Detlaff into the ground. I've read the books and always thought the Curse of the Black Sun was a tidy little piece of bullshit, a real self-fulfilling prophecy, but I wasn't totally sure about Syanna until one little moment. When the beanstalk bursts out of the ground and knocks Geralt back, she comes running over immediately to make sure Geralt's all right, and that's just not the mark of a genuinely cruel-intentioned person. As always, it's great how you can rely on all these little details in these games.

Didn't tell Anna or Damien about the fifth victim. Risky, but I guess I really wanted to believe in Syanna.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

If you pay attention to her dialogue she changes her story subtly. its been a minute so I forget the details, but she changes her version of the timelines i think, and a couple other inconsistencies.

I remember that at one point she says she stood on the island's shore and wept with grief every night, after saying she was unable to leave the tower. Got really snippy when called out on it, too.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress those dummies in that horse track.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress those dummies in that horse track.

Agreed!

Is there a good way to get lots of the stuff needed to craft grandmaster gear, the enhanced dimertirium and what not as it costs a fortune and I want that gear.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ainsley McTree posted:

What's cool is that not everyone in the game is trying to deceive you, so sometimes you'll do a quest where you think someone's trying to pull one over you, so you pre-emptively gently caress them over, but then it turns out that they were on the level after all and it is you who should feel bad.
I remember in Hearts of Stone there's a monster hunt quest that leads through an incredibly creepy almost-abandoned village with a single old couple living in it. I was certain they were some horrible monsters in disguise so I interrogated them and examined every inch of abandoned buildings, finding absolutely nothing. It turned out they were just there and the culprit was some completely unrelated monsters nearby.

Unless I missed something.

StoneOfShame posted:

Agreed!

Is there a good way to get lots of the stuff needed to craft grandmaster gear, the enhanced dimertirium and what not as it costs a fortune and I want that gear.
Look in the crafting materials section, all of the components are either craftable there or obtainable from dismantling. (Acid extract for example comes from dismantling parts of the new plant monsters.)

I eventually did have to buy a couple plates because I didn't have enough gold and copper nuggets, since those are new materials only found in Blood and Wine caves.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 2, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Sindai posted:

I remember in Hearts of Stone there's a monster hunt quest that leads through an incredibly creepy almost-abandoned village with a single old couple living in it. I was certain they were some horrible monsters in disguise so I interrogated them and examined every inch of abandoned buildings, finding absolutely nothing. It turned out they were just there and the culprit was some completely unrelated monsters nearby.

lol YEP

check in their basement/cellar

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

Sindai posted:

Oh boy.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Sindai posted:

You did.

They're cannibals and you can find a hidden cellar with the halfling's dismembered corpse on a table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Pellisworth posted:

lol YEP

check in their basement/cellar

gently caress, i missed that as well and thought i'd searched around everything