Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I love it when a scam comes together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Derek in hiding at the Florida Embassy, scratching out legal threats in the wall.

It's hard to tell though because the Florida Embassy is just an old repurposed campground bathroom stall, so he might either be on the lam or have eaten some bad gator.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

:vince:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

If you watch the teaser video in that link, they cleary showed off procedural planets, EVA, mining, spaceships, cargo, base-building, derelict ships, and jump points. And that was from almost 2 years ago. I'm sure the game is pretty much finished by now.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ion: Star Citizen with $140,000,000 less cash reserves

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Looks like he changed it. So now it's an "opinion". So it looks like I can go back to NC then?

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Gravity_Storm posted:

You don't mine for soil is just loving THERE. What is this game

It's Minecraft. This guy wants to play Minecraft in his fully realized space simulator/first person shooter/MMO.

Also: This thread is amazing and I'm now obsessed with Star Citizen news. Thanks for nothing, fellow goons.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

peter gabriel posted:

So is Derek a fugitive of the law like the A Team?

"2 years ago a crack Commando unit wad banned from the RSI forums for a crime they didn't commit. These men got refunded from the game and went to the Something Awful Forums. Today, still wanted by Crobberts, they survive as shitposters of fortune. If you have a problem, and they haven't blocked you on twitter, maybe you can hire the S-Team."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol at the angry red downvote counter

you upvote crazy in this game facebook grandma, try to keep up.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Looks like he changed it. So now it's an "opinion". So it looks like I can go back to NC then?

Not a lawyer, but I don't think you can say whatever you like about someone and then just add "in my opinion" as some sort of legal prophylactic. Might be worth running that past Leagle.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

That is one complete manufactured piece of asscovering. I would bet an Idris right now that there is communication between Jester and Assfister that he needed to go and add that so that they could attempt to avoid any liability. Assfister has never once gone back on any of his comments and made such a spontaneous correction out of the blue like that before. Not ever. He was pressured from Jester and was more than likely forced to make that change. gently caress everything about those people.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Not a lawyer, but I don't think you can say whatever you like about someone and then just add "in my opinion" as some sort of legal prophylactic. Might be worth running that past Leagle.

You are very much correct about that. And if you can prove that the correction was made by collusion to avoid that then Player 2 has now entered the liability game.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sunswipe posted:

welcome to the post-facts world, everything is an opinion now

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

peter gabriel posted:

In July 2015, a lone commando was forcefully refunded for a blog he wrote. This man promptly escaped from North Carolina to the Florida underground. Today, still vilified by the Shitizens, he survives as an Internet Warlord. If you need a refund and no one else can help, say his name three times and maybe you can hire... Derek Smart.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Commando's why are all the community managers doing to Pax?

Are they actually doing anything related to the game, or just taking another backer paid nerd trip

I find it funny that just a few weeks ago it was 20 hour days community management is hard work everyone !

But they can just up and leave whenever and no one would even notice

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sunswipe posted:

You're correct. The "opinion" tag is for subjective statements, such as "Star Citizen is a janky piece of unfun poo poo" or "Chris Roberts looks like a human thumb."

Objective statements can't be opinions. "In my opinion, you hosed your mother." and "In my opinion, New York City does not exist." That poo poo doesn't fly unless you're president. Otherwise it's considered a declaration of fact and is subject to libel/defamation etc. if false.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

You're correct. The "opinion" tag is for subjective statements, such as "Star Citizen is a janky piece of unfun poo poo" or "Chris Roberts looks like a human thumb."

Objective statements can't be opinions. "In my opinion, you hosed your mother." and "In my opinion, New York City does not exist." That poo poo doesn't fly unless you're president. Otherwise it's considered a declaration of fact and is subject to libel/defamation etc. if false.

DING DING DING! Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

In my opinion, this is a good thread.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

In my opinion, this is a good thread.

This guy gets it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CaptainFuture10/status/839164444567560195

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hav posted:

04/17/2017 08:30 AM Courtroom 404, Fairbanks Courthouse

Honorable Douglas 'Nonce-burner' Blankenship, presiding.

Edit: 4 x Sex Abuse Minor 1-Penetr Under 18, 1 x Sex Abuse Minor 2- Contact

Wait, I'm very confused by legalese. Does this actually mean 4x this:

quote:

(2) being 18 years of age or older, the offender engages in sexual penetration with a person who is under 18 years of age, and the offender is the victim's natural parent, stepparent, adopted parent, or legal guardian;
As in, wtf is wrong with these people.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:allears::dreams:

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

A child trying to make a spaceship fly by moving his arms is pretty apt tbf.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Virtual Captain posted:

The cringe factor on this week's Citizen of the Stars was not too crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_79FwcA40

It's insane that they have to highlight community activity because nothing is going on with the game making side of things. You can only re-factor ships for so long.

Question is, how long can the highlight community activity until they accidentally endorse yet another paedo?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Strawman posted:

A child trying to make a spaceship fly by moving his arms is pretty apt tbf.

Insert Crobbers on the coin operated space ship while Ben shovels gold coins to keep it running.gif

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hav posted:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170417T0830&p0=81&msg=Fuzzy+Modem%27s+trial&font=cursive

Note that they shift the court dates around quite a bit, he's already had four scheduled trials moved.

Thankyou for this beautiful use of a countdown timer, the morbid side of me loves poo poo like this :D

Star Citizen: Shitposters of fortune.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 7, 2017

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

SQ42: Never came with it

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

DapperDon posted:

That is one complete manufactured piece of asscovering. I would bet an Idris right now that there is communication between Jester and Assfister that he needed to go and add that so that they could attempt to avoid any liability. Assfister has never once gone back on any of his comments and made such a spontaneous correction out of the blue like that before. Not ever. He was pressured from Jester and was more than likely forced to make that change. gently caress everything about those people.
I think Jester was the mod who gave tacit endorsement to Mathilda (Karl) calling for /r/dereksmart people to contact Dereks' wife and kid directly.

Dude's a piece of poo poo.

And he shouldn't have robbed all of those retirement homes. In my opinion.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

Scruffpuff posted:

It could simply be that the person doesn't know much about statement development.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Wuxi posted:

Wait, I'm very confused by legalese. Does this actually mean 4x this:

As in, wtf is wrong with these people.

Sadly most rape and other abuse of minors/people who can't defend them self is being done to them by people they know. The sickening and heartbreaking truth of abuse.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/15769-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

Glad all three are there. What a loving fiasco, setting up on bailing on the livestreams.

If only they could show engagingly fun gameplay.

But I guess guys and girls making 3D models is a safer thing to show.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

:grin:

peter gabriel posted:

:perfect: :five::five::five::five:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 7, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

:golfclap:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:vince:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Star Citizen Interview – A Game As Infinite As The Universe Itself

quote:

Q: Do you think there’s a possibility that Star Citizen eventually shows up on consoles after all?
A: Right now, we’re very focused on delivering this on PC. But could it be on the consoles? Why not? We’ll look to see what makes the most sense in the future, and how exactly we can do that.

That time back in Oct 2016 when I said...

Then followed up with this blog in Dec 2016.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Michaellaneous posted:

"incredibly easy"

Coming up with these ideas is near impossible.

The code to make it actually happen? Pfft! Simple. Even an idiot who barely knows how to use a computer can do it. Just got to layer the code on the ideas, friend!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Good job Nostradumbass, no one could have predicted that a company that loves money would want their game available to the largest install base.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Good job Nostradumbass, no one could have predicted that a company that loves money would want their game available to the largest install base.

It's funny in the context of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhsgiliheP0

The hand waving the backers will be doing will be off the scale :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I was just reading an article on the game Super Hot , and how they went into making the VR version

They started off with the intention of building off the existing game and making it VR compatible they quickly realized it wouldn't work and had to rebuild the entire game from scratch , purely for VR

I laughed a little remembering how Chris was just going to flick the VR switch and bam landing successful