Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*dodges a football*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

feedmegin posted:

Hello hi former phimosis-haver here and I did indeed get medically circumcised for it at the age of 13.

I do not recommend the several months of agonising recovery while your wang looks like raw beef.

Edit: and his gf can forget about sex for like three more months after the op, too, obvs.

they're already not having penetrative sex. she's probably gonna be okay waiting for three more months, but probably not with waiting forever. :\

sucks about the recovery on the surgery, though. oof.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

A threesome is just a very brief open relationship, of course it's still a bad idea

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
r/relationships: I am IRISH!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah but two of these are way, way more optional than the others

death penalty for text-drivers tho

What's non-optional about driving tired? Take goddamn nap and get some caffeine/coke/meth.

nerd plus rage posted:

r/relationships: I am IRISH!

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 7, 2017

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

let's not pretend most people can handle monogamy, either

boner confessor posted:

tons of people struggle with monogamy also

the problem isn't the social structure of loving relationships and clamping down on those, but rather than most people have no idea what they want and just sort of mumble through life

people who really know what they want and what they're after either settle down into happy monogamy, or they join some discreet swinger's club or weird sex tryst group for grown ups who can handle weird loving relations without crying to reddit about how confused and emotional they got when they watched their wife suck another man's dick

I agree, it's people either not knowing what they want or not being ready for that kind of commitment. I'm just saying a vast majority of people are more suited to strict monogamy than anything else. I would also note that being capable of handling a threesome, open relationship or anything of the sort while maintaining any sort of long term partner doesn't make you more mature either, it's just different.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

What's non-optional about driving tired? Take goddamn nap and get some caffeine/coke/meth.

some people have jobs, family, or other significant life commitments where others are counting on them actually being somewhere, and cannot simply do whatever whenever they feel like it or put it off indefinitely as the mood strikes them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

some people have jobs, family, or other significant life commitments, and cannot simply do whatever whenever they feel like it or put it off indefinitely as the mood strikes them

What losers

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

some people have jobs, family, or other significant life commitments where others are counting on them actually being somewhere, and cannot simply do whatever whenever they feel like it or put it off indefinitely as the mood strikes them

Maybe they should plan better.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nazzadan posted:

Basically my only interests include drinking and gambling. I literally go to work, come home, drink, and hope to win money on horses or whatever. I don't feel like making friends, I ignore the phone when it rings, I have no opinion on anything and everything I look at makes me sick. I know people on all kinds of ends of the spectrum from crusty punks and hitchikers and then people my age that are going to university to become doctors and I can't help but think that they are all morons and that whatever their ideology is, I know better. I don't want to relate to anybody as I have no interests, and my entire view towards other people is just "get away from me"
tldr: Is there something wrong with me?
All this leads me to this trouble Ive been expereiencing with my network card -- I am unable to find the drivers for it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Ouhei posted:

I agree, it's people either not knowing what they want or not being ready for that kind of commitment. I'm just saying a vast majority of people are more suited to strict monogamy than anything else. I would also note that being capable of handling a threesome, open relationship or anything of the sort while maintaining any sort of long term partner doesn't make you more mature either, it's just different.

I'm going to live in a Southeast Asian country to find my next wife. Somewhere so far from American television or anything glamorizing infidelity. I should've seen the warning signs after picking up my ex's copy of Wicked. Just skimming through it I saw at least two scenes with infidelity with some kind of goblin or something. I think part of the situation is just plain curiosity over a repeating theme in stories, movies, television. I'm not serious about living in Southeast Asia but I don't know what to do as an alternative. I feel poisoned too. Anyway yeah I'm being serious and this isn't e/n. Sorry.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

Maybe they should plan better.

Uh oh, you had a rough night sleeping! Your alarm clock is ringing and you have to be up for work and you're feeling dead tired!

Do you

a) Go to work and avoid driving while impaired

b) Call out and potentially lose your job

?

Trick question, the answer is we need robot cars.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
c) Take a bus or a taxi or get a ride because it is unsafe for you to drive?

And yeah, it's kind of a shame that we as a society invented cars before we invented the technology to drive them automatically. Humans have no business doing it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

A bus is lol, it takes 2-3 hours to get anywhere because that's the state of public transport in most of America and you need to be at work in 30.

A taxi is also lol for that reason. An Uber might get you there but what you're gonna spend $10+ to work a shift that pays you $90 before taxes every time you have a rough night sleeping? Then you gotta pay to get home as well.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

I dunno what people are talking about with regards to circumcision recovery.

I got medically circumcised for phimosis 2 years ago at the age of 19, and it took about a week for it to heal; about 2-3 weeks before all the stitches came out.

The whole process barely hurt at all, apart from morning wood being uncomfortable; and I'm not saying this to brag about my pain tolerance, I'm usually a massive wuss when it comes to pain.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

And yeah, it's kind of a shame that we as a society invented cars before we invented the technology to drive them automatically. Humans have no business doing it.

Self driving cars will never be a a thing. Better off waiting for an overhaul of american public transit.

Moridin920 posted:

A bus is lol, it takes 2-3 hours to get anywhere because that's the state of public transport in most of America and you need to be at work in 30.

A taxi is also lol for that reason. An Uber might get you there but what you're gonna spend $10+ to work a shift that pays you $90 before taxes every time you have a rough night sleeping? Then you gotta pay to get home as well.

Uber is just taxis

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

lots of people take the bus, no matter how long it takes to get anywhere. sometimes you just gotta accept your commute to the other side of town is going to take two and a half hours.

i agree that it's not a very good option for anyone, though. we need a healthier work/life balance in this country, and a lot more emphasis on sleep.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wanna read about a real winner?

[26, F] My fiancé [27, M] wants me to act whipped in front of his friends. I'm thinking about calling off the wedding.

quote:

I'll try to keep this short. I'm a single mother, had my son at 20 and met my current fiancé at 23 and we got engaged in December and planned a spring wedding for the end of this month.

So I am aware how most men feel about single moms, and my fiancé has been very good to both me and my son and I've been very appreciative of it. I have already taken a kind of wife like role for him. I cook for him a lot, I do his laundry, I keep his home clean, etc. That fact of that makes what he said to me even worse and more offensive to me.

Long story short, he asked me if we could have serious talk about things. I said of course and he said we needed this since we are going to be inviting his family and some of his friends up (he's from a town about 3 hours away) and it will be the first time some of them have met me. So he asked me if I know about how there is a stigma about guys who marry a single mother and raise her kid. I said no. He said that a lot of guys think guys who do that are pathetic and stuff and that some of his buddies had made some jokes about it with him. He said it was just light ribbing but it kind of bothered him. So I thought he just wanted support and I was going to try and give it to him but he told me it wasn't that. He wanted me to really act like he's the man of the house and the boss around his friends.

I didn't know exactly what he meant so I asked and he basically said if he tells me to do anything that he wants me to do it immediately. He then literally said he wants it to look like he keeps me on a tight leash.

I got really really offended and hurt when he said this and apparently he didn't expect it because he was saying he didn't see why it was such a big deal. I told him all the stuff I already do for him. We've lived together over a year and this man has literally not done any housework since. I take care of it all for him. I already treat him well and show him gratitude and my love for him. But because Incame with a son it's not enough. He also wants me to let him treat me like poo poo so he looks cool to his friends. And he wants to do it in the days leading up to our wedding no less. He had never made a big deal before about my son. They get along well and my son loves him and already thinks of him as his dad. So I have been crying and just feeling terrible the last few hours about this. I told my fiancé I would never act like that for his friends and that the fact that he even asked is the shittiest thing he's ever done to me.

Now I'm just not sure about everything. I am hoping you all can calm me down and tell me this is just some idiotic guy thing and not a big deal. I do love this man and my son loves him and I was so excited to be marrying him. I really don't want things to change but I think now I don't want it so soon. Like I can't see these guys so soon after this. Maybe a postponement? And for what it's worth my fiancé has apologized but it was mostly hair him rationalizing it to me.

TL;DR:
-I'm a single mother and engaged
my fiancé said he has a stigma because he's marry me and wants me to act whipped and obedient to him in front of his friends so he doesn't look bad.
I'm considering calling off or postponing at least the wedding.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

lots of people take the bus, no matter how long it takes to get anywhere. sometimes you just gotta accept your commute to the other side of town is going to take two and a half hours.

Bro that's fine but it's different when you wake up and only have 30 mins to get to work. You can't just go "well I'm too tired to drive today, guess I'll take the bus" and show up 2 hours late to your shift with the excuse of "well I didn't sleep well so I took the bus instead of driving." That would get your rear end poo poo canned in most service jobs.

All I'm saying is that saying everyone who drives tired is the same as someone who drives drunk because the impairment exists and they should know better is great if you're well off but that doesn't mean squat to someone on the grind working 2 jobs who is basically always tired anyway. It's dumb to lump those people in with drunk drivers imo.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Uber is just taxis

Yeah I just mean in the sense of last time I called a taxi company they took an hour to show up and Uber gets there in like 5-10 minutes most of the time.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
At least she has the right instinct. Just needs to be more certain of herself and :sever:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think some of the shittiest things I've ever seen people do were to impress members of the same sex even when it was totally unnecessary and counterproductive.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Elsa posted:

I'm going to live in a Southeast Asian country to find my next wife. Somewhere so far from American television or anything glamorizing infidelity. I should've seen the warning signs after picking up my ex's copy of Wicked. Just skimming through it I saw at least two scenes with infidelity with some kind of goblin or something. I think part of the situation is just plain curiosity over a repeating theme in stories, movies, television. I'm not serious about living in Southeast Asia but I don't know what to do as an alternative. I feel poisoned too. Anyway yeah I'm being serious and this isn't e/n. Sorry.

The gently caress you even talking about

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That guy and his friends sound like douchebags.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Lockback posted:

Wanna read about a real winner?

[26, F] My fiancé [27, M] wants me to act whipped in front of his friends. I'm thinking about calling off the wedding.

this guy's going to hold her kid over her head for the rest of their lives, lol, :sever: from this garbage man

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

He said that a lot of guys think guys who do that are pathetic and stuff and that some of his buddies had made some jokes about it with him. He said it was just light ribbing but it kind of bothered him.

I like how his justification for this is, "I am exactly the little bitch they called me so now you have to help me prove I'm not."

Choco Happy Ending
Mar 16, 2009

Mmmmfffppphggghhg

Adam Vegas posted:

I dunno what people are talking about with regards to circumcision recovery.

I got medically circumcised for phimosis 2 years ago at the age of 19, and it took about a week for it to heal; about 2-3 weeks before all the stitches came out.

The whole process barely hurt at all, apart from morning wood being uncomfortable; and I'm not saying this to brag about my pain tolerance, I'm usually a massive wuss when it comes to pain.

There are different procedures with varying recovery times.
Also you have to be careful not to start jerking it too soon or your dick is going to turn into a pressure relief valve.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
lmao if you raise the child of a stranger and don't devour your girlfriend's cubs like a lion or polar bear

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
imo on the way out, single mother should tell his mom why she's leaving him

get the fucker in trouble

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

purple death ray posted:

The gently caress you even talking about

Nothing, it's dumb.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Okay that's not true. I feel like it's easier to be willing to forgive it than hope there's a possibility it won't happen. It's just so drat everywhere and I've seen it happen all the drat time.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Elsa posted:

Okay that's not true. I feel like it's easier to be willing to forgive it than hope there's a possibility it won't happen. It's just so drat everywhere and I've seen it happen all the drat time.

just share the story already

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I don't have cable (Netflix/Hulu/YouTube instead) so maybe I'm out of the loop but I feel like if you think you have to run away to SE Asia to escape "American media's glamorization of infidelity" then you're hella projecting fam.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

no don't

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Mirthless posted:

No don't. Post it to reddit and then share it here, come on.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Mirthless posted:

The story. Chyeah

Yeah I'm open to the possibility I'm projecting too.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Elsa stop posting in this thread and get therapy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I foudn it, this is the story

This dude [29M] creeps me [23F] out but he hasn't specifically harmed me. Am I overreacting, and if not, how do I tell him to back off?

quote:

So a while ago I met this guy at my college dorm area. We chatted for a while. We bonded over being fellow oldies on campus and he told me he had a girlfriend, and then she called him and he put her on speakerphone (WTF in retrospect), but at the time I was thought that since he already had a girlfriend, we could just be friends and there would be no mixed signals or anything, which is good because I am 100% not interested in a relationship (am gay).

So we chatted a couple more times and then a few weeks back he runs into me at the cafeteria and asks if I want to go downtown to hang out. I say sure. We take the bus, chatting all the way there, and when we finally get there, he says that we are going to go to the dildo store. They were hosting an event at the dildo store which he called "a scene". In horror, I asked if this meant that strangers would be loving in front of us. He said, no, it would just be stuff like "'pick up that mail with your teeth' 'yes mistress', it'll be kinky". [Note: he assumed I was straight at the time and asked if I had a boyfriend, no idea why he thought I'd want to watch a "scene" involving two women.]

D/s stuff is completely repugnant to me and I would rather break a bone than even watch it, and I tell him so, and he tries to cajole me into it but I say no. Then we keep chatting because at the time I'm in a mindset that it's just a misunderstanding and I'm being unreasonable, and only after getting home do I realize that, I mean, who the hell just assumes someone else wants to go to the dildo store without even asking first? A part of me thinks it wasn't a mistake, and this was his idea of hitting on me.

At first I think all this is completely hilarious. Then I discover more things about this guy, mostly from Facebook and text messages, such as:

• He regularly posts angry political tirades, such as one which consisted of the words "gently caress THE POLICE gently caress THE POLICE gently caress THE POLICE" written 126 times.

• He is a brony.

• He wrote a thesis on bronyism.

• He made a tumblr, and printed out a bunch of fliers advertising his tumblr, and is posting them on bus stops around campus. Said fliers involve one of the MLP ponies displaying her butt in a sexual way.

• Apparently he has gotten in trouble for vandalizing campus aside from that, which he considers to be "censorship", which he foams at the mouth about.

• He once posted a piece of a paper he wrote, which was him reminiscing about Strawberry Shortcake, which said stuff like "I remember the sexualization of children", and to that end he added a helpful image of Deviant Art Strawberry Shortcake cheesecake in his assignment.

So, like... I don't know. I'm not really conveying this very well but I have such a bad feeling about this guy. I keep running into him, too.

Here is my problem: 1) he thinks he is my friend (or possibly more, based on this dildo affair) and sometimes tries to contact me. So far, I have ignored him. However,

2) I originally met him in the dorm common areas, and he is hanging around there all the time. "Ignoring him" mostly means being confined to my room and not meeting anybody for fear of running into him again.

So my dilemma is, do I politely tell this guy that I don't want to be his friend, and is it fair to even do that when he hasn't, like, done anything wrong, really? Am I overreacting or is he creepy?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
How about contributing instead of posting about other people not posting or being weirdos.

And I've had therapy this is me after therapy.

I'm fine just let it happen.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I know a girl who literally has panic spirals and anxiety attacks from seeing memes implying that people cheat on each other and she super needs therapy so you probably do too with whatever the hell you're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Elsa posted:

How about contributing instead of posting about other people not posting or being weirdos.

And I've had therapy this is me after therapy.

I'm fine just let it happen.

Then why did you post about you if you didn't want this.