Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Theres quite a few gpose screenshot posters in here. You all might enjoy this

https://www.mooglemedia.com/simple-gpose-studio/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
HW PLD is basically Highlander, except There Can Be Only One Super Paladin. It is as stupid as it sounds and gets pointed out in another job questline.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

HenryEx posted:

I did not expect the paladin job quest to turn into an episode of Highlander.

I'm still confused about that whole thing. Does that mean There Can Be Only One? What was the point of the elf boy? Was he raised just to be fed to the WoL?

The PLD questline is astonishing in how lame it is, but at least the lvl 60 quest is funny

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The 60-70 PLD quests are better at least. Not great, but better.

You finally get to gladiate!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I appreciate that for 60-70 they just stopped trying to write a paladin story and let you be a cool and fun gladiator again.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I just leveled AST to 50 and I kind of want to pile drive Jannequinard into the pavement.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

SettingSun posted:

I just leveled AST to 50 and I kind of want to pile drive Jannequinard into the pavement.

I know right, isn't he great?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nice

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The worst part about divorcing skills from job quests is that Jannequinard's awful puns regarding the skill you used to get a few seconds later lose their context.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

I know this is a meme but that desynth allocation still makes me twitch. Someone made some bad decisions.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

jalapeno_dude posted:

I know this is a meme but that desynth allocation still makes me twitch. Someone made some bad decisions.

This is actually similar to how my synth allocations look. I raised CUL because of fishing, and LTW/GSM out of convenience. Can you tell me what's wrong and what I can do differently?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

jalapeno_dude posted:

There are a lot of bad decisions in that screenshot but I cannot fault somebody for manically blowing up every fish that comes into their possession.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Manderville family is just the heartwarming nonsense I needed after the end of Heavensward.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I have something similar, CUL because of millions of fish, GSM because it's easy to level (desynth the thousands of primal ex rings you get during your tank mount farm, and most shiva drops are GSM), and BSM, uh.... because i hate myself. drat, that's a pain to level.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I really do wish that they stopped putting anything worthwhile aside from the occasional materia into the fish desynth pools post ARR. Like, at least give us a reason for CUL desynth to exist if it's going to exist.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

With the looming patch, is it worth it for me to grind out Creations to the weekly cap tonight? I procrastinated over the weekend to level RDM (which I am loving) and neglected my PLD.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rosalind posted:

With the looming patch, is it worth it for me to grind out Creations to the weekly cap tonight? I procrastinated over the weekend to level RDM (which I am loving) and neglected my PLD.

I wouldn't say so. If you want to gear them up just grind Omega for parts instead. They won't be as good but honestly 330 vs 340 isn't going to be a huge difference unless you're rushing right into the next savage raid anyway.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Note Block posted:

This is actually similar to how my synth allocations look. I raised CUL because of fishing, and LTW/GSM out of convenience. Can you tell me what's wrong and what I can do differently?

I think the image is bad because it has four levelled desynth classes, not necessarily what classes themselves. They won be able to desynth anything high level with 4 skills.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

ImpAtom posted:

I wouldn't say so. If you want to gear them up just grind Omega for parts instead. They won't be as good but honestly 330 vs 340 isn't going to be a huge difference unless you're rushing right into the next savage raid anyway.

I'm glad to hear it. I'm pretty sick of Skalla at this point.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Note Block posted:

I was mostly referring to the fact that they have four of them levelled so will need to reset one. LTW/GSM are definitely the way to go for turning dungeon drops/the random equipment your retainers bring you into gil.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think the image is bad because it has four levelled desynth classes, not necessarily what classes themselves. They won be able to desynth anything high level with 4 skills.

You can reset a desynth skill to one with an <X> for Beginners book, which you learn from Master Alchemist II book. It's kind of a hassle but at least you aren't entirely stuck.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Why is this image so blurry. It's almost like it's vibrating up and down.

I swear to god I had to right-click open image in new tab to check the file extension to make sure there wasn't some gif shenanigans going on.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Rosalind posted:

Up to you. New crafted sets are almost guaranteed to use creation bought materials, so having a capped amount will be good for getting in on it while things are expensive, either for you to sell or save money on getting your stuff made. But otoh, they're going to be the new mass reward tomestone, so Rabanastre will reward 100 every run, and huge increases in what you get out of your roulettes and other duties, like Sigmascape, which you'll likely be running a lot anyway.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
On the gripping hand, Verity capping may be easier for you to accomplish at this time, since Verity will convert to Creation at a 4:1 rate.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SettingSun posted:

But he actually does something in the Level 50 quest.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"So, Urianger, how did you manage to do it? How did you devise a counter to Fordola?"

"I just made a vibrating stick and hoped for the best."

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

jalapeno_dude posted:

I was mostly referring to the fact that they have four of them levelled so will need to reset one. LTW/GSM are definitely the way to go for turning dungeon drops/the random equipment your retainers bring you into gil.

Thanks, both of you! I didn't know about this at all, haha.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Thundarr posted:

The worst part about divorcing skills from job quests is that Jannequinard's awful puns regarding the skill you used to get a few seconds later lose their context.

Honestly one of my favorite ones is when you learn Malefic II he’s like “huh, why do you seem so annoyed we didn’t teach you about this earlier” because it was a good summary of how I felt

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ImpAtom posted:

savage raiders will be in crafted/sigmascape normal gear. this tiers gear doesn't matter ever again after the patch at the end of the month.

edit - except for looks. so don't buy gear because you think you "need" it right now because there is zero pressing need. get whatever you like.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

savage raiders will be in crafted/sigmascape normal gear. this tiers gear doesn't matter ever again after the patch at the end of the month.

edit - except for looks. so don't buy gear because you think you "need" it right now because there is zero pressing need. get whatever you like.

If you're rushing in you'll be in 340 bis and picking up pieces as your crafters crank them out.

My group isn't going ultra hard, but we'll still be expecting to clear at least the first two fights in 340 gear, maybe the third on day one, depends on how rough the new gear is to make.

Final turn will be full crafted, though.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Evil McVillain: "Come, why don't you join me?!"
Hero: "Yeah ok"
Evil McVillain: "LOL as if you'd ever. LET'S B ATTLE

:what:
Dude, why even ask at that point.

As an aside: I forgot how much fun it is to tank against DDs / healers that are 25 ilvls above you. I actually had to use my butcher's block combo like once or twice! It's been forever since i used that. And the SCH took me pulling 3 packs in my puny i285 gear like a champ.

Also: when the hell can i finally trade in all these tokens i got?!? I got thousands of these verity tokens and noone to turn them in to. :mad:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FaintlyQuaint posted:

If you're rushing in you'll be in 340 bis and picking up pieces as your crafters crank them out.

My group isn't going ultra hard, but we'll still be expecting to clear at least the first two fights in 340 gear, maybe the third on day one, depends on how rough the new gear is to make.

Final turn will be full crafted, though.

I'll be full crafted day 1 outside of a helmet and feet from sigmascape normal unless mats are onerously difficult to get. there are goon crafters out there that will be able to make new poo poo right away.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

HenryEx posted:

"I accept you."
"way too late for you to join me bro"
"Dude what? That's not what you asked. I accept you. I accept that I have to kill you."

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

drat, that was quite the trailer. I guess I'm gonna have to finally resub to this dumb game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HenryEx posted:

:what:
Dude, why even ask at that point.

Because villains like to hear themselves talk.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Really hoping the new raid gear is glamour worthy. Just really hoping it's not samurai-chic again.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'll be full crafted day 1 outside of a helmet and feet from sigmascape normal unless mats are onerously difficult to get. there are goon crafters out there that will be able to make new poo poo right away.

Do you mean hands and feet? Looking at the Deltascape list it looks like that's possible week 1 (2x pedal from 1 and 2, 2x crank from 3 and 4), but not head and feet (helmet requires 2x lens from 2 and 3).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

jalapeno_dude posted:

Do you mean hands and feet? Looking at the Deltascape list it looks like that's possible week 1 (2x pedal from 1 and 2, 2x crank from 3 and 4), but not head and feet (helmet requires 2x lens from 2 and 3).

yeah whatever works out. the two leftside pieces I can get week 1 I'll get asap and I'll spend the rest of the day with crafters getting poo poo crafted before the end of the night.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Brainamp posted:

Really hoping the new raid gear is glamour worthy. Just really hoping it's not samurai-chic again.

They show off some of the gear in the live letter. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/220103997 Go to 2:40:40 to see the start of the images.

It looks like he shows off two tiers of sets. The first of which sure looks like it could be called diamond, and doesn't look samurai style. The second is reddish and kinda does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Wait what is this desynth allocation thing? Did I screw myself over by trying to desynth everything? :ohdear: