Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Don't bring UYD into this poo poo heap ok

Considering Rogan has to talk for 3-9 hours per week, a lot of poo poo gets said and people get bored hearing the same things over and over. Listen when you want to, skip when you don't like a guest. No big deal man, just good vibes and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I want to find out what a geomythologist is, but I don't want to have to spend three hours in the car repeating "that isn't how rocks work" in my mind, so please summarize the Randall Carlson episode

Keg fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 3, 2015

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
The idea that there's just these rocks lying around, for millions of years, then someone figures out a way study these stones and find out what poo poo's been going down through the ages.

Edit: I haven't listened to the episode. I'm one of these people that dips in occasionally for particularly interesting guests now. It doesn't help that I can't listen to my iPod at work any more, but I think not listening to every single episode is for the best.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I came across this not too long ago after hearing the first Randall Carlson episode:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140513113605.htm
P much his nanodiamond theories don't work. I'm not edumacationed enough to have a relevant opinion on it but there it is.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

dhrusis posted:

I loved his latest special.. I guess I'm a mouth breather, so what is good comedy these days? Bill Burr? Ill check him out, in the meantime let's keep hating Rogan in this dedicated thread

Listen to Burr's latest special, it's on NetFlix. If you don't like it, that's fine, but you'll be the first person I've met that doesn't like it.

Rogan's podcast is great sometimes but his stand up is kinda "meh", but that's really no criticism of his sense of humor.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
I just heard of some podcast called "The Dollop" and the one about John Lilly is amazing.

It's like this thread's opinion personified.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I ran out of poo poo to listen to and decided to listen to the Randall Carlson episode out of morbid curiosity, and he doesn't know how rocks work. He doesn't even know what uniformitarianism actually is, which you learn immediately after being given the syllabus of every single freshman-level geology course on earth.

Keg fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 9, 2015

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Keg posted:

I ran out of poo poo to listen to and decided to listen to the Randall Carlson episode out of morbid curiosity, and he doesn't know how rocks work. He doesn't even know what uniformitarianism actually is, which you learn immediately after being given the syllabus of every single freshman-level geology course on earth.

Enjoy every other Rogan guest if you have a remedial understanding of the topic at hand, excepting of course fighters because Rogan is smart about that.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
To be honest, the best part of the episode is Rogan acting like a guy talking about a well known and frequently discussed hypothesis for cooling in the Younger Dryas (in circles of people who study that sort of thing) is some kind of renegade in a fight against The Man.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
What i'd like to know is when was the last time Joe used the term 'Gorilla gently caress' on his podcast, and why he has stopped saying it?

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I think Rhonda Patrick's husband is a goon.

Jort Fortress
Mar 3, 2005

drat, Joe gets someone as respected as Brian Cox but won't shut up for two minutes to let him speak. Joe in this ep is what Redban is to any other episode.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Billy Corben was an awful guest who couldn't stop changing topics/stop talking in general. Felt like he was trying to make 1,000 points and hardly talked about any of the stuff in his documentaries (maybe he did later, I tapped out at about an hour and a half). The Justin Wren podcast was very good however. Talked a little bit about MMA but more about Congo and it was just an interesting listen all around. Joe Schilling's episode was also very good for those into MMA/Kickboxing. This is my infrequent JRE update. Sometimes I feel I have to warn people when a guest is really bad.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Thanks for the warning brother, I was about to download it just to hear more Miami cocaine stories as well as about The U

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Ribsauce posted:

Thanks for the warning brother, I was about to download it just to hear more Miami cocaine stories as well as about The U

Yea that's not it at all. They talk about the city of LA and then race relations in america for like the first hour and it's awful. Surprisingly the guest is the one harping on those topics and he's just really bad and annoying all around.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 14, 2015

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Billy Corbin had to be on adderall or something, that guy was hosed up, just rambling on and on.

e- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1S_qDWxmYk&t=113s

always be closing fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 14, 2015

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
He's always like that. He's been on Joey Diaz's podcast a bunch of times.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Definitely a frustrating one to listen to. They kept talking over each other the whole time.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

25 minutes into the Christopher Ryan PhD episode and they're getting into some pro eugenics and anti Darwinian evolution talk. Also he remembers being born or something. Not sure I'm gonna make it through this one.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Lmao^^

Fitzsimmons episode is good as expected. They do talk a little bit of psychedelic poo poo, but Fitzdog is second to only Diaz.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
Wow Artie Lang is hosed up.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

indoflaven posted:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I didn't think he was that bad? Awesome guest though!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I too enjoyed the Artie Lang episode

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

indoflaven posted:

He's a recovering alcoholic, cokehead, heroin addict that drank bleach and stabbed himself in the stomach. He'll always be a mess.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I liked when he said his shits sound like James Caan getting shot in the godfather

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Including the kick at the end, lmao.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Does the Brian Regan one get interesting ever? I got about an hour in and they were talking about Bluetooth forever. I was pretty excited because I always hear how great all comedians think he is.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

always be closing posted:

Including the kick at the end, lmao.

Gotta love artie

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Shane Smith posted the entire Killing Cancer episode of Vice for free on their website. Go watch it.
http://killingcancer.vice.com/

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Omglosser posted:

Shane Smith posted the entire Killing Cancer episode of Vice for free on their website. Go watch it.

Thanks for posting this! Very interesting stuff and not at all what I was expecting.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
2 hours into the Bert podcast and Brian is getting all shirty about the blue/black or white/gold dress thing with Jamie. It's painful to listen to.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Pocket Billiards posted:

2 hours into the Bert podcast and Brian is getting all shirty about the blue/black or white/gold dress thing with Jamie. It's painful to listen to.

I love it when Brian loses his poo poo when someone doesn't agree with him.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Grant DaNasty posted:

Yes, this is the best advert possible for an episode, Redban getting annoyed. I will now take time to listen (I'm very picky these days - not even Squirt Bert is an auto listen).

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haven't caught an ep live in a while, they just started broadcasting with Airy Shiyfer: http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Omglosser posted:

I watched about 10 minutes and something really bothered me. It's true that viral therapy is a promising treatment avenue for patients afflicted with various cancers but it's really inaccurate to state outright, as Shane Smith does numerous times, that this is a "cure for cancer." Cancer is many many different diseases, each incredibly complex with its own unique challenges. Even two individuals diagnosed with the same cancer, such as metastatic melanoma, have notable differences which will dictate how the patients respond to any possible treatments. This is sensationalist journalism.

onemillionzombies fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 9, 2015

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Grant DaNasty posted:

Literally 40 years old.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

onemillionzombies posted:

I watched about 10 minutes and something really bothered me. It's true that viral therapy is a promising treatment avenue for patients afflicted with various cancers but it's really inaccurate to state outright, as Shane Smith does numerous times, that this is a "cure for cancer." Cancer is many many different diseases, each incredibly complex with its own unique challenges. Even two individuals diagnosed with the same cancer, such as metastatic melanoma, have notable differences which will dictate how the patients respond to any possible treatments. This is sensationalist journalism.

That is s very sobering viewpoint. It did give me that weird "too excited" feeling which in my mind usually coincides with there being some amount of bullshit present. I think it is important to spread awareness still, mostly to garner more support/funding for this because it is so promising. I'd like to think that maybe cancer treatment one day will be as simple as manufacturing patient-specific viruses in a way that's available to most everyone. Sensationalist or not it's still important.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

-Atom- posted:

Literally 40 years old.

Huh. I had him pegged as a really immature twenty-eight or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
Saw Joey Diaz live this weekend. We had a great table in front of the bar and he was sitting right behind us watching the first 2 acts making jokes to us. loving awesome experience.

Next to Bill Burr, he's a must see.