Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really want to go digital but I haven't yet because I'm worried about what will happen after the 3ds is retired. I don't get rid of my nintendo handhelds or their games, and I want to be able to play my games.

I also don't want to truck around a handful of carts, having them all installed would be great.

I guess by the time the eshop no longer works on 3ds we can count on a good flash cart being available cheap, but I'm still on the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The final boss in Kirby triple deluxe was such a chore to fight. First fight dedede twice, now fight the constantly teleporting boss three times, now fight the boss again 5 times and now fight her again 4 times as hypernova.

Yet it was still awesome, Kirby triple deluxe was great.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Curtain Call is 20$ at Best Buy if you didnt/werent able to jump on the Fry's deal last week.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere; Virtue's Last Reward is currently 60% off (at least on the aussie eShop) for $AU15.90. If you're sitting on the fence over buying it, now's the time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Please play VLR and 999, they're real good.

Please also kidnap the people who made them and force them to make the third game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's a rumour going around based on a facebook post that was apparently quickly edited that he is making a part 3

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

forbidden lesbian posted:

Please play VLR and 999, they're real good.

Please also kidnap the people who made them and force them to make the third game.

"Hello, Chunsoft developers. You've been brought here to play a very special Nonary Game..." :unsmigghh:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere; Virtue's Last Reward is currently 60% off (at least on the aussie eShop) for $AU15.90. If you're sitting on the fence over buying it, now's the time.

Not discounted in the American store. :(

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Hello, Chunsoft developers. You've been brought here to play a very special Nonary Game..." :unsmigghh:

One can only hope. I loved the poo poo out of 999/VLR and a third is at the top of my dream game list.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
H-help! I bought Curtain Call and I can't stop playing! :gonk:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

H-help! I bought Curtain Call and I can't stop playing! :gonk:

Don't worry, it gets worse. You should unlock being able to purchase DLC tracks and party members soon enough, if you haven't already.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I get Dlc tracks, I understand that, but why would anyone ever pay to unlock a character? They don't do anything other than being a slightly different looking ugly cartoon puppet with a little different stats.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

greatn posted:

I get Dlc tracks, I understand that, but why would anyone ever pay to unlock a character? They don't do anything other than being a slightly different looking ugly cartoon puppet with a little different stats.

Well, one of them is G O D, so I couldn't excuse not buying him at least.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Got Curtain Call yesterday, and it's amazing. My ideal version of it is all FFXII characters and songs because I'm the one guy whose favourite FF is 12

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

greatn posted:

JRPG fans have creepy attachments to their favorite characters I guess

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's on sale for the UK too, which makes me laugh because I sold my physical copy last week for double what it was before the sale, hu hu.

As for fishing games I think I'm just gonna buy the one that's £3 and hope it doesn't totally blow.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Fremry posted:

Anyone else's touch screen on their New 3DS have areas that feel "rough" with the stylus? Mine is visually immaculate, but two areas have a rougher feeling when running the stylus over it.

Reposting this because I never saw an answer. Is this expected or should I get Nintendo on the phone?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just noticed this last night after I got curtain call. Don't know if it's anything to be concerned about.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Sounds weird. But if it's visually fine put a screen protector on and it will be the surface you are touching.

Any input problems?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Played through the first part of Majora's Mask and it's great. How often do games go on sale digitally compared to physical copies? Or at least has Nintendo given any incentive for buying off the eshop?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Eshop does have some good sales, but they are usually 2nd tier games. Like Etrain Odyssey's were half off digital at one point.

I can't recall if Mario or Zelda ever go on sale because face it. They don't have to.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Zelda games were on sale at one point for... something. I picked up the NES and GB/GBC games at that time, at least. That's the only time I can remember seeing them on sale at all.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

Zelda games were on sale at one point for... something. I picked up the NES and GB/GBC games at that time, at least. That's the only time I can remember seeing them on sale at all.

Yeah Seasons games were cheap it's launch week. I meant OOT and ALBW probably not going to get a good sale.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

greatn posted:

I just noticed this last night after I got curtain call. Don't know if it's anything to be concerned about.

I had the same problem with the original 3DS screen. Putting a protective screen fixed that problem. So there: Get a protective screen. There is no reason why you shouldn't.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

ALBW was on sale that time - and now that I'm recalling that sale, it was only in Europe.

So, yeah, -23% off for ALBW happened once, over here in communist Europe. So don't get your hopes up.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Fremry posted:

Reposting this because I never saw an answer. Is this expected or should I get Nintendo on the phone?

No rough areas on mine.

Also Zelda:OOT Canadian version is compatible with my NA 3DS right? Only difference I'm seeing is the language options.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Can I just get one of the older flashcarts that were built for the DS and use those for DS/GBA games? I do not and never will be using it to get 3DS anything.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TheHouseofM posted:

No rough areas on mine.

Also Zelda:OOT Canadian version is compatible with my NA 3DS right? Only difference I'm seeing is the language options.

yes, canada is part of the NA region for region locking purposes

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

epsilon posted:

Can I just get one of the older flashcarts that were built for the DS and use those for DS/GBA games? I do not and never will be using it to get 3DS anything.

I think the DSTWO does this? If not I don't think you can use the old cards because of firmware updates.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

Sounds good. I'll sit on it for a while because it's not really bothersome, and the console has a year warranty.

Bombadilillo posted:

Sounds weird. But if it's visually fine put a screen protector on and it will be the surface you are touching.

Any input problems?

There aren't any input problems at all, it just seems to be a tactile aesthetic issue.

Thanks for the responses.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

epsilon posted:

The R4i Gold will play NDS and NDS homebrew on a current firmware 3DS or New3DS.

NOT "R4i Gold Pro" or any of the many other similarly-named cards from random groups who have adopted the defunct "R4" group name.

GBA is not really an option currently. I have serious doubts about the dstwo+ as rumors purport that that it will do some things that are pretty outlandish given the current state of exploits.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

eddiewalker posted:

The R4i Gold will play NDS and NDS homebrew on a current firmware 3DS or New3DS.

NOT "R4i Gold Pro" or any of the many other similarly-named cards from random groups who have adopted the defunct "R4" group name.

GBA is not really an option currently. I have serious doubts about the dstwo+ as rumors purport that that it will do some things that are pretty outlandish given the current state of exploits.

Wouldn't it have to force the system into the Ambassador GBA mode? You can't actually do anything with the system in that mode but run your game and quit to the OS.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Crimson Harvest posted:

Wouldn't it have to force the system into the Ambassador GBA mode? You can't actually do anything with the system in that mode but run your game and quit to the OS.

The currently-unavailable dstwo had an on-cartridge processor to assist emulators. The community ran with it and made a decent SNES emulator, a passable GBA one and a few others.

No one has publicly shared a more native, non-emulated way to play GBA games.

The unreleased dstwo "plus" is rumored to be a Gateway competitor. I simply don't see how they can pull that off while retaining NDS and their emulator-plugin stuff in the same cartridge.

eddiewalker fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 1, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I mean, the CycloDS managed to implement slow motion in a DS cartridge, but I have no idea how Supercard will bring that to the 3DS.

Anyway, I don't think it's real or exists at any level. I just want a DSTWO.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

I mean, the CycloDS managed to implement slow motion in a DS cartridge, but I have no idea how Supercard will bring that to the 3DS.

Anyway, I don't think it's real or exists at any level. I just want a DSTWO.

RIP CycloDS

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone physically hold a city slicker xl case? Good build quality? I'm eying the all black one but that grizzly one looks nice.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
Now that I have a new 3ds XL I'm trying to catch up on some classic ds titles like chrono trigger and world ends with you, and I see ebay has cheap copies sealed. Are these legit or pirate copies I should stay clear of?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Skeezy posted:

RIP CycloDS

I still have mine in my DS Lite. Not sure why since I haven't booted it up in a while :3:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Bonobos posted:

Now that I have a new 3ds XL I'm trying to catch up on some classic ds titles like chrono trigger and world ends with you, and I see ebay has cheap copies sealed. Are these legit or pirate copies I should stay clear of?

Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed a sealed copy for $19. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm in the process of doing the system transfer to my new 3DS. I'm up to getting the SD cards out and transfering over my DSi stuff. Just found out my PCs built in SD card reader is not working and I have no other devices to do it.

Can I just come back to this part later or am I hosed until it's done?