Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1528869661470859264?t=2UAGx4_X7YcobmyxZD5mEA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DraftKingsNews/status/1534904614557990912

the shutdown fullcast joins meadowlark

as does an f1 show with jessica and spencer hall

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/DraftKingsNews/status/1534904614557990912

the shutdown fullcast joins meadowlark

as does an f1 show with jessica and spencer hall

The intro to last week’s Fullcast was basically them reading a draft version of that and saying “sorry it took so long for the show to come back, that happens when you sign seven figure deals”

Spencer, Holly and gang securing the bag is a good use of that Draft Kings money.

I’m very curious what Spencer and Smetty will have to say about F1 races but I probably take it too seriously to be the target audience.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I will listen to Spencer Hall talk about anything

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I will listen to Spencer Hall talk about anything

Unless it's his opinions of milk and cheese, which are hard to listen to as a Wisconsinite :colbert:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Next live show in New York when??

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
All these new shows..

I'm gettin' to 'em

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I strongly dislike most fancasts as hearing white dudes just give their uneducated thoughts on F1 isn't my thing.

Spencer Hall, to steal a quote, could narrate an audio book detailing my failures as a human being and I'd listen to it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

algebra testes posted:

I strongly dislike most fancasts as hearing white dudes just give their uneducated thoughts on F1 isn't my thing.

Spencer Hall, to steal a quote, could narrate an audio book detailing my failures as a human being and I'd listen to it.

Spencer Hall just has a perfect way with words. One of my favorite stories is him calling an old woman "a Walmart person" after she jeered at him his hat was from WalMart. So simple but so effective.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
"Oops." -Amin

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They have been doing profiles of the major callers leading up to the smack off this week on Jim Rome Show. It’s fun and tweaks the nostalgia. It’s extremely funny though how drat sure the great callers of the show were that Shaq would never win a title circa as late as June 1998.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

I'm really starting to dislike them dismissing ANY criticism of the show with "HE'S THAT GUY" or " BONGGGG You don't get the show"

Also why the hell did they give Michelle Tafoya an interview?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Dan being surprised by the Brady ordering expensive wine and then bailing thing might be the strangest thing from a weird week of shows. Hasn't this come up in multiple seasons of Hard Knocks, tons of articles etc? I mean at least nobody is getting sodomized with a broomhandle.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1541886554569940993

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dan's gonna come back and find out that Meadowlark now owns a water park

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Stugotz790/status/1544018944574607360

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1544781845308506112

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

I dare say that the last few weeks of the shore have been amazing considering they’re just talking about random stuff that comes to mind and not about sports.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I think that may have been the worst Local Hour for quite some time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I used to listen to every second of every hour, but I am at a point where I am happy to skip around and just listen to certain segments.

Dan starts talking about how interesting streaming is for the 100th time? Skip ahead.

Adam McKay skit? Skip ahead.

Stupodity segment as Big Suey? Skip ahead.

Mike Ryan and Amin are my MVPs lately, with honorable mentions to Billy and Jess.

But yeah, the two biggest issues right now are that Dan is stuck in reruns and Stu doesn't give a poo poo anymore.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I loved the Bricker bit tbh

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Dan doing the Ezra Miller vs. Will Smith comp based on race was pretty spectacular

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I still like hearing Dan talk.

Stu I have completely checked out on

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I still like hearing Dan talk.

Stu I have completely checked out on

Yeah despite my complaints I'm still enjoying Dan and the whole crew in general. When you're putting out that much podcast every week you're gonna get a few duds. Plus the skip 30 seconds function can get you out of most trouble.

Edit: For today's show: I don't mind Ricky and find his perspective pretty interesting but mixing in "treating" concussions sours the whole deal

J33uk fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 20, 2022

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I could listen to the shipping container do pop-punk karaoke for hours

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Hour two of yesterday's show is the hardest I've laughed in a while at a Lebatard pod. It felt like prime summer bullshit.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
the Look At Me Louie drop is so good

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I could go with Amin replacing stu at this point, the mailing it in has finally stopped being funny for me.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Chris Cote with an all-timer in "How much dick do you have in you?" Just the best in bad judgement

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Fullcast takeover was beyond fun, especially Hour 2 with the Shipping Container chiming in. Most Divorced Coaches was a good time. And somehow the show didn’t get infected by the patented Fullcast audio haint.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

today's show was terrible and good but not in the usual way at all.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
thatkindathing

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

New bucket of death

I hope this sponsorship requires them to actually follow through with the segment, because otherwise you're just wasting our time!

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Just heard the Fitzpatrick interview and god drat whata lame rear end. Enjoy your one year at Thursday Night Football. What a no personality bum.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zooted heh posted:

Just heard the Fitzpatrick interview and god drat whata lame rear end. Enjoy your one year at Thursday Night Football. What a no personality bum.

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/1570388335633510401?s=20&t=wH5ylHzeFuCftkuIXTSe2w

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Least surprising opinion I’ve seen for a while. Also completely on-brand for Olbermann to use Stugotz’s government name.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dan leaning into it is why the show is still great. If Fitzpatrick (or any of his media people) had any sense he'd start appearing weekly as a water slide reviewer.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I miss The Club

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BWV posted:

Dan leaning into it is why the show is still great. If Fitzpatrick (or any of his media people) had any sense he'd start appearing weekly as a water slide reviewer.

Come to find out, QB that go to Harvard are boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Same