Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
where do you put your address into kickstarter? i think my book is just getting sent to "usa"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Two-Day I know this is a lot to ask but if you can get my copy of the book to me in Colorado before the election I will preach the book to the masses dressed as Jesus on election night and the day after in Denver or Boulder.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Two-Day I know this is a lot to ask but if you can get my copy of the book to me in Colorado before the election I will preach the book to the masses dressed as Jesus on election night and the day after in Denver or Boulder.

No sorry, I will keep writing it to the election; the last page will be about that

twoday
May 4, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

where do you put your address into kickstarter? i think my book is just getting sent to "usa"

I can message everyone on there and that's how I will figure it out, I guess

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

It's "Shipping Addresses" under "Settings" if you click on your icon in the top right after you're logged in.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

twoday posted:

No sorry, I will keep writing it to the election; the last page will be about that

Can I just get a unfinished first draft in crayons and glitter then? I'll pay extra if it's on construction paper.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

DarkEuphoria posted:

my bank called just now and the robot on the other line was like,

“did you authorize a charge for ‘CRAFTSHOP’ from The Netherlands?”

so I pressed 1 for more details and it said “KICKSTARTER, CRAFTSHOP”

anyway lol my bank thinks this might be fraud, I assured them it was not!

had this same exp coming home from work when it went through

“did you authorize a charge of $69.69 to KICKSTARTER”
“loma:f hell yes i did haha”

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SHVPS4DETH posted:

had this same exp coming home from work when it went through

“did you authorize a charge of $69.69 to KICKSTARTER”
“loma:f hell yes i did haha”

It took like 3 days before my fraud protection called.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao "two vents" hoods of CSPAM funding achieved for this weird art project

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

etalian posted:

lmao "two vents" hoods of CSPAM funding achieved for this weird art project

imo twoday should commemorate this and do another art on the story of the west coasts fire that depicts solving the problem by placing a hood vent over the smoke and fires

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
unmanaged debris and deadfall... PILED HIGH

twoday
May 4, 2005

good news everyone, Wish sells bookbinding tools

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Flavius Aetass posted:

his real name is ward sutton and he has done unironic cartoons his whole career

just looked him up

https://twitter.com/WardSutton/status/1305996114831704064

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gunshow Poophole posted:

unmanaged debris and deadfall... PILED HIGH

lol does the Kickstarter highest tier include a visit to the CSPAM handcrafted book factory in Netherlands?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Ward Sutton is absolved of all succ sins past, present and future

twoday
May 4, 2005

etalian posted:

lol does the Kickstarter highest tier include a visit to the CSPAM handcrafted book factory in Netherlands?

the second highest tier was me giving a tattoo if someone came here, nobody did that tier

but to be fair, I don't know how to do that

gonna buy a tattooo gun anyway and figure it out, there are only so many ways that you can apply a knowledge of calligraphy IRL

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
tbh i wouldn't hesitate to let you tattoo me, i just have no way of getting to the netherlands

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

cross postin to say that this gives me a hilarious idea for a book of twoday drawing

twoday posted:

So they gave me these 3 kittens which had been eating couch cushions and were half starved and had worms, and besides the other problems that this brought, their poo poo smelled so bad because of the worms that it stank up the entire building.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

the second highest tier was me giving a tattoo if someone came here, nobody did that tier

but to be fair, I don't know how to do that

gonna buy a tattooo gun anyway and figure it out, there are only so many ways that you can apply a knowledge of calligraphy IRL

Amazing Twoday success story can be contrasted to the Doobie story
-Picking a project that's aligned to talents
-Making a good make vs buy decision for how to produce / deliver the product
-Avoiding scopecreep, focused on cranking just a few Trumo editions for the pathfinder project

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I want to blame this thread for this:

The trumpf corporation

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Nebakenezzer posted:

I want to blame this thread for this:

The trumpf corporation

I see their laser etchers in foundries all the time and lose my poo poo but it's fine because no one knows what happens underneath the bunny suit

twoday
May 4, 2005

I’m going to use the Kickstarter money to make a down payment on this TRUMF brand industrial laser chamber and then use that to make the books:

twoday
May 4, 2005

lmao, this website is hilarious

This one doesn’t even say TRUMPF and it’s still funny:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

twoday posted:

This one doesn’t even say TRUMPF and it’s still funny:

wow first the riddle of steel and now the puzzle of water?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

lol, "the puzzle of water" is definitely trumpy

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Flavius Aetass posted:

tbh i wouldn't hesitate to let you tattoo me, i just have no way of getting to the netherlands

get arrested by ice and say you are a Dutch.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vK6pd4MqyU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

lmao what the gently caress is that real and where did it come from

also that is clearly 6 lasers, what is happening

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
where have you been hiding that... thing

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

twoday posted:

I’m going to use the Kickstarter money to make a down payment on this TRUMF brand industrial laser chamber and then use that to make the books:

I think you’ll need more money, time for a stretch goal! looks like they have built in vent hoods!

also I’m a big dork for industrial machines, and now that I think about it I’ve likely seen a TRUMF machine in action as well, at the one of the most fascinating events I’ve ever been to, which was an industrial machine trade show (taking place at the same time and convention hall as the Metalcasting Congress event I was actually there for).

2DCAT posted:

I see their laser etchers in foundries all the time and lose my poo poo but it's fine because no one knows what happens underneath the bunny suit

bunny suit!? bahaha the only foundry I worked at on site is where I really learned my distaste for folks thinking they’re too manly for respiratory protection. the machine I was there to install/run/build spewed noxious chemicals as it’s main goal, and was in a sealed room for this reason. I’d yell at every foundry dude who came in to “check it out” to not hang in the room, as they semi seriously made fun of me and my coworker for wearing respirators whenever it was running.

this is the thing I think about, to this day, whenever I go out into the plaguelands in a half mask respirator w/ just n95 filters, and randos laugh at me and yell, “nice mask!”

lasers are cool tho

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sorry this riddle is already solved in the codex, it's "the wettest, from the standpoint of" gtfo tech company weirdos

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

TRUMF will lock her up in the TruLaser Cell

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

twoday posted:

I have in all seriousness a few spare parts to one of their laser markers that I nicked out of the bin when it was scrapped, none of them are TRUMPF branded but if you want to PM me a shipping address they're all yours

e: like, the laser cavity rod and some lenses

twoday
May 4, 2005

I have no need for industrial laser parts because they cannot, as far as I know, be used to make books; nevertheless I am intrigued by this offer.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
use the money to buy an orphanage and teach the kids to copy books.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

I have no need for industrial laser parts because they cannot, as far as I know, be used to make books; nevertheless I am intrigued by this offer.

Created Trumpo plate etchings and bury them in hopes that it will confuse future archaeologists.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

twoday posted:

I mean it won't bind the book, but

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

laser cavity rods are cool

i bought a ring fashioned out of a laser YAG crystal from that turtle goon who sells jewelry on etsy and it's a neat fluorescent yellow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

I want one of these that says "I've had enough of this - good night!"