Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Artix posted:

As someone without Ruan Mei, what should I be looking at for a Firefly team, anyway? It sounds like she wants Hatblazer for sure, and presumably an actual healer if she has a gimmick that saps her own health. Not sure who my fourth should be though.
basically the only real firefly team is hatblazer/another harmony/firefly/gallagher or huohuo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

I agree with this, especially if you're f2p or a small spender. I don't have any eidolons for 5 stars except Welt and Bronya. I almost got Aventurine's e1, but I'd rather have Boothill.

I know the answer to Super Break being great is Ruan Mei, but does the damage scale off Hatblazer's ult or anything at all? Because I'm not seeing super broken numbers But I only have ult and talent at 5 for the moment. It's still cool and fun, but I'm only seeing an extra 20-30k even on my Gallagher with 230% break effect.

I still hope Hatblazer and Bronya will make Boothill great. It looks like it should.

tfw Gallagher only does 20k on Super Break

Also I'm not sure what you're asking. Super Break isn't extra damage on top of Weakness Break, it's a completely separate instance of Break damage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Super Break's damage scales on break effect and amount of toughness damage.

Which means, yes, Ruan Mei makes it better. Sorry for your loss by refusing to pull for her. :shrug:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Spending so much time farming Acheron relics had the side effect of me having godly Watchmaker relics that were just sitting unused in my inventory. The result is that my Harmblazer might have the best relic set of all my characters and I didn't even have to farm for any of them specifically. 145 Spd, 205% BE, 4800 HP, 1500 Def. Cannot WAIT for Firefly banner.

My Robin is almost done. All the stats are good except she only has 116 Spd, so I need to farm for another Spd relic somewhere to get to the 120 threshold. After that I just need a Ratio rerun so I can grab his LC which I skipped the first time around.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Also as you may have noticed from the Hatblazer themselves, bounce attacks on a single target count the total Toughness damage. Which is to say, someone like Welt and Sampo actually do quite a lot of Toughness damage when you get rid of the trash. Would you like to guess who can do the highest possible single instance Toughness damage?

It's Misha.

As a bonus, they can reduce DEF with their E2 [Unlike Attack and Damage buffs, Defense reduction *does* impact Super Break], and they have a drat solid chance of Freezing. Which further increases the time people stay broken. I am shocked, shocked, that that particular character has high synergy with the Harmony Trailblazer.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Damage received increases Break damage too, so E6 Welts (4 bounces at 30 toughness damage each on the same target) stay winning

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Eej posted:

My rule of thumb is every 5* unit is usable without eidolons. If you are comparing getting eidolons with a brand new unit you actually want, pick the unit every time.

I generally agree but it also depends for me. If it’s a favorite character and it isn’t just bigger numbers then I appreciate higher character investment over a character that doesn’t offer much to me. And by “to me” I mean personally, because for example I didn’t particularly like Ruan Mei (doesn’t mean just a likable character but also design, animations etc). Acheron was basically one of my favorite characters in HI3, and her e2 lets me use more variety in her team comps. I like Robin’s design (head wings are hard to turn down) but don’t care much about the character, though maybe that will change this patch.

However now that Ruan Mei is basically Firefly equipment I have to reconsider since I took the bait and Firefly is a favorite in this game who is also probably going to get me interested in break teams.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Do we have a list of the mats in quantities that Firefly will need? Harmony trailblazer has got me hyped for break now (super break kicks rear end) so I figure I should get started on preforming what I can once hatblazer in a good enough state.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Sleng Teng posted:

Do we have a list of the mats in quantities that Firefly will need? Harmony trailblazer has got me hyped for break now (super break kicks rear end) so I figure I should get started on preforming what I can once hatblazer in a good enough state.

https://hsr16.hakush.in/

hakushin has you covered, scroll to the bottom. She's fully pre farmable cause she's using 2nd Fire mat (Gallagher) and Destruction mats (Misha + Misha cone). Jade on the other hand uses 2nd Quantum material (Sparkle) but the 2nd Erudition calyx doesn't exist yet.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Eej posted:

https://hsr16.hakush.in/

hakushin has you covered, scroll to the bottom. She's fully pre farmable cause she's using 2nd Fire mat (Gallagher) and Destruction mats (Misha + Misha cone). Jade on the other hand uses 2nd Quantum material (Sparkle) but the 2nd Erudition calyx doesn't exist yet.

Thanks much!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait I've been solving all these Clockie puzzles for no reason...they didnt add a new npc to turn the Building Blocks into

what a ruse

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 13, 2024

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Meowywitch posted:

Wait I've been solving all these Clockie puzzles for no reason...they didnt add a new npc to turn the Building Blocks into

what a gyp

They give you jades, right?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah you get jades plus clockie bucks for some extra credits after level 50

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

what a gyp

They will eventually give us a block NPC. And it will be excellent! I've been building up to it...

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!
They even introduced the guy who made them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

im so tired of editing clockie movies

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Finally finished the story. Now I can go back and read all of those spoilers!

I like Misha now.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Meowywitch posted:

im so tired of editing clockie movies

I think its a great simulation of what a lovely, thankless job editors have: no one notices when you do your job well, but everyone does when you don't.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Alright, finally caught up.

Saw the all a dream fakeout coming and was grinning by the time Screwllum is like 'oh yeah we're putting this dumb Simulated Universe thing behind us'. :haw: And man, Sunday is really the guiltiest Catholic boy with a huge faith crisis - the whole 'play' he set up for us felt like a big 'I HAVE to be right, please tell me I'm right' cry. But he doubts so much and hopes for so little and in the end not only does Robin want to save the people of Penacony, she wants to save him from the horrible fate he's dooming himself to as the eternal watcher over the blissfully slumbering universe.

Aventurine/Ruan Mei/Sparkle/Big Dan autos the boss with pretty little pain, maybe replacing the latter two for Welt+Ratio would go faster? I'm not sure how to build Welt now though, I had him as a basic DPS back when.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
I'm thinking about trying Himeko/Topaz/Ruan Mei/Aventurine for the new weekly tomorrow, see if that's any more efficient.

I suppose Topaz or RM could be replaced with Robin, but that seems like too much of a breaker loss to me. Robin is just such a difficult character for me to find uses for outside of IPC Team in MoC/PF, specifically.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I just wish the autoplay wouldn't single-target the immortal adds but it's not a big deal in the long run because there's like no way it can kill anyone in my party.

Phase 3 music is gonna live in my head for months.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Having been both raised Catholic and grew up on a steady diet of 90s/00s jrpgs, can confirm I have been conditioned to believe pipe organ+bell music is the perfect soundtrack to epic apocalyptic final boss battles.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Oh yeah, the other tracks in that fight are great too, I went through the same. Loved the full drift into Catholic motifs.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

FireWorksWell posted:

Phase 3 music is gonna live in my head for months.

I have the song set to default in the Parlor Car.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

It's been the Herta Space Station safe zone music for me as far back as I can remember, but that's so tempting.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Traveller posted:

Alright, finally caught up.

Saw the all a dream fakeout coming and was grinning by the time Screwllum is like 'oh yeah we're putting this dumb Simulated Universe thing behind us'. :haw: And man, Sunday is really the guiltiest Catholic boy with a huge faith crisis - the whole 'play' he set up for us felt like a big 'I HAVE to be right, please tell me I'm right' cry. But he doubts so much and hopes for so little and in the end not only does Robin want to save the people of Penacony, she wants to save him from the horrible fate he's dooming himself to as the eternal watcher over the blissfully slumbering universe.

Aventurine/Ruan Mei/Sparkle/Big Dan autos the boss with pretty little pain, maybe replacing the latter two for Welt+Ratio would go faster? I'm not sure how to build Welt now though, I had him as a basic DPS back when.

Sunday is the same thing as Tizocic II, a good soul with a weak heart. He wants everyone to be happy but can't bear to see an iota of suffering when pursuing it, so he decides to go to uh, as extreme lengths as you can to eliminate all suffering.

librarerun posted:

I'm thinking about trying Himeko/Topaz/Ruan Mei/Aventurine for the new weekly tomorrow, see if that's any more efficient.

I suppose Topaz or RM could be replaced with Robin, but that seems like too much of a breaker loss to me. Robin is just such a difficult character for me to find uses for outside of IPC Team in MoC/PF, specifically.

This is the team that I used to auto the boss 3 times this week, works perfectly fine tabbed out

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I fought the boss with Jing Yuan, Asta, and Gallagher. Kept the boss permanently broken, but I'll probably switch to Himeko for the weekly fights. I don't have permanent gear on Jing Yuan at the moment.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

To the surprise of no one, Kafka + Ruan Mei could probably duo the fight but Black Swan and Fu Xuan are there anyways :v:

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

is xueyi the only "neutral" breaker so far? don't currently intend to pull for any of the 5* break effect dps coming up but harmony trailblazer is fun and she seems fun to try to build around (and i'm up to her e3 while pulling for topaz). i know SW and Boothill and Firefly have ways to inflict other weaknesses as well.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 13, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Acheron's ult breaks all too

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
It's cool that they let a SEA teenager write all of the trailblazer's responses for this quest. I can't wait to call boothill Gayge in 2.3

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's indefensible but it's what the youth want

Jade's gonna call you her little Pomchamp

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

padijun posted:

It's cool that they let a SEA teenager write all of the trailblazer's responses for this quest. I can't wait to call boothill Gayge in 2.3

all, as in one every other multi choice?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Valentin posted:

is xueyi the only "neutral" breaker so far? don't currently intend to pull for any of the 5* break effect dps coming up but harmony trailblazer is fun and she seems fun to try to build around (and i'm up to her e3 while pulling for topaz). i know SW and Boothill and Firefly have ways to inflict other weaknesses as well.

Firefly can do both weakness implant AND universal break, for whatever reason. Also she's not a spoiler since they already announced her on twitter.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

padijun posted:

When poo poo gets real there’s serious options, or when dealing with characters like Sparkle you can bluntly reject her, but the trailblazer has a pretty well developed canon personality as a weirdo raccoon who makes terrible jokes and tries to break the tension just as much they care for people and are willing to die protecting their friends. March 7th will talk about their off-screen terrible jokes regardless of how you choose to play them.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's a difference between weirdo raccoon and hyper specific 2024 online memes like "Nah, I'd win" though

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Meowywitch posted:

all, as in one every other multi choice?

There were a few multiple choice with only silly/memey answers this patch I noted. But it was like, one or two and only a specific part of the story at that.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Firefly can do both weakness implant AND universal break, for whatever reason. Also she's not a spoiler since they already announced her on twitter.
Presumably it's to help her cleave, since the implant is single-target. I'm not sure how much it'll matter, since she'll get reduced efficiency on top of already being halved against secondary targets. But then, 55% efficiency is a very specific number, which makes me think they have something in particular in mind.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Robin's ult song is getting stuck in my head

its so catchy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

Robin's ult song is getting stuck in my head

its so catchy...

WHEN I WAS