Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

I just wish the autoplay wouldn't single-target the immortal adds but it's not a big deal in the long run because there's like no way it can kill anyone in my party.

Phase 3 music is gonna live in my head for months.

Keep in mind they're not immortal - they share the HP with the boss. So super break damage targeting them goes to the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack

Having fun with Topaz and Numby.

Finally got my Clara from 300 thing, did a Swarm disaster which at the end Topaz and Clara were both critting for 400-500k damage mostly thanks to relic that converts Cosmic fragments to extra crit obtained in middle of run.

I like Clara but I can see you need to plan a bit more which enemies are up and coming, at the start of my testing in many battles it ended before anyone got to attack at all (Acheron doing Acheron things) or she simply never got attacked (single target enemies or using non-attacks). Great fun though, certainly annihilated this Big Bug.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Clara is also the one sole damage dealer who outright wants to be paired with March 7th, because March's shields redirect aggression. When combined with her ult, it makes her far more likely to get targeted, and that's when The Magic happens.

I'm almost a little tempted to roll for Topaz or even Robin, since Clara is my most built, most reliable character right now and both of them help Clara a lot. But I really want the certain someone who's coming on June 18th, I'm already most of the way through a 50/50, and I can easily save enough to get to a true guarantee...

Gacha, man. :negative:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got to use Clara for the first time today, after finally having her built enough to try her out (got her last patch but had to build the new characters first). Not the best build - e0s1 and stole Argenti’s relics but she helped in absolutely killing it in the last PF stage, which I had held off until now. I remember hearing that one was tricky so I was expecting some retries but got it first run with Clara, Himeko, Herta and Topaz on the first side. They netted about 34k so the second side with Kafka, BS, Acheron and Welt swept up the rest without much issue. I don’t know if her LC is “good” one year after launch, but it worked well in PF because she topped off her own health enough to stave off any deaths in the group.

Looking forward to using her more, since it’s a character I wanted since launch. I have a built March too since I was using her before choosing Gepard for my 300, so I’m curious to see how that pairing can work. If I lose a 50/50 I hope it’s to her so I can get e1 (though a Bronya would be appreciated…launch account with no Bronya drops seems ridiculous at this point).

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Mulva posted:

Also as you may have noticed from the Hatblazer themselves, bounce attacks on a single target count the total Toughness damage. Which is to say, someone like Welt and Sampo actually do quite a lot of Toughness damage when you get rid of the trash. Would you like to guess who can do the highest possible single instance Toughness damage?

It's Misha.

As a bonus, they can reduce DEF with their E2 [Unlike Attack and Damage buffs, Defense reduction *does* impact Super Break], and they have a drat solid chance of Freezing. Which further increases the time people stay broken. I am shocked, shocked, that that particular character has high synergy with the Harmony Trailblazer.

I hope there's gonna be a supportive Destruction LC one day, because Misha actually looks pretty interesting as a breaker support/debuffer/pseudo-sustain instead of a DPS. It's just that all Destruction LCs only care about personal damage. If only he had been a Nihility instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

coolusername posted:

When poo poo gets real there’s serious options, or when dealing with characters like Sparkle you can bluntly reject her, but the trailblazer has a pretty well developed canon personality as a weirdo raccoon who makes terrible jokes and tries to break the tension just as much they care for people and are willing to die protecting their friends. March 7th will talk about their off-screen terrible jokes regardless of how you choose to play them.
yeah but i like the actual funny jokes and not them saying 'its peak' 3 times in one patch

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

We're all just old grumps here. I'm sure it's funny to the young'uns

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
just cannot get 10 or under turns in MOC12. it's not even aventurine, he's a piece of piss, it's the fuckin dinosaurs

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

blizzardvizard posted:

We're all just old grumps here. I'm sure it's funny to the young'uns

The main problem is that Mihoyo is staffed with millenial weeaboos who basically developed an entire franchise off of millenial anime references like how Honkai Impact 3rd is named after Third Impact in Evangelion and the story follows the broad strokes of that anime. Most of the humourous references are millenial too, like Stelle getting Yamcha'd or doing the Gainax cross arm pose in the joke trailer. Then you get lines like "I flexed on him too hard with my peak swag. Guess I messed around and found out, huh..." or "But he's such a gentleman. If evil, why so nice?" which are just drawing upon a different generation of humour. So like, the main thrust of the game is for an older generation and then the joke responses are memes from like 3 months ago.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
More importantly, they never force only the joke answers. You want to play it more straight, you can. They've definitely leaned into it a bit, but as long as they don't force it down your throat, it's fine. Let them have their fun, game development loving sucks as a job.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

The main problem is that Mihoyo is staffed with millenial weeaboos who basically developed an entire franchise off of millenial anime references like how Honkai Impact 3rd is named after Third Impact in Evangelion and the story follows the broad strokes of that anime. Most of the humourous references are millenial too, like Stelle getting Yamcha'd or doing the Gainax cross arm pose in the joke trailer. Then you get lines like "I flexed on him too hard with my peak swag. Guess I messed around and found out, huh..." or "But he's such a gentleman. If evil, why so nice?" which are just drawing upon a different generation of humour. So like, the main thrust of the game is for an older generation and then the joke responses are memes from like 3 months ago.
i mean theres a difference between a pose and a line of dialog. like i dont want stelle to say 'IMA FIRIN MAH LASER' either. and again, if they did the yamcha pose 3 times in one patch, id also complain about that.

Mulva posted:

More importantly, they never force only the joke answers. You want to play it more straight, you can. They've definitely leaned into it a bit, but as long as they don't force it down your throat, it's fine. Let them have their fun, game development loving sucks as a job.
seeing 'its so peak' dialog options so many times takes me out of the story a bit even if i dont pick it. sorry. i am making it illegal for the devs to have fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like im not asking for the most serious story ever its just like, have a little dignity, come on.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

things like that are generally better in moderation, otherwise you get matt hazzard

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like i liked the joke after black swan asks your opinion where you can say 'im gonna say 'too easy' on the survey again.' thats a funny fourth wall break.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

yeah that was good, also JY calling you the galactic baseballer

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The galactic baseballer ones are totally fine, and I don't mind the previous style of jokey answers, the ones in this patch were fine too, it just felt like they'd turned the dial a little further than prior in a notable way.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

just get 10 or under turns in MOC12. it's not even aventurine, he's a piece of piss, it's the fuckin dinosaurs

What team are you trying? I found the dinosaurs to be relatively simple if all 4 of your team attack every turn, and they all hit weakness.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Endorph posted:

i mean theres a difference between a pose and a line of dialog. like i dont want stelle to say 'IMA FIRIN MAH LASER' either. and again, if they did the yamcha pose 3 times in one patch, id also complain about that.

seeing 'its so peak' dialog options so many times takes me out of the story a bit even if i dont pick it. sorry. i am making it illegal for the devs to have fun.

I'll laugh if I monkey paw it into endless haz cheezburger replies instead

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think there's also a difference between something like the "nah, I'd win" line which divorced from its meme context just seems like a haughty line, where the other examples are painfully obvious they are some twitter meme from 2024.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think there's also a difference between something like the "nah, I'd win" line which divorced from its meme context just seems like a haughty line, where the other examples are painfully obvious they are some twitter meme from 2024.

no cap

Bad Video Games posted:

What team are you trying? I found the dinosaurs to be relatively simple if all 4 of your team attack every turn, and they all hit weakness.

tried a few, I think the closest I got was with HH/Kafka/BS/Asta but I was one or two turns off still

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

no cap

tried a few, I think the closest I got was with HH/Kafka/BS/Asta but I was one or two turns off still

I could only manage the first half reliably with Ratio, Topaz, SW, Luocha/Gallager. I did manage it with Kafka once, but that relied too much on rng.

Maybe drop Huo Huo for Luocha or Lynx if you have either? Hitting weakness is the most important thing for that dinosaur.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

All this chat is making me very sure that my plans are to completely skip this patch banners, and then get Firefly, Ruan Mei, and then see what the whole Jade fuss is about.

Acheron/Aventurine/Pela/SW has been very solid autoing the new weekly boss, too, sometimes after two times I have to go heal so I don't die, but still, not bad.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Super break thoughts: I would like 3 more xuyei eidolons for free, please and thank you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

I could only manage the first half reliably with Ratio, Topaz, SW, Luocha/Gallager. I did manage it with Kafka once, but that relied too much on rng.

Maybe drop Huo Huo for Luocha or Lynx if you have either? Hitting weakness is the most important thing for that dinosaur.

Yeah I don't have Lukeocha uhhh I think Lynx is unbuilt still, maybe like lv70 with bad traces

Ratio is one of those characters where I see other people use them and get big numbies and I'm like "yeah that's a nice dr ratio...why can't mine be like that"

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah I don't have Lukeocha uhhh I think Lynx is unbuilt still, maybe like lv70 with bad traces

Ratio is one of those characters where I see other people use them and get big numbies and I'm like "yeah that's a nice dr ratio...why can't mine be like that"

Ratio lives and dies on his supporters. Mine has s1 Topaz and Silver Wolf, and sometimes s1 Aventurine.

My Ratio also has 100% crit and 200% crit damage after his second turn. That probably helps.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 13, 2024

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm still not clear on how much of that hyper-current hyper-jokey stuff is from the original text, and how much of it the translators took it upon themselves to add, either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the original cn has jokes/memes/references but the eng tl definitely added some

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
From what I've heard the original script has more memes if anything. It's hardly the TLs taking artistic liberty.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zeron posted:

From what I've heard the original script has more memes if anything. It's hardly the TLs taking artistic liberty.
its a pretty useless conversation to have unless youve actually seen the cn script and can read it. because people who speak/read CN are saying both things lol

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The goofy options really stood out in the scorch sand section because a few of those times it was ONLY goofy/meme options. Which felt pretty different from any other dialogue option, especially in the main quest.

Like I get it was a lighthearted section but I didn’t particularly like any of these!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

El Burbo posted:

Like I get it was a lighthearted section but I didn’t particularly like any of these!

Lol that was the exact moment where I thought "okay maybe this is a bit much"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea that section was like insufferable lmao. im actually gonna mention it in my response survey for this patch because good lord

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My personal opinion is like, even if the insane amount of memes is faithful to the CN script I think it's still bad. I don't think it's exclusively a localizer thing or whatever. Would be curious to see some side by sides though.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Today is the only time I'm glad Echoes of War gives Musketeer relics. Got the ideal chest piece I needed for Robin (Atk w/Spd) which upgraded twice on Spd and pushed her to 124 Spd total. Saved me who knows how much energy in having to farm for a Spd piece for her.

Current Robin (2 Musketeer 2 Prisoner 2 Vonwacq):
4280 HP
4239 Atk
1094 Def
124 Spd
124.4% ERR

Totally content with this build.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah Scorchsands is the one that made me think on this, in context I find it okay. It's a light hearted "reality tv" segment and I have some other thoughts on why it ends up having three funny dialogue option moments (related to the story as a whole happening at the time). Notably once you get out of Scorchsands it returns mostly to normal dialogue options.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Not So Fast posted:

Keep in mind they're not immortal - they share the HP with the boss. So super break damage targeting them goes to the boss.

Thanks for this, by the way

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FireWorksWell posted:

Lol that was the exact moment where I thought "okay maybe this is a bit much"

I find it funny because if you were to remove the context of "nah, I'd win" being a big meme, that actually feels like the "serious" answer to the question (since they're asking if you have any words before getting started, IIRC).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also, who do you have built with Lightning/Quantum/Imaginary elements? Sometimes, you just have to think completely outside the box.

I mean, one time I had to use Kafka as a sp positive support for Quinque. It was the only way I could force Quantum weakness on the second elite and break the Arumaton in the first cycle before it entered sanction mode. Sometimes unconventional poo poo just works.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Fell barely short of the timer on MoC12. On the very last cycle I forgot to reactivate the Hatblazer ult before acting. I don't know if her one single action would have added enough super break to finish her, but it still hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
This seems like one of the easiest MoCs in a long time. Finished it in 5 cycles.