Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
who needs all those acronyms when you have The Kush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Tax Inductions posted:

honestly, now that the end of the road is sort of in sight, i kinda don't want trump to leave. currently we have bountiful lols and not much actual damage being done. I'm nervous about pence getting in there with his shark's eyes and just quietly buckling down and doing evil poo poo.

I'm so worried I'm going to return to America in July and will have already missed the entire Trump presidency. :ohdear:

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/333807-dem-calls-for-trump-impeachment-on-house-floor

An impeachment call has been made.

hmbol

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

turn off the TV posted:

https://twitter.com/ColinKahl/status/864841703227879424

Good luck!

Pretty hosed up to think that a paper would have a guest contributor write a human interest story.

He's been cited in like dozens of articles on the washington post website specifically because he wrote the trump book and none of those quotations are anything more than 'uhh, well this guy is an expert, so you better listen to him'. it's kind of weird that you would have a bunch of separate people cite the exact same, not very good source repeatedly and then give that guy an article where he can spill the beans on why he's actually not a garbage source

they think that guy is good dirt on trump, because he has an official sounding authorship, even though he is no more qualified than any of those "journalists" to write about the trump presidency. do you know what ghostwriting entails? the guy didn't follow trump around. the guy probably only had two or three conversations with the guy - in 1985

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tax Inductions posted:

honestly, now that the end of the road is sort of in sight, i kinda don't want trump to leave. currently we have bountiful lols and not much actual damage being done. I'm nervous about pence getting in there with his shark's eyes and just quietly buckling down and doing evil poo poo.

If Pence gets in, all the news companies tripping over themselves to get their Trump zingers in now will just be saying how "presidential" Mike Pence is while he's starting wars and defunding planned parenthood.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

If Pence gets in, all the news companies tripping over themselves to get their Trump zingers in now will just be saying how "presidential" Mike Pence is while he's starting wars and defunding planned parenthood.

you see thats the problem. Pence is an ideologist while trump is just an idiot that likes power and shining stuff. I'd rather have an idiot in charge, not a normal loving corrupt politician. goddamnit CNN and Buzzfeed, you're about to tank your loving ratings and you don't even know it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Can you imagine being a part of Trump's administration and, after he gets out of a meeting, trying to figure out what he said or what the meeting was about before it leaks to the press, relying on his broken brain?

"So how did the meeting go? Any bumps or...?"
"Great, just the best. The meeting was beautiful. Great enthusiasm."
<Over his shoulder, chyron reads "Trump agrees to sell White House for magic beans">

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

You forgot getting hosed by a horse

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
lmao our next president is going to make it legal to gently caress horses and illegal to touch another man's wang

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

ambient robot posted:

lmao our next president is going to make it legal to gently caress horses and illegal to touch another man's wang

Also illegal: touching your own

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Coast Guard commencement is under way, can't wait to see what Donaldo has to say

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Capntastic posted:

FROM MY COLD DEAD HAND :argh:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

mono posted:

Coast Guard commencement is under way, can't wait to see what Donaldo has to say

I bet it'll be dumb lol

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

at impeachment we'll find out that trump and baron got struck by lightning and were forced to switch bodies.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

at impeachment we'll find out that trump and baron got struck by lightning and were forced to switch bodies.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

nigga crab pollock posted:

the guy didn't follow trump around. the guy probably only had two or three conversations with the guy - in 1985

He does say the complete opposite right there in the article:

quote:

I spent nearly a year hanging around Trump to write his first book, “The Art of the Deal,” and got to know him very well. I spent hundreds of hours listening to him, watching him in action and interviewing him about his life.

THE PLATFORM MASTER
Jun 3, 2008

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

National funding plan for miniature trains

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Capntastic posted:

#nofap movement literally declared by law

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

the point of contention isn't that he's actually doing the things its that it's framed so those thing are apocalyptic and quite franky none of us really know the inner machinations of the state department or deep government to really know if the framing in which a bunch of openly biased journalists use is based on reality or some made up crap for ratings

like oh yeah trump is fuckin up. i believe it. but to what degree and to what end is the question, and like hell i'm gonna trust a bunch of morons indulging trump's reality TV fantasy

I don't see where in the WaPo article the author references the apocalypse or anything about world-ending consequences.

KrunkMcGrunk fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 17, 2017

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Baby. Trump. Can't.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

alphabettitouretti posted:

He does say the complete opposite right there in the article:

yeah and do you believe it coming from a guy who says that almost everything he wrote in the book was fabricated

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

I don't see where in the WaPo article the author references the apocalypse or anything about world-ending consequences.

maybe this is why you guys are falling for such lovely examples of journalism, you literally cannot parse hyperbole and take it all at face value

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

yeah and do you believe it coming from a guy who says that almost everything he wrote in the book was fabricated

All you have to do is listen to trump to know everything he says is fabricated, so I imagine he was just working with what he had.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

maybe this is why you guys are falling for such lovely examples of journalism, you literally cannot parse hyperbole and take it all at face value

or, perhaps, the article in question should be taken at face value.

i get what you're saying. there's a ton of fear mongering re: trump. but you're picking the wrong hill to die on, hombre.

KrunkMcGrunk fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 17, 2017

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

or, perhaps, the articles themselves should be taken at face value

you sweet summer child

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

got drat you're quick boy. i can't even form a proper thought before you fire off a reply.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Bob NewSCART posted:

All you have to do is listen to trump to know everything he says is fabricated, so I imagine he was just working with what he had.

yeah basically. i guess that also makes him an even less reliable author for that article

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

You unironically believe pizzagate lol

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I can accept him admitting that he was the ghost writer and he made up a load of poo poo (much of it at Trump's urging, allegedly) for a pay cheque, and accept that he did indeed do what he said and followed Trumpster around for ages so may have some insights on the angry jar of bees that passes for his brain. Splashing your name all over the papers with these sorts of lies would be a good way to get sued for libel, and that seems a pointless risk to take when dealing with 2 scoops, the blundering piss baby who can't go one day without self-owning. Scepticism is good and cool, but I'm comfortable taking those articles at face value until there's contradictory evidence. Post it if you got it, either way it'll be funny and that's what this thread is about.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the hill im dying on is 'that washington post article is poo poo' and i will return like a phantom in the night whenever people post a garbage thinkpiece article as if it has any merit to it at all

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

sir, this is the lols thread

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

the hill im dying on is 'that washington post article is poo poo' and i will return like a phantom in the night whenever people post a garbage thinkpiece article as if it has any merit to it at all

Lmao

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Get the gently caress out of here retard. We're lolling at trump round these parts.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

lol, yes noted trump friend and scholar, nigga crab pollock, is surely qualified to call bullshit on a WaPo article.

i don't know what the bigger lol is. That Donald "Michael J. Fox" Trump is president of the US of A or that people actually think the sack of poo poo is worth defending.

hmbol

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

We can watch political moves unfold in real time, it's really a glorious time.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Stop harshing my lols, man.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/333803-first-republican-raises-impeachment-for-trump

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) posted:

Asked by The Hill if the details in the memo would merit impeachment if they're true, Amash replied: "Yes."

Asked by another reporter whether he trusted Comey's word or Trump's, Amash said: "I think it's pretty clear I have more confidence in Director Comey."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

alphabettitouretti posted:

I can accept him admitting that he was the ghost writer and he made up a load of poo poo (much of it at Trump's urging, allegedly) for a pay cheque, and accept that he did indeed do what he said and followed Trumpster around for ages so may have some insights on the angry jar of bees that passes for his brain. Splashing your name all over the papers with these sorts of lies would be a good way to get sued for libel, and that seems a pointless risk to take when dealing with 2 scoops, the blundering piss baby who can't go one day without self-owning. Scepticism is good and cool, but I'm comfortable taking those articles at face value until there's contradictory evidence. Post it if you got it, either way it'll be funny and that's what this thread is about.

the legal definition of libel in this country specifically excludes public figures unless you can prove in a court of law that the publication in question acted with reckless abandon and the burden of proof for that is so high that it effectively means you can't litigate defamation against public figures, especially someone as public as the president

the same publications we're talking about here asserted not four months ago that the president had a bunch of hookers piss on him

get loving real dude