Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If there's one small thing I can be happy about, the /mountbgm command means I can finally selectively keep my Bismarck bird music on, gently caress the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't wait to add a Companion Cube vendor to my room.

Asimo posted:

:lol: Square has no idea that this will just make western players stop queuing entirely.

I see MSQ Roulette is the new Guildhest Roulette.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Asimo posted:

:lol: Square has no idea that this will just make western players stop queuing entirely.

You legitimately have to cap me on weekly tomes to make me consider doing that.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Those WAR changes are bumming me out. It's just a bunch of tone-deaf unnecessary reworks to flatten out the damage graph.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bringing Perfect Balance to 60s is brilliant. That's basically every other pull at worst, which is super nice.

Free Divine Bennis is really good.

Surprised Skalla isn't in Exroo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Free divine Benne is fantastic. It never made much sense in the first place.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Surprised Skalla isn't in Exroo
Something something entry ilevel and item sync.

Though I half expected them to keep Ala Mhigo as part of EXDR for whatever reason.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I honestly have no idea why people are making GBS threads so much on msqr cutscenes. They're already the most braindead easy dungeons (unless your tank Leeroys directly into the parade of colossi but that was hilarious :allears:) and the cutscenes will add maybe 10 minutes of Netflix time to the run. I've had plenty of other roulettes go longer than that due to bads but CM and Praet are effectively idiot proof. Why not take your free Poetics?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Thundarr posted:

I honestly have no idea why people are making GBS threads so much on msqr cutscenes. They're already the most braindead easy dungeons (unless your tank Leeroys directly into the parade of colossi but that was hilarious :allears:) and the cutscenes will add maybe 10 minutes of Netflix time to the run. I've had plenty of other roulettes go longer than that due to bads but CM and Praet are effectively idiot proof. Why not take your free Poetics?

I don't need free poetics, is the thing

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The cutscenes run well longer than 10 minutes, especially if someone's a slow reader and doesn't click through them fast. Probably an easy 20 minutes.

That said I quit running MSQ roulette in 2.5 and have no intentions to go back.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

There's literally more than 30 minutes of cutscenes in Prae. CM is shorter but I think there's still a good 15 minutes there

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The last time I ran Prae, it was for one person to watch cutscenes, we ran it unsynced, and it still took north of 40 minutes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm never running main story roulette for 200 poetics. That's 40 minutes to an hour of my time. That's not a greatly increased reward.

If they put new tomes on it, maybe, but even then it would need a lot. Also gonna :lol: at groups with no newbies getting stuck watching everything.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
So WHM got a nice buff in Divine Benison not requiring lilies. Basically a free fairly substantial shield every 30 seconds, and a nice quality of life change.

Meanwhile, AST got its shittiest DPS card buffed slightly to be still the shittiest DPS card. PvP Draw still kicks the crap out of PvE Draw. Maybe in 4.4.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Agreed that newbless groups get a pretty funny gently caress you from this yeah.

I don't remember those cutscenes being nearly that long though, unless you get the world's slowest reader.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I don't actually think that change will cause MSDR to be emptied, and if it means less assholes in it ruining what is arguably the climax of the 2.0 story for newbies, I think it's a positive change.

If you only care about tomes MSDR was never the most efficient way to farm them anyway.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Agreed that newbless groups get a pretty funny gently caress you from this yeah.

I don't remember those cutscenes being nearly that long though, unless you get the world's slowest reader.

The average American is pretty loving bad at reading so YMMV.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Can't believe the 4 people who were running the MSQ roulette are going to have to stop now.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
the ongoing anguish of DRK posters on the tank forums is the sweetest honey

Personal wishlist of DRK changes before/at patch 4.2

->

Disapointed about DRK "changes"
DRK 4.2 Buff is a .50 - .60% DPS increase.
Dark Knight 4.2 Preliminary notes Feedback

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Am I reading these WAR changes right? Instead of getting a 20 sec berserk every 60 sec we're now getting a 10 sec berserk/IR every 90 sec?

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Kuvo posted:

Am I reading these WAR changes right? Instead of getting a 20 sec berserk every 60 sec we're now getting a 10 sec berserk/IR every 90 sec?

That, and also IR guarantees direct crits and makes all gauge burners free for the duration so you don't have to pool beforehand. Also the decoupling of Unchained from IR means you can use it in Defiance too.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Kuvo posted:

Yeah, it's a bizarre change. The tradeoff is that every attack done under Zerk/IR is a Direct Hit Critical, and in the case of IR specifically all Beast Gauge skills become free to use.

Whether or not this and the potency tweaks make up losing Zerk's 30% damage buff and Storm's Eye's buff being reduced to 10% is up in the air.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

I haven't played warrior since stormblood, but doesn't this make gameplay rather brainless? Just use beast gage abilities whenever, and every time berserk/IR comes up, spam fell cleave without cost ?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Philonius posted:

I haven't played warrior since stormblood, but doesn't this make gameplay rather brainless? Just use beast gage abilities whenever, and every time berserk/IR comes up, spam fell cleave without cost ?

Ostensibly yes. It's clearly meant to raise the skill floor, reduce the punishments, and flatten the dps graph.

Active buffs like Berserk are things they're trying to marginalize in whatever design doc they have scoped.

My main sticking point with this is that now I really don't know why they added these pointless loving meters/gauges to the game if you aren't meant to pay them much mind.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The mch changes were a nice lol, in brevity and detail

E: I do feel bad that the dev team doesn't seem to see the problems people have with mch, just saying I laughed

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 26, 2018

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I got sick of Praetoriun back in like 2.1. Amazed people were still running it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Basically IR is now 4 dh/crit fell cleaves, inner beasts, decimates, or steel cyclones, right?

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 26, 2018

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Basically IR is now 4 dh/crit fell cleaves, inner beasts, decimates, or steel cyclones.

That does sound kind of nice in an AOE situation though. I always found it frustrating that you have no AOE gauge building moves, so you either stick to overpower spam or hope to have some gauge saved before going in.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm thinking bigass pulls you stay in defiance, pop IR once you get the group together, drop some steel cyclones and then overpower spam with unchained until ready to drop the hammer again on the next pull.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
DRK buffs make me very sad, but I'll get over it. I'm baffled that Dark Passenger still exists in its current state.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Out of curiosity, how many poetics would be worth unskippable cutscenes?

For myself, I'd say like 400.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Rainuwastaken posted:

DRK buffs make me very sad, but I'll get over it. I'm baffled that Dark Passenger still exists in its current state.

Do you know how angry people would get if you straight up removed getsuga tenshou from this most anime of games?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nessus posted:

Depends on the rewards. They don't seem to be above bribery.

I mean if it's good tomestones or a pretty-much-guaranteed Wondrous Tails slot, hell yeah I will do it once a week

There would have to be a pretty significant tomestone hike, like to the point that running literally any other dungeon 3x wouldn't outpace it in both speed and tomes.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Poetics feed my gardening habits so I'll take what I can get.

The war changes are interesting but other than AoE spamming and extra spicy Trick Attack windows I'm not sure it's going to change their overall dps much?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rosalind posted:

400 of the current gear tomestone

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SL the Pyro posted:

Yeah, it's a bizarre change. The tradeoff is that every attack done under Zerk/IR is a Direct Hit Critical, and in the case of IR specifically all Beast Gauge skills become free to use.

Whether or not this and the potency tweaks make up losing Zerk's 30% damage buff and Storm's Eye's buff being reduced to 10% is up in the air.

drat it yoship. there's no way 4 DHCrit FCs will make up for the damage lost by the 30% buff.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Rosalind posted:

200 Poetics, 100 Creation, 50 Mendacity would do it.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Underappreciated

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Rosalind posted:

An entire level worth of XP. If we're taking tomes, a significant number of the top tier tomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Do you know how angry people would get if you straight up removed getsuga tenshou from this most anime of games?

I don't think he's saying it should be removed, but rather that it should be buffed when it's so unambiguously worthless.