Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The only things I had seen of the movie made it look pretty dumb but if the car scenes are great, I might give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cowboy elvis posted:

Imagine that I posted Baby Driver because that whole movie is very AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQkXHKwgSbA

DiggityDoink posted:

The only things I had seen of the movie made it look pretty dumb but if the car scenes are great, I might give it a shot.

It's good fun. If the gunfights set to music don't make you at least crack a grin then I dunno what your problem is.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 3, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
And words in the background matching lyrics in songs subtly.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah it edges towards art film territory but is really well done by not going overboard with it.

I know we've all dreamed about a movie where everything matches up with the music and now we have one and it happens to involve driving cars.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Yeah we saw it last night and thought it was very well done. I liked Edgar Wright from Scott pilgrim and I liked this about as much.

Oh and Shawn of the dead/hot fuzz/that bar at the end of the world one? What's that referred to as, the ice cream trilogy?

davebo fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 3, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wish that hawk eye WRX stuck around for a few more scenes.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

davebo posted:

Oh and Shawn of the dead/hot fuzz/that bar at the end of the world one? What's that referred to as, the ice cream trilogy?

Cornetto Trilogy. It's an ice cream cone in the UK. I've been a big Edgar Wright fm since Spaced, although I found the Worlds End was a bit meh. His directing style works really well for action comedy, there was a good YouTube video by Every Frame a Painting about his style.

Kinda miffed I didn't get to see it at the weekend, got bit by a dog and didn't fancy sitting through a film with a sore arm. Going to watch The Driver, Ronin, French Connection this week to get in the mood before seeing it on Saturday though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

stump posted:

Cornetto Trilogy. It's an ice cream cone in the UK. I've been a big Edgar Wright fm since Spaced, although I found the Worlds End was a bit meh. His directing style works really well for action comedy, there was a good YouTube video by Every Frame a Painting about his style.

Kinda miffed I didn't get to see it at the weekend, got bit by a dog and didn't fancy sitting through a film with a sore arm. Going to watch The Driver, Ronin, French Connection this week to get in the mood before seeing it on Saturday though.

We're fighting.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
World's End was garbage. The other two are gold tier amazing though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

WE'RE FIGHTING

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

World's End is not bad but it's definitely the weakest of the three.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I identify with all the worst parts of Gary King so it's my favorite.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's going to be a midnight screening of Baby Driver at a nearby film festival this Wednesday, otherwise I'd have to wait until the end of the month for the regular premiere. The hype levels are pretty high though so I'm really considering going there just to see it mainly.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Happy early 4th :911:

I don't know anything more about this than I see some old fella driving it around town. He even wears a formal airman outift complete with hat, which you can kind of see

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 3, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rhyno posted:

WE'RE FIGHTING

I got your back on this one.

"Not as good as Hot Fuzz and Shawn of the Dead" I'll pay, but garbage? gently caress outta here.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dr.Caligari posted:

I don't know anything more about this than I see some old fella driving it around town. He even wears a formal airman outift complete with hat, which you can kind of see

Maybe if you posted it larger than a postage stamp (115 x 160... so small... ) I could see what it is! :v:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

World's End was total garbage. Baby Driver is excellent though (as is the rest of his work).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

drgitlin posted:

World's End was total garbage. Baby Driver is excellent though (as is the rest of his work).

:respek:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Fixed yer poo poo.

Dr.Caligari posted:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Dr.Caligari posted:

Looks like a cabin motorcycle with training wheels.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Dr.Caligari posted:

That's a Litestar Pulse autocycle.

http://www.bike-urious.com/1985-pulse-autocycle/

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

The Locator posted:

Maybe if you posted it larger than a postage stamp (115 x 160... so small... ) I could see what it is! :v:

Apologies. My laptop isn't working and I'm having to post from a tablet

I'm also turning into an old man that gets frustrated at electronics

e;Thanks DropShadow! That's some good info, this is the only one I've ever seen and didn't know they were so rare. Next time I see that guy in town I might have to say hi and get some pictures.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 4, 2017

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Dr.Caligari posted:

Apologies. My laptop isn't working and I'm having to post from a tablet

I'm also turning into an old man that gets frustrated at electronics

e;Thanks DropShadow! That's some good info, this is the only one I've ever seen and didn't know they were so rare. Next time I see that guy in town I might have to say hi and get some pictures.

Just remember, if your imgur link ends with ABCDEFGt.jpg It's going to make them Tiny. In my quoted posts, I changed your linkts to ABCDEFGh.jpg, which stands for Huge. If you remove the suffix character altogether it displays the image in it's original resolution, which the forums now prevent from breaking tables, even if they are ginourmous.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here's some obscure poo poo. This is the '61 Karosa Dingo W4 camper, kind of looks like a baby airstream. Cost like 2/3rds of the old-school Skoda Octavia also seen in the photos, or about 15 months of average monthly incomes. Not too bad really, but only about 50 of these were made and not that many people had their own cars anyway to tow it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There was a similar one made in canada around that same time called by a company called boler. They have a pretty strong following, and even lovely ones seem to go for $5k these days but there are a ton around.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:sweden:

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

xzzy posted:

I know we've all dreamed about a movie where everything matches up with the music and now we have one and it happens to involve driving cars.

And it's a heist flick with Kevin Spacey. What's not to love? (Haven't seen it yet, but heard an NPR interview with the director and bank-robbing consultant the other day, sounds like it's good.)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/kd97FZo.mp4

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

e: wrong thread
e2: this guy too^ those dogs coulda got smushed.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

TotalLossBrain posted:

Some stuff I've seen locally recently.

Since I can't imagine there are that many kei firetrucks running around Washington state I'm gonna assume that came from SODO Moto in Seattle. It sure looks like this one. A friend of mine works there, I've been meaning to stop by and gawk at their wares.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Photo was taken in Richland. Next time I see the guy in his driveway I'll ask.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Photo was taken in Richland. Next time I see the guy in his driveway I'll ask.

Richland WA?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

One of these drove past me the other day and I straight up didn't know what the gently caress it was. By chance, someone else had spotted one yesterday and said what it was. On the way home it drifted past me again with an old fella piloting, clearly knowing he was cool for owning it.

Maserati Merak

Interior is noice

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 5, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I knew what it was straight away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx0S3cIW-q8

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dipshit could've killed his dog :(

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

meltie posted:

Richland WA?

Yes

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Since I can't imagine there are that many kei firetrucks running around Washington state I'm gonna assume that came from SODO Moto in Seattle. It sure looks like this one. A friend of mine works there, I've been meaning to stop by and gawk at their wares.

Wonder where that AZ-1 came from because unless that's used as some sort of museum exemption sort of thing it is not federally legal under any circumstances. When I see an import dealer in the US doing that it call into question absolutely everything else they do. Hopefully they didn't import and sell it.
October this year is when the very first ones manufactured become legal. And that's only the ones made in October 1992.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 5, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ishikabibble posted:

The original 60s Batmobile was actually a hand-built-by-Ghia Lincoln show car prototype that then went to famous car customizer George Barris to get done up for the show. :eng101:

I imagine the original prop is pure quality.

That's a fair point. I'm used to the more modern props being made to look good on camera, but not really standing up to closer inspection, in most cases. Sometimes the hero prop is actually pretty good.

Also, you guys have convinced me to go see Baby Driver.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Someone finally managed to make a not-Ferrari I really like. It's a one-off based on a much-modified Nova body, a chassis from a different kit (P4 replica I think he said?) and with a 3.0 Alfa V6:

It was like what a 288 would be if designed in the 70s, very Stratos-esque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

CommieGIR posted:

Dipshit could've killed his dog :(

"I'm a good boy, but gently caress this guy"