Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

mcclay posted:

thanks i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Holy poo poo, whoever thought that up seriously thought they could get away with just slapping some random woman's forged signature on a sexual harassment claim and expect it to get any kind of traction in the media?! I mean, with that project veritas attempt they might have been able to pull it off if they did a better job of scrubbing the woman's history off the Internet, but to expect that anyone would believe a document that the woman in question immediately disavowed and said was forged is...

it's an impressive level of stupidity from a group of people that I've already learned to expect stupidity from.
I mean, this is basic alt-right doctrine here: anyone can lie about harassment of any kind, at any time, and automatically be believed! No matter how many times they "debunk" sexual assault "hoaxes" by bringing up minuscule discrepancies in someone's story, the liberal media just keeps brainwashing people into believing it, because that's what fits "the narrative." To these assholes, every woman without iron-clad, 100% consistent evidence of sexual assault is a liar, manipulator, and fake victim. Unproven allegations are no different from lies in their minds. "Mattress girl"? Fake victim. Ke$ha? Lying to get out of a contract. Lady Gaga? Lying for attention. Trump accusers? Lying to influence the election. Moore accusers? Paid by Soros.

When you're this committed to the "women just keep lying and the media believes it every time" narrative, the logical conclusion is that it's easy to sell a bullshit sexual assault story to the media and no one will fact-check it. When their obvious lies fall apart, they're invariably surprised that THIS time no one believed it.

I hope they keep trying and keep publicly falling on their asses until no one but a tiny fringe of right-wing lunatics believes that it's easy to lie about rape.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

:umberto:

DSLAM
Apr 4, 2008

Ah

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

pookel posted:

I mean, this is basic alt-right doctrine here: anyone can lie about harassment of any kind, at any time, and automatically be believed! No matter how many times they "debunk" sexual assault "hoaxes" by bringing up minuscule discrepancies in someone's story, the liberal media just keeps brainwashing people into believing it, because that's what fits "the narrative." To these assholes, every woman without iron-clad, 100% consistent evidence of sexual assault is a liar, manipulator, and fake victim. Unproven allegations are no different from lies in their minds. "Mattress girl"? Fake victim. Ke$ha? Lying to get out of a contract. Lady Gaga? Lying for attention. Trump accusers? Lying to influence the election. Moore accusers? Paid by Soros.

When you're this committed to the "women just keep lying and the media believes it every time" narrative, the logical conclusion is that it's easy to sell a bullshit sexual assault story to the media and no one will fact-check it. When their obvious lies fall apart, they're invariably surprised that THIS time no one believed it.

I hope they keep trying and keep publicly falling on their asses until no one but a tiny fringe of right-wing lunatics believes that it's easy to lie about rape.

Forgery is an actual crime

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

I like how the framing leads one to believe that the name of the webcomic is Retard Dimension and not just the comic title

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gorilla mindset........ guerrilla mindset??

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Oh, Joey Gibson....

https://twitter.com/PNWAWC/status/940832373360472066

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

There's no way he read Giap's biography.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
guerilla mindtet

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Holy poo poo, whoever thought that up seriously thought they could get away with just slapping some random woman's forged signature on a sexual harassment claim and expect it to get any kind of traction in the media?! I mean, with that project veritas attempt they might have been able to pull it off if they did a better job of scrubbing the woman's history off the Internet, but to expect that anyone would believe a document that the woman in question immediately disavowed and said was forged is...

it's an impressive level of stupidity from a group of people that I've already learned to expect stupidity from.

i really hope he got framed by the "anonymous" source he was communicating with by "encrypted emai" because that would make him even more dumb and gullible

lmao

Qurnah has issued a correction as of 22:43 on Dec 13, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Uncle Tho

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/mmalloyboy/status/940806479514357766

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i need to read that book now. did Giap write anything thats been translated into english?

Edit.

Ok found a ton on amazon. cool

yeah thernovich hasnt read poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

good. and cool. bannon is at fault for this shitshow on so many levels its not even funny.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

No joke, I heard "Gorilla Mindset" spoken long before I ever saw the title in print and for a very long time assumed it was the second spelling and that it was like, a self help book based around the philosophy of hit-and-run attacks and ambushes and poo poo.

Honestly I was kind of disappointed when I finally looked up the real thing :(

Edit: "The Key to self-actualization is Punji traps! Many, many punji traps!"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bannon’s going down lol

Gonna loving crown Louise Mensch queen of the COINTEL Valkyries if that death penalty tweet was true

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

good. and cool. bannon is at fault for this shitshow on so many levels its not even funny.

Browsing pol last night I was like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZcSCT34H84

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the funniest thing ive read about bannon is that he apparently doesnt drink.

i mean if youre going to look like The King Of Alchies you might as well embrace it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the funniest thing ive read about bannon is that he apparently doesnt drink.

i mean if youre going to look like The King Of Alchies you might as well embrace it

bullshit

or lol if he proclaims he doesn’t drink but houses fat lines every half hour

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: 'I didn't have a drinking problem - but I didn't have a drinking solution.' Steve Bannon guzzled beers, champagne and Bloody Marys - but went cold turkey and got sober thanks to his Catholic faith and daily 'spiritual exercises'

Steve Bannon swore off drinking after he nursed a bad hangover with Bloody Marys, champagne and six beers before bed one night in 1998

The now 63-year-old decided to call it quits because two months of the London drinking culture made him think: 'I look like s**t, and I feel like s**t'

Bannon used his deeply rooted Catholicism to help him stay sober with the teachings of St. Ignatius Loyola by partaking in daily spiritual exercises

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

theflyingexecutive posted:

bullshit

or lol if he proclaims he doesn’t drink but houses fat lines every half hour

Pervitin

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

i hate everything about this and while i don't know if adam conover had anything to do with it i still want to punch him

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

EXCLUSIVE: 'I didn't have a drinking problem - but I didn't have a drinking solution.' Steve Bannon guzzled beers, champagne and Bloody Marys - but went cold turkey and got sober thanks to his Catholic faith and daily 'spiritual exercises'

Steve Bannon swore off drinking after he nursed a bad hangover with Bloody Marys, champagne and six beers before bed one night in 1998

The now 63-year-old decided to call it quits because two months of the London drinking culture made him think: 'I look like s**t, and I feel like s**t'

Bannon used his deeply rooted Catholicism to help him stay sober with the teachings of St. Ignatius Loyola by partaking in daily spiritual exercises

the bottle is calling, steve

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i googled what he looks like irl and now i want him immolated

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

what the gently caress how bad did he look before if this is the new man version

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

i googled what he looks like irl and now i want him immolated

a broken clock is right twice a day, and the alt-right are correct about Adam Ruins Everything being unfunny

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Adam Ruins Everything is the “well-actually” of shows

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theflyingexecutive posted:

Adam Ruins Everything is the “well-actually” of shows

that's its literal gimmick

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

🎵there is power in a union🎵

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Right into my veins

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/941063831631159296

figured I'd drop this off here before actually reading it

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

kind of strange to use Adam Conover here since that doesn't really align with his position on sexism. apparently he has debated against Lauren Southern on the topic of sexism in video games.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

weren't jesuits known for being hard drinkers?

i googled it, and Loyola only mentions drinking twice in his spiritual excercises, and only advocates moderation with alcohol. The next link on google is that bannon article. just another way steve bannon is full of poo poo.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i still think bannon just switched from alcohol to pills

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

LordSaturn posted:

figured I'd drop this off here before actually reading it
Ashley Feinberg is my hero.

She's also the one who figured out James Comey's personal Twitter account, back when he was still FBI director and it only had half a dozen tweets. He responded with an "I'm not even mad, that's amazing" meme and a link to the FBI careers website.