Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah I don't really enjoy collectathons like that so I'll admit to being mildly miffed that Hatblazer eidos are behind the Clockie statue, but, eh. I'll get over it, there's guides. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm still missing the 2nd trash can in Dreamflux Reef or whatever the new town area is called.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's also an online map with all the item locations

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Dazerbeams posted:

I despise this Clockie event.

to the point where i’m leaving a couple of pulls’ worth of jades on the table despite saving back up for boothill. i maxed out the lightcone, i’m good on all the rest of this

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Clarste posted:

I'm still missing the 2nd trash can in Dreamflux Reef or whatever the new town area is called.

you have to examine the bubbles behind the start of the zone in the train station

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I used Ratio with the Break crew this MoC

It was fun.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

MNSNTZR posted:

to the point where i’m leaving a couple of pulls’ worth of jades on the table despite saving back up for boothill. i maxed out the lightcone, i’m good on all the rest of this

Give yourself a few days and then plow through the rest of it. If I can manage to get 100,000 points on the stupid Hanu Wars infinity thing, anyone can power through bullshit content.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Clarste posted:

https://star-rail-map.appsample.com/

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I loving love ulting twice in a row with Acheron (G&G)

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
I managed to pull Robin yesterday. I leveled her up as much as possible. I don't think she's outrageous, but then again I can't really max her out. I'm now working on pulling for Topaz. She's one I missed from a while ago. Having Numby around to find chests would be nice, too.

I'm just not excited for Boothill. Hunt characters don't really impress me, and having him be a sort of a McCreeCassidy character. Though the fake swearing is pretty funny.

I also don't know if I'm going to pull for Jade. From what I've seen, I don't really understand her kit and how she fits with other teams. Maybe I'm just missing something.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Dazerbeams posted:

Give yourself a few days and then plow through the rest of it. If I can manage to get 100,000 points on the stupid Hanu Wars infinity thing, anyone can power through bullshit content.

Yeah but why? I'd rather not get 10 jades and stick with my 80k high score.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Just don't play the events you don't want to. I will never finish aetherium wars

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

But 10 jade! And my brain screaming at me for not being a completionist!

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

THE RED !

YOU CANNOT IGNORE THIS

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
all you need to do is try

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

IllusionistTrixie posted:

THE RED !

YOU CANNOT IGNORE THIS

I'm glad that I stopped getting those on each banner every day. That was irritating

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dazerbeams posted:

And my brain screaming at me for not being a completionist!

Thank gently caress I got the optimizer brainworms and not the completionist brainworms.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I got the completionist ones. The achievements I need specific characters for will haunt me until I just deal with it and pull even the ones I don't want.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m hoping when they rerun Huohuo they’ll make it so you can get her achievement in the trial.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The alternate endings for these movies are grim, huh

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Traveller posted:

Mihoyo, release the SnyderClocky Cut!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

unruly posted:

I managed to pull Robin yesterday. I leveled her up as much as possible. I don't think she's outrageous, but then again I can't really max her out. I'm now working on pulling for Topaz. She's one I missed from a while ago. Having Numby around to find chests would be nice, too.

I'm just not excited for Boothill. Hunt characters don't really impress me, and having him be a sort of a McCreeCassidy character. Though the fake swearing is pretty funny.

I also don't know if I'm going to pull for Jade. From what I've seen, I don't really understand her kit and how she fits with other teams. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Robin will feel a lot better when you have Topaz built up. While I think she's very whelming in every other team, in Dr. Numby she slaps and feels awesome.

Jade is a follow up based subdps who wants an ally that does aoe attacks. She gains stacks off how many enemies they hit per attack. At 8 stacks, she does a big aoe. So in any pure fiction team she's goated. You could run her and Blade together since her buffed ally loses hp when they attack and Blade does plenty of aoe. She could support destruction chars in moc okay, though that's not the best return on her follow up. My impression is that outside of pure fiction and Blade specifically she'll be a bit mediocre. Love to be shown to be wrong and that she works in MoC though as I love her animations but don't like pulling for a character only good in one thing unless I love them.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jade will make Argenti great again!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Argenti, like America, is already great

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

In Jade's current version she's even a bit problematic for Pure Fiction because the character she buffs loses 5% HP per attack. That means the character either needs a self-heal/self-shield like Blade or Firefly, or you need to bring a sustain on the team (which isn't usually recommended for PF). Or just finish extremely quickly, I suppose, but using her with people that seem like naturals such as Jing Yuan or Herta quickly winds up with those characters having dangerously low HP. Herta especially. And since a lot of PF enemies are set up to attack immediately upon being spawned, you can't even always rely on just pure DPS. That damage matters.

In her current state, she seems like one of the most limited and specialized characters to be released in the entire course of the game. Far more than even Topaz. Not saying she's bad or anything, she's just extremely specialized and requires very particular teammates as things stand. That said, she's very impressive within her niche. She deals a ton of damage, both directly and by adding damage to her teammate's AOE attacks.

And, of course, it's quite likely she'll get some kind of changes during the course of the beta. That almost always happens.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Traveller posted:

Yeah, this and the PF bird going "no, if you had told the truth about Belobog, it would have destroyed itself through civil war" seems to be the writers saying the choices made had to be made that way or way worse poo poo would have happened. It's a little irksome, honestly.

Eimi posted:

Robin will feel a lot better when you have Topaz built up. While I think she's very whelming in every other team, in Dr. Numby she slaps and feels awesome.

Jade is a follow up based subdps who wants an ally that does aoe attacks. She gains stacks off how many enemies they hit per attack. At 8 stacks, she does a big aoe. So in any pure fiction team she's goated. You could run her and Blade together since her buffed ally loses hp when they attack and Blade does plenty of aoe. She could support destruction chars in moc okay, though that's not the best return on her follow up. My impression is that outside of pure fiction and Blade specifically she'll be a bit mediocre. Love to be shown to be wrong and that she works in MoC though as I love her animations but don't like pulling for a character only good in one thing unless I love them.

I have no Argenti or Jing Yuan but boy howdy that won't stop me from pulling for the awful debt contract woman!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bad Video Games posted:

Jade will make Argenti great again!

I mean, she's probably the worst with him compared to the other Eruditions with all-targeting skills, if only because he doesn't have a follow-up attack.

librarerun posted:

I have no Argenti or Jing Yuan but boy howdy that won't stop me from pulling for the awful debt contract woman!

In her current state on beta, Herta synergizes with her far more than either of those two. Since she's both counting hits and adding a flat amount of damage per hit, whenever Herta spins 5 times Jade is adding 5 times as much value as she adds to anyone else.

Like, I'm sure she's usable with others, but she's made for Herta. Until the change her.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 15, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Herta, Himeko and Blade are all great partners for her. Himeko a little less since she loses 15% crit when going under 80% HP.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And Argenti! As often as he can ult, it'll be trivial to get Jade's follow-up pretty regularly.

As for using her in Pure Fiction, Luocha and Aventurine are the perfect sustains for that mode.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/marisahonkai/status/1790371209471041545

https://twitter.com/marisahonkai/status/1790371900579000698

Can't wait to cut down on all these launchers on my taskbar...

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I ended up running Mr. Ratio for side 2 too, but in a hypercarry comp. Floor 12 actually felt pretty simple this time around (I still need to do the previous floor 12 since that was giving me some trouble, but didn’t do many tries yet).

First side was one and done using Pela, Acheron, Sparkle and trend Gepard (steamy hot Gepard on Gepard action). Very straightforward. Second side *would* have been straightforward but I had to restart the side twice because SW kept getting bullied. I used Ratio, BS, SW and Huohuo. I brought BS because wind was useful, but also because I wanted to test her. I was finally able to move her off of Eyes of the Prey to It’s Showtime since I have enough Effect Hit Rate from relics alone; Showtime has noticeably more damage for her so I’m happy to see that relic workout was worth it.

I don’t think I’ve used a hypercarry setup for Ratio before since he’s usually tied at the hip to Topaz, but although the turn count was close it ended up working well (probably due to the energy given by this MoC buff). Afterwards though I wasn’t sure if BS defense down stacked with SW defense down so maybe it wasn’t the best choice. I would have used Sparkle instead of BS but she is always on my Acheron team.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Anyone got any opinions on Boothill's build options?

I know the numbers. I'm just not sure if I should be going for the Genius set or Thief set. Defense shred is one of the only ways to increase Super Break, but is that 10% worth losing 32%+ break effect? Especially since that BE loss means I might not hit the magic 300%.

Also, apparently there's new relic sets in 2.3 that are supposed to be BiS for Boot and Sam. Has anyone seen any concrete numbers on those?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Bad Video Games posted:

Anyone got any opinions on Boothill's build options?

I know the numbers. I'm just not sure if I should be going for the Genius set or Thief set. Defense shred is one of the only ways to increase Super Break, but is that 10% worth losing 32%+ break effect? Especially since that BE loss means I might not hit the magic 300%.

Also, apparently there's new relic sets in 2.3 that are supposed to be BiS for Boot and Sam. Has anyone seen any concrete numbers on those?

I found these

The def ignore seems really nice on paper but tbh I have no idea how that affects numbers compared to others. I am still pretty ignorant about break stuff, since I’ve ignored break teams, but with firefly coming I’ll have to learn sooner than later. Just looking at it though I don’t think any set will trump the new break set for a break dps.

E: I’m also curious who the other new set will be best for. Maybe Clara? I don’t want to refarm after the Duke pieces I got…

rio fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 15, 2024

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How do I beat this stupid boss, I only have Himiko for fire DPS; Dr. Ratio, Im Trailblazer, ILDH, for Imaginary; and only Bailu for Electricity?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, Clara will like that new set. So will Argenti and any follow-up characters not on Ratio's team. It's definitely decent for Jade, but she might be fine in the Genius set. And it will be a sidegrade for Herta and Himeko. It might be slightly better for those 2?

That break set is interesting. If you have a Genius set with really good break substats, then you could probably ignore it.

I think I'm just going to farm the Thief cavern. It's the most efficient use of my time right now.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Gallagher is just silly on a hat blazer team. The man becomes a dps with healing attached and I cannot get his e6 fast enough

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Anora posted:

How do I beat this stupid boss, I only have Himiko for fire DPS; Dr. Ratio, Im Trailblazer, ILDH, for Imaginary; and only Bailu for Electricity?

Imaginary Dragon and Hatblazer should be enough? I do the EoW version with Team IPC, and they're all single target. What's the issue?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

rio posted:

I found these

The def ignore seems really nice on paper but tbh I have no idea how that affects numbers compared to others.

Assuming a level 95 enemy and a level 80 attacker with no other defense shred/ignore, getting 18% ignore takes the defense multiplier from .465 to .514. That's roughly a 10.5% increase in damage. The more defense shred/ignore you have, though, the more impactful that gets.

This is not wholly accurate anymore because it was for level 90 bosses and not level 95, but this shows how each point of defense shred/ignore gets better than the previous. (sourced from MrPokke)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
it sleeps my healer, then every enemy takes 2 whole turns to systematically kill one person before the rest of my team can even act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Anora posted:

it sleeps my healer

And this is why I think people who say Fu Xuan has fallen off are loving insane. No-selling CC is such a huge force multiplier.