Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Node posted:

Whats an easy to learn Trag'Oul build? I looked at some of the builds on Diablofans, and it seems the strongest is one where you have lots of CDR, have Simulacrum and Land of the Dead, and you blood rush around, gathering up elite packs, and unleashing your two big skills on the packs, rinse and repeat. Does anyone have a suggestion for T13/Rift farming build?

There's a blood mage trags build which is a lot better for farming if you still want to use the set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's kinda weird how I lost all interest into the game since finishing the journey, it's just waiting for the next season now. Maybe Seasons and patch cycles need to be shorter.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tahirovic posted:

It's kinda weird how I lost all interest into the game since finishing the journey, it's just waiting for the next season now. Maybe Seasons and patch cycles need to be shorter.

This happens every season. Everybody burns out in the first month. I like it the way it is though, gives me time to get interested in the game again when there's a couple months between.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

Usually happens to me as well when I lose that 'season journey' carrot to chase as the leaderboard one doesn't appeal to me. That first week after a long break is all the better for it, but I wouldn't mind if they were 2 months long instead just to get that awesome week more often.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Larrymer posted:

This happens every season. Everybody burns out in the first month. I like it the way it is though, gives me time to get interested in the game again when there's a couple months between.

It's almost as if there's things to do after season's journey that isn't "chasing leaderboards"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I hear getting a full primal set for you and your followers is all the rage. :v:

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Dameius posted:

I hear getting a full primal set for you and your followers is all the rage. :v:

You joke but my Templar has mostly primal BIS slot poo poo this season. Me on the other hand.....a halocyon's acesent with life regen and other trash rolls no socket.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
I have never found a primal anything, but in all fairness this is my first season ever. I am very excited to get my new stash tab, the moment I do my first augmentation to complete the season quest thing. Speaking of which, I have never augmented, I have a level 60 gem, what should I augment???

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strangepants-1244/hero/92185269

I would really like to be able to do T80, but I'm not quite sure how to get there from here.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Augment the ancient you are the least likely to find a replacement for.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remember you have to complete Greater Rift 70 once in order for primals to start dropping. Obtaining them though is not that big of a deal, they usually suck and they are ultra rare.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
My lon wd is the only char i have that wears a primal, the boots. Dont wait until you get primsls to augment it aint worth it. Once you get a decent ancient feel free to augment.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Also dont be me and accidentally augment an int item with strength.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Guilty posted:

It's almost as if there's things to do after season's journey that isn't "chasing leaderboards"

I'm not sure what point/argument you're trying to make sarcastically. Most folks (me included) seem to get to a certain point/hit whatever goals they set for themselves and quit/get bored then wait for the next season. Leaderboards and eternal grinding are fine if that's your thing.

To me, it just gets to a certain point where it's no longer fun to grind for ancient items, 1% DPS increases, 1 level higher GR, grinding gems, etc. Once I get to a certain power level (~GR75) that's about as far as I want to go. I made a monk this season for 4 man GRs to try it finally and I played it for one game of 90s GRs. It's not for me. :shrug:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Larrymer posted:

To me, it just gets to a certain point where it's no longer fun to grind for ancient items, 1% DPS increases, 1 level higher GR, grinding gems, etc. Once I get to a certain power level (~GR75) that's about as far as I want to go. I made a monk this season for 4 man GRs to try it finally and I played it for one game of 90s GRs. It's not for me. :shrug:
:yeah:

I like this about D3, honestly. It lets me play for a month, then go find any of a myriad other things in the world to do with my time until a new season/patch hits and there are balance changes etc. to futz around with. And none of it costs a dime!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Dr Strangepants posted:

I have never found a primal anything, but in all fairness this is my first season ever. I am very excited to get my new stash tab, the moment I do my first augmentation to complete the season quest thing. Speaking of which, I have never augmented, I have a level 60 gem, what should I augment???

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strangepants-1244/hero/92185269

I would really like to be able to do T80, but I'm not quite sure how to get there from here.

Don't know much about Wiz, but those gloves (enchanted to 10% crit) look very good if build needs CDR, and are probably "the ancient you are the least likely to find a replacement for".

And since you already have the gems you use at 70+, no reason not to get the one for augmenting up to that as well.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Also dont be me and accidentally augment an int item with strength.

Haha, yeah. My first augment fuckup wasted gem for vitality, so not a complete write-off, but use Topaz. "One of the following" doesn't make it very clear that you have to use correct colour for class.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

xiansi posted:

Don't know much about Wiz, but those gloves (enchanted to 10% crit) look very good if build needs CDR, and are probably "the ancient you are the least likely to find a replacement for".

And since you already have the gems you use at 70+, no reason not to get the one for augmenting up to that as well.

Haha, yeah. My first augment fuckup wasted gem for vitality, so not a complete write-off, but use Topaz. "One of the following" doesn't make it very clear that you have to use correct colour for class.

Yea no kidding, its obvious in hindsight but i was so excited to do my first augment i just grabed the first 3 gems i saw.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Larrymer posted:

I'm not sure what point/argument you're trying to make sarcastically. Most folks (me included) seem to get to a certain point/hit whatever goals they set for themselves and quit/get bored then wait for the next season. Leaderboards and eternal grinding are fine if that's your thing.

Then maybe you and the rest of the casual crew can lay off the thread when people who actually play the game give useful advice instead of just crying "tryhard leaderboard chasers!!!!" And making GBS threads up the thread??

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Finally bought the necro pack and it's insane to me how easy it is to get one running compared to other classes. Feels borderline pay to win but I'm having fun so :shrug:

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

great big cardboard tube posted:

Finally bought the necro pack and it's insane to me how easy it is to get one running compared to other classes. Feels borderline pay to win but I'm having fun so :shrug:

Eh its the Blizzard way. New classes/toys are always a lil OP.

Depending on how cynical you are its either

A: Devs arent sure how balance will be and wanna make sure the new thing is fun instead of underwhelming

B: its to steal max money from gamers.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Guilty posted:

Then maybe you and the rest of the casual crew can lay off the thread when people who actually play the game give useful advice instead of just crying "tryhard leaderboard chasers!!!!" And making GBS threads up the thread??

Yes, I can't wait for this to happen so this thread can have 2 new posts every week with you and the other person who consider themselves 'elite d3ers'.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

You joke but my Templar has mostly primal BIS slot poo poo this season. Me on the other hand.....a halocyon's acesent with life regen and other trash rolls no socket.

I was poking fun at Serrod's quest to get a full set of yellows with the word primal in their name.

As for normal legendaries, I'd not mind trying to build a hodgepodge LoN build out of the grab bag of orimals you get out of the season and then try and do the highest GR you can with it. It'd be interesting challenge at least.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Guilty posted:

quote:

About the Author

This build is presented to you by Deadset, one of the very few professional Diablo 3 players. Deadset regularly publishes video guides on Youtube and streams on Twitch, where you can see how this and other builds play out in practice.

When does Season 11 end? I gave up on mastering a set dungeon and the last tier to get the stash tab looks too frustrating to be worthwhile, but I need a time sink while I listen to podcasts.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Guilty posted:

:lol: The irony of "making GBS threads up the thread" :allears:

Go back and read my posts. I try to give advice to people even though I'm just some filthy "casual" and not some elitist diablo nerd (I'm a lesser nerd in the diablo nerd hierarchy, apparently) I even said that if high end stuff is what you're into, fine. Your words were "chasing leaderboards," not mine. Maybe stop being so defensive since I wasn't attacking you or anyone based on how they play a loving video game because who cares? Do what's fun. For you. The end.

Also please post your bnet profile. I want to see what a real player's account looks like.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dameius posted:

I was poking fun at Serrod's quest to get a full set of yellows with the word primal in their name.

I'm still short a ring and an offhand, but starting tomorrow, I'll be playing a lot more SC2 co-op and little-to-no Diablo until S12. Maybe I'll find the 2 missing pieces next season!

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrSeRRoD-1112/hero/90278120

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 29, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Guilty posted:

There's a blood mage trags build which is a lot better for farming if you still want to use the set

Would you mind passing along a link?

e: nm, I think I found it. It's decent, nice for going cruise control through rifts.

Node fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 29, 2017

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm using a rathma/jeseth build I found online with witching hour, coe, haunted visions in place of binding/travelers set and simulacrum+reservoir in place of curse. The damage is just obscene when you have 620 essence mages

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I'm using a rathma/jeseth build I found online with witching hour, coe, haunted visions in place of binding/travelers set and simulacrum+reservoir in place of curse. The damage is just obscene when you have 620 essence mages

And when you get to the high 90s poo poo still takes forever to die :(

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Guilty posted:

lmao

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Dross posted:

And when you get to the high 90s poo poo still takes forever to die :(

I just did a 90 with no augments, only 2 ancients, tons of bad rolls, <1000 paragon and with 2 of my gems <50 but I'll report back I guess

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Shumagorath posted:

When does Season 11 end? I gave up on mastering a set dungeon and the last tier to get the stash tab looks too frustrating to be worthwhile, but I need a time sink while I listen to podcasts.

Well S11 started July 20 and seasons last 3 months so we're looking sometime around the 3rd week of October, so plenty of time. Mastering a set dungeon isn't bad, every class has at least one that is considered a joke. If you're a Necro, the Rathma dungeon is really easy.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I just did a 90 with no augments, only 2 ancients, tons of bad rolls, <1000 paragon and with 2 of my gems <50 but I'll report back I guess

I farm 90 in sub-5 minutes but still top out at 97. The scaling gets pretty intense.

Also, does anybody know if Pain Enhancer damage procs on hit effects? I swapped out Blind Faith in my lazystorm farming build so I could cube different jewelry instead of RoRG but I do feel like I'm killing slower. I know the bonestorm effect got its proc coefficient lowered so it wouldn't be causing the blind on hit as much but if PE damage has a more appropriate proc rate then it's still worth the RoRG.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
How critical is it to roll high damage on the Manald Heal proc? Like, obviously more damage is better, but how noticeable is a mediocre 13500 vs. a nice 13950? That's only a 4% difference, but it is the main source of damage for Archon builds. I'm tempted to use it in the cube and try to get a RoRG but neither are particularly easy to get ideal rolls on.

Also, last night I upgraded 3 pieces on my Wizard with ancient versions in one game. Fan-loving-tastic RNG.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dr Strangepants posted:

How critical is it to roll high damage on the Manald Heal proc? Like, obviously more damage is better, but how noticeable is a mediocre 13500 vs. a nice 13950? That's only a 4% difference, but it is the main source of damage for Archon builds. I'm tempted to use it in the cube and try to get a RoRG but neither are particularly easy to get ideal rolls on.

You'll be fine but its capped out if you cube it and just wear the RoRG

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Manald Heal has a better chance of rolling well compared to RoRG, which is always locked to aspd/lph, but if you don't have a strong proc roll on your MH (like within ~5% of max) then it's still probably better to cube the Manald and wear the RoRG.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, cube the worse of the two you have but focus more on just getting the gear together to get the build going.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Wondering if I could get some help on my crusader. Started season 11 after not having played a few seasons, and doing OK I guess. At grift 59 so far, but want to get higher obviously. My character is here: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sjonkel-2126/hero/98892939

Of the upgrades I want, is another Unity so my templar can wear it, and a focus for him so he doesn't die. Also looking for a Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Other than that, I seem to have most items recommended at Icy-Veins. All any any tips would be great.

I also have the full 6 set of the Blessed Hammer set, but obviously missing more pieces overall. Is that a better build to go for overall? Can start using mats and blood shards to try to get what I need, which is mostly the weapon, bracers and pants.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Sjonkel posted:

Wondering if I could get some help on my crusader. Started season 11 after not having played a few seasons, and doing OK I guess. At grift 59 so far, but want to get higher obviously. My character is here: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sjonkel-2126/hero/98892939

Of the upgrades I want, is another Unity so my templar can wear it, and a focus for him so he doesn't die. Also looking for a Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Other than that, I seem to have most items recommended at Icy-Veins. All any any tips would be great.

I also have the full 6 set of the Blessed Hammer set, but obviously missing more pieces overall. Is that a better build to go for overall? Can start using mats and blood shards to try to get what I need, which is mostly the weapon, bracers and pants.

Looks pretty good so far.

Get your legendary gem levels up. This is a huge part of your damage.

ORotZ is definitely your biggest need at the moment. Getting it will allow you to have AC up about 60-70% of the time.

If you're struggling for with toughness, you can switch your Long Arm of the Law passive for the Health/Wrath spent passive. If you're fighting efficiently, you won't really miss long arm.

I wouldn't recommend switching to Unity yet. I'm running essentially the same build as you at GR82, without needing the damage mitigation. You'll really miss the lightning cycle of CoE.

Your gloves don't appear to have been enchanted. Definitely roll for higher CHD.

You're missing vitality from several set pieces. Look to replace these pieces to up your toughness, except maybe your helm, which should ideally have Strength, %CHC, and %Sweep Attack.

Consider switching some of your gems from rubies to diamonds.

Look for a new Golden Flense. This isn't high priority, but getting 6 wrath per hit makes a big difference.

In general, make sure you're fighting only large packs. Use Condemn to bunch mobs up; this will be considerably easier once you have your ORotZ. If there are only 3-8 enemies in an area, skip them.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Guilty posted:

:goonsay:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I think having 3,000,000 health is fun but a 10 pack of 620 Essence Singularity mages just deleting everything on screen in my GR 75 is probably the coolest thing I've ever done in Diablo. I finally completed my seasonal Softcore journey, got my gems up to 70 and have about 650 Paragon. Probably gonna finish my farm crusader until he can run TXIII with Sages on but holy heck am I ready for season 12 to be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sader won't be as fun when you know the insane buffs are pending in the next patch