Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

skipThings posted:

one dude dying in a knife fight is the next rape of Nanking, geht's eine Nummer Kleiner ?

rape of nanprince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
:cripes:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Dude left of him's jacket def says "aryan"

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
So what’s the score in Chemnitz? Who’s winning?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

BabyFur Denny posted:

So what’s the score in Chemnitz? Who’s winning?

Based on the amount of hurt feels in chat, it was a decisive loss for the right.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

pigdog posted:

some of the foreign media have described it as the next Rape of Nanking
which ones?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

At a guess Russian Times lmao

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013
This is such a weird reference to make, why not go for Kristallnacht or something else that is actually Nazi-related?

Unless, of course, he believes that the Rape of Nanjing is also a foreign media conspiracy. Please, tell us more about how the glorious imperial japanese forces are unfairly maligned by baka gaijin! :allears:

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Speaking of interesting foreign media, Juha Sipilä, the Prime Minister of Finland, commenting the Chemnitz dropped some daring remarks yesterday, that

- the unrest stems from uncontrolled immigration especially 2015-2016 and the results thereof

- most of the immigrants were on the move for economic reasons, not to escape war or personal danger

- the fear that the immigrants might include terrorists, or people who radicalize while here, may be substantiated

- the participants of the Chemnitz demonstrations visibly included lots of regular citizens, and weren't manufactured by the far right

- silencing is the worst way to address these difficult questions (posing his own multi-level pan-European "big vision" yadda yadda solution)

It's peculiar because as a center-leftist Sipilä has been one of the biggest supporters of immigration. Someone who personally caused a wave of immigration to Finland by promising to house refugees in his own house while visiting some Arab country - which was picked up by the local media there. Interesting discussions are likely to be had next week.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Things are a little more complicated then that though. Why didn't protests in Freiburg escalate in the same way, for example?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

pigdog posted:

Speaking of interesting foreign media, Juha Sipilä, the Prime Minister of Finland, commenting the Chemnitz dropped some daring remarks yesterday, that

- the unrest stems from uncontrolled immigration especially 2015-2016 and the results thereof

- most of the immigrants were on the move for economic reasons, not to escape war or personal danger

- the fear that the immigrants might include terrorists, or people who radicalize while here, may be substantiated

- the participants of the Chemnitz demonstrations visibly included lots of regular citizens, and weren't manufactured by the far right

- silencing is the worst way to address these difficult questions (posing his own multi-level pan-European "big vision" yadda yadda solution)

It's peculiar because as a center-leftist Sipilä has been one of the biggest supporters of immigration. Someone who personally caused a wave of immigration to Finland by promising to house refugees in his own house while visiting some Arab country - which was picked up by the local media there. Interesting discussions are likely to be had next week.

Sounds more like the prime minister of idiot land to me. So much wrong in so little time, impressive.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

pigdog posted:

The imitation of the West in Central/Eastern Europe (outside of Russia) is still ongoing just as it was in the 90ies. What some might not realise is that they're still trying to imitate the West in the 90ies, whereas the West in 2018 has changed substantially, and not always to the better. A whole lot of people in Western Europe, too, would like their countries to be more similar to their imitated 90ies versions.

I agree that it's very difficult for established parties, e.g. "cuckservatives", to regain the trust of the population burned by the immigration crisis. People aren't fed up with merely immigration, but the "European values" enforced by the EU, which used to mean one thing, but between 90ies and 2018 were amended with clauses such as "no borders" and cultural marxism. The other thing is that if the established conservatives would say "okay that immigration thing was bad, we've learned from it, let's go back the way things were", then their prospective voters simply wouldn't believe them.

I believe the future lies in new parties that aren't part of the establishment, that the leftist media and D&D don't necessarily like, but who are setting hard limits with regards to how far right they are willing to go, to alleviate the fears of people who fear they want them dead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Can you please gently caress off forever ?

az
Dec 2, 2005

do they zücht those people somewhere, its like an idiot weedfarm

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Guy honestly sounds to me like a small-time politician that's still chugging the Kool-Aid with both fists. You know aufm Land, where you see a Wahlplakat with a baby-faced former classmate of yours in MyFirstSuit running for office after being a month out of the Junge Union?

That guy.

Just a concerned poster.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Nazis are bad, loving nazis up is good, hth.
Also gently caress off with your Lügenpresse scheiße pigdog.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

pigdog posted:

Speaking of interesting foreign media
Yeah speaking of them, which ones did the Rape of Nanking thing you brought up?

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
gently caress Nazis, gently caress anyone who marches alongside Nazis, gently caress anyone who trivializes Nazis marching.

Also gently caress "besorgte Bürger" and people whining on their behalf that it's NOT FAIR that their poor little euroskeptic, quote-unquote "conservative", freezepeach feet are being held to the fire. You lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Assuming the nazification of Sachsen keeps going for another decade or two and the Nazis actually gain power, what can the Bundesregierung do about it? Like, if the Landesregierung orders the police to put investigations into Nazi crimes on lowest priority. Can the federal government sanction a Landesregierung for that? I'm sure Sachsen would collapse in a matter of weeks without the gravy train from the West, but is there a legal mechanism to do that?

tl;dr the Nazi takeover is coming, let's talk logistics of survival

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Assuming the nazification of Sachsen keeps going for another decade or two and the Nazis actually gain power, what can the Bundesregierung do about it? Like, if the Landesregierung orders the police to put investigations into Nazi crimes on lowest priority. Can the federal government sanction a Landesregierung for that? I'm sure Sachsen would collapse in a matter of weeks without the gravy train from the West, but is there a legal mechanism to do that?

IANAL, but Article 37 of the Basic Law is about just that possibility:

quote:

(1) Wenn ein Land die ihm nach dem Grundgesetze oder einem anderen Bundesgesetze obliegenden Bundespflichten nicht erfüllt, kann die Bundesregierung mit Zustimmung des Bundesrates die notwendigen Maßnahmen treffen, um das Land im Wege des Bundeszwanges zur Erfüllung seiner Pflichten anzuhalten.
(2) Zur Durchführung des Bundeszwanges hat die Bundesregierung oder ihr Beauftragter das Weisungsrecht gegenüber allen Ländern und ihren Behörden.

It’s really vague tho, and only works as long as the offending party isn’t widespread and powerful enough to blockade the Bundesrat. No idea if there’s any other gesetzliche Bestimmungen beyond that.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Well, we could send in the Bundeswehr to mow down everyone with machine guns. Maybe bomb the Sächsisch Landtag with some Taurus cruise missiles (otherwise those things will never see any use, anyway).

I mean, if things escalate far enough, that could happen. :shrug:

Then the Bundesregierung can just set-up a "Interimsregierung" without any Nazis

Edit:

This could happen because the Bundeswehr has this weird thing written in their Auftrag somewhere saying they can just do a coup to replace "Undemocratic" Regierungen. So for example, the Bundeswehr can just go "Nope" and clear out the Bundestag if Nazis gain power again. I don't remember this exactly word for word, but if the generals leading the Bundeswehr have the balls, they can just straight up ignore the government if it is undemocratic enough for them.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 2, 2018

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The Generalbundesanwalt can probably start grabbing prosecutions for nazi crimes if there is an impression that the Land doesn't prosecute properly if I read his Aufgaben correctly

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Okay here's the thing about regular citizens protesting.

If you join the Nazis in their protest, you're actively supporting them. If you allow the Nazis to join your protest, you're actively supporting them. If you don't distance yourself from the Nazis protesting the same issue one street over, you're actively supporting them. If you pick up the Nazis' language in your protest, you're actively supporting them.

This is because it's explicitly their goal to get regular citizens to join them, to walk with regular citizens, to have regular citizens protesting the same issue alongside them, and to establish their language and ideas among regular citizens.

You have to find a way to protest your issues without supporting Nazis. That's harder than just joining them when it looks like they're already protesting your issue. But you still do not support Nazis ever.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

pigdog posted:

Watched Ruptly livestream; it's pretty cool that they have equipment for good quality streams even in the middle of a mass event. Doesn't look like a neonazi demo at all. Maybe I blinked, but saw very few people who could even theoretically be considered neo-nazis. Average age around 35-40, women, old people, old couples, even kids. Lügenpresse indeed -- the ongoing propaganda war is ridiculous.

if you march with nazis "WIE KÖNNEN SIE ES WAGEN MICH NAZI ZU NENNEN" is not a defence, hth

hopefully america unfucks itself soon and invades us again so someone will finally go back to machine gunning all nazis. like, we already established machine gunning nazis was necessary by the mid 1940s, and we should have never stopped.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Sep 2, 2018

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

bomber harris do it again etc

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Like, if the Landesregierung orders the police to put investigations into Nazi crimes on lowest priority.

Dude, this is what the police in Sachsen has been doing for 30 years now, they don't need anyone to force their hand. If they had actually tried to stamp out this poo poo back in the 90s we wouldn't be where we are now. The limp response (or looking away) to actual crimes committed by extremists back in the day plus the lack of effort in trying to fight all sorts of organisations such as Jugendclubs, football clubs etc becoming infested with rightwing thought lead to a scenario where the extreme right could push their views without being challenged for many years.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

The entire distinction between Nazis and "regular people" is wrong. "Regular people" have commited industrialized genocide in this very country. People can have an Eigentumswohnung and two children and a Festanstellung and wear Karohemden and still be Nazis.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

cebrail posted:

The entire distinction between Nazis and "regular people" is wrong. "Regular people" have commited industrialized genocide in this very country. People can have an Eigentumswohnung and two children and a Festanstellung and wear Karohemden and still be Nazis.

:hai:

it's like nobody has ever written anything about the banality of evil

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

suck my woke dick posted:

if you march with nazis "WIE KÖNNEN SIE ES WAGEN MICH NAZI ZU NENNEN" is not a defence, hth

hopefully america unfucks itself soon and invades us again so someone will finally go back to machine gunning all nazis. like, we already established machine gunning nazis was necessary by the mid 1940s, and we should have never stopped.

Or, more realistically, Elon Musk gets crowned president for life and invades Germany because he needs more rocket scientists.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sure the polite Opa in a Opajacke talking about being moslemized/colonized/exploited by the EU in a state that has almost no immigrants and is being kept alive by EU and federal subsidies has legitimate concerns. Is the EU colonizing its member states with young, verile Moslems? We just don't know! Nobody knows. Could be. Couldn't be not. But it's worth discussing this, so both sides can bring forth their arguments and research on the topic.

Jfc, whatever the Russians did to the drinking water in the GDR should count as a crime against humanity. Can't wait till Stalin's boomers are dead.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/soerenbartol/status/1035961317117579264?s=21

Germany 2018 is not Germany 1932, but there sure are some ghastly similarities

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

My Lovely Horse posted:

Okay here's the thing about regular citizens protesting.

If you join the Nazis in their protest, you're actively supporting them. If you allow the Nazis to join your protest, you're actively supporting them. If you don't distance yourself from the Nazis protesting the same issue one street over, you're actively supporting them. If you pick up the Nazis' language in your protest, you're actively supporting them.

This is because it's explicitly their goal to get regular citizens to join them, to walk with regular citizens, to have regular citizens protesting the same issue alongside them, and to establish their language and ideas among regular citizens.

You have to find a way to protest your issues without supporting Nazis. That's harder than just joining them when it looks like they're already protesting your issue. But you still do not support Nazis ever.

I agree with this.

However what if one of the things people are fed up with, *is* the guilt by association and being judged by the actions of others, even if the only connection is that they both share things they don't like? Who exactly should they be handing the power of judgement over what's supposedly the appopriate way to protest? Even if they bent over backwards in banishing every whiff of the far right present, I'm sure some people ITT would never consider the protest the slightest bit more appopriate. Handing the power of judgement over one's own actions to their political opponents can be pretty ridiculous. Would antifa consider changing their associations with literal communists because some neo-Nazi tells them so? Can the government really say "you are not allowed to protest this thing, because there may be nazis who may also protest this thing"?

What's interesting is that the defiance of such rule by ordinary people *did in fact* take place. Unless you really think the protest consisted of literally only neo-Nazis, then regular people indeed factually defied this rule, en masse. The people who would judge them were either on the same march, or the same people who enabled the problem being protested in the first place. The Overton window in Germany, the established rules of what is considered publically appopriate or not, is clearly slipping. That's what is putting the politicians and media in such a conundrum, even outside Germany.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

pigdog posted:

Who exactly should they be handing the power of judgement over what's supposedly the appopriate way to protest?

⟨-------

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

:gonk:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pigdog posted:

I agree with this.

However what if one of the things people are fed up with, *is* the guilt by association and being judged by the actions of others, even if the only connection is that they both share things they don't like? Who exactly should they be handing the power of judgement over what's supposedly the appopriate way to protest? Even if they bent over backwards in banishing every whiff of the far right present, I'm sure some people ITT would never consider the protest the slightest bit more appopriate. Handing the power of judgement over one's own actions to their political opponents can be pretty ridiculous. Would antifa consider changing their associations with literal communists because some neo-Nazi tells them so? Can the government really say "you are not allowed to protest this thing, because there may be nazis who may also protest this thing"?

What's interesting is that the defiance of such rule by ordinary people *did in fact* take place. Unless you really think the protest consisted of literally only neo-Nazis, then regular people indeed factually defied this rule, en masse. The people who would judge them were either on the same march, or the same people who enabled the problem being protested in the first place. The Overton window in Germany, the established rules of what is considered publically appopriate or not, is clearly slipping. That's what is putting the politicians and media in such a conundrum, even outside Germany.

Just a head's up, by "people" you are referring to a minority of Sachsen. Sachsen are "people" I only rate one step higher than Bavarians, and maybe 1,5 steps above Austrians. I like that random stray cat which always tries to attack my cat higher than the average Saxonian.

It may sound cynical, but joining Nazis in protests is the exact thing I expect from your typical Sachsenschwein.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Jfc, whatever the Russians did to the drinking water in the GDR should count as a crime against humanity. Can't wait till Stalin's boomers are dead.

A whole generation grew up in the 90s in the east that only ever saw nazis go unchallenged and spread whatever hateful poo poo without opposition. Nobody was there to defend the current system because it had made 25% of people unemployed so you've now got a region where a ton of people a) have deep distrust that the democratic system in Germany is good/working and b) don't even blink when someone screams racist poo poo.
This poo poo isn't going away anytime soon I'm afraid.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Libluini posted:

Just a head's up, by "people" you are referring to a minority of Sachsen. Sachsen are "people" I only rate one step higher than Bavarians, and maybe 1,5 steps above Austrians. I like that random stray cat which always tries to attack my cat higher than the average Saxonian.

It may sound cynical, but joining Nazis in protests is the exact thing I expect from your typical Sachsenschwein.

FWIW that's exactly the same kind of elitism that got Trump elected.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Oh no, won't somebody think of the poor lunatics who think Sachsen is 80% Muslim and the EU is using gay rays to turn kids homosexual in their sleep :qq:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pigdog posted:

FWIW that's exactly the same kind of elitism that got Trump elected.

I think you have that backwards, Hillary was the elitist, Trump the one using baseless prejudices

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

pigdog posted:

I agree with this.

gently caress off back to 4chan you dogwhistling scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_ZdP79O84

For those who are at work: This video shows some of the lovely citizens of Chemnitz chanting things like „Ausländer raus!“, „Wir sind die Fans - Adolf Hitler Hooligans!“ and „Wer, wenn nicht wir? Wann, wenn nicht jetzt? Nationaler Sozialismus jetzt, jetzt, jetzt!“

Everybody involved in this is a Nazi, and I mean that in the 100% bonafide, no-hyperbole, historically correct sense of the word. Everybody who didn’t identify as a Nazi before, marched along with them and didn’t book it the millisecond they started chanting that poo poo is a Nazi. Everybody who claims that these are just concerned citizens with a few bad apples mixed in is either a raging idiot or a Nazi (but I repeat myself). Hope this helps.