Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MNSNTZR posted:

the e6 robin person also had an e6s4 aventurine, so i’m very perplexed as to why they added me. maybe they recognized a person panic pulling for s5 on the last day of his banner too

aye thanks, added. i think the one support i had was e0 anyway so you saved me some digging. hope you enjoy the most blue-balled e2 sparkle you’ll probably ever see — 156 goddamn speed :smith:

you’re also extremely right about the clockie quest. i’m an avid reader of the SU text walls but this poo poo was a bridge too far

My Sparkle waffles between 156 and 160 speed. It depends on whether or not I'm using Bronya and what speed tuning she needs. Sharing relics sucks. :(

Edit: And Sparkle has to wear mismatched planars with an attack rope. Those 2 pieces are 18 speed!

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Huo-whoooooaah

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

What the hell lol. She big sad.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, apparently there's a bug where entering the status menu and leaving will cause anyone stuck in Svarog's hand to grow slightly larger. Which you can repeat until they are arbitrarily large.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Big Huohuo isnt real and cant hurt you

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Big Tail will gently caress you up, however.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Detheros posted:

Big Tail will gently caress you up, however.

HEY KNUCKLEHEAD

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I did not get Topaz, I got Clara E1

and now I have a guarantee wow

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

I did not get Topaz, I got Clara E1

and now I have a guarantee wow

Sucks but at least that’s one of the best standard e1s to get!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm jealous. I hope my next loss gives me Clara e1.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
Now that I know I can make people HUGE when fighting Svarog I am gonna fight him at every opportunity.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Good old ZMM warpless shenanigans:

https://youtu.be/dZN6ovW48CM?si=Guv_IpP1Yb2fapiy

His self-imposed challenge is that he’s not going to warp until he can no longer clear MoC. He's at 35/36 currently, and some of the bullshit he had to put together to clear MoC 10 & 11 is insane. He's a masterclass in thinking outside of the box in this game.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 20, 2024

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just learned that the "go again" button after you finish an Echo of War warns you if one of your party members is dead, because the autobattle AI somehow got Acheron killed fighting the new boss. Smart UI decision, but I'd like to know how that happened...

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

FractalSandwich posted:

I just learned that the "go again" button after you finish an Echo of War warns you if one of your party members is dead, because the autobattle AI somehow got Acheron killed fighting the new boss. Smart UI decision, but I'd like to know how that happened...

it does it for anything that has a go again. because sometimes autobattle can get acheron killed fighting the trash mobs of the XP mats (because it loves to trigger the ult when there is a single enemy left with 1% hp)

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

harmony trailblazer has to be one of the best designs they've done in a while *and* they're free. So fun to play with. Just going Ruan Mei + H-TB + Aventurine + Whoever and having fun doing stuff.

Hope Boothill has a fun set-up despite being a Hunt character. I really like Dr. Ratio but nothing about his set-up is really fun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

His self-imposed challenge is that he’s not going to warp until he can no longer clear MoC. He's at 35/36 currently, and some of the bullshit he had to put together to clear MoC 10 & 11 is insane. He's a masterclass in thinking outside of the box in this game.

these videos are cool but i wish youtubers could stop talking in clickbait speech

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they made a MISTAKE by giving us harmony mc

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

This is glorious.

By the way someone mentioned earlier that for clearing Conundrum 10 dice it's better to do a 4-6 split of conundrum "buffs". I realized I had been doing the opposite giving the bosses max stats instead of taking the negative curio. That was a Huge Mistake.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

UnderFreddy posted:

Hope Boothill has a fun set-up despite being a Hunt character. I really like Dr. Ratio but nothing about his set-up is really fun

I don't like either of their looks or personalities, though Boothill's voice actor has won me over a bit with some funny clips on youtube. That said both of them have amazing kinetic feeling and sounding attacks for Ratio's chalk throw and Booty's enhanced attack that are great to witness in action.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Endorph posted:

these videos are cool but i wish youtubers could stop talking in clickbait speech

It's been proven, repeatedly, that that poo poo works. And for most of these people it's their job. So the only people who can really afford to get away from that poo poo are the people who are already financially secure for the rest of their life. Otherwise? You color match, you use the right font, and you make the face. And then you get to have health insurance.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
probably why prozd's videos are so good. he's got a day job so he can afford to rate every panda express menu item or whatever in a normal voice

also yay i got hatblazer the other day and i love to dance with clockie

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 20, 2024

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
My personal most hated youtuber trick is the "coming up" one where they start the video with 5 seconds of something that happens later in the video. Again though I assume it works for retaining random viewers or whatever so there's a reason they do it but I still hate it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mulva posted:

It's been proven, repeatedly, that that poo poo works. And for most of these people it's their job. So the only people who can really afford to get away from that poo poo are the people who are already financially secure for the rest of their life. Otherwise? You color match, you use the right font, and you make the face. And then you get to have health insurance.
i dont care. it sucks. gomen

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if i made youtube videos i would simply not do that op. skill issue? perhaps. but then, when there are plenty of successful youtubers who dont do that, perhaps these people are just idiots

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
I don't like YouTube, but at least you can hit '3' to jump to 30%, which usually skips some of the front-loaded junk that the typical poster has. That and the sponsor block add in for your browser and you can have a semi-decent experience.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
huohuo and gui pointing at hatblazer with their mouths wide open

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

bagrada posted:

I don't like either of their looks or personalities, though Boothill's voice actor has won me over a bit with some funny clips on youtube. That said both of them have amazing kinetic feeling and sounding attacks for Ratio's chalk throw and Booty's enhanced attack that are great to witness in action.

yeah, so much of Ratio is cool! I guess it's just sort of difficult to make a character whose abilities are "skill that might trigger follow-up" and "ult that triggers follow-up" fun to use

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

UnderFreddy posted:

yeah, so much of Ratio is cool! I guess it's just sort of difficult to make a character whose abilities are "skill that might trigger follow-up" and "ult that triggers follow-up" fun to use

Use him with Topaz.

Ult > Ult > numby > followup > skill > followup > numby > followup is very fun and effective.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

UnderFreddy posted:

Dr Ratio is fun to use when you have the right team and you can both guarantee his skill follow-ups and chain together a bunch of follow-ups from everyone. Sometimes you can get a long chain going like
Ratio ult -> FUA from enhanced Numby -> FUA from Ratio -> FUA from Aventurine -> FUA from Numby -> FUA from Ratio

(I forget which goes first when both Numby and Ratio trigger simultaneously but you get the idea)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

huohuo and gui pointing at hatblazer with their mouths wide open

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

does e1 Clara make her a Frontliner?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes already a frontliner

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

E1 Clara is a decent upgrade on her damage. She doesn't lose her Mark anymore, so she can spam her skill every turn without worrying about a dps loss.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Genovera posted:

Dr Ratio is fun to use when you have the right team and you can both guarantee his skill follow-ups and chain together a bunch of follow-ups from everyone. Sometimes you can get a long chain going like
Ratio ult -> FUA from enhanced Numby -> FUA from Ratio -> FUA from Aventurine -> FUA from Numby -> FUA from Ratio

(I forget which goes first when both Numby and Ratio trigger simultaneously but you get the idea)

Ratio goes first, Numby has to wait for his turn. I'm so in love with my Topaz/Ratio/Aventurine team and the last slot is pretty flexible. Topaz is E6 with no LC, and Aventurine is E1 with S1 LC. When Ratio comes back around I might try for his LC or some eidos, if I can save enough before then.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Meowywitch posted:

does e1 Clara make her a Frontliner?

S1 gives her a nice little self heal if that's what you meant.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ratio is cool. I love hitting people with chalk. I can't wait for Boothill to show up so I can kick people while wearing a cool hat.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Beta v3 update, Firefly got 50% Super Break damage in her kit but her 40% DEF trace was removed. She also got a bunch of buffs to her numbers, although her Enhanced Skill ATK multiplier got gutted so Critfly is now basically pointless. Technically she's not as chained to HMC anymore but you probably still want them. Still a big net win overall.

In other news the Break relic set now does 10% DEF ignore for Break damage at 150% BE, but 15% additional DEF ignore for Super Break specifically, which is naturally good news for Firefly but effectively fucks over Boothill because he's not dependent on Super Break at all and doesn't always want HMC in the team.

I'm pulling for both, so this technically half benefits me, but still I'm actually getting pretty loving sick of the blatant favoritism. The Fire-weak specific Planar Break Effect BE set was bad enough. No this won't stop Boothill from killing poo poo left and right. It's still lovely design. You're releasing 2 Break DPSes in a row, cater to both.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I appreciate the original leaks were "no changes" so the firefly fan discord could spend 20 minutes completely melting down before the actual changes came out.

Anyway I'm skipping the next three banners, hell yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Beta v3 update, Firefly got 50% Super Break damage in her kit but her 40% DEF trace was removed. She also got a bunch of buffs to her numbers, although her Enhanced Skill ATK multiplier got gutted so Critfly is now basically pointless. Technically she's not as chained to HMC anymore but you probably still want them. Still a big net win overall.

In other news the Break relic set now does 10% DEF ignore for Break damage at 150% BE, but 15% additional DEF ignore for Super Break specifically, which is naturally good news for Firefly but effectively fucks over Boothill because he's not dependent on Super Break at all and doesn't always want HMC in the team.

I'm pulling for both, so this technically half benefits me, but still I'm actually getting pretty loving sick of the blatant favoritism. The Fire-weak specific Planar Break Effect BE set was bad enough. No this won't stop Boothill from killing poo poo left and right. It's still lovely design. You're releasing 2 Break DPSes in a row, cater to both.
is it really though? boothill already had relic sets that were pretty good for him, this doesnt seem like it crates him or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it also seems like theyre really pushing super break as a mechanic so it makes sense to make a relic set do something with it. idk i dont think this hurts boothill any and it makes sense