Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
City is great, but there is just so much of everything it's a bit insane. The game should probably end like, a two thirds of the way through and have a two thirds of the collectibles etc etc

You can't fault them for giving you "so much stuff" because it's an amazing value proposition at full price let alone at $5 or whatever it is on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So I'm thinking about buying Bulletstorm, since people give it a lot of praise, but I just wanted to make sure that there aren't any issues with the game and GFWL. I recall someone saying earlier in the thread that they weren't able to start the game because GFWL wasn't working.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Max Wilco posted:

So I'm thinking about buying Bulletstorm, since people give it a lot of praise, but I just wanted to make sure that there aren't any issues with the game and GFWL. I recall someone saying earlier in the thread that they weren't able to start the game because GFWL wasn't working.

It works fine. It's usual goon hyperbole. I was playing it earlier and aside from the usual GFWL issues (having to log in) that's it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Sounds like GFWL is working as intended to me.
No opinions on Dead State's condition?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Yaws posted:

Are any of the Survival games any good? I have Don't Starve and This is My War (which I found too hard)

Don't Starve Together is now out, it's much easier with a competent friend! And we even have a Steam group for it now if you don't have a friend to play with! It's a little under populated at the moment, but I'm gonna try and get some events going and such once the sale is over. It does cost $5 for beta access though.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Max Wilco posted:

GFWL problems are limited to a few solutions that I can recall:
a) login; problem is some GFWL games don't like alt-tab so it's a dumb hassle, an extra hassle if alt-tab doesn't play nice and you want to cut/paste your password in
b) GFWL game only works with version x.xx of GFWL; sometimes you have to uninstall current version, install what came with the game, and then it works, sometimes you have to uninstall, then install then upgrade then it works, a roll of the dice there
c) GFWL multiplayer; GFWL sucks nothing you can do about it except hope the game migrates away

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Don't think my pc could handle it at this point.

I believe it's quite well optimised, so you might be surprised?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

mr. nobody posted:

GFWL problems are limited to a few solutions that I can recall:
a) login; problem is some GFWL games don't like alt-tab so it's a dumb hassle, an extra hassle if alt-tab doesn't play nice and you want to cut/paste your password in
b) GFWL game only works with version x.xx of GFWL; sometimes you have to uninstall current version, install what came with the game, and then it works, sometimes you have to uninstall, then install then upgrade then it works, a roll of the dice there
c) GFWL multiplayer; GFWL sucks nothing you can do about it except hope the game migrates away

holy shiiiiiiiit gfwl is/was terrible.

I played through the (wonderful) DoW 2 games coop with a buddy and GFWL would gently caress us up 2-3 times per night.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I played through the entirety of Shadow of Mordor on a 2.0 GHz clocked CPU with an old-rear end GTX460. Not on High settings, of course, but my rig is like 5 years old by now.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Crossposting this here, but I'm running a :siren: contest :siren: to get rid of all the detritus of a year+ of bundles and astute buying decisions. 250+ games to be given away to goons who can follow instructions and post cool stuff.

Learn more here.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HenryEx posted:

I played through the entirety of Shadow of Mordor on a 2.0 GHz clocked CPU with an old-rear end GTX460. Not on High settings, of course, but my rig is like 5 years old by now.

HUMAN FISH posted:

Just posting in case of people with garbage computers are on the fence. I have a E8400@3ghz, 4 gigs of DDR2 and a HD5870. The game runs perfectly fine.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I got a question, but do you think I can run Shadow of Mordor with these specs?

Operating System
Windows 8
CPU Type
AMD A10-4600M 2.3GHz
Memory Size
8GB DDR3
Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 7970
Video Memory
2GB

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Which Splinter Cell game had the best iteration of spies versus mercs? And why is Pandora Tomorrow not on Steam?

Do you guys think the games will go on sale for more than 40% off?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Grim Dawn EA is on sale today, is there any reason I shouldn't get it now if I really liked Titan Quest?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If it's not a daily deal, flash sale, or community you should wait it out.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

If it's not a daily deal, flash sale, or community you should wait it out.

It's a flash. :ssh: Grim Dawn is fantastic, if you're cool with the last 1/3rdish of the game missing currently, go for it.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Anyone want to get in on a 4-pack for 7 days to Die?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Orv posted:

It's a flash. :ssh: Grim Dawn is fantastic, if you're cool with the last 1/3rdish of the game missing currently, go for it.

I was talking about Splinter Cell, exquisite tea just posted before me and I was too lazy to edit it in.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
G6HI5-4L5ZF-K6AVX

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 19, 2016

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I bought and just finished Broken Age. That ending was a bit of a mind gently caress.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Well me and a pal bought Splinter Cell Chaos theory for old times sake

Add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/wya if you want to play some Spys versus Mercs

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rirse posted:

Operating System
Windows 8
CPU Type
AMD A10-4600M 2.3GHz
Memory Size
8GB DDR3
Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 7970
Video Memory
2GB

It's very likely, I ran that game with a bare minimum of specs (i5 750) and still got like 40 fps on average with medium-low settings. It's very well optimized.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Rirse posted:

Operating System
Windows 8
CPU Type
AMD A10-4600M 2.3GHz
Memory Size
8GB DDR3
Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 7970
Video Memory
2GB

Honestly haven't noticed Shadow of Mordor running any worse than any other recent AAA title (I haven't gotten AC:Unity, obviously) and I also have an i5-750 with a HD 6950. Dunno about what that AMD thing is equivalent to but I'd say you'll poo poo it in because of the graphics card.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I just realized Strike Suit Zero is 75% off; I've been wanting to try it out, what's the goon veredict? Also, what's the difference with the director's cut? They're both the same price.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Hellburger99 posted:

Personally I don't like Long War that much. I enjoy the new customization options and the map variations and the ability to retake lost countries, but the new classes and weapons feel too bloated to me, like they just there so you can perfectly min/max everything. That's really cool for people who like that, but I thought the base game and expansion were just complex enough for my liking.

I think I might grab it now anyway. I'd rather have it to play on my time off than wait until it (maybe) goes on sale again just to save $2. Is the crystal version worth it for the extra character and dungeon mode?

Ntello is a neat hero that focuses entirely on Wit, basically making him the base building guy but nothing else. He's useful if that's something that sounds appealing to you, not so great if it doesn't as he's a fairly one trick pony. To note, he's involved in at least one storyline with Troe/Warden/Max, so you may want him just to unlock that.

The ship functions largely the same way. Library ship is basically a challenge mode start, making your heroes physically weaker, but have more wit, increasing their operator abilities. Oh, and its not an instant free ship, you need to unlock it ingame by winning with all t1 upgrades unlocked.

I think you can just buy them as an upgrade package, so I'd say grab the base game, and if the idea of more operators appeals to you, go for it.

As a side note, as soon as I get home I'll be streaming the end of my run. It's on Too Easy and I have a setup that should take me to the exit, so if you want to see endgame stuff tune in! If I succeed and unlock the Sanitary Ship, I'll be starting a multiplayer thread for willing goon test subjects to try and beat Easy with the Sanitary Ship ( aka actually hard mode, since it only offers serious negatives. ).

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Edmond Dantes posted:

I just realized Strike Suit Zero is 75% off; I've been wanting to try it out, what's the goon veredict? Also, what's the difference with the director's cut? They're both the same price.

A big fat "eh". I've had more fun shooting things in space in DarkStar One--a euroflavored Freelancer-lite

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Edmond Dantes posted:

It's mediocre. I recommend digging up an old PS1 and playing Omega Boost instead.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

play Strike Suit Infinity instead

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Deadly Hume posted:

Honestly haven't noticed Shadow of Mordor running any worse than any other recent AAA title (I haven't gotten AC:Unity, obviously) and I also have an i5-750 with a HD 6950. Dunno about what that AMD thing is equivalent to but I'd say you'll poo poo it in because of the graphics card.

It was able to run Dead Rising 3 with slight slowdown at some parts with high quality, and that PC port is really poorly optimized. So I thinking Mordor should be okay by that account.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Wow, 3 for 3 on the nays. Thanks for saving me 5 bucks!

I'll do some research on Darkstar One, the trailer looked nice enough.

Also, I love weird bundles; the game is 1.99, and then there's this:

Gaben posted:

Buy Patricians and Merchants
Includes 3 items: Darkstar One, Patrician III, The Great Art Race
HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends 2 January
$1.99

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Deadly Hume posted:

Yeah I'm running it with the minimum specs (AMD Phenom II X4 965, and equivilent of a Radeon HD 5850) and getting 40+ fps non stop. I mean, it could look better but that's because I only have 1gb of video memory.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yeah. If you decide to get the game, just bloat your library with two more games. :v:

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
is wargame red dragon worth it for :tenbux:?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

e; ^ Yep.

exquisite tea posted:

Grim Dawn EA is on sale today, is there any reason I shouldn't get it now if I really liked Titan Quest?

If you're into TQ then Grim Dawn is an absolute no-brainer. It's not complete yet but there's a pretty hefty chunk of content there already.

e2;

Edmond Dantes posted:

Do you like economy mercantile dickery? If so that's worth it for Patrician III alone. Make ducats, gently caress maidens, smoke hemp erry day

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 22, 2014

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

For two whole dollars Darkstar One is fine. It's decently well put together, though there is a storyline you have to follow, it's not a total sandbox. Had good fun with it 7 years ago when it came out, can't complain.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The dev on Grim Dawn is slow but steady, and the devs are very accessible on their forum.

If you enjoyed TQ and you like, well, grim settings, absolutely grab it.

It still has TQ's (and a lot of action rpgs) problem of having relatively few active skills for my liking, but the general combat feel is heftier than TQ in general, and there is a nice variety of roles to play (and a loooooooooooooot of loot).

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Guess what goons.

Its time to watch me take this fantastic run I set up earlier, and run it into the ground somehow.

Watch me play Dungeon of the Endless here. http://www.hitbox.tv/Seayonkers

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Edmond Dantes posted:

I thought it was really good. Strike suit infinity is probably better for pure gameplay/wave mode, but I had a ton of fun with SSZ's campaign.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oh snap, I didn't realize, the first part of Act 3 in Grim Dawn was just released a few days ago!

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18214

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Not quite the return to the days of Colony Wars I was hoping for but after some patches it turned out pretty good I thought. Strike Suit Infinity cuts out the story entirely for an arena/wave based mode that also works really well.

• Locked thread