Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Artificer posted:

what the gently caress :stare:

This is your brain on transhumanism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.

Goatman Sacks posted:

All I know about Peter Thiel is his Gawker reveangance - what else has he done that I should hate him about?
"I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

OctaMurk posted:

Did this man emerge from a loving comic book?

Basically. He also thinks everything was way better before women could vote and that democracy has fundamentally failed.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

He literally tries to extend his life by injecting blood from younger humans into himself and he tried to fund a floating boat-city libertopia.

Speaking of, whatever happened to the Glenn Beck Libertopia thread where SA wrote fanfiction? I forgot where it was.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

OctaMurk posted:

Did this man emerge from a loving comic book?

Mid 19'th century literature actually.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Peter Thiel posted:

Since 1920, the vast increase in welfare beneficiaries and the extension of the franchise to women — two constituencies that are notoriously tough for libertarians — have rendered the notion of “capitalist democracy” into an oxymoron.

Peter "Freedom and Democracy are no longer compatible" Thiel everyone!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mahoning posted:

Peter "Freedom and Democracy are no longer compatible" Thiel everyone!
I think Trump would like to put this man on the Supreme Court, too.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

How do I read that as anything other than "the guys I don't like won so burn the whole thing down"

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

disjoe posted:

How do I read that as anything other than "the guys I don't like won so burn the whole thing down"

You don't, Peter Thiel doesn't believe in things like subtlety.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Night10194 posted:

One of his plans is literally to steal young peoples' blood because he thinks replacing his with it will help keep him young while he tries to hold out until he can be made an immortal transhuman cyborg.

I think this plan came out of a rat study where they noted that old rats injected with young rat blood were more alert and more intelligent and young rats injected with old rat blood were slow and stupid.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Can someone explain to me what injecting $1.5mil into Trump's campaign would possible do at this stage of the election?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

skylined! posted:

Can someone explain to me what injecting $1.5mil into Trump's campaign would possible do at this stage of the election?

Are you sufficiently batshit insane to understand the workings of Peter Thiel?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

skylined! posted:

Inject $1.49mil into Trump's wallet.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

LinYutang posted:

Clinton should have released these months ago. The coverage would have been exactly this mild.

if she did that then she would have had to cave to the next "scandal" and the next and the next. Hillary knows what she is doing she has been dealing with this type of poo poo for decades bro.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

skylined! posted:

If you're in the right-wing media bubble, then the race is a virtual tie so a donation like this really makes a difference.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Admiral Ray posted:

I think this plan came out of a rat study where they noted that old rats injected with young rat blood were more alert and more intelligent and young rats injected with old rat blood were slow and stupid.

Not injected. Having their circulatory systems actually connected to one another like some kind of blood-based rattian centipede.

So kinda impractical.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo

skylined! posted:

1. Tax rebates
2. They probably gave it to the GOP, not Trump (?)
3. Gives you something to publicize (other than fascist pussy-grabbing)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

There would be something poetic in McMullin winning more electoral votes than Gary Johnson and Jill Stein.

Would also probably help McMullin run for a future office in Utah. I am not sure what the national GOP will look like after this election, but I expect the state party to snatch him up

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

skylined! posted:

It's a rounding error in Clinton's budget at this point so it isn't doing poo poo.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

disjoe posted:

Little do ya'll know the legends about Vlad Dracula were accurate and he's Peter Thiel

That was Elizabeth Bathory, not Vlad :colbert:

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

He literally tries to extend his life by injecting blood from younger humans into himself and he tried to fund a floating boat-city libertopia.

Huh. I assume he's paying for the blood and not abducting the homeless? I'm in fairly good shape. I wonder what he would pay for a live in blood cow.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

skylined! posted:

He's just a little gropey, it's still good, it's still good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWvevkE0kAI

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

skylined! posted:

Buy Trump, Pence and Christie tickets to Mars on Elon Musk's service. (Sadly, Christie will be jettisonned so they can make it to Cybertron.)

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Can you imagine Trump getting into Venture Capital?

Don't answer that question.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

skylined! posted:

Well you see, this is young cash that's being injected, it'll kept the campaign alert and active.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Ooh, are we doing that thing where you start a fake philanthropy rumor about a celebrity so they have to either play along or look like an rear end in a top hat?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Father O'Blivion posted:

1. Tax rebates
2. They probably gave it to the GOP, not Trump (?)
3. Gives you something to publicize (other than fascist pussy-grabbing)

political donations aren't tax deductible.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

skylined! posted:

Uh have you seen the LA tracking poll, Clinton's lead is only 0.2%!

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

That was Elizabeth Bathory, not Vlad :colbert:

But (to my knowledge) Elizabeth Bathory doesn't have any legends about her living forever so Vlad is a better comparison :pseudo:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It seems to work on mice old mice injected with the blood of young mice

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

disjoe posted:

He's going to gofundme the wall if he loses. Only Mexicans will be allowed to donate.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

disjoe posted:

He would only do that if she was a 10.

Maybe a 9.

Not an 8 though.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lemming posted:

It seems to work on mice old mice injected with the blood of young mice

They werent injected, they had their whole circulatory system replaced.

Constantly.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Furnaceface posted:

They werent injected, they had their whole circulatory system replaced.

Constantly.

:catstare:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Night10194 posted:

Not injected. Having their circulatory systems actually connected to one another like some kind of blood-based rattian centipede.

So kinda impractical.

I expect a lot of Resident Evil type poo poo to happen to Peter Thiel in his pursuit of immortality.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo

iospace posted:

political donations aren't tax deductible.

Oh yeah? :colbert:

How about donations to the Trump charitable foundation? (Prior to being ravaged by the courts)

Edit: If DT didn't get hosed by the IRS for NOT PAYING TAXES, the people giving him free money also have loopholes the size of the Moon.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I expect a lot of Resident Evil type poo poo to happen to this country generally

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I mean I would gladly go full vampire to live forever, but that is some 13th century poo poo right there.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Admiral Ray posted:

I expect a lot of Resident Evil type poo poo to happen to Peter Thiel in his pursuit of immortality.

The thought of this cheers me immensely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Does it bother anyone in the alt-right that their icons do literal supervillain stuff like this

• Locked thread