Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

SG-99, the second contact team.

Title: Walter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

SG-69, the second contact team.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Do engineering/science guys count as "lower decks"?

We need more Coombs. When Coombs isn't around, people should be asking, "Where's Coombs?"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

We need more Coombs. When Coombs isn't around, people should be asking, "Where's Coombs?"

So if we're sticking to naming conventions this should be called "Stargate: The Other Guys"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

So if we're sticking to naming conventions this should be called "Stargate: The Other Guys"

That could cover other SG Teams too. A new team/adventure each week, with a season long story.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nah, that was the name for the spinoff pitched to Showtime.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

Isn't this just the Rodney show? We have Rodney show at home

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Stargate: Felger!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Done with SGA. I’m sad to see it end. It could’ve easily gone another 3 seasons. Fun finale, albeit rushed.

I don’t know why Amelia was suddenly Ronon’s girlfriend in the last scene. I didn’t recognise her with her hair down. She’s cool and good at kickboxing so I generally approve.

well why not fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 20, 2024

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

SG-69, the mutual contact team.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The opening credits in Season 3 are so bad. Slow pan and zoom out to reveal a pharaohs mask.

Like, did the ad wizards think people tuned I to this show cause they were really into Egyptian stuff and not because it was a sci Fi adventure? If you were changing channels and saw this opening credits you would have no idea it is a sci Fi show.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

IIRC the Pharoahs head intro is literally just the opening shot from the movie's opening credit sequence. The show only added the montage-y titles after a couple of seasons when they reaired in syndication.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
I mean, there's a couple of eps at the start of s6 where the intro is just the gate spinning from different angles + cast names overlap

Obviously they couldn't afford the editors yet to introduce the faces

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah, for a couple of episodes, for reasons I do not know, they'd drop the regular intro and do the graphics only intro.

It only happened maybe 4-5 times.

I like the second different intro where clearly Michael Shanks's agent did some negotiating.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just thought of something funny: Elliot Goa'uld

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I wish I knew how to mess with voices in a video and alter his voice in Friends or Ocean's 11 or something.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Insolence! lol

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jeff Goa'uldblum

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Dana Goa'uld

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Chevron Chase

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Stephen Jay Goa'uld

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Lucille Ba'al

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Goa'uld Finger

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The alternate name for tretonin is Goa'uld-Aid

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Good Teal'c. Nice pouch.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

snergle posted:

mgm is owned by amazon now but they seem to just be adapting popular media to make new stuff. so i think we have a chance of seeing new stargate stuff. more so if someone could create a buzz around it that got back to the money men at amazon studios

Every few years somebody associated with the show or the original movie will pop up and say they're working on a re-boot/follow-up etc but then you hear nothing else about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh my God Daniel, your wife died literally an episode ago and now you are loving Lynnea

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

The quickest way to get over someone etc...

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Oh my God Daniel, your wife died literally an episode ago and now you are loving Lynnea

Daniel ascended to a higher plane instead of dying just to make sure he would. not. stop. loving.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am going to assume every single one of those women are pregnant.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

Daniel ascended to a higher plane instead of dying just to make sure he would. not. stop. loving.

we don't know what daniel does there, but we know he leaves with his clothing and comes back naked

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

men will literally ascend to a higher plane of existence rather than go to therapy

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

there’s a stretch in like s3 where he’s just constantly loving. I know he’s mission critical but they should be wheeling him around on a dolly like Hannibal Lecter if there’s women inhabiting these planets

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's called "establishing diplomatic relations".

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Daniel's nickname for it is "the olive branch"

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

He just speaks their language

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Daniel's nickname for them is "the Rosetta stones"

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

2 episodes in and SGU is DARK and I don’t respect it

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

well why not posted:

2 episodes in and SGU is DARK and I don’t respect it

It's Battle Star Galactica... Gate:

Staring: Fat Goons and Rush Light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Bucnasti posted:

Every few years somebody associated with the show or the original movie will pop up and say they're working on a re-boot/follow-up etc but then you hear nothing else about it.

im in no way affiliated and until its on amazon i wouldnt trust any rumor. but seriously go look up all the stuff amazon studios has made. its all remakes from 80/90 movies and the tv shows are all based on books or comic books or a movie from the 90s or 00s
so i would say theres non 0 zero chance they reach into mgm's catalog and sg is good for that

snergle fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 22, 2024