Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The oil burn cheat is actually ingenious, although I think it should rightfully be banned given the whole green aspect of these hybrid engines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I always loved the mass damper, it was such a clever idea and I'm pretty sure no one else thought of it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

poty posted:

I can't believe Hack Clown is about to throw away Ron Dennis' masterplan, just when it was going to deliver an Honda engine with power and reliability like the world has never seen. Hmm actually I can.

He and Alonso, the mentally sick driver who is probably still whining out of jealousy for Palmer's skill and youth, are really made for each other.

They are doing irreparable damage to the best team in F1 history. This is a tragedy.

They are going to look so dumb next year when Kyvat becomes WDC. Ron Dennis must be spinning in his grave.

Bring back Ron

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I am an idiot and was thinking about timo glock, whoops!

You can't just start talking nonsense about Ireland's greatest racing driver!

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I like Alonso, but I think you guys seem to be ignoring that he won two WDCs with cheat cars, so the fact that he hasn't won a championship since pretty much solidifies his position as a massive fraud.

Stroll, however, probably has a good 20 years in the sport and will probably earn multiple WDCs once he unlocks his true skill.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Khablam posted:

actually op lewis is just bad

he's probably the fastest driver in the field at the moment whether you like him or not, the amount of 'holy poo poo' laps he's pulled out this season is crazy

This crop of drivers are all a bunch of entitled, pampered, whiny little shits. Just like pretty much every top sportsperson of the last 10 years

The difference is, hamilton pouts and moans about when his car lets him down. That is fine, when you drive as fast as he does, in a top team, you absolutely are allowed to be annoyed when your car lets you down. Alonso gets a pass for this reason too (top team once ok?)

Vettel whines and moans when others around him are doing better than he is, so gently caress him basically.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Zaphod42 posted:

I'd love to ride in one of these, although the view looks poo poo :cheeky:
Interesting they're being run by everyone's favourite ex-team boss Eddie Jordan Flavio Briatore Ron Dennis Bernie Ecclestone Max Mosley Paul Stoddart, and he's got bestest-f1-designer-ever Mike Gascoyne to improve them. The view is apparently one of the items on the list.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/the-2018-upgrade-plan-for-a-20-year-old-f1-car-942835/

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

he's probably the fastest driver in the field at the moment whether you like him or not, the amount of 'holy poo poo' laps he's pulled out this season is crazy

This crop of drivers are all a bunch of entitled, pampered, whiny little shits. Just like pretty much every top sportsperson of the last 10 years

The difference is, hamilton pouts and moans about when his car lets him down. That is fine, when you drive as fast as he does, in a top team, you absolutely are allowed to be annoyed when your car lets you down. Alonso gets a pass for this reason too (top team once ok?)

Vettel whines and moans when others around him are doing better than he is, so gently caress him basically.

Throwing out your toys and being a big baby when things go wrong is the emotional blackmail 2 year olds use.
At least the other drivers are just whiney teenagers.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Interesting they're being run by everyone's favourite ex-team boss Eddie Jordan Flavio Briatore Ron Dennis Bernie Ecclestone Max Mosley Paul Stoddart, and he's got bestest-f1-designer-ever Mike Gascoyne to improve them. The view is apparently one of the items on the list.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/the-2018-upgrade-plan-for-a-20-year-old-f1-car-942835/

I mean the alternative is something weird like this

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Honda is just a tiny bit naive

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Skarsnik posted:

I disagree, partially.

It's been every top sportsperson since sports started. It's just more apparent with the rise of social media.

Everything else is agreed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I found a better one

I wanna watch Formula Bus

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cRsY9i6XxU

lmao only about 40 seconds in until the person they're talking to in the cafeteria admits that the team doesn't get free breakfasts as the norm.

We're talking about a global vehicular powerhouse that is Mercedes which has been dominating and extremely competitive lapping up endless wins and championships... and they can't even dosh out a little bit to give free breakfast for the team.

Like Toro Rosso I wouldn't even expect to have a cafeteria/restaurant let alone a drinking fountain but Mercedes? Come on.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I found a better one

I wanna watch Honda F1

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also still surprised at all the familiar faces from Honda F1 before they pulled out.

If anyone needs proof that a Honda failure leads to better things look no further at the Brackley based team and Jenson's WDC.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Imagine what our perception of the sport would be like if it had presenters and commentators that were not bitter old men bitching about everything all the god drat time. First words out of croftys mouth on Sunday was "a lot of drivers are complaining" shut the gently caress up and show some love for the sport that pays you to travel the world you prize gaggle of geriatric cunts.

Literally the only people on earth who would tell the public that Johnny Herbert of all people is a legend.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cRsY9i6XxU

lmao only about 40 seconds in until the person they're talking to in the cafeteria admits that the team doesn't get free breakfasts as the norm.

We're talking about a global vehicular powerhouse that is Mercedes which has been dominating and extremely competitive lapping up endless wins and championships... and they can't even dosh out a little bit to give free breakfast for the team.

Like Toro Rosso I wouldn't even expect to have a cafeteria/restaurant let alone a drinking fountain but Mercedes? Come on.

Mercedes isn't some lovely tech start up babysitting recent computer science grads.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Zaphod42 posted:

Marlboro is still a sponsor but they're not allowed to advertise?

Its not like Ferrari would stop being red if they stopped paying them. I don't get it.

I think they buy the whole car, guaranteeing Ferrari their budget and then get to resell it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Mercedes isn't some lovely tech start up babysitting recent computer science grads.

I'm sorry I'm not comparing this to filling out expensive downtown top opf the line office space with the latest Mac Pros and iMacs before we even have a single investment firm behind our make beleive product.

I'm talking about investing a bit of money into english muffin breakfast sandwiches for free in the morning for a dominating team.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQzdyBbzvjc

Alonso's meltdown about the 5 second penalty makes this gold.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

Imagine what our perception of the sport would be like if it had presenters and commentators that were not bitter old men bitching about everything all the god drat time. First words out of croftys mouth on Sunday was "a lot of drivers are complaining" shut the gently caress up and show some love for the sport that pays you to travel the world you prize gaggle of geriatric cunts.

Literally the only people on earth who would tell the public that Johnny Herbert of all people is a legend.

This is a cool and good post

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm sorry I'm not comparing this to filling out expensive downtown top opf the line office space with the latest Mac Pros and iMacs before we even have a single investment firm behind our make beleive product.

I'm talking about investing a bit of money into english muffin breakfast sandwiches for free in the morning for a dominating team.

I'd rather take the extra salary but YMMV.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd rather take the extra salary but YMMV.

Better yet don't make it a choice for Mercedes-Benz. Get your raise AND get your free breakfast sandwich.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I bet they're just wolving down those free breakfasts at Honda.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Also still surprised at all the familiar faces from Honda F1 before they pulled out.

If anyone needs proof that a Honda failure leads to better things look no further at the Brackley based team and Jenson's WDC.

The Brawn car would’ve been so much better had Honda stuck around lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

OhsH posted:

the moment stroll wins this thread will probably self harm itself into obscurity

Nah fam, I've pivoted and now I'm firmly in the Stroll camp. He is probably the most promising driver in the field and the fact that he showed up shitheel frauds like Poois Shamilton and Valsperggi Buttass in far better machinery speaks volumes about his raw talent and natural ability.

Also, Fartin Bumdle gushing over Boois on the podium was inciting the good, hard working Italian people who are open-minded and very accommodating to racing drivers who drive for terrible Nazi teams like Mercedes Benz AMG Petronas. Shameful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Ive changed my mind stroll is poo poo and doesnt deserve to be in a car

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

stroll is poo poo and doesnt deserve to be in a car

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

OhsH posted:

Ive changed my mind stroll is poo poo and doesnt deserve to be in a car

Lance Stroll is cool and good and you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I hope your Persian wife waxes your balls

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lance Stroll is amazing. Truly the best up and coming driver in the past ten years.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

I hope your Persian wife waxes your balls

Hell, same.

1500quidporsche posted:

Lance Stroll is amazing. Truly the best up and coming driver in the past ten years.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

If there is any justice in this world, next season Williams will unleash a Stroll-Maldando pairing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Stroll deserves to be in a Mercedes S280 on the 31st August 1997 in a tunnel in Paris

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I bet they're just wolving down those free breakfasts at Honda.

GP2 breakfast, GP2

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Stroll deserves to be in a Mercedes S280 on the 31st August 1997 in a tunnel in Paris

Yeah, I agree. If he'd been driving he'd have gotten Diana away safely. Such talent.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:discourse:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Yeah, I agree. If he'd been driving he'd have gotten Diana away safely. Such talent.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Although I think Diana should've been publicly executed for going against the Queen. That's hella treason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Theophany posted:

your av text is weird to me, since thats not a pic of verstappen

• Locked thread