Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
MSQ spoilers: With the prisoner exchange obviously being a bad thing for Doma and the talk about having to change empires from within, I'm thinking Doma is about to receive a whole bunch of Manchurian candidates. I wish there was a speech option when Asahi was pouting at you about dumpstering his boycrush. The chuckle emote would have been way funnier than standing there with a stupid look on your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Even if this is bait, just reading that makes me upset.

Nessus posted:

I'm pretty sure Nero manages to gently caress even less than Alphinaud.

Why gently caress when he could stroke his ego?

Hommando posted:

MSQ spoilers: With the prisoner exchange obviously being a bad thing for Doma and the talk about having to change empires from within, I'm thinking Doma is about to receive a whole bunch of Manchurian candidates. I wish there was a speech option when Asahi was pouting at you about dumpstering his boycrush. The chuckle emote would have been way funnier than standing there with a stupid look on your face.

"Zenos died like a bitch."

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Hommando posted:

The best outcome would have been telling Asahi that you and xenos were better friends than they ever was, and those moments in the garden atop the ala mhigo palace transported you to a different world.

Alternatively, lean in close and whisper in his ear "SLOPPEH" :sloppy:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Know that I'll kill your Empire if I have to. Maybe even if I don't.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

"Many men have tried what you are trying, sonny. Better men. Stronger men. Yet I'm still here, and they don't."

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Byakko's babby's first bullet hell is really just super god drat annoying to sit through once you got him on farm. It's 90 seconds of "You are literally brain dead if you fail this." On the plus side, cooldowns are back when it's over.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 31, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"Your husbando was a casuul"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What are some gloves that look good with the Skalla fending body that aren't the Skalla fending gloves because I don't want to do Skalla again?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Warrior of Light posted:

"Know that I'll kill your god if I have to. Maybe even if I don't."

Ward, I'm worried about the Beaver.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Tried out MSQ roulette for fun and I don't think I'm ever going to try it again. I did learn that if you have a fast PC your cutscenes will advance faster than others which results in you getting aggro'd by every enemy in the room and dying before the tanks or healers can help you out.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The list of betrayals grows.

She even had Godbert working as a double-agent. Against that kind of power, what chance did we have?!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Just gonna quote myself from back in June :smugdog:

:siren: 4.2 MSQ Spoilers :siren:

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The Ascians use corpses to get around, right? Could Elidibus have hijacked Zenos' corpse?

Although based on what we saw I'm actually not sure this is the case, since I don't really see Elidibus as the "stay and hang out in Garlemald after my dramatic reveal" sort of type, but who knows?

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

unseenlibrarian posted:

Put that sweater on a highlander dude with the tantalus jeans and some sort of cowboy boots, cosplay forever as "Middle-aged college professor who just wrote his first novel about a middle-aged college professor who's cheating on his wife"

I ran into The Chairman rocking that exact look, actually. Have to imagine we looked like suburban parents who were really mad at their dumb son for that whole three-minutes or you die stunt and sorta-killing Midgardsormr.

go to your room THIS INSTANT, MR. OMEGA

oh god I hope they're not out of pumpkin spice

New glamour system is wonky but it mostly works, or at least does the job enough that I can use AF gear and swap between Battle Librarian and Exotic Fortune-teller so yay. :toot:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Koji Fox continues to be a loving menace to society.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The theme for Hell's Lid is fantastic. Some really great music this patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCu08enF4ts

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Just gonna quote myself from back in June :smugdog:

:siren: 4.2 MSQ Spoilers :siren:

Although based on what we saw I'm actually not sure this is the case, since I don't really see Elidibus as the "stay and hang out in Garlemald after my dramatic reveal" sort of type, but who knows?
I am not sure about the corpse thing. Thancred was alive when hijacked.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Dwesa posted:

I am not sure about the corpse thing. Thancred was alive when hijacked.

I think it's weaker ascians have to use corpses, but the stronger ones can also hijack living folks. It came up in the SMN quests iirc.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is exactly what I wanted to say.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Okay wind only gives 1 gl stack on the second tackle, so it looks like tackle mastery continues to be an Actual Joke(tm).

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Does anyone know yet what alpha's feather is used for? Just found it sitting in my inventory.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Does anyone know yet what alpha's feather is used for? Just found it sitting in my inventory.

Stuffed Alpha. Made by weavers. Requires new mastery book.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Stuffed Alpha. Made by weavers. Requires new mastery book.

Ah, cheers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hommando posted:

Tried out MSQ roulette for fun and I don't think I'm ever going to try it again. I did learn that if you have a fast PC your cutscenes will advance faster than others which results in you getting aggro'd by every enemy in the room and dying before the tanks or healers can help you out.

Nice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

After having a day to let it sink in and a tad less illness, I can safely say that O8 is not actually that confusing and infact stops having mechanics to think about at roughly 60%

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

After having a day to let it sink in and a tad less illness, I can safely say that O8 is not actually that confusing and infact stops having mechanics to think about at roughly 60%

The giant question marks and changed casting sounds were kind of a giveaway regarding what you're supposed to do. Though it does give me hope that O8S is a fun fight that will combine attacks in weird ways.

E: spoiled just in case

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
There’s a bit in 4.2 where a character leans in close to talk to you and I almost didn’t realize they were specifically leaning down to be face to face with my lalafell PC. It was really well done, and I have to wonder what the tenor of that scene is like if they have to stand on their toes for a roegadyn’s sake instead.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
4.2 Maps Report!

- Thieves maps can drop on floor 4 in Lost Canals
- Holy Linen is the new Thav Wool
- Everything melts due to the ilvl sync not being 310

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

There’s a bit in 4.2 where a character leans in close to talk to you and I almost didn’t realize they were specifically leaning down to be face to face with my lalafell PC. It was really well done, and I have to wonder what the tenor of that scene is like if they have to stand on their toes for a roegadyn’s sake instead.

As someone who has played max-height femroe since I was able to, I can't imagine how ridiculous how some of the MSQ scenes have to be as a potato. It always seems like I'm addressing a gaggle of children (which in Alphinaud's/Alisae's sake, it practically is) unless someone like Gotetsu or Urianger is there to break up the size discrepancy, and I just can't imagine staring down Zenos while being the size of his boot. Heavensward had a way different feel because over half the people I talked to were either dragons or Elezen.

As for that scene, it was a mixed feeling of "WHY ARE YOU INVADING MY PERSONAL SPACE" and "drat don't crane your neck that hard, you'll hurt yourself."

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Eight-Six posted:

As someone who has played max-height femroe since I was able to, I can't imagine how ridiculous how some of the MSQ scenes have to be as a potato. It always seems like I'm addressing a gaggle of children (which in Alphinaud's/Alisae's sake, it practically is) unless someone like Gotetsu or Urianger is there to break up the size discrepancy, and I just can't imagine staring down Zenos while being the size of his boot. Heavensward had a way different feel because over half the people I talked to were either dragons or Elezen.

As for that scene, it was a mixed feeling of "WHY ARE YOU INVADING MY PERSONAL SPACE" and "drat don't crane your neck that hard, you'll hurt yourself."

I came back to post that it had just occurred to me they could have reversed the characters’ positions on the slope they were standing on to allow for the NPC to still lean in/down at you, but I’m glad they didn’t.

My favorite thing is still an HW scene in which Alphinaud is talking and, next to him, the lala WoL’s eyes and hair are just peeking over the bottom edge of the frame.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Correction: O8's statue doesn't shift at 60%, it's just that pubbies suck a lot at DPS and goons who aren't me do not.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 31, 2018

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'll be running another maps group this afternoon/evening for anyone interested.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah it definitely front loads the tricky parts. The only one that seems to get people toward the end is when he teleports then uses the knockback instead of the frontal blast, but you're given a few seconds to reposition so it's not that bad.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 what I have to do to utilize a pair of boots I put in the glamour chest? It seems like I have to make a plate or something... but I just want to glam these boots onto my current gear, dammit.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Note Block posted:

Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 what I have to do to utilize a pair of boots I put in the glamour chest? It seems like I have to make a plate or something... but I just want to glam these boots onto my current gear, dammit.

Have boots and one (1) glamour prism. Open the dresser, shove boots inside. Click on the boot slot of the paperdoll on the left and select the boots you just put in, then save the plate. You can then apply this next to the gearset button and it will slap those boots over anything that can wear them.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
THE CLAW is a top tier mount

also i got a raincoat for my perfect boy

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 31, 2018

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

Have boots and one (1) glamour prism. Open the dresser, shove boots inside. Click on the boot slot of the paperdoll on the left and select the boots you just put in, then save the plate. You can then apply this next to the gearset button and it will slap those boots over anything that can wear them.

THANK YOU. Lord I do not know why this was so tough for me.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

THE CLAW is a top tier mount

also i got a raincoat for my perfect boy

Ahhhhhhh! Rainy Chocobo!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Note Block posted:

THANK YOU. Lord I do not know why this was so tough for me.

I may have spent an embarrassing amount of time last night trying to figure out how to get it working myself. "Main weapon? I don't want to set a main weapon, how do I change this window? I just want a HA-oh."

KoB
May 1, 2009

Note Block posted:

A Glamour Plate is just a total glamour overwrite. It will remove any current glamours and replace them with whatevers on the Plate.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Once the restrictions on where you can use plates is lifted, the system is going to be so much better. It's already really good in it's current state as long as you're not one of those people who need a RP outfit for everything while not in a city. Getting new gear and just immediately being able to set your glamour back without going to your retainers is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Skaw posted:

Once the restrictions on where you can use plates is lifted, the system is going to be so much better. It's already really good in it's current state as long as you're not one of those people who need a RP outfit for everything while not in a city. Getting new gear and just immediately being able to set your glamour back without going to your retainers is amazing.

Or keeping a bunch of glamour gear on you, because you gotta look right. Not that I'd do that.