Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It's like I can see the youtube videos that result from this already.

Bonus stupid, but not suicidally so, product:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!
Help, I've fallen into a rabbit hole of inexplicable and horny Ali Express jewellery.

:wtc: :nws:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, this is an easy win for a gun channel.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hellequin posted:

Help, I've fallen into a rabbit hole of inexplicable and horny Ali Express jewellery.

Seems pretty explicable to me.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
One click is all it takes to begin your ride on the spiral slide of AE madness.

The question becomes how you react to the madness.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

it's nice that you have the option to buy all the terrible tourist trap souvenirs without actually travelling anywhere

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Where have you gone to, that Harley Quinn with a baseball bat stuck up her rear end is a souvenir?

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

El Fideo posted:

Where have you gone to, that Harley Quinn with a baseball bat stuck up her rear end is a souvenir?

Florida

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

El Fideo posted:

You haven't been to the right truck stops is all

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

El Fideo posted:

Belle Reve

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Random Stranger posted:

There was a guy on YouTube who tested some AliExpress armour by shooting at it. From memory, he got a through and through on the helmet, but thought the vest was decent, especially for deflecting knives.

Of course, this being AE, you might buy the same armour and find it was a different item from a different factory.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

This just popped up for me, probably the best brand name I have seen in a while.

Ultralight Running Shoes Footwear
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msaBSca

mystes
May 31, 2006

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

This just popped up for me, probably the best brand name I have seen in a while.

Ultralight Running Shoes Footwear
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msaBSca
I guess HOKB through HOKY already got taken down for trademark infringement?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

mystes posted:

I guess HOKB through HOKY already got taken down for trademark infringement?

I like to think of it pronounced like “hoax”

I am less pleased that the rest of the world has tiny feet though. Want to try some of these fancy knock-offs cuz my feet are crap.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

El Fideo posted:

Honestly reminds me of one of the weirdest souvenir shops I've been to. It sold a wide variety of random bullshit, but the bulk of the stock was sexy statues/posters, BUDK level mall ninja knives, and surprisingly nice terracotta pots and planters.

It was in Rocky Point lol

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Finally found a shirt I can wear to a wedding AND a funeral:

Fake edit: Oh poo poo, there's a double fisting version:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've kind of gone crazy on Temu the past couple weeks, I think I am done ordering anything for a while, but I kept seeing poo poo I had been meaning to get.

Electric razor
Nail grooming set
Cat water fountain
Dress for wife
New jacket
New wallet
New sunglasses
Video doorbell without the smarthome give all data to Google poo poo
Knife sharpener
Wireless tire inflater
WiFi extender
Turtlenecks
Hoodie
Cargo sweatpants
Couple of USBC chargers
Sleep mask with headphones in it
Sink drain plug
Umbrella
Backpack

Basically a lot of stuff, I checked my purchase history this was all under $150 total, very much looking forward to it

mystes
May 31, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I've kind of gone crazy on Temu the past couple weeks, I think I am done ordering anything for a while, but I kept seeing poo poo I had been meaning to get.

Electric razor
Nail grooming set
Cat water fountain
Dress for wife
New jacket
New wallet
New sunglasses
Video doorbell without the smarthome give all data to Google poo poo
Knife sharpener
Wireless tire inflater
WiFi extender
Turtlenecks
Hoodie
Cargo sweatpants
Couple of USBC chargers
Sleep mask with headphones in it
Sink drain plug
Umbrella
Backpack

Basically a lot of stuff, I checked my purchase history this was all under $150 total, very much looking forward to it
Love that feeling where it's like "ugh I think I might need an intervention but oh well it wasn't that much money anyway :shrug:"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well the fun thing is it's all stuff I legitimately needed and had been meaning to get for a while (plus a couple Valentine's gifts) but was just too lazy to shop for.

Temu got its claws in me cause I wanted a turtleneck shirt and they were the first Google result, then they were like "I'm a mobile game actually pick a bunch of other poo poo and we will mark it down" and I was like oh ok.

The int thing they keep telling me they have a discount on they think I want is a drone though. I don't know why they think I'm interested, I have scrolled past it every time.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

You said it, they have their claws in you.

Really it’s probably algorithm, they have eventually talked me into a few things though, so they know their target demographic.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I mean, I bought that whole pile or ersatz Lego and tchotchkes from Temu.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

What's this in my AliX Recommends email..?

:hmmyes:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805899669045.html

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Geez, that quote is grim.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Why doesn't anyone have sheathes for my strategic axe

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Alucard posted:

Why doesn't anyone have sheathes for my strategic axe

Amazing post+avatar combo

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

obi_ant posted:

Geez, that quote is grim.

Consumption is what they used to call tuberculosis.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

This seems totally safe and good

Multifunctional hand electric drill to plate cutter Electric drill iron sheet cutter to metal plate cutter
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msjeNVY

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Looks safer than the pneumatic sheers I’ve used in the past.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is someone printing "guarantee: we think this will not shatter while in use and spray your face with high impact metal shards" stickers?
because I can see the market for that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Got a ton of my Temu poo poo, almost all of it.

Jacket: A little tight across the chest but looks good and tons of pockets, will see how it holds up
Umbrella: Nice and compact, functional.
Wallet: Nice and compact, functional.
Electric Shaver: Takes a bit of effort but does the job. Really gotta work it
Electric Trimmer: This one is great. Cheap as hell and smells like burning plastic if you have it on for more than a minute, but works very well and does not cut my skin.
Little bag: Great, despite it's small size fits basically everything I need to carry with a ton of pockets and meshes for keeping things separated
Turtlenecks: No tags so I have a tough time telling which way is forward. Either way feels a little wrong. But the fabric is very soft and warm. One of them has some loose threads.
Dress for wife: Very cute. A little long, but that's the size they advertised. Will be fine in heels.
Sexy underwear for wife: Haven't given them to her yet, they look and feel like they'll be comfortable.
Cat water fountain: Leaks out of the bottom. Completely worthless and has to be returned.
Video doorbell: Haven't installed yet.
Nail grooming set: nice little compact container for the set and they all feel nice and solid. I trimmed my nails a couple days before getting it so haven't used it yet.
Air compressor: Looks like it will work but I haven't tried it yet.
Hoodie: Comfy and looks good I think
"Steampunk" sunglasses: I don't know why they call these steampunk. I wouldn't have ordered if I thought they looked steampunk. But they look good , nice and dark, and reflect everything.
WiFi extender: Got this to replace an older one that's crapping out a bit, gotta see how it goes.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Air compressor: Looks like it will work but I haven't tried it yet.

Please post pics of this explosive device.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I've taken to sewing tiny loops of embroidery thread onto things to mark their orientations

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Nettle Soup posted:

I've taken to sewing tiny loops of embroidery thread onto things to mark their orientations

You can just buy gay pride merch pre-made, you know.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Got a ton of my Temu poo poo, almost all of it.

Sexy underwear for wife: Haven't given them to her yet, they look and feel like they'll be comfortable.

You can just say you tried it on, no judgement.

I’m racking up a considerable AE cart with quite a few hand tools which could endanger my health (not even powered!) Hoping not but keeps things interesting. Trying to resist pulling the trigger but I have actually needed a couple of the things more than once recently.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I bought a xiaomi phone because mine was dying, and let me tell you, clicking on their "buy now" button on a super swishy fancy website and being dropped into a ali store page is very loving funny

Phone is good and i saved $350~ waiting for the version they're putting out here in two months, and because i caught the launch literally the second it came up they gave me a bonus xiaomi earbuds

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That cat fountain that was busted Temu just did a full refund no questions asked. Of course I also bought filters for the thing so I have to buy one anyway that at least takes the same kind of filters

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I bought a xiaomi phone because mine was dying, and let me tell you, clicking on their "buy now" button on a super swishy fancy website and being dropped into a ali store page is very loving funny

Phone is good and i saved $350~ waiting for the version they're putting out here in two months, and because i caught the launch literally the second it came up they gave me a bonus xiaomi earbuds

I hate that our phone market is so loving poo poo in the west and its difficult/sketchy getting access to the many Chinese phones that are cheaper and often better than whats on offer over here. gently caress apple

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does Apple have different phones in China? I did not know that!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Subjunctive posted:

Does Apple have different phones in China? I did not know that!

They’re nominally different for the radio and hardware SIM cards, IIRC, as well as applying software tweaks to maps and flag emoji and poo poo to appease the government.

iPhones are pretty similar, there might be more meaningful differences on the Android side of the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I'm not sure what's going on but zero of the items I've had shipped via Cainaio Super Economy in the last five months have arrived. Everything has been refunded so far, it's just annoying.

AliExpress standard delivery continues to be outstanding, fast, and everything arrives. It just costs more and for low value items it can be as expensive as the item itself.

How has Cainaio Super Economy been working for others? Particularly in Australia but I'm interested in knowing if this is a global issue as well.