Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Sekenr posted:

For some reason next video that started to load was called "how old is too old for one night stands??"

Youtube selects the "up next" video based on several factors, including your history. My next video was for a battlegrounds kill cam.

I'm stoked about the mere idea of new content but this looks a little too on the nose, and also not what I would have picked to stir up player interest given the wealth of plot threads they could choose to pick up (or better yet, do something entirely new). I guess it's whatever was easiest to slap together on a shoestring. I would have thought all the Conga content would have been simpler to finish, but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Ossipago posted:

Youtube selects the "up next" video based on several factors, including your history. My next video was for a battlegrounds kill cam.

I'm stoked about the mere idea of new content but this looks a little too on the nose, and also not what I would have picked to stir up player interest given the wealth of plot threads they could choose to pick up (or better yet, do something entirely new). I guess it's whatever was easiest to slap together on a shoestring. I would have thought all the Conga content would have been simpler to finish, but oh well.

Having no knowledge of Funcom, their development staff, or anything else corporate wise, I bet you that the phrase "Out of scope" or "lessen the scope" was mentioned when planning this story expansion.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Ossipago posted:

I was thinking that whatever work was partially done has been scrapped due to losing whoever had been working on it over the years.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If I remember all the failed hype talk of the past the plan was always to deal with Orochi, then the Morninglight, then the Phonecians (gently caress looking up the correct spelling) and at some point a filth trex shows up.

So we've dealt with Orochi and Joel tooled around controlling the Trex now we just need the rest.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You mean the Unbound, no?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

You mean the Unbound, no?

No? I figure he's a one and done bad guy never to come back because that's what he felt like.

I mean there's a filth trex model in game and Joel spawned it and tooled around one of the city hubs as a Trex one day.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I didn't work directly on the upcoming expansion (I've been relegated to bug duty for a while), but my understanding is that SA was basically always the next planned place, and we're continuing the story roughly as was intended.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
after a review of reddit recommendations, i have decided to pursue a blood-chaos career

blood-elemental is apparently somewhat better, but i like the visuals less

or blood-hammer, but i enjoy being able to stand at range in dungeons

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

or blood-hammer, but i enjoy being able to stand at range in dungeons
Chaos has the same range as hammer :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pilchenstein posted:

Chaos has the same range as hammer :v:

well drat

Admittedly I am to some degree motivated by nearly dying to Story Dungeon Ankh Inexorable Stompy Giant because my partners were A) melee and B) very stupid

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I don't know how good you are at meleeing bosses but I basically had to switch to the other weapon for dungeon DPS and only use chaos in normal missions.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

well drat

Admittedly I am to some degree motivated by nearly dying to Story Dungeon Ankh Inexorable Stompy Giant because my partners were A) melee and B) very stupid

Stompy giant is totally able to be meleed the problem is most people just waltz right up to his feet and stand on them because they are very stupid.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

April 4th. That seems pretty quick. Can we start a betting table on what's broken day 1? My guess is a percentage of players won't get the phone call telling them the mission is live

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

I didn't work directly on the upcoming expansion (I've been relegated to bug duty for a while), but my understanding is that SA was basically always the next planned place, and we're continuing the story roughly as was intended.

In "A Time For Every Purpose", the guards apparently still remember you after catching you, so you have to do the entire sequence without getting caught once. :negative:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

In "A Time For Every Purpose", the guards apparently still remember you after catching you, so you have to do the entire sequence without getting caught once. :negative:

That's a feature. Working as intended since day 1.

Just like the random filth puddle on the love hotel stairs. I can't remember which flight exactly but one of them has a filth puddle you step in if you hug the right wall going down.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I hate that mission and it has so many problems and I wish we had rewritten the whole thing

Len posted:

Just like the random filth puddle on the love hotel stairs. I can't remember which flight exactly but one of them has a filth puddle you step in if you hug the right wall going down.
I don't think it's a puddle, it's outside the wall from another mission and you're just super close to it or our predictor thinks you're running into it or something.

I could be wrong but I've noticed that myself, too.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

I hate that mission and it has so many problems and I wish we had rewritten the whole thing

I actually also ran into either one or two of the crafting bugs, but fortunately "lol /reloadui" resolved that just fine!

edit: to clarify and make your life less agonizing, I was unable to craft the second step of the thingy the first time

might have been due to unstacking things after putting them in the crafting box, might have been due to putting the first-step thing in first

if i had to guess it'd be the latter, I did the unstacking thing on the first step too

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 17, 2018

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

theflyingorc posted:

... and just like that MMHO>Secret World II: The Legend of Amiel's Monetization becomes a bug report forum.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

TracerM17 posted:

... and just like that MMHO>Secret World II: The Legend of Amiel's Monetization becomes a bug report forum.

This is a Funcom game. It's been that since launch.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The amount of very visible bugs still present in the game from the original launch of TSW is actually impressive when you consider how long this game has been around.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:saddowns:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Space Skeleton posted:

The amount of very visible bugs still present in the game from the original launch of TSW is actually impressive when you consider how long this game has been around.

Consider the possibility that due to high expectations set on the original launch, we have had maybe a tenth of the staff needed to support a game of this size/complexity, and the fact that we've released anything at all is closer to "miracle" than anything else.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Consider the possibility that due to high expectations set on the original launch, we have had maybe a tenth of the staff needed to support a game of this size/complexity, and the fact that we've released anything at all is closer to "miracle" than anything else.

Are you saying the team was always too small for the past 6 years to fix some of the bugs that have been around since launch? I wasn't really complaining about it in my previous post, just pointing out that it seems pretty unusual for a game to last this long and also have launch bugs still lingering around.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Space Skeleton posted:

Are you saying the team was always too small for the past 6 years to fix some of the bugs that have been around since launch? I wasn't really complaining about it in my previous post, just pointing out that it seems pretty unusual for a game to last this long and also have launch bugs still lingering around.

The only other one I can think of is Skyrim which they keep rereleasing with launch bugs

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Space Skeleton posted:

Depending on which bugs you are discussing: yes

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

So we shouldn't go expecting any more miracles then?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So we shouldn't go expecting any more miracles then?

Clearly what i said, good job

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Woah now, you said it was a miracle anything had been released at all with the shoe string crew. What does that say for future content?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Woah now, you said it was a miracle anything had been released at all with the shoe string crew. What does that say for future content?

I am not going to play this weird game you're trying to drag me into, guy

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

I am not going to play this weird game you're trying to drag me into, guy

Asking you what your words mean is a weird game, classic game dev. I'm sorry I ever gave Funcom money.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Asking you what your words mean is a weird game, classic game dev. I'm sorry I ever gave Funcom money.

This is an extremely normal thing to say

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Don't be a shithead.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
And here we have an illustration of why game devs in general stop posting in threads for their games

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You had a hand in making a thing we enjoy! gently caress you!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I hope we get some more passives with the new area.

As for bugs, the line of filth is behind the love hotel, near the warp point. You have to cross it to climb up the building with the room key side mission. You unavoidably get 1 stack of filth when crossing it, even if you're jumping.

Also, in the last fight of the Slaughterhouse, when you fall underground, there is a piece of terrain where friendly fire is turned on and you can hurt your allies with aoe damage. Admittedly, that was a pretty funny glitch the first time I experienced it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So... angry.... angry... about video games.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I hope we get some more passives with the new area.

I'm rapidly approaching the point where I stopped playing original TSW (halfway through Transylvania or so) so I think my timing might be very nearly perfect. :v:

edit: the Ancestral Cankermouth at the Orochi outposts on (presumably) the Tokyo leadup quests is a god-damned motherfucker. Tried twice to take him down before heading out this afternoon.

Fortunately I think I have a cleanse-widget and at least one cleanse-skill to swap in. That should do for the only thing that makes long or numerous ghoul fights rough.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 19, 2018

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
That mob and its adds are some of the worst, and really oddly placed. I doubled back and did when I was overgeared. There's probably a lot of other people who'd love to group up for it if you ask in chat.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ossipago posted:

That mob and its adds are some of the worst, and really oddly placed. I doubled back and did when I was overgeared. There's probably a lot of other people who'd love to group up for it if you ask in chat.

i literally only discovered how to access generalchat and groupchat today (mostly because I did the raid and was worried about needing to communicate, lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
How do you get more agents than just the very first one? I have been playing the game for about 7 hours after the agent patch dropped and still have only gotten the one you got when you logged in after the patch. I'm lv 50 and doing the Tokyo leadup guests right now.