Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

Holiday Sale Details

ship-buying

selling a limited number of Idris-P AND Javelin

Pursuant to the terms of your agreement (see Sec. 4 of the Commercial Terms, and Sec. IV.A of the subsequent Terms of Service, as applicable, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos), your payment was a deposit to be used for the “Game Cost” (as defined therein), and such deposit has since been “earned by CIG and become non-refundable to the extent that it is used for the Game Cost...” You further agreed to “irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any deposit amount that has been used for the Game Cost and Pledge Item Cost in accordance with the above.”

wow

they legally cant do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Keeping in line with the population growth of the game lol yeah I'd like to see that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Romes128 posted:

oh hi guys im sandi gardiner and i can do literally everything;

https://web.archive.org/web/2007110...dgcfjjinfhimecg

also when the gently caress was she in fireflies?

also notice the lack of education on her resume, lol
She lists Tae Bo under her martial arts skills.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Decrepus posted:

Keeping in line with the population growth of the game lol yeah I'd like to see that.
That's Sandi's new marketing strategy now that the whales are running dry.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sandi can't speak english, but she knows 2 dialects of it, so that's cool.

Also, French is a dialect of French...

?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Jerome Louis posted:

here's an email i got from my friend who i learned is obsessed with star citizen after i commented that the game was a joke in an email chain

it was seriously the most disturbing thing i have ever read

If you didn't have that reg date id say stdh for sure. Shouldn't we be planting plants now so when if this thing launches we can go all eve-bob for ultimate tears.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Can someone make a script so I can spend $1000+ on virtual space pixels before other nerds buy them? I desperately need this in my life.
Thank you in Advance :v:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/305644/help-purchasing-an-idris/p1

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Pursuant to the terms of your agreement (see Sec. 4 of the Commercial Terms, and Sec. IV.A of the subsequent Terms of Service, as applicable, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos), your payment was a deposit to be used for the “Game Cost” (as defined therein), and such deposit has since been “earned by CIG and become non-refundable to the extent that it is used for the Game Cost...” You further agreed to “irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any deposit amount that has been used for the Game Cost and Pledge Item Cost in accordance with the above.”

I don't speak fluent scam. But are they saying AC2.0 is Star Citizen fully delivered? So any jpegs you buy entitle you to the tech demo they just shat out and anything more is a bonus so gently caress you

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

The resume is from her website which has been taken down but;

she seems to have left out a lot of her credentials on her current resume

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I feel a little bad if the money that people spend on this new sale gets used to refund people.

A little.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Godmode Enabled posted:

Can someone make a script so I can spend $1000+ on virtual space pixels before other nerds buy them? I desperately need this in my life.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/305644/help-purchasing-an-idris/p1

I'm angry they are selling this thing, someone help me buy it!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Romes128 posted:

The resume is from her website which has been taken down but;

she seems to have left out a lot of her credentials on her current resume

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner

Guest Star seems much.

I'd stick with "Guest", Sandi. You're no star.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Ghostlight posted:

She is a master of swords too

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Godmode Enabled posted:

I don't know which is more dumb, thinking he has to queue to buy the ship instead of emailing support right now saying he wants one, or buying one in the first place.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You have been put on probation until 2025-12-15 23:27. You can no longer post on the community forums and public chat channels.

Your continued vitriol versus CIG in the forums and how they spend the money on the project, and your past post history, has led to your account being perma banned from the forums.

Most notably your recent posts in https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/305581/cig-s-strategic-partnership-with-another-developer-publisher#latest
The thread has been removed

This ban does not affect your ability to play the game

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kakarot posted:

She is a master of swords too

how else do you think she woo'd christ robbers?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm angry they are selling this thing, someone help me buy it!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

You have been put on probation until 2025-12-15 23:27. You can no longer post on the community forums and public chat channels.

Your continued vitriol versus CIG in the forums and how they spend the money on the project, and your past post history, has led to your account being perma banned from the forums.

Most notably your recent posts in https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/305581/cig-s-strategic-partnership-with-another-developer-publisher#latest

GetaRefund.gif

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

GetaRefund.gif

Yeah I probably should :lol:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The ban does not affect my ability to not play the game

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Romes128 posted:

oh hi guys im sandi gardiner and i can do literally everything;

also when the gently caress was she in fireflies?

also notice the lack of education on her resume, lol

Print

Herbalife - Hispanic Girl

This is where she learned all about how to implement a loyalty scheme :v:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So, has this PTU been released to the general brown sea yet?

Also, Derek, I need you to be real with me for a moment.

Did you end up doing that interview with noted internet egalitarian Vox Day, or did goons manage to talk you out of that minefield? That kinda dropped off the charts a while back, and I'm slightly curious as to how that turned out.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

So you didn't even get a 10,000 year probation? Harsh.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aurra posted:

So I got a recruitment spam message in Star Citizen. I don't know what to think of this. :psyberger:

You must ride the dragon.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

So you didn't even get a 10,000 year probation? Harsh.

I'll be back and posting in 10 short years, just in time for the beta

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

McGiggins posted:

So, has this PTU been released to the general brown sea yet?

Also, Derek, I need you to be real with me for a moment.

Did you end up doing that interview with noted internet egalitarian Vox Day, or did goons manage to talk you out of that minefield? That kinda dropped off the charts a while back, and I'm slightly curious as to how that turned out.

he did it and nothing of note happened.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Languages
FILIPINO, FRENCH, GERMAN, INDONESIAN, ITALIAN, JAPANESE, SPANISH, TAGALOG

Lol

CLASSICAL PIANO (15 YRS), Bikram Yoga, TAE-BO, Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Theatrical Combat, Surfing, MODERN DANCE, SCUBA DIVING, Qualified Marine Biologist, Motorcycling, Tennis, Cycling, Swimming, FOREIGN LANGUAGES - German, French, Japanese, Tagalog and basic Spanish.

No Marketing or Business degrees. Hmmmmmm.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

If only it wasn't long past the 14 days. :laugh:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

CLASSICAL PIANO (15 YRS), Bikram Yoga, TAE-BO, Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Theatrical Combat, Surfing, MODERN DANCE, SCUBA DIVING, Qualified Marine Biologist, Motorcycling, Tennis, Cycling, Swimming, FOREIGN LANGUAGES - German, French, Japanese, Tagalog and basic Spanish.

No Marketing or Business degrees. Hmmmmmm.

ive mastered 5 languages but only basic spanish.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jerome Louis posted:

here's an email i got from my friend who i learned is obsessed with star citizen after i commented that the game was a joke in an email chain

Why do you have such angry aspergery OCD friends?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
890 Jump is only thing they haven't sold recently (they can't sell Scythe Idris M), grey market is devastated, a lot of ships that would have made $200 profit a year ago being sold for melt cost. CIG must have figured they'd burn the grey market to the ground before Derek did.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she can literally do anything

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

she can literally do anything

sandi is star citizen

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

Holiday Sale Details

ship-buying

selling a limited number of Idris-P AND Javelin

hahahahaha what the gently caress

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Sorry for fatshame

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did anyone say star shitizen yet? lmao

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

, Motorcycling, Tennis, Cycling, Swimming,

That's like putting "walking" on your resume. Even with the hilarious lying she's got to pad that crap. I really dislike people that make up poo poo for their CV because it works way too often.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jerome Louis posted:

Hilarious.

Ask him if he has actually ever played any game with an actual physics engine in it before. Setting aside that it's debatable whether SC has a physics-based flight model to begin with, ask him why this “flight model” allows multi-ton ships flutter around with less inertia than a carboard box. Ask him to explain the myriad of deeply irrational movements we see in videos related to collisions, explosions, acceleration, rotation etc. Freelancer had a more realistic flight model than SC does right now for the simple reason that the “physics” of SC has no correlation or connection with any known reality. Also, ask him to play DCS. Or Falcon 3.0 if he wants to see a better physics-based flight model (from 1991).

Next, ask him how the economy of SC works. What are the faucets and sinks of currency, material, goods, and services? What is the production chain from raw material to component to good and back to raw material? Ask for complete and official sources, not something dreamed-up by the community or conceptualised in parts and isolation from the rest of the game world. Then ask him to play anything from the X series or EVE. Or just multiplayer Minecraft.

Ask him the same about the supposed legal system and its design. What are the laws? How are they enforced? By who against whom and under what circumstances? Ask him what the purpose of the FPS is. How does it tie into the spaceship part of the game? What does its economy and legal system look like?

Oh, and ask him how the office locations, the fetish for designer furniture over functional office desks, and the backwards design — starting with all kinds of over-detailed visuals rather than actual game mechanics and systems — is a good use of resources (both monetary and manpower).

Tippis fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Romes128 posted:

ive mastered 5 languages but only basic spanish.

Cut her some god drat slack, Spanish lessons are on the weekend, just like her acting career

• Locked thread