Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

personally i love the old nasus voice and think it is incredibly win but i can understand why someone would dislike it. with that said however the new voice is unintentionally funny because i do not give a crap about what happened to shurima

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Hitting something with Old Nasus Q was a billion times more satisfying than hitting something with new Nasus Q

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

pog boyfriend posted:

personally i love the old nasus voice and think it is incredibly win but i can understand why someone would dislike it. with that said however the new voice is unintentionally funny because i do not give a crap about what happened to shurima

I like the old one a lot because it has a distinct personality and point of view that isn't one of the 3 every champion has now (Joss Wheadon , invader zim, or grim badass) and his calm and soothing voice and attitude matched well with his gameplay. An expert pairing of gameplay, design, and voicework.

The new one loses the main thing that made his old one good, his unaffected calm, but it also falls prey to the current standard pitfall where they give a champ 4x the lines but they all just say backstory stuff that has no bearing on anything and don't engage you.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Work Friend Keven posted:

. . . isn't one of the 3 every champion has now (Joss Wheadon , invader zim, or grim badass) . . .

You're not wrong.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
It was honestly a way more simpler time, people originally complained champions didn't say enough and now every loving character has 45 minutes of dialogue

The new one loses the main thing that made his old one good, his unaffected calm, but it also falls prey to the current standard pitfall where they give a champ 4x the lines but they all just say backstory stuff that has no bearing on anything and don't engage you.

I think the new guy does a decent job at emulating the old dude. I'd bet they'd probably have taken in the original voice actor for new lines if he hadn't passed away too. I think just some of the lines the older VA had are delivered in a really weird way where the new improved on it, but it's nowhere near as bad as the really old Katarina/Anivia/Janna were

Like listen to old Heimerdinger and new Heimer, same dude, but some of the lines are really weirdly said on the update

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 12, 2017

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

this loving senile old fool in his dementia has forgotten the important and universal societal rule which is if someone dies their work is immediately immune to all negative criticism for all eternity. what a jack rear end for saying the same things he probably said about the voice back when the voice actor was alive, like how insensitive can you be not changing your opinion 180 degrees just because the person in question is no longer alive. lets report him to the mods and get him BANNED

Yes.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when will riot games release a champion that jabbers at me in a creole of english, japanese, and korean???

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats the champions three hit passive, and it has TOO MANY DASHES, riot games!!!!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Oh are we all doing our catchphrases now

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

thats the champions three hit passive, and it has TOO MANY DASHES, riot games!!!!

on the fourth hit she blares synth riffs and mutes all other client sounds for every player in the game

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Servaetes posted:

It was honestly a way more simpler time, people originally complained champions didn't say enough and now every loving character has 45 minutes of dialogue

I think the new guy does a decent job at emulating the old dude. I'd bet they'd probably have taken in the original voice actor for new lines if he hadn't passed away too. I think just some of the lines the older VA had are delivered in a really weird way where the new improved on it, but it's nowhere near as bad as the really old Katarina/Anivia/Janna were

Like listen to old Heimerdinger and new Heimer, same dude, but some of the lines are really weirdly said on the update

The new one is not terrible and its forgivable since the original VO died (in particular I like "wither") & the old one had a few rough spots because nasus had some really long weird lines. But the new one is still angry man with angry man filter which is generic and less interesting than old Nasus' calm and measured intonations about how you're already dead.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my league of legends catchphrase is actually "if i wasnt supposed to die on kog maw then why did they give him that passive"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I played 2 SR games yesterday for the first time in like 8 months and went 0/10/4 on renekton, a game which we won obviously.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

my catchphrases are i never die and believe in goku and if i say the words enough the laugh track goes loving crazy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Waiting for the support reworks. :)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The last support they reworked was Soraka and even a dozen huge post-rework changes afterward she's still loving miserable to play against and insanely boring to play. I'm hesitantly optimistic about when they eventually do a class update

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

kingcobweb posted:

The last support they reworked was Soraka and even a dozen huge post-rework changes afterward she's still loving miserable to play against and insanely boring to play. I'm hesitantly optimistic about when they eventually do a class update
She's only boring because they ruthlessly nerfed all possibility of Q max. You used to be able to bully AP supports out of lane with it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Old tank Soraka was good though

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

riot you dicksucking swamp monsters what do i have to do to get an s+ i went 15/2/2 as master yi with most cs in game most towers taken most damage to objectives and i was about to solo baron but my team came in and ruined the honourable duel with baron plus i built 2 zeal items and was about to build a third before the game ends how did i only get an s rank this is horse poo poo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

misguided rage posted:

She's only boring because they ruthlessly nerfed all possibility of Q max. You used to be able to bully AP supports out of lane with it.

It probably got a little more interactive with the change to Ancient Coin, but it was absurdly dumb how people could play the champ like they were botting to level up their account and still play her at like, 90% effectiveness. Back when she was good, I remember a lot of plat games where there would be a low-gold soraka duo'd with a high-plat jungler or midlaner and there was practically no way to punish them for not actually doing anything in the lane other than healing when their ADC was below max HP.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

riot you dicksucking swamp monsters what do i have to do to get an s+ i went 15/2/2 as master yi with most cs in game most towers taken most damage to objectives and i was about to solo baron but my team came in and ruined the honourable duel with baron plus i built 2 zeal items and was about to build a third before the game ends how did i only get an s rank this is horse poo poo

I meanwhile just got a S+ on support Maokai with only Targon's Brace, Liandry's Torment, and Sorcerer's Shoes; though, I did get first blood and farm the enemy Morgana on ignite cooldown.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kingcobweb posted:

It probably got a little more interactive with the change to Ancient Coin, but it was absurdly dumb how people could play the champ like they were botting to level up their account and still play her at like, 90% effectiveness. Back when she was good, I remember a lot of plat games where there would be a low-gold soraka duo'd with a high-plat jungler or midlaner and there was practically no way to punish them for not actually doing anything in the lane other than healing when their ADC was below max HP.

:member: The halcyon days of Season 1 when Soraka's E was a silence that gave her ADC mana for free and her W actually healed for a meaningful amount and gave a ridiculous armour buff to its target and just used mana like any other spell, prior to Riot deciding that healing and sustain had to be nerfed into the ground and every champion needs its own unique gimmick? :allears:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Addamere posted:

:member: The halcyon days of Season 1 when Soraka's E was a silence that gave her ADC mana for free and her W actually healed for a meaningful amount and gave a ridiculous armour buff to its target and just used mana like any other spell, prior to Riot deciding that healing and sustain had to be nerfed into the ground and every champion needs its own unique gimmick? :allears:

Dude she was ten times as oppressive post-rework, she was pick or ban and about as braindead to pilot as original URF Sona

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
True fact: Soraka was the first champion I ever bought a skin for with the RP someone gifted me. I then refunded that skin, because playing Soraka was not fun.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idea: convince millions of people to buy the msi karma skin, wait for the msi prize pool to be announced and payed out, then have everyone refund their skins!! ha ha ha, checkmate rito

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Old soraka was fun in the same way people enjoyed playing mono blue control before magic became all about creatures. It never really felt that oppressive imo, it was just considered boring to play/play against so much like wotc got rid of mbc as a concept, riot moved past soraka.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Old soraka was fun in the same way people enjoyed playing mono blue control before magic became all about creatures. It never really felt that oppressive imo, it was just considered boring to play/play against so much like wotc got rid of mbc as a concept, riot moved past soraka.

Reported for calling it MBC which is very obviously mono-black control and any real magic player would know that it's mono-U control

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

ArbitraryC posted:

i like how this analogy works all the way down to the game having become dumb and bad as a result of the backlash going too far

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

soraka is more like the four horseman combo deck, ezreal is a blue deck

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

misguided rage posted:

you mean soraka used to be played mid in pro play

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

rabidsquid posted:

you mean soraka used to be played mid in pro play
Nah even reworked soraka had a really good Q max as support.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

soraka is more like the four horseman combo deck, ezreal is a blue deck

Soraka is turbofog

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Soraka is turbofog

thats janna probably

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

thats janna probably

I;m making an excel spreadsheet for every champion, and will inform you when it's complete,

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wait no you're right. Janna has too many interactive parts to be fog

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
So what's kiki-jikki decks? Feral Flare? Devourer?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Please don't splitpush a wave top when everyone goes back to base as we're making comeback by winning 5v5 teamfights. The enemy team will just immediately 5v4 us at our inhib and win the game.

Thanks Lux.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

kingcobweb posted:

Wait do you think she is /more/ oppressive/boring now than she was before, like as a kit rather than just being poorly tuned? Or are you just saying she's still Soraka and has the same annoying things going on?

Cause as a season 2 Soraka main, I buy that she's still annoying but even as someone who liked old Soraka that was definitely worse to play against, and less interesting. Like, she definitely could still use work but imo they at least made her more fun to play, even if she can still w spam. Like, to be fair maybe Adrian scared always Soraka was more optimal than occasional bully Soraka but at least there was a bit more incentive to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
i played a league of legends game last night it was fun, we won

i got hard-carried by a toplane teemo, so you can see how bad i am at league now after not playing for awhile

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 12, 2017

• Locked thread